AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 6 8.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 18.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 33.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 21.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 8.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.35%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-11-06, 14:06   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 16:01   Link #2
Edgewalker
Nani ?

I forgot what time this airs.

derp.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 16:49   Link #3
Miraluka
Banned

Sigh.... I'm regreting for request this thread..... I can skip the whole chapter to the last part when the thing come interesting. BTW I need to find a better raw.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 17:54   Link #4
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Very satisfied... (^^)bb
The chapter with Mikoto helping out + anime original of Mikoto helping out. Loved it. Mikoto's idiocy and fear of bugs were especially standing out in the original parts.

And Mr. BomberMan planting super cool~ gravity bombs~ Whoohoo~ Cool name~ Yay~
Putting aside the sarcasm towards the series... tendency to... Well, nevermind.

Anyways, it's pretty obvious who the culprit is. The preview and all.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 19:02   Link #5
Miraluka
Banned

Lelouch.... you are looking a bit stressed. Are you watching Naruto???
Old 2009-11-06, 19:39   Link #6
JaLooNz
Longtime Member

This episode from the manga is daaa best!!!
JaLooNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 19:58   Link #7
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

I loled at the image.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 20:31   Link #8
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:

lol, how can Lelouch watch Naruto when he's from the 1950's (according to the realworld calendar)?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 21:09   Link #9
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

"Wait, did I download the wrong episode?"

I must have said that four different times while watching the raw . . .
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 21:35   Link #10
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Mmmmmmmrrrgh.............very slow, very low-unsubstantial episode. Definitely one of the low-end manga chapters I'd hoped wouldn't get animated, or at least be significantly improved. But at least the end of the episode gave us the beginning of the next part of the plot to somewhat pull us out from the mediocre-ness of the episode.
I......find myself agreeing with Aroduc again. The reason I keep pointing out Aroduc is because I usually don't agree with him when he criticizes.......

5/10

It looks like they're spending less episodes away from the plot than I and others thought, though.
Old 2009-11-06, 22:06   Link #11
McMilk
*Artist

I don't follow the manga, so I have no idea if this stuff I'm watching is relevant at all to the plot (or if it's in the manga at all)... it's getting kind of boring with all the random adventures that Mikoto and crew go through.

But I still liked the episode (humor-wise). 7/10
Old 2009-11-06, 22:10   Link #12
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMilk View Post
I don't follow the manga, so I have no idea if this stuff I'm watching is relevant at all to the plot (or if it's in the manga at all)... it's getting kind of boring with all the random adventures that Mikoto and crew go through.
Just to answer your (semi-)question, no it's not relevant to the plot aside from the last few minutes of the episode, and yes this is from the manga. (chapter 2, although the last few minutes with the doll bomber are from a later chapter)
Old 2009-11-06, 22:37   Link #13
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
lol, how can Lelouch watch Naruto when he's from the 1950's (according to the realworld calendar)?
He can because he is fabulous
Old 2009-11-07, 00:18   Link #14
Primary Consult

I liked this ep because it does something important... it shows why Mikoto isn't (and shouldn't be) in Judgment.

They also did something unexpectedly right by putting that scene after the ED, a nice indication that some real action is coming up. The ED playing after that scene (instead of before) would have also killed the effect.

I say unexpected because, if I could point to any one thing that is hurting this series, it is poorly arranged. Instead of small doses of fanservice/action/character development/plot exposition evenly distributed, you have things like two consecutive fanservice scenes in the first ep, two consecutive silly eps, two consecutive Judgment-centered eps, and all the while not an iota of anything resembling an overrunning plot. You really shouldn't be able to freely rearrange the first six episodes of a series into any order with no ill effects (unless its a show that isn't about plot, like Lucky Star).
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 00:23   Link #15
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

meh, fairly boring episode. not enough railgun action. at least this next ep seems interesting.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 00:27   Link #16
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Well... I'm not really into this series, although I think the whole "Railgun" premise is kind of cool it does seem like a lot of time is spent on pointless things- like the out of control crush Kuroko has on Mikoto.

I have to say that I actually enjoyed the second half of this episode. The "Kuroko actually has a hard job" was a little heavy handed, but once we moved on to the attack of the creepy crawlies it began to become funny. The highlight for me was the attack of the kindergartners. They're dangerous in a pack you know.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 00:50   Link #17
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
I liked this ep because it does something important... it shows why Mikoto isn't (and shouldn't be) in Judgment.

Yes, you have a big point there .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
You really shouldn't be able to freely rearrange the first six episodes of a series into any order with no ill effects (unless its a show that isn't about plot, like Lucky Star).
But Lucky Star didn't promised any plot in difference to other products like K-no!, for example D=.

Sigh... looks like I'm not going to buy the DVDs or BDs this time, at least they come with some interesting extras included XD.
Old 2009-11-07, 02:04   Link #18
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:

Yes, you have a big point there .
Yeah that bug phobia would clearly hold her back . Really she is better suited to beating up thugs alone and ignoring Kuroko's warnings. She doesn't thrive as well under 'rules of conduct.'

Anyways I thought the episode was alright. Good enough to have Mikoto freaking out over the various bugs she encountered . She really does react in an entertaining way to those kinds of situations.

But yeah guys in this series are either up to no good or get the short end of the stick. I mean the little kids were mocking the shorts, then you have the weird guy, and finally the poor sap who gets blown up while protecting the civilian....Going outside this one even Touma gets drawn into a duel where he can't really fight back . Academy City, guys should walk away from here stat.

Kuroko gets owned once again. I'm pretty sure getting smashed by the door was better than getting her neck snapped and thrown away like last time .
Old 2009-11-07, 02:54   Link #19
Bordix

Bugs > Railgun

A hilarious episode. Didn't even realize that mikoto was afraid of bugs, Was that ever implied in the manga? The movement kinda was awkward to me, particularly when Misaka was ecstatic in the playground

Quote:
The highlight for me was the attack of the kindergartners. They're dangerous in a pack you know.
They're wolves I tell you!!

oh and we cant forget Kuroko at the dorm in the last moments of the episode. That was probably the craziest thing she ever did; she looked like a crazy flying squirrel-lesbian-woman with boobs (<-this actually surprised me) going after her prey.

Next episode is gonna be sweet
Old 2009-11-07, 02:56   Link #20
Avegaille

Lawlz, just seen the episode... it was a bit meh but entertaining still... Mikoto's fear of bugs, yes, those reactions were lol-worthy.

Plus, Mikoto and Konori meet... unexpected, I thought it would be someone else... I guess they're too lazy to animate another character to mistaken Mikoto as part of Judgment? o_O Mmm, that's fine with me either way, now the anime is providing us with crack pairing to work with... 8D

Now the next episode with the weird guy... we're going to have some action for sure. Or maybe a cliffhanger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Didn't even realize that mikoto was afraid of bugs, Was that ever implied in the manga?
Spoiler for spoiler? I dunno?:
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote