AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-08-19, 23:17   Link #1041
pikxy

@aribites
Actually... I don't know

I was searching for some Kallen pics at photobucket, I think a month ago, then I found that picture of rai and kallen, at that time I didn't know who that white-haired guy was( I thought he was Kallen's father(white hair) or maybe lloyd lol(what? there was no face.)

if it wasn't for picture GundamFan0083 shared, I wouldn't guessed who that white-haired dude was.

btw thanks for the rai info. I have one last question: how long did Rai sleep?

Last edited by pikxy; 2010-08-19 at 23:40.
pikxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 13:09   Link #1042
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Heh, I can understand why previous romance threads would of been closed :P

Anyhow, here's my 2 cents

Please note these are all my own personal opinions based on how I viewed the show

The three main candidates for Lelouch -

C.C. - His comrade, one he can get close to.

Kallen - His sub coordinate, who falls for him for his acts as Zero

Shirley - His classmate, who had feelings for him before even the start of the series, for 'Lelouch'

Remember, these are just my opinions.

C.C.

Now, I'm gonna say this off the bat, I just don't see a romantic essence for Lelouch x C.C.

Don't kill me now.

Even though it was a wonderful companionship, I never really felt anything that evolved past 'Brother - Sister'

Sorry

Kallen

Ok, this is perhaps a somewhat unrequited love, let me repeat, Somewhat.

Not really because he doesn't like Kallen, more because he didn't let anyone get too close to him, in fear he might hurt them. (Ironic, is it not?) Although, if Lelouch slipped for her, and let her get close to him, things would've ended up quite differently.

So in reality, the poor girl never had a chance, however, you can see that Lelouch acts in a different manner to her, he definitely had feelings for her, and wished for her to not get involved with him.

Shirley

Here it is, Wonder Girl.

Ok now, in this case Shirley has an unfair advantage over the other two, she knew Lelouch for the longest period of time, so she was already in Lelouch's heart at some degree.

Lelouch decided to lock her out as well, but was unsuccessful, leading to the Mao Arc. So he made as much of a distance as possible between the two, as wished for Kallen, he didn't want to hurt her.

Now comes R2,

Again, he decides to lock Shirley out, but ends up reaching for her as emotional support, he opened for her, (He could've done so for Kallen, or C.C.)

I can see two reasons to why he picked Shirley

A - He wanted to pursue a normal life with Shirley (However in that way I don't see why Kallen wouldn't be fit, maybe Shirley just fits better in that scenario?)

And the more likely

B - He realizes that even through all the struggles her puts her through, she repetitively falls for him, for 'Lelouch'. He felt as if he could reach out to someone and connect with who he really was, some sort of support to overlap the solitude caused by his 'Masked Life'. She becomes his emotional support.

I wouldn't really stress this point if it weren't for his actions upon her death. I mean, he didn't even react that way on Nunally's 'Deaths' (The one with Mao, then the one before his Rolo scene.)

He simply lost what he made his emotional support. A support even before Shirley, would've been Euphie.

Think of it this way, he has feelings for Shirley, but does not allow himself to love Shirley, exact same statement works for Kallen. However, he failed in completely not allowing himself to have feelings for Shirley, not love, but enough for him to open up to her.

Verdict

As I see it, if all girls survived to the end, and Lelouch had the opportunity to pick one of them to pursue a normal life with

It would probably be Shirley, just because she has the least affiliation with 'The Black Knights,' and with Geass in general. And would be happy with him as 'Lelouch.'

However, with some more development with Kallen and 'Lelouch', the same scenario can be achieved with her.

But for C.C., again I don't see a romantic spark, that and well, she's incredibly involved in the whole Geass predicament, can't really go after a 'Normal Life' with her. Maybe with more development, he could've taken up relation with her.

(Oh and if you must know, I ship LelouShirley. Only because of the tragic speech by her. But the Harem is very close behind. The juicy...juicy harem....what were we talking about?)

