AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2007-03-12, 16:14   Link #421
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

Send a message via AIM to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via MSN to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Cinnabon-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Sorry about the flash reflection I don't have good lights here

Awww Moon! I got you the Hina figure! We'll i guess ill find you something else i think.
Cinnabon-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 03:34   Link #422
Question
Crossdresser

Does anyone know anything about the doujin fighting game Alibat? Ive seen videos of it on youtube and it looks quite fun.
Old 2007-03-13, 07:17   Link #423
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnabon-chan View Post
Awww Moon! I got you the Hina figure! We'll i guess ill find you something else i think.
OOoooo you got me a Hina figure? Opps sorry to ruin the surprise but thank you for the thought!
Old 2007-03-13, 10:00   Link #424
klinton

Send a message via Yahoo to klinton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
Does anyone know anything about the doujin fighting game Alibat? Ive seen videos of it on youtube and it looks quite fun.
It's alright....Not the greatest game out there, but definately amusing every now and again. There are torrents posted for it over at Alice-Game.
klinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 14:02   Link #425
Kittie Rose

Where is "alice-game"? I've never been able to find any other Rozen Maiden sites.
Kittie Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 15:08   Link #426
Shinku Acolyte
Cool Cat

"Alice-game" is a site the.Merines runs. Here's the link:
http://alice-game.com/
Shinku Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 15:31   Link #427
Airrider
Brum! Brum! BRRRM! VRRM!

Send a message via AIM to Airrider Send a message via MSN to Airrider
Cool, another RM site!
Old 2007-03-15, 01:08   Link #428
QueenNori

Quote:
Geneon Release Date Changes
Geneon Entertainment announced tonight that Rozen Maiden volume 1 and Karin volume 1 will both be released on 2007-05-29, delayed from 2007-04-10 and 2007-05-15 respectively.
Source: Anime News Network

EDIT: Wrong Thread!

Last edited by QueenNori; 2007-03-16 at 01:15.
QueenNori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 04:26   Link #429
Siegel Clyne

Rozen Maiden DVD Sales in Japan

Rozen Maiden Ouverture DVD is a Hit ... Very Good for a "Niche" Anime about Dolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne
Going by DVD weekly sales rankings and sales figures in Japan according to Oricon for February 19, 2007 to February 25, 2007, the Rozen Maiden Ouverture (with Suigintou no Koyoi mo Ennu~i CD) Limited Edition DVD, during its first week of release, sold 10,355 copies.

No other Rozen Maiden DVD has sold at least 9,000 - let alone 10,000 - copies during their first week of release in Japan.

The Rozen Maiden Ouverture Limited Edition DVD appears to be on its way to becoming the bestselling DVD among all Rozen Maiden DVDs in Japan.

A Rozen Maiden Ouverture Regular Edition DVD also went on sale during the same week.

An anime DVD is widely considered to be a commercial hit in Japan if it sells 10,000 copies.

Rozen Maiden DVD Sales Totals in First and Second Weeks of Release (According to Oricon)

Volume | 1st Week | 2nd Week*|*Release Date

Rozen Maiden First Series (Six Volumes)
**1 |*3,454*| *5,100 | 2004/12/01
**2 | 4,110*|***,****| 2005/01/07
**3 |*4,885*|***,*** |*2005/02/02
**4 |*4,967*|***,****|*2005/03/02
**5 |*7,513*|***,****|*2005/04/06
**6 | 4,304*|***,****|*2005/04/27

Rozen Maiden Traumend (Six Volumes)
**1 | *8,620*|*10,809 |*2006/01/18
**2 | *8,341*|*10,346 |*2006/02/15
**3 | *6,966*|**8,654 |*2006/03/15
**4 | *7,160*|**8,978 |*2006/04/19
**5 | *6,551*|**8,181 |*2006/05/17
**6 | *7,567*|**8,744 |*2006/06/21

Rozen Maiden Ouverture Limited Edition (One Volume)
**1 | 10,355*| 12,462*| 2007/02/21
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 10:14   Link #430
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

I'm quite disapointed... RM is not that popular, even in Japan.
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 10:26   Link #431
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla View Post
I don't know... compared to what? The sales figures shown place it above 75% of all the other anime in Japan, and the growing trend certainly bodes well for the franchise. You're still looking at $3 million+ in sales on the DVDs alone (never mind CDs, manga, and other merchandise). For a niche show, that's not bad at all.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 10:34   Link #432
Blablabla

I'm talking about the anime itself and the dvd sales... not the figures or all other goodies arounf R.M (indeed cute victorian dolls are good looking in a collection but...). I was just expecting a bit more but don't mind, as long as those sales are enough to bring us a new season, I don't complain. (it's up to Peach Pit to finish their manga, now).
Old 2007-03-16, 10:56   Link #433
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I'm talking about the anime itself and the dvd sales... not the figures or all other goodies arounf R.M (indeed cute victorian dolls are good looking in a collection but...). I was just expecting a bit more but don't mind, as long as those sales are enough to bring us a new season, I don't complain. (it's up to Peach Pit to finish their manga, now).
Well, yeah, but even those DVD sales are quite good. As the quote said "an anime DVD is widely considered to be a commercial hit in Japan if it sells 10,000 copies", and maybe only 15% of all anime hits that point. It's in the same ballpark as My-Otome and Aria, and just slightly below Nanoha A's and Shakugan no Shana. So, it's pretty good, and definitely enough to warrant another season, if they want to do it.
Old 2007-03-17, 01:06   Link #434
RM-FAN
Anti-Nina Einstein

Quote:
Yeah, and i hate that, i hate tha the japanese prefrer piece of sh...like full metal alchemist, naruto, dragon ball, bleach and another stupids shonen series

i hate that animes, Rozen Maiden deserve a position more up
RM-FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 01:17   Link #435
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM-FAN View Post
Yeah, and i hate that, i hate tha the japanese prefrer piece of sh...like full metal alchemist, naruto, dragon ball, bleach and another stupids shonen series

i hate that animes, Rozen Maiden deserve a position more up
I've never been too bothered about RM's popularity versus others, being a RM fan makes me feel like I'm part of an exclusive club with fine taste
Old 2007-03-17, 01:40   Link #436
RM-FAN
Anti-Nina Einstein

Sometimes, i think that Rozen Maiden is popular in a "Underground Comunity"
RM-FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 23:56   Link #437
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM-FAN View Post
Sometimes, i think that Rozen Maiden is popular in a "Underground Comunity"
Actually, that's exactly right. In Japan, it aired past midnight, and was targeted exclusively at hardcore anime fans, whereas the shounen shows you listed are in primetime or Saturday morning timeslots accessible to everyone. Its popularity in North America will be similarly limited because it'd never air on Cartoon Network or anything like that (unlike those same shounen shows); the sales will be limited to hardcore anime fans (and those who saw the show on fansubs). So, you're quite absolutely right... but that's the way it is with a lot of anime. That is what makes it all the more important for the fans to buy merchandise for the shows they like -- that, after all, is what makes one thing more popular than another.
Old 2007-03-19, 09:52   Link #438
Tsuigintou

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Actually, that's exactly right. In Japan, it aired past midnight, and was targeted exclusively at hardcore anime fans, whereas the shounen shows you listed are in primetime or Saturday morning timeslots accessible to everyone. Its popularity in North America will be similarly limited because it'd never air on Cartoon Network or anything like that (unlike those same shounen shows); the sales will be limited to hardcore anime fans (and those who saw the show on fansubs). So, you're quite absolutely right... but that's the way it is with a lot of anime. That is what makes it all the more important for the fans to buy merchandise for the shows they like -- that, after all, is what makes one thing more popular than another.
Imagine if this kind of anime is accessible by everybody. Imagine all the kids and underages who watch the show. "Mommy....I want a living and moving doll"...
In worst case scenario, those kidss will be traumatized by doll....which will make them avoid dolls at all cause, which soon later in life will forbid their kids from buying doll. Multiply this with millions of kids who will be future mommy and daddy, it will be a generation of 'dolless' which in turn could shut down the whole doll industries....
Sigh.....
I just got nothing to do right now. Bare with me with all the junk I've written so far...
Tsuigintou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 19:31   Link #439
Zife19

Send a message via MSN to Zife19
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I've never been too bothered about RM's popularity versus others, being a RM fan makes me feel like I'm part of an exclusive club with fine taste
I feel the same way. I instantly loved Rozen Miaden when I first heard of it from a friend. Im sure it wouldnt that bad in America since it isnt bad itself. Anime doesnt have to be so realistic as hardcore critics of anime act like it has too. We all know living dolls dont exist, but thats what makes this so intriguing, it isnt that realistic, but theres some who would wish that could have one

ANyway if it aired on cartoon network many kids wont be that effected as it is getting alittle more adult in its comedy and actions shows then it used to such as Naruto, Dragonballz, Rurouni Kenshin, and especially Adult Swim, if kids arent traumatized by those that do show blood, but are while watching Rozen Maiden then Rozen Maiden has to be one scary piece of shit.
Zife19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 19:34   Link #440
Blablabla

And don't forget Ali Project's lyrics quite... "violent" for kids... Nori talking about Shinku as a "Dutch Wife" (kids can google, now), and other dark and mature themes that Rozen Maiden deals with (euthanasia with Megu's case).
And it seems that Geneon choose the "16+" to rate RM's audience.

RM is truly NOT a kid anime... I have a 10 years old goddaughter who wanted to know more about this show because she liked the "santa-desu" I drawn for her. And I was quite embarassed when it came to explain her why I didn't want her to watch it.