AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-22, 12:50   Link #701
kureizero

Building Sivir is pretty straight-forward. Starting items are usually Doran's Shield/Boots+3pots/Cloth Armor+5pots depending on the lane. First back I usually get Boots if I didn't get it first and a Doran's Blade or two as I usually have trouble laning with her and it allows me to stay in lane to farm my bigger items. After that I usually get Zerks and stack Bloodthirsters and get Last Whisper when they start getting more armor. If I think I need more survivability I'll pick up a banshees to make escaping easier.
kureizero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 14:02   Link #702
Kafriel
Senior Guest

So apparently her Q got raped by a nerf that makes it tickle if it goes past minion waves, which kills most of her harassing power (unless your enemy is stupid and lets you hit him from the sides). She's got the feel of a snowball champion...if early game is good, she owns. If it's bad, she dies like a pudding...at least when I'm the one playing her.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 14:03   Link #703
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
I wish I could get a second opinion on Sivir though. I can't seem to get her build right...
Pushing as hard as you can. She can't be a scary carry, but when it come to pushing, no one can match her.
Old 2011-04-25, 00:22   Link #704
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think I'm falling in love with the Tanky Caster type of Champion.
After dozens of games as Ashe and Nunu, I've decided to try out Taric, Malphite and Sion.
They're so enjoyable to play.

Taric > Can outlive early game with blue pots and Q, and is an annoying challenge to pushers with E. End-game, the combo of E->W and several whacks is terrifying to squishies. An Eve I've played against has learned the price the hard way.

Malphite > My favorite Champion. Once took care of an inexperienced Warwick by using my ult right after he finishes his. Is also a decent pusher with W.

Sion > A bit more challenging to pull off because his W is conditional, but I don't think that is a problem in the entire game. I usually build him with Sheen, an armor item like Randuin's and possibly RoA.

I find Cho'Gath more difficult to manage due to its higher cooldowns and smaller mana pool, though.

By the way, has anyone of you tried out Jarvan IV?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 01:14   Link #705
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I have, tanky is the right way to build him. Awesome initiation, can be tricky at times though...natural powerhouse because Q shaves off armor and E boosts everyone's AS, amazing for pushing.
If you love tanky casters though, you'll definitely like Singed. He can draw fire if you've pumped his poison a bit, and has enormous HP reserves after you finish RoA. I was up against Morde and Ez, got harassed really hard and went b after a minute or so...once I was back, ghost->exhaust->lots of punching aand 2 kills for the team^^ The real addiction is his E though. Teamfight coming up? No worries, pop R and ghost, run into the enemy team, guns blazing, E whoever you can pick out, W behind you (poison always on, ofc) and then run like hell. My teammates took care of the 3 guys chasing me, then I returned to pull another one out of their turret. Last one got scared and we won very fast
Old 2011-04-25, 19:53   Link #706
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I tried Singed and fail most of the time. Not attacking for kills is tricky.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 01:21   Link #707
Kafriel
Senior Guest

He is very hard to play the normal way, because he has no range. OTOH, he is very hard to fight in brush, even more so if the enemy's got no skillshots or AoE. Basically the second they enter, you fling and pop poison with a few AAs, but most champs like the safety or their zone and will just hit once and run away, giving you some room to breathe.
Old 2011-04-26, 22:24   Link #708
kureizero

Jarvan is basically farm all day, and go to gank or kill your lane whenever your ult is up. Start forcing team fights when you become really tanky and walk all over the opposing team.

Singed is all about baiting opponents into thinking that you're much weaker or much stronger than you really are. Play passively and leave a poison trail and toss a goo and run back in for the kill when you think they are within death range. Or charge in head first when you appear to be really tanky or just really farmed to waste summoners and then come back after for a kill while you still have your summoners/ult to close gaps. Singed is also one of the best split pushers in the game especially after his ult change which allows him to get out of almost any situation with the use of only his ult and one summoner, and if they send 3 or more out to get you the rest of your team should be able to take objectives like other towers, dragon and/or baron, and you still might live the gank with that CC reduction.
Old 2011-04-27, 10:12   Link #709
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Wow so much change of some of my fav champ....
GP , wow , really , is DENY was UNIQUE ....
His ult is ridiculously hilarious...
Less dmg & gold for his Parrley but less CD & mana cost , you can spam more W but you can feel the lack of dmg.
Don't understand why they nerfed is heal lv 5 for 20hp , rly...
And his passive , it can't deny anymore. Well , it's powerful than before and easiest to use.

Fiddle , wow , i didn't try him yet but just his drain , 60% lv1 , hard jungle now...

So for Alistar , finally , they decided to change his crappy passive
Roamer will be glad for the new one.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 10:37   Link #710
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hmm, Ez gets an ult buff, great...
Fiddles actually got quite the buff, in competitive games terrify+drain is usually suicide, and dark wind harass is vital to a crowstorm finish, both of which got buffed. Not to mention his MS boost of +10!
Now, to Gangplank...I had FINALLY gotten used to his epic crit-Q=I-win-button, and now he got a dramatic remake 0_0 Parrrley damage and gold nerf is bad as shit, especially with raise morale's remake, which got RAPED both in duration and effect...Ult seems to be just another slow now, this totally kills my build. Time to learn the Newplank...and see if I'll like him.
Item changes, I don't care much since I rarely get Randuin's these days...grrrr just too preoccupied with GP atm! Did I mention he got slower?
Old 2011-04-27, 10:46   Link #711
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Fiddle , wow , i didn't try him yet but just his drain , 60% lv1 , hard jungle now...
Hard? More like it's not as easy as before. Currently he's the only one who can solo the dragon at lv 4.

I don't like GP for how unreliable he is. The only good thing that can stay competitive is tankplank, which is funny. Let's see if this remake will make him less random than before or not.
Old 2011-04-27, 10:52   Link #712
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, I really liked critplank, with some ArPen and critical, I had made a 100/100 Armor/MR with good survivability and very good AA damage, to make up for the randomness in his Q and R. Whose bios changed btw?
Old 2011-04-27, 11:40   Link #713
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Hard? More like it's not as easy as before. Currently he's the only one who can solo the dragon at lv 4.
Yeah i know , but i mean , the blue buff start will be harder.

Just tried him. He still can jungle and get the blue buff with no help ! But i think it'll depend on your build , cuz i have Quint HP health + AP and Mrpen runes and i start with Ruby. When i kill the blue , i have like 80 hp left but those 2 minions left are annoying and can kill you (was lucky , 10hp left & Drain was rdy at this moment) so it might not always work .

Anyway , GP is full critic champ or you can build Hybrid support Critic/Tank. Full AP maybe , for heal & ulti
Old 2011-04-27, 11:56   Link #714
Kafriel
Senior Guest

GP sucks a lot more now, at least for me. The good: Raise Morale has a quite large range so you can trigger it for easier ganks or pushes...The bad: 1)It doesn't deny anymore. 2) Parrrley is weaker and will drain inexperienced GPs of their mana quickly due to lower CD. 3) Cannon barrage range is RIDICULOUSLY lower, the slow is a joke if you can flash out.
Old 2011-04-27, 13:34   Link #715
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah , he really suxx now , i still can't believe it... We can say , another good champ killed by riot.. (hi Tw...)
Fortunately , Irelia is free week ! Love her !
Old 2011-04-28, 00:55   Link #716
Xacual

I was just messing around in a Coop vs AI game with a AP Sion build. Wow I didn't think he could do that much burst.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 13:10   Link #717
kureizero

Im very disappointed in the remade Alistar. Headbutt into a Pulverize was my favorite harass combo and flashless initiate and it's bugged or not working (might be caused by new Passive having a cast animation).
Old 2011-04-28, 13:35   Link #718
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kureizero View Post
Im very disappointed in the remade Alistar. Headbutt into a Pulverize was my favorite harass combo and flashless initiate and it's bugged or not working (might be caused by new Passive having a cast animation).
Yep, Alistar can't headbutt/pulverize combo anymore, Riot said they were gonna hotfix this so Alistar can do it again, and so Alistar doesn't self-stun when he headbutts

Gangplank is definitively weaker now, the only good thing he has is that his new Boost Morale is AoE and his ultimate is a definitive slow, albeit weaker. He needs a few buffs to some of his numbers

If you jungled with Xin before, then you should know that his jungle is faster/safer now with his increased base dmg and better battle cry

Not much to say about fiddle, his jungle does seem more hazardous IMO
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 14:11   Link #719
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Gang's slow in R is entirely useless, because it covers an area small enough for people to dash out (Corki's valkyrie, Gragas' body slam, etc.) or just flash out. That, and its utility is dead, because its best use was right after actually engaging in battle, so as to throw the enemy team off course with a huge AoE potentially hazardous cannon shower. Now it's like effin' make it rain.
Opinions on Rumble btw? From what I saw he's not very user-friendly...
Old 2011-04-28, 17:02   Link #720
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Rumble is a melee mage with low ratio 0,5 but short cd. You can spam W but be aware for his overheating. I play him offtank AP , Rylai , Abyssal , Sunfire....
He harrass very well with his W + Q combo. I was mid , the opponent(Veigar) needed 5 switch (Morde,Akali) until TF actions at mid.
You can easily FB in duo lane. Spam your W till danger zone & start the fight , his W is so dangerous , better than Corki Gatling gun.
His E is good for chasing enemies or running away with Q.
His ulti is good for harrassing & in TF.

Fun champ. He's tolerable.

Tags
league of legends, lol