- Lashloseus
Hsadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 21:44   Link #1043
GundamFan0083

With regard to CC x Lelouch (or CluClu), you'd never realize that they were only conspirators by either R2 or the artwork.

I'm still trying to figure out how the heck Lelouch is supposed to fulfill CC's dream of being truly loved by someone (romantically) and yet not be in love with her...???

That's like saying you are going to give someone a ride in your car but refuse to let them in it.

Oh, and Lelouch x Harem forevah!!!
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 21:54   Link #1044
Kittenlady

Not to mention that the entire first season developed their relationship as getting closer and closer, getting to know and trust each other more, with the line "If you're a witch I'll be your Warlock", then finishing with a kiss.

Intended as platonic from the beginning? I call bullshit.

Though to be honest, in that picture I think they look more like girlfriends than a couple. Or maybe that's just because that's my favourite interpretation of their relationship.
Kittenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 23:15   Link #1045
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittenlady View Post
Not to mention that the entire first season developed their relationship as getting closer and closer, getting to know and trust each other more, with the line "If you're a witch I'll be your Warlock", then finishing with a kiss.

Though to be honest, in that picture I think they look more like girlfriends than a couple. Or maybe that's just because that's my favourite interpretation of their relationship.
That is absolutely brilliant!!
It fits our boy Lelouch to the proverbial "T".
I always knew he was a lesbian.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 01:22   Link #1046
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:

I'm not gonna hate your opinion bud

- Lashloseus
Old 2010-08-24, 13:57   Link #1047
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I'm still trying to figure out how the heck Lelouch is supposed to fulfill CC's dream of being truly loved by someone (romantically) and yet not be in love with her...??
I don't think it was only romantic love C.C. longed for. Sure, her Geass was shown to have that effect, but back then, she thought she had already experienced "platonic" love, which was later proven to be false. She was also pretty young at the time and might have dreamt a lot about what "true love" must be like, realizing only later that other things could be just as important. In her long life, C.C. never experienced true kindness until she met Lelouch.

While I think LelouchxC.C. makes for an interesting (and pretty) pairing in theory, I personally never saw much romance between the two. They always were accomplices first in my eyes, their kisses more a reminder of their contract than a sign of future romance. Lelouch never put any feelings in them like he did with Kallen and Shirley - and I'm not necessarily talking about romantic feelings, but the fact that C.C. always took him by surprise and never gave him the oppurtunity to react in any way at all.

C.C.'s and Lelouch's relationship was important, but so was that of Lelouch and Suzaku. It doesn't have to mean anything in the romance department. Code Geass was never much about romance in the first place, so I'll believe the creators if they even go to the trouble of shooting a potential pairing down though they didn't exactly do that with LuluSuza! Echem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsadman View Post
I wouldn't really stress this point if it weren't for his actions upon her death. I mean, he didn't even react that way on Nunally's 'Deaths' (The one with Mao, then the one before his Rolo scene.)
Uhm, no, during the Mao incident, he looked like he was about to lose it completely where he knelt - kind of like Suzaku a few minutes later, only a bit more... permanently -, and when Nunnally "died" a second time, he first went into denial, then threw away an incredible useful tool (Rolo) without a second thought, and was about ready to die even before Schneizel entered the equation. And that was after he had decided that she wasn't the only thing important to him (aside from his revenge, of course, but he endangered even that easily enough for her at the end of season one). Not to mention that he was never present when Nunnally "died", while Shirley was right in front of him - and it was kind of his fault, too. (But it usually is. Life hates Lelouch, after all, and he isn't the most prudent guy, either).

Not saying he didn't care deeply about Shirley, but Nunnally is, well... Nunnally.
Old 2010-08-24, 14:03   Link #1048
darthfury78

Spoiler:

Hi Hsadman,
I enjoyed your analysis on the relationship between Shirley, C.C., and Kallen. It seemed that in R2, Shirley x Lelouch was made to reflect the relationship between Euphemia x Suzaku. However, I want to know your opinion on Milly Ashford's relationship towards Lelouch, since it was mentioned that she liked Lelouch in the same manner as Shirley.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 14:05   Link #1049
Kittenlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
That is absolutely brilliant!!
It fits our boy Lelouch to the proverbial "T".
I always knew he was a lesbian.
Boy~? Honestly though, they'd totally do each others hair and bitch about people together.

Quote:
I'm not gonna hate your opinion bud
I should hope so~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
I don't think it was only romantic love C.C. longed for. Sure, her Geass was shown to have that effect, but back then, she thought she had already experienced "platonic" love, which was later proven to be false. She was also pretty young at the time and might have dreamt a lot about what "true love" must be like, realizing only later that other things could be just as important. In her long life, C.C. never experienced true kindness until she met Lelouch.

While I think LelouchxC.C. makes for an interesting (and pretty) pairing in theory, I personally never saw much romance between the two. They always were accomplices first in my eyes, their kisses more a reminder of their contract than a sign of future romance. Lelouch never put any feelings in them like he did with Kallen and Shirley - and I'm not necessarily talking about romantic feelings, but the fact that C.C. always took him by surprise and never gave him the oppurtunity to react in any way at all.

C.C.'s and Lelouch's relationship was important, but so was that of Lelouch and Suzaku. It doesn't have to mean anything in the romance department. Code Geass was never much about romance in teh first place, so I'll believe the creators if they even go to the trouble of shooting a potential pairing down though they didn't exactly do that with LuluSuza! Echem.
I prefer them platonically as well, it just seems sweeter and more meaningful that way. Plus, I just can't help but think C.C.'s a little too old for romance, and I can't recall ever seeing it pulled off very well as strictly romantic. It's incredibly difficult to write, I imagine.

But, their relationship had a lot of traditionally romantic aspects to it. They didn't have to kiss, they didn't have to have romantic-ish lines with each other, and they didn't have to be all over each other in the official art. It's very easy to put a romantic twist (if it's even that) on it, and for them to just suddenly say "Oh there was no romance between them at all" really annoys me.

Lelouch certainly had more chemistry with Suzaku than anyone else~ I swear, towards to end it was this close to being canon. If Lelouch was a girl, and people just saw the ending, they'd automatically assume they were a couple.

Last edited by Kittenlady; 2010-08-24 at 14:18.
Old 2010-08-24, 14:35   Link #1050
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
I prefer them platonically as well, it just seems sweeter and more meaningful that way. Plus, I just can't help but think C.C.'s a little too old for romance, and I can't recall ever seeing it pulled off very well as strictly romantic. It's incredibly difficult to write, I imagine.
*nods in agreement*

Quote:
But, their relationship had a lot of traditionally romantic aspects to it. They didn't have to kiss, they didn't have to have romantic-ish lines with each other, and they didn't have to be all over each other in the official art. It's very easy to put a romantic twist (if it's even that) on it, and for them to just suddenly say "Oh there was no romance between them at all" really annoys me.
You have a point there. That official statement seemed pretty random to be, too, but in the end, I decided it was to show how complex and unique their relationship was, and how it can't be compared to what she had with Mao... or something to that effect. Still, some things just don't need any "clearing up", so yeah. Though to be fair, it was always C.C. who kissed Lelouch, and it was never said that she might not have had some romantic feelings for him.

In the end, I'm just really curious why the staff did what they did there.

Quote:
Lelouch certainly had more chemistry with Suzaku than anyone else~ I swear, towards to end it was this close to being canon. If Lelouch was a girl, and people just saw the ending, they'd automatically assume they were a couple.
Ah, definetly this. xD
Though I'd prefer Suzaku as a girl. Fictional girls just don't get to stab people enough. Or maybe it's because he likes dresses so much, or because the boy being prettier than the girl is always awesome, or because turning his name into a female one would be so much easier. xD
Old 2010-08-24, 14:46   Link #1051
Kittenlady

Quote:
You have a point there. That official statement seemed pretty random to be, too, but in the end, I decided it was to show how complex and unique their relationship was, and how it can't be compared to what she had with Mao... or something to that effect. Still, some things just don't need any "clearing up", so yeah. Though to be fair, it was always C.C. who kissed Lelouch, and it was never said that she might not have had some romantic feelings for him.

In the end, I'm just really curious why the staff did what they did there.
That's a more positive way to look at it. I always loved the way they'd be all over each other, sleep in the same bed, and just generally be very close, but with no awkwardness whatsoever. I bet they'd have sex platonically.

C.C. and Lelouch came across as more 'just friends' than Suzaku and Lelouch, that I can say for certain.

Quote:
Ah, definetly this. xD
Though I'd prefer Suzaku as a girl. Fictional girls just don't get to stab people enough. Or maybe it's because he likes dresses so much, or because the boy being prettier than the girl is always awesome, or because turning his name into a female one would be so much easier. xD
I love that sentence. And sure, why not? I don't mind either way, but it's generally more common with Leloucia~
Old 2010-08-24, 17:30   Link #1052
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:

Uhm, no, during the Mao incident, he looked like he was about to lose it completely where he knelt - kind of like Suzaku a few minutes later, only a bit more... permanently -, and when Nunnally "died" a second time, he first went into denial, then threw away an incredible useful tool (Rolo) without a second thought, and was about ready to die even before Schneizel entered the equation. And that was after he had decided that she wasn't the only thing important to him (aside from his revenge, of course, but he endangered even that easily enough for her at the end of season one). Not to mention that he was never present when Nunnally "died", while Shirley was right in front of him - and it was kind of his fault, too. (But it usually is. Life hates Lelouch, after all, and he isn't the most prudent guy, either).

Not saying he didn't care deeply about Shirley, but Nunnally is, well... Nunnally.
I didn't mean to make my point 'Shirley>Nunally'

Sorry if it ended up sounding like that. I was just talking about the aftermath of his reactions. Although I did notice he takes on more of a 'Hell no' reaction on Nunally's 'deaths'.

But yea, I'm not gonna argue that Nunally was the #1 girl in Lelouch's heart :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post

Hi Hsadman,
I enjoyed your analysis on the relationship between Shirley, C.C., and Kallen. It seemed that in R2, Shirley x Lelouch was made to reflect the relationship between Euphemia x Suzaku. However, I want to know your opinion on Milly Ashford's relationship towards Lelouch, since it was mentioned that she liked Lelouch in the same manner as Shirley.
I'm glad you enjoyed it

Let me re-watch the series a bit and I'll get back to you on the Milly-Lelouch romantic aspect.

From what I remember Milly also saw Lelouch as an escape from the choice she was stripped away from. If she did have feelings for him, they would be amplified because she saw him as something to save her.

But again, I have to rewatch the series to give a full analysis.

(By the way, I've created the perfect solution to all this conflict. CluShirKalEupMil, there, Harem, everyone is included, everyone is happy...Be free to include Suzaku if you wish :P)

- Lashloseus

Last edited by Hsadman; 2010-08-24 at 17:40.
Old 2010-08-24, 17:33   Link #1053
darthfury78

Quote:
I didn't mean to make my point 'Shirley>Nunally'

Sorry if it ended up sounding like that. I was just talking about the aftermath of his reactions. Although I did notice he takes on more of a 'Hell no' reaction on Nunally's 'deaths'.

But yea, I'm not gonna argue that Nunally was the #1 girl in Lelouch's heart :P
Hi Hsadman,
Did you read my reply to your previous statement? Here is the link:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1049
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 02:31   Link #1054
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Hi Hsadman,
Did you read my reply to your previous statement? Here is the link:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1049
Yes I did read it, it was multi-quoted in my post above

As said, I just have to re-watch a part of the series, then I'll get back to you

Till then.

- Lashloseus
Old 2010-09-29, 09:22   Link #1055
rinichan

hello everyone, just wanna ask a question since this is the romance thread right?

Is C.C. statement about V.V ever been confirmed about that
When V.V is jealous on Mariane C.C said the truth is he like Marianne too? or the thing I watch in the net is mmistranslation (error subbed?)..

Thanks...
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote