AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 64 Rating
Perfect 10 79 68.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 15.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 6.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.31%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.86%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.86%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-04, 16:59   Link #41
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
But yeah that mustache just looked wrong . Someone better shave that damn thing off sometime down the road .

Anyways a great last episode for the epilogue. Really with so many characters even a full episode is almost not enough to give them all the attention they deserve. I am glad that Mustang did get his sight back since losing it like that would just not be acceptable. While Ed and Al had a strong stance for themselves Roy knows he can't go standing on a pedestal if he wants to make things better for those still alive.

Still that was one heck of a moment with Ed and Winry . All this half of their lives bit with Winry bargaining from 50% to 100% down eventually to 85%. Still was pretty hilarious watching Ed try to get his thoughts out there.

A nice end to a great show. Curious what we might get from that movie though.
Old 2010-07-04, 18:06   Link #42
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Just incase anyone who didnt read the manga wanted a mustache-less Roy.
Manga page
Old 2010-07-04, 18:17   Link #43
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Even though I had to resort to desperate methods, I just had to catch the grand finale, and boy am I glad I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Roy pretty much stole it from him
I was surprised when I heard Marcoh's words coming out of Roy's mouth in the anime. As a result, Marcoh wasn't left with anything to argue about, and his speech ended up being completely different: instead of bargaining with Roy, he almost begged him to accept is his help.
TBH, after the way he was neglected so much throughout the anime, it made since that in the end he would have his spot light taken. I guess the anime staff just dont like Marcoh, poor guy

Well, and so it ends. Nothing is left to say as everything more or less came together, and ended in a wonderful manner. I will seriously miss this series it was such a great ride even with the early shortcomings at the start, but to me it managed to be as enjoyable if not more as the first anime.
Old 2010-07-04, 18:19   Link #44
kyonyun
Evil Overlordy Thing

OMG!
Roy and Riza. Why did nothing happen. And why did you cut your hair!?
Old 2010-07-04, 19:55   Link #45
kitten320

Looks like they took work over personal life...
Let's hope that movie will show something.

By the way why so much depression if scenario for movie is not written by Arakawa? Was 1st season by her as well? If no, then I'm not really worried if this movie won't be either.

By the way was it said when the movie will come out?
Old 2010-07-04, 20:28   Link #46
kujoe
from head to heel

Oh man. Marathoning the last few episodes has been a blast. What a journey this series has been. Indeed, it seems even the return of the two brothers with Winry welcoming them was dramatizing this sentiment for us to see.

All in all, I would have to say that this series will become one of my all-time faves from now on. There are a lot of characters I like, and even the villains are likeable and well fleshed out. The deaths of Bradley and Kimblee are right up there in the halls of badassery—two characters who met their ends with a dramatic and memorable flair. And who could forget Hughes?

The Ed and Winry scene at the end is pretty hilarious as well. For all his bravado, Ed is still the dork we all know and love. Winry herself is cute and funny in their moment.

So yes, Bones. I forgive you for the weird developments in the first series, though perhaps most of the credit should go Arakawa-sensei herself for penning such an enjoyable tale.

While the story is finally over, new pathways and possibilities have opened up for the characters. The future is still out there, waiting to be grasped, and I can't help but wonder if Bones would be daring enough to explore it in another story.

Recap or not, it'll be interesting to what else Bones will come up with for the upcoming movie. Here's hoping that will turn out well and good.
Old 2010-07-04, 20:36   Link #47
Haladflire65
*Artist

Oh, wow, already so much stuff with Roystache...

Spoiler for ....:

WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO US, BONES?!
Old 2010-07-04, 21:57   Link #48
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
A friend of mine on live journal found the plot of the new movie

Spoiler for new movie:
*snickers*

Anyways, Roy Mustache actually makes sense in a funny way, since as I recall there was this omake in the manga with Roy complaining about his character design, that it was too boy-ish and people didn't take him seriously enough because of it. So I think it's perfectly in character for him to try and grow a stache to man up his image. Even if an ugly one, lol.

Anyways, pretty good finale and some nice additions like Havoc. I think it's implied in the manga that Roy had Marcoh heal him too, only he just didn't get fully cured immediately and had to rehab before being able to actually properly walk again, hence his final photo. Which I agree was better and more fitting than the one we saw in this episode.

Loved Ed saying the final painful lesson speech himself at the very end. Was afraid they'd have the narrator aka Daddy do it or something. It didn't have the same impact in the manga since the first half of it wasn't in the beggining of Brotherhood like it was in the first chapter of the manga, and thus doesn't give the same sense of completion, but oh well.

My only complaint would be that Trisha's Lullaby was way out of place for Ed/Al and Winry's reunion. That was supposed to be a light hearted and heart warming scene, and instead it became an overly heavy and dramatic one. And it's sad that all the while all I could think was "Goddamn, Brothers would have fit so damn awesomely here" Curse you first anime, for still having the superior soundtrack in the end!

And yeah, Paninya and Garfiel had no place being in that final picture, but oh well.
Old 2010-07-04, 22:15   Link #49
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
*snickers*

Anyways, Roy Mustache actually makes sense in a funny way, since as I recall there was this omake in the manga with Roy complaining about his character design, that it was too boy-ish and people didn't take him seriously enough because of it. So I think it's perfectly in character for him to try and grow a stache to man up his image. Even if an ugly one, lol.
Naw I think it's written within the job description of being the Fuhrer,
1. You are required to possess a stare that will intimidate a normal person.
2. You are required to show an innocent smile to fool people into making them believe that you are sincere.
3. You are required to grow a mustache.
Old 2010-07-04, 22:19   Link #50
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Final episode blog, and series wrap-up & review:

That was a nice end, though I would have liked to have seen some reflections from the boys on Hoenheim's death. And apparently, one of the side effects of losing his body for a few years was Al's voice never changing - it was a little jarring hearing Kugimiya Rie's soprano coming out of that body! Mei doesn't seem to mind, though, judging by the possessive expression she's wearing in that snapshot during the closing montage...

This series was a real winner - one of the very best in the Bones stable. Maybe because it was an adaptation it didn't get bogged down in the usual Bones' descent into indecipherable plot. We'll see how they do with the movie.

And oh yes, that mustache... Bad, bad mustache.
Old 2010-07-04, 22:36   Link #51
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
My only complaint would be that Trisha's Lullaby was way out of place for Ed/Al and Winry's reunion. That was supposed to be a light hearted and heart warming scene, and instead it became an overly heavy and dramatic one. And it's sad that all the while all I could think was "Goddamn, Brothers would have fit so damn awesomely here" Curse you first anime, for still having the superior soundtrack in the end!
I think Brothers would be equally heavy-handed, though in a different manner. I do agree that having Brothers play in that scene would've been more awesome though.

In my head, Winry would be having flashes of memory of the three of them as each photo on the board gets focused on while Brothers is playing in the background. To have Brothers playing at that point would require the scene to be a bit longer, but that wouldn't be bad at all. I want to cry manly tears dammit, so give me enough time to do so!

Now that I think about it, the first anime arguably does have the better OST. It has a few that really stand out in particular. It makes me wonder why Bones didn't just recycle a few of the good ones such as Brotherhood.
Old 2010-07-04, 22:38   Link #52
firehawk12

My favourite bit of the episode was the visual call back to Winry's earrings:

Spoiler for Spoilers:

I also liked most of the changes they made to the ending. It seems more fitting that Mustang offers to help Ishval before Marcoh uses the stone to cure his blindness. The montage was nice as well, even though I would have liked to see some of those characters in the episode itself.
Old 2010-07-04, 22:47   Link #53
Spade616

man the ending was just perfect in every way. it was already awesome in the manga, and the anime just made it better by making havoc walk again.. can't wait for the movie though, curious to see how married life is between edxwinry.. haha

i just cant get over how everything ended perfectly. even royxriza imo, was handled perfectly. theyre both professionals working towards a goal after all. love can wait.

btw, using the song Hologram for the ending with the photographs was just pure win.
Old 2010-07-04, 23:25   Link #54
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

LSDGKHSLKEJHN. A movie? If Elric babies are in it idc what it's about! =]

Perfect ending to a perfect manga/anime. FMA is definitely one in a million.
Old 2010-07-05, 01:14   Link #55
blewin

A full metal heart - perfect line to end the anime! talk about coming full circle!

I like everything of the ending, especially Harvord's addition. The only thing that seems lacking is the title "Journey's end". It feels more like the beginning of a journey than the end of it.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-07-05, 01:41   Link #56
Jarmel

The number of BGM tracks for the show needed to be doubled. They also needed more VAs as so many of them seem out of place. This is my second biggest complaint with the show(first obviously being the pacing).

The mustache is so absolutely bloody ridiculous. I'm also somewhat disappointed they didn't expand on Hawkeye.

They did do a marvelous job with the Winry reunion scene absolutely demolishing the manga version. So much more dramatic and makes you feel the emotion behind the reunion then the manga version(which was still emotional but the anime definitely topped it).
Old 2010-07-05, 03:31   Link #57
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Maybe the movie is only about Mustangs mustache? XD

Or maybe he had the same reason for growing a mustache as Riza had for cutting her hair?

I wouldn't mind a full movie only made of omakes
Old 2010-07-05, 04:09   Link #58
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
It makes me wonder why Bones didn't just recycle a few of the good ones such as Brotherhood.
Because to point is to bring in a new composer and not just re-use pieces from the past adaptation.

I'm one of the rare people that prefer Brotherhood's score anyway.
Old 2010-07-05, 04:26   Link #59
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

no picture of Olivier during the credits. Rewatched the episode.

As for the movie, it could take place in Xing, Ishbal, or the West. Xing is the obvious choice, of course.

2 - 3 years have passed. Emperor has passed away. Ling is to be coronated Emperor. But... someone has a problem with it.

Luckily for Ling, Al has been living in Xing, learnign Alhestry with May, for a while now abd Ed, Roy, Riza, the Armstrong siblings, Scar, and others have come to watch the ceremony as foreign dignitaries.

It's up to old pals to help Ling save the day and keep an evil Xing alchemist from usurping the thrown or destroying the country (pick one).

Back to the ending. Al's voice didn't match his age or body That as bad voice directing. The voice actress is clearly making her voice higher to sound like that of a boy. She should have been told to speak in her normal tone or to lower her voice a bit in order for it to match teenage Al a bit better. Big big oversight and big mistake on the part of the scriptwriters or voice director. Rie Kugimiya is capable of a lower pitched voice.

Last edited by mechalord; 2010-07-05 at 04:44.
Old 2010-07-05, 05:57   Link #60
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
no picture of Olivier during the credits. Rewatched the episode.

As for the movie, it could take place in Xing, Ishbal, or the West. Xing is the obvious choice, of course.

2 - 3 years have passed. Emperor has passed away. Ling is to be coronated Emperor. But... someone has a problem with it.

Luckily for Ling, Al has been living in Xing, learnign Alhestry with May, for a while now abd Ed, Roy, Riza, the Armstrong siblings, Scar, and others have come to watch the ceremony as foreign dignitaries.

It's up to old pals to help Ling save the day and keep an evil Xing alchemist from usurping the thrown or destroying the country (pick one).

Back to the ending. Al's voice didn't match his age or body That as bad voice directing. The voice actress is clearly making her voice higher to sound like that of a boy. She should have been told to speak in her normal tone or to lower her voice a bit in order for it to match teenage Al a bit better. Big big oversight and big mistake on the part of the scriptwriters or voice director. Rie Kugimiya is capable of a lower pitched voice.
Yeah, but Rie Kugimiya's lower voice sounds more like a woman, and not like Al. Frankly, I think they should have had a different voice actor (one who can sound like an older Al) for all the flesh-and-bone Al scenes. It makes sense that Al's voice wouldn't age in the armor, but in his body, that's a different story. It would also have the emotional impact to the fans that the last time we hear Kugimin's Al is when he undoes the soul affixation. In a very real way, Ed's fears are realized, and it does "kill" the Al he knows.