AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-12-18, 15:29   Link #41
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I think Neji's death was well done. I didn't like when characters took a long time to die like Jiraiya and Asuma. While they had good flashbacks, it made them suffer unnecessarily.

By the way, I would like if Obito betrays Madara at the last minute to become the host of the TenTailed Beast. If he does that he would become Naruto's perfect foil since Naruto symbolically has the power of all the beasts.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 15:31   Link #42
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I just love Madara’s (or is it Tobito’s?) snarky remark that he would’ve killed the Hyuugas before they could finish their motivational-speech to Naruto if only he could control the Juubi better. Such a troll-boss he is.

IMO, Neji should’ve been dead after he fought Kidomaru(?) from Sound Four. That would be a lot more epic death than what we have here. With that, he can be the Heath Ledger or James Dean of Naruto-verse (talented individuals who kicked the bucket too early). Compared to that, his death in this chap feels redundant.

And what do you know, there’s actually a reason for Madara not to one-shot-kill the alliance right there and then. That’s right Kishi, keep the explanation coming. You still owe me an explanation of why Tobito declared a war when he doesn’t even need Gyuki & Kurama to revive Juubi and execute Moon’s Eye plan to begin with. At this point, it looks like Tobito made it hard for himself just for the sake of giving our heroes a chance .
Old 2012-12-18, 15:33   Link #43
Casshern

Lol I thought Kishi had said he would never kill any of the konoha 12, no?
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 15:48   Link #44
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Lol I thought Kishi had said he would never kill any of the konoha 12, no?
Where did you get that? If it was published by a fansite or a scanlation site without proofs there is big chance it was a fake. The only place where we can get official interviews are guidebooks, Shueisha's magazines, Viz Media's magazines, etc.
Old 2012-12-18, 15:50   Link #45
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Why would the NH fans be glad ?

Neji belittled her feelings by showing they were no different from his or Gaara's. (who told him the same thing in a non-lethal situation)

If anything, Hinata lost credit here, since what was making her special was her will to put herself in danger for Naruto and Naruto is realizing the hard way there are others like her. (and that love and "will to put oneself in danger to protect him" are two distinct things unless he is starting to thing everyone is gay for him)
If you read opinions across different forums, I can tell you right now, that's not how a lot of fans are interpreting things. Honestly, I don't personally feel like getting into a serious debate about this. But to various people, Neji didn't "belittle" Hinata's feelings one bit. On the contrary, some fans are interpreting some of his final words ("Hinata-sama is willing to die for you...so keep in mind...that your life...is not...your own...anymore...it also...includes mine now as well..) to be tantamount to him basically giving his stamp of approval towards the pairing. I guess it's because he didn't bother to include everyone else into that statement. So while you might feel that's exactly what his actions and words implied, I guess plenty of others just aren't seeing it that way. There's also other more subtle things to point out that shippers like myself would notice, but since I don't intend on discussing this topic too much further in this thread, I'll refrain from elaborating.

So yeah, agree to disagree.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 15:51   Link #46
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Where did you get that? If it was published by a fansite or a scanlation site without proofs there is big chance it was a fake. The only place where we can get official interviews are guidebooks, Shueisha's magazines, Viz Media's magazines, etc.
I don't remember. Maybe from some interview posted on naruto wikia. No idea tbh
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 16:05   Link #47
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Wikias have a thing for not referencing most of their real world information. I wouldn't trust them too much.
Old 2012-12-18, 16:10   Link #48
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
And what do you know, there’s actually a reason for Madara not to one-shot-kill the alliance right there and then. That’s right Kishi, keep the explanation coming. You still owe me an explanation of why Tobito declared a war when he doesn’t even need Gyuki & Kurama to revive Juubi and execute Moon’s Eye plan to begin with. At this point, it looks like Tobito made it hard for himself just for the sake of giving our heroes a chance .
If the Nine tails and Eight tails got sealed in, the Ten tails would probably be invincible.... yeah I was wondering why... it's probably to make with what they have.... Because the nine tails and eight tails weren't captured... the Ten tails is like 80% of its power I guess (80% to mean super strong XD)
Old 2012-12-18, 16:56   Link #49
janipani

Neji! you retard! No reason to save incompetent Hinata when war needs you much more and that would have awaken Naruto again... well, doesn't really matter.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 17:07   Link #50
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Wow, didn't see that one coming.

Also, gee. People are revived from the dead by a villain once and people expect things to turn out exactly the same way every single time.

For now, Obito is still far away from turning to the light side you know?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 17:07   Link #51
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Neji! you retard! No reason to save incompetent Hinata when war needs you much more and that would have awaken Naruto again... well, doesn't really matter.
Let's not be harsh, Hinata has proven herself enough already and is worthy of respect and her strength, Neji has also proven hes a great character as well, but I have to admit that this was unexpected.
Old 2012-12-18, 17:18   Link #52
Crimson Reaper

The fact that Neji has died for me personally just adds fuel to some kind of bull mass revival ala Nagato. Not so much by Obito (WHo finally stopped acting like Madara's errand monkey) but maybe even naruto if (/when) he gains powers to become the new Sage of Six Paths. He is already been portrayed as the next Messiah after all.

Incoming nightmare plot theory. Tsunade dies healing the other Kage and her last words are that she wants Naruto to succeed her right away, Naruto finds out and is the new acting Sixth Hokage. With his new God powers he revives EVERYONE who died...he even throws in Haku and Zabuza for shits and giggles. He dies in the process (He never promised not to die AFTER he became Hokage afterall) and takes the Bijuu with him so they can never be used for evil ever again. A new age starts with everyone living up to naruto's teachings with Head Priest Sasuke leading the way. His birth and death dates are holy days and everyone wears orange and end their prayers with 'Dattebayo'. Hinata spends the rest of her days as a nun. The end.

.....God I hope Kishimoto doesn't even think about even 1/8 of what I wrote. XD Still a pretty emotional chapter. RIP Neji.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 17:35   Link #53
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm not saying it's impossible for people to be revived. However if (and I say if) people get revived, I doubt it'll be through a recycle of a plot we've already seen. Obito right now just doesn't seem the type for a "clean 180".
Old 2012-12-18, 17:51   Link #54
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I'm not saying it's impossible for people to be revived. However if (and I say if) people get revived, I doubt it'll be through a recycle of a plot we've already seen. Obito right now just doesn't seem the type for a "clean 180".
There has never been a guy whose 180° turn was as obvious as Tobi in this manga.

And with this chapter, we know there will be Rinne Tensei, so the question is :

Will Obito sacrifice himself for Madara or for Naruto / Kakashi knowing he will be broken out of his kiddy delusions by them when we learn about Rin.
You have your answer.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 17:54   Link #55
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Sorry, nope, not seeing it.

And don't you dare call me blind or dumb or whatever.

He hasn't even started losing yet. Nor has he been proven wrong in anything yet either.

Both of these things need to happen first, and nothing is pointing to it happening within the next two chapters.

Nope, haven't seen any of your "obvious" signs.
Old 2012-12-18, 17:59   Link #56
james0246

Decent chapter. Some good info from Tobi and Madara (explaining why Madara doesn't just wtfpwn everyone with some meteors), some truly impressive techniques (from Mokuton coming from the Jyuubi, to weird face rock dudes majorly impressive mountainous ninjutsu, this chapter had some amazing techniques), and a solid and convincing death. Hopefully, this will be Kishimoto making up for the Should-have-died characters from the Rescue Sasuke Arc: Your next Chouji, and watch out Kiba...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 18:01   Link #57
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
This manga is a disgrace ... Kishi should learn the concept of suspension of disbelief. Since Neji can't be dead, no one is dead ... But then, he isn't even pretending Neji'll stay dead since he thought Neji's "death" was the time to remind everyone the guy who is going to get TNJed can resurrect everyone.
Guess the only value of those chapters is to fill time until Sasuke gets there to interrogate Madara so that we can understand everything because nothing consequential is going to happen until then ...
If Kishi had killed Sakura or Shikamaru, I'd agree. Then we would know he is 100% going to take a giant dump on the manga again by reviving everyone. But so far no one of consequence has died. No one where you need to bring them back. Hell, Neji dying was the best thing to happen to him. He finally got some spotlight and bumped Kiba as the patron saint of NaruHina.

Again, if Kishi touches another K11 member not named Shino or Tenten, then they are all probably coming back. But Neji, Inochi, and Shikaku were disposable characters. A Gaara or Kakashi level character hasn't died yet.

Quote:
And what the fuck was Shikaku's strategy ? Using Ino and Shikamaru to cheer on the Hyuuga ?
The strategy hasn't really begun yet. The Hyuuga were suppose to protect Naruto until he regained chakra. Which they did. Well kind of since Madara could of killed them at any time. But I am sure Shikaku foresaw that.

At this point, it looks pretty clear that Shikaku's plan is some super Ino-Shika-Cho formation powered by Nartuo/Kyuubi. And now that four(and Mabui) name characters have died for the plan, it will likely succeed.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 18:32   Link #58
christinemarie
Crazy One

From the twelve only Sasuke, Naruto, Shikamaru, Ino, Chouji, and Sakura would survive the war.
A final confrontation between Sasuke, Orochimaru, and Naruto vs Madara and Tobi would be the greatest battle would happen.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 18:33   Link #59
Alchemist007
*Author

So Neji's ultimate sacrifice as a NH shipper...salute! T_T7
Old 2012-12-18, 18:39   Link #60
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Also, gee. People are revived from the dead by a villain once and people expect things to turn out exactly the same way every single time.
there were also the times of:

sasuke 'dying' vs haku
chouji and neji 'dying' vs the sound 5
gaara 'dying' at the akatsuki hideout
and some others that are less glaring like deidara and kisame, etc...

also he technically brought back any of the ET that kabuto has used, even though they aren't technically alive, they still had life in the manga after death like asuma, chiyo, itachi, etc...

so it wasn't the one pain invasion arc instance of reviving the supposedly dead in the manga at all. i know you said 'by a villain' which isnt always the case in my examples, but those are why it is predictable now. they're why people have grown accustomed to it. death rarely means kishi is done with a chracter with the rare example of jiraiya and possibly a couple others

i dont think it will happen this time though. i certainly dont want it to. but i'm in the camp that won't predict it until a character is killed like sakura or someone who you know kishi won't keep dead
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote