AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-13, 10:05   Link #21
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
woot

This looks interesting but you know *cough, looks like drak versi0on of Ojamajo Doremi*
But if it is good enough maybe.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 16:06   Link #22
The Xenos

well I like Studio 4C's other stuff. Comedy, their Animatrix segements.. and did they do Noiseman Sound Insect?

Anyway, this looks amazing. Love the designs and overall look. Even teh cg looks nicely blended. Love the detailed backgrounds and characters. REally looks nice.

-Xenos
The Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 18:29   Link #23
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Xenos
well I like Studio 4C's other stuff. Comedy, their Animatrix segements.. and did they do Noiseman Sound Insect?

Anyway, this looks amazing. Love the designs and overall look. Even teh cg looks nicely blended. Love the detailed backgrounds and characters. REally looks nice.

-Xenos
Oops, I made a mistake. Noiseman was produced by Pioneer. However, it was directed by Koji Morimoto who is a principal member of Studio 4C. (Morimoto also did the Beyond segment of the Animatrix.)
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 21:40   Link #24
Elfir

The trailer reminded me of Disgaea, Final Fantasy, Dark Cloud 2, and the Atelier series. All of which I like. So I'm very much looking forward to the first episode. But I'm worried about it being only 9 minutes. Only short episode anime I've seen are Digi Charat and Bottle Fairy, both of which I hated. I have trouble imagining a show being interesting and detailed enough with so little time.

Hope some group releases the first episode soon so I can find out.
Elfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 22:08   Link #25
LoStSouLs
LoSt

Send a message via AIM to LoStSouLs
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKNL
Can't really say what I think about it. But it looks promising in a strange way. I like the magic and dragons stuff so I will probably watch this serie.
said exactly what i was thinking

it really does look promising in a strange way the animation of the characters is very differant and in tune with the theme of the series the animation of the background was very excellent imo but it seems to me that itll have a power puff girls kinda ring to it just more interesting than power puff girls could ever be imo ^_^ so ill check it out and see if i like it or not but it looks like i very well like it
LoStSouLs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 21:48   Link #26
babbito2k
annoying white bat

I skipped all the promos this season and so jumped right into the first episode to see what's what. I liked the breakneck pacing and attitude a lot. Arusu ("Alice" is usually Arisu in Japanese) is a real handful, likable enough in her way and worth watching. The plot was simple enough to cover with the minimal storytelling. I found the visuals a bit disorienting but liked the character design. I see a lot of potential in the trio of apprentices, who most likely will be squabbling at every opportunity.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 23:21   Link #27
jhn195
Prince of the Saiyans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfir
But I'm worried about it being only 9 minutes. Only short episode anime I've seen are Digi Charat and Bottle Fairy, both of which I hated. I have trouble imagining a show being interesting and detailed enough with so little time.

Exactly what i'm thinking. Wouldn't it be better to make it 20minutes for 20episodes? Even if the graphics is out of this world, with just 9minutes it still has that "lacking" feeling.
jhn195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 01:28   Link #28
TronDD
Team the box!

Somehow I found the first episode quite enjoyable. Not much story or character development to speak of yet and the animation hasn't done anything as breath taking as seen in the promo but something about it was still attractive.

Should be a fun show, I think.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 01:38   Link #29
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
the animation seems weird ?!..is it anime ??
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 01:47   Link #30
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
the animation seems weird ?!..is it anime ??
Well its animated...and I believe in Japanese.

Judging by the promo, the show looks to be heavily computer generated. I didn't notice anything odd about the animation, though.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 02:06   Link #31
Secret Squirrel

grabbing this anyway...it looks like Anime meets Terry Pratchett from the pics I've seen, so promising so far....
Secret Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 08:03   Link #32
User15826

Can someone explain me why the Theme Song of Suikoden is used at the end of the Anime ?

Will it be the next Suikoden ? Because I'm 100% sure about the song, it is from Suikoden Games.
User15826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 08:04   Link #33
foxdie

This is by far the best anime I've seen do far. Even beats Tenjou Tenge and This Ugly and Beautiful world. Studio 4c is great. I totally loved Comedy, can't wait to have some more eps so I can watch them all at once. 10 minutes is also a nice interlude between longer animes. The witch theme is very fresh for anime at least (traditional witches I mean) and the visual style is truly out there. Very very cool.
foxdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 08:10   Link #34
Lyreleaf
Inactive Member

Mahou Shoujo-tai = Win!

I am most definitely going to be following this show....absolutely love the art style and animation. And even for an 8 minute anime, the pacing is excellent. Next ep, please!
Lyreleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 12:45   Link #35
AnimeFangirl

I didn't like episode 1, I don't plan to watch any more. The three girls were very obnoxious and the action was way too rushed, it just whizzed through at breakneck speed. Well, I say it whizzed through, but it also seemed to last for ever, cos by the 2 minute mark I couldn't WAIT for it to end. The animation was like a dark mockery of the Windwaker graphics and I didn't notice much about the music until they shamelessly pulled out the Suikoden theme (yes, I noticed it too). Btw, Secret Squirrel, thou shalt not use the name of Terry Pratchett in vain.
Old 2004-04-18, 13:49   Link #36
BigTyrone

Did anyone else have problems getting the video to work? Mine keeps crashing.
BigTyrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 14:37   Link #37
davFunereal
Village watchman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTyrone
Did anyone else have problems getting the video to work? Mine keeps crashing.
Check the Playback forum.

I'll be seeding Comedy for a few days since I liked Ep1 so much, just for those of you who missed it, the only Studio 4C short listed by AnimeSuki.
davFunereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 17:12   Link #38
Shigan
Forever a Journey

I think it was good enough. Sure, I had hoped that 4C would break their shortie tradition in this but . Anyway, it do havea little Harry Potter feeling to it and seems to be aimed at a younger audience, the animation was beyond cool thou, hurray for originality and new ideas ^^
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 21:07   Link #39
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?

You know it seems like there's either a whole lot more of these short format shows, or the fansubbers are taking more notice of them. The short format could also allow for higher production values than a longer show could afford.

From what I've seen this one does look very interesting - Tim Burton-esque for sure!
PocariSweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 04:29   Link #40
Fronzel
Schmuck

But why is it refered to as "Tweeny Witches" when neither the OP nor the filename reflect this?

Kinda unimpressed by another "transported to a magical world" thing, and Shelia's obnoxious, but I'll give it a few more tries.
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote