AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-12, 23:07   Link #1161
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm actually more curious as to why Tsuda hasn't gotten laid yet.
Because other than Mutsumi, the girls interested in him are in the student council. And they're big on enforcing school regulations, which include no illicit relations between students.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 23:11   Link #1162
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Actually I'm more interested in Uomi, given the knowing looks she keeps on giving Tsuda. The OVA and now episode 2 more than hint that she's interested in him, but as to WHY it's not clear. And I don't remember her interacting with Tsuda during her time in the OVA either (it was Shino she jived with instead).
Old 2014-01-12, 23:31   Link #1163
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustatsu View Post
but a bit more variety would be good.
What sort of variety? There's been a lot of variety with the sex jokes.
Old 2014-01-13, 01:07   Link #1164
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Because other than Mutsumi, the girls interested in him are in the student council. And they're big on enforcing school regulations, which include no illicit relations between students.
I think the problem with Aria and Shino is more that he's afraid of what they'd want to do with him...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 03:19   Link #1165
Candyshark

Well we saw Shino already unzipping Tsuda's pants so let's say she is getting more confortable from saying dirty thing to doing it. I wonder if constant innuendo jokes kills off his interest in girls.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 04:41   Link #1166
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I wish there was an ERABE! reference somewhere, relating to Tsuda having to make a choice between 2 really pervy options.
Old 2014-01-13, 08:56   Link #1167
Tiberium Wolf

Oh... I like this ED than the one in the 1st season.
Old 2014-01-14, 08:59   Link #1168
Mirrored

Oddly enough, I think this show has shown a very consistent trend of getting more romantic. The first few episodes are constant gags with extremely light amounts of breathing space. As it progresses the intervals between gags become longer. The last 5 episodes of Season 1 and both of the current season seem a bit more romance oriented.

I think there are really only two viable candidates for it, Shino and Suzu.
Spoiler for Shino Indicators:

Spoiler for Suzu Indicators:

Currently I think there's about a 85% that the show never treads too deep into territory. But it sort of seems to be heading there. And with all of these longer skits and with the love letter taking up so much time... it's getting more likely that it may have a "winner".

Of the two I think Suzu has the best shot. From the above points, what it looks like is that Shino was originally going to be the pairing, however, because of her constant gags she is not really able to have conversations with the MC and all of the masturbation talk tends to lower the ability of the audience to take her seriously. So Suzu was prepared for the role instead.

Suzu who increasingly has common ground with the MC, gets the most 1 on 1 time with him, and is in his same grade. While it is very possible for Shino to graduate and leave/disappear from the show comically, the same is not possible for Suzu, who will leave when the MC does.

The thing is that the MC could be in a relationship with Suzu and it's easy to imagine Shino and Aria still getting up to their antics and making innuendos with him, with an added ounce of relationship comedy and Suzu's mother becoming more of a comedic presence.

Regardless the gags have been great so far, I really hope that they double down on either the comedy or the romance, because the current ratio is sort of hindering both aspects.
Mirrored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 16:16   Link #1169
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ack, I had something very pertinent to say about Mirror's post but it involves the manga. Pretty sure there isn't a manga thread so I'll tread lightly.

I'll just say the anime and the manga parallel closely in the ways Mirror speculates (as much of it as the anime has already covered). Toying with and slowly moving into deeper water. My opinion has been that the author is just really uncertain about how to incorporate an actual romance without breaking the currently successful comedy structure.

Problem is, one really can't keep this sort of tension up forever. Either people begin to realize they're watching something static and wander off. Or the "climax" happens and the writers are at a loss for what to do next.

Aside, I have a running theory that so little anime covers what happens after a confession because the author's themselves have no experience with it (also the reason so few series happen in college settings or workplace settings).
Old 2014-01-14, 16:25   Link #1170
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrored View Post
Oddly enough, I think this show has shown a very consistent trend of getting more romantic. The first few episodes are constant gags with extremely light amounts of breathing space. As it progresses the intervals between gags become longer. The last 5 episodes of Season 1 and both of the current season seem a bit more romance oriented.

I think there are really only two viable candidates for it, Shino and Suzu.
Spoiler for Shino Indicators:
When did that happen? I don't remember it.

Quote:
Spoiler for Suzu Indicators:
She's always been in the same year as Tsuda.

(Though I do wonder when they have their student council elections.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 16:45   Link #1171
SkoolRumble4Ya

Why did Uomi call Tsuda a flag crusher when he's raising flags. The only one I could see Tsuda with is Shino but the way this anime is, he won't be with anybody.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 19:16   Link #1172
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
Why did Uomi call Tsuda a flag crusher when he's raising flags.
That's the thing: he's raising flags, but he never follows up on them, likely because the near-constant perversity the girls around him talk about.
Old 2014-01-14, 19:43   Link #1173
SkoolRumble4Ya

So that's what she mean. Alright he's pretty much won't be in a relationship anytime soon.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 08:35   Link #1174
II Maestro

Episode 3

Seriously Nene please turn it off when riding a plane.

Well Kotomi is playing hide & seek with Tsuda's treasure.

Shino, Aria & Kotomi wearing a swimsuit with a kiddy pool inside the campus really what are they doing.
Old 2014-01-20, 06:17   Link #1175
JokerD

Mitsuba has surprisingly large breast
Tokki filling in for the karate club captain was unexpected though...
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 08:26   Link #1176
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

N-no squid clip? My life.. is a lie.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 09:35   Link #1177
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Agreed. where's that segment?! Apparently what Suzu said in the preview intrigued me so I decided to check the previews for epi 1 and 2 and realised this episode was actually from an earlier volume so maybe that's why.

Anyway, Nene is really troublesome eh? Also Tsuda living up to his title as flag crusher by not asking Suzu to take a walk with him near the end.
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 13:15   Link #1178
HandofFate

aww Suzu, you should have chased after him.

Very nice Tsuda x Suzu scenes this season. My favorite one so far was when Suzu was sick, and the student counsel members examined her face, and her face reddened when it was Tsudas turn to look closely at her.
Old 2014-01-20, 13:20   Link #1179
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Aria looked absolutely gorgeous in her swimsuit
Not that the other girls didn't look great, mind you. Aria just really stood out.

Just like Aria and Shino themselves, I was also thrown by the absence of Tsuda and Suzu's tsukkomis. The jokes aren't as funny when there is nobody to react to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
N-no squid clip? My life.. is a lie.
Well, we got another fish segment instead
Old 2014-01-20, 13:41   Link #1180
II Maestro

This episode separated the tsukkomi group (Tsuda & Suzu) while the characters who do the dirty jokes group (Shino, Aria & Kotomi) aren't in sync cause of the separation though Kaede tried to do the Tsukkomi but its not enough.

Tags
comedy, shounen