2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-10, 10:51   Link #21
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
Of course, I don't think the animation staff/director knew how much would be changed for the published volume, considering the point I mentioned above.
This, that's why I mentioned that the episode production would have been started months ago.
Old 2015-01-10, 10:55   Link #22
Sacredus

@ramlaen, by your logic 2nd ep of SAO could not be animated because 1st volume of Progressive hab been published months/ears after series started.
Old 2015-01-10, 10:56   Link #23
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
Are we expecting them to adapt volume 10 this season as well now?
They HAVE to. They have no material otherwise.
They can't possibly stretch out volume 8 for the entire rest of the show, it would be insanely boring.
I expect Mamare to start putting the volume 10 stuff on Narou around the same time as anime covers the material.
He already has the plot of 10, and I assume he has communicated it with the staff already. (many authors do this. Toradora, Fullmetal Alchemist, Midori no hibi, etc)

Or, they have one other option, which is "anime original ending".
That would kill the franchise, frankly.

Quote:
You know very well I meant ink and paper when I said published.
Yeah, and if you mean published on paper, then this episode couldn't have happened.
And the show will end in four more episodes.

How realistic is that?

Quote:
Since you have read the web version and the updated version, were any of the parts shown in today's episode from parts that were changed.
Not much at all.
There was a nice prologue added, with KR and his dragon.
All the minor infodump they added in the new version actually didn't even make it into the anime, except for turning Leonardo into a frog. And that happened way back when this season started (Leo was already a frog instead of turtle in first episode of season 2)
Old 2015-01-10, 11:06   Link #24
Alhazred

This is not that hard to understand folks. They needed an excuse to reintroduce certain concepts such as the distinction that some characters will make between PCs and NPCs, the Novasphere Pioneers expansion, Progenitors and Overskills - a partial refresher episode to start the new anime season - as well as tease us with a few new things like very simple AIs becoming more 'human' (Copellia) and Genius monsters. They chose the Kanami story to do this, probably because it involves characters that they don't necessarily need to focus on for a long period of time. Folks who haven't read the novels aren't invested in Kanami et. al. and will want to get back to Shiroe and Co. as fast as possible (or at least that's probably how the network sees it).
Old 2015-01-10, 11:15   Link #25
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
While I enjoy Kanami and her ragtag crew, something tells me that this episode didn't make an explanation regarding Parallel One.

One example would be Enheart Nelreth who got Parallel One status because of his sword Byakumaru. However, it doesn't explain why two monsters became Parallel One, nor a lander they encountered earlier.
Old 2015-01-10, 11:20   Link #26
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
They HAVE to. They have no material otherwise.
They can't possibly stretch out volume 8 for the entire rest of the show, it would be insanely boring.
I expect Mamare to start putting the volume 10 stuff on Narou around the same time as anime covers the material.
He already has the plot of 10, and I assume he has communicated it with the staff already. (many authors do this. Toradora, Fullmetal Alchemist, Midori no hibi, etc)

Or, they have one other option, which is "anime original ending".
That would kill the franchise, frankly.
I think you might be on to something there with adapting volume 10.

It might also suggest that volume 9 was only adapted to introduce genius to the audience before Route 43.
Old 2015-01-10, 11:33   Link #27
pampz21
ShipCore

Why....what the RUSH?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2015-01-10, 11:34   Link #28
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
It might also suggest that volume 9 was only adapted to introduce genius to the audience before Route 43.
That very well may be true.
Still though, since Go East was officially included as a volume in the main storyline, having it butchered is still a huge disappointment.
Old 2015-01-10, 11:52   Link #29
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
That very well may be true.
Still though, since Go East was officially included as a volume in the main storyline, having it butchered is still a huge disappointment.
Yeah I cannot say I am happy it turned out this way, just that I can see why it did.
Old 2015-01-10, 11:55   Link #30
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

It's a very interesting fact that Coppellia is a bot.

That makes the theory that the "people of the land" have acquired sentience rather than having always been like that a lot more probable.
I guess they probably acquired fake memories after the apocalypse so to think that they have always been real beings and not just NPC repeating the same lines.

Old 2015-01-10, 12:01   Link #31
hamazura
whatever

OKAY IM CONFUSED

iirc kanami wasnt logged into the game... so basically she log in after apocalypse just to trap herself in? okay im lost.
and what is that extension pack just for japan server? level cap? the description in equipment? why only japan?
how did KR travel to china when the warp gate between servers is supposed to be closed?
why kanami is like rip off luffy + tiffa boobs and fist? why nureha so sexy?
okay pls answer.
Old 2015-01-10, 12:07   Link #32
DQueenie13

Kanami had a new account after she left the game (I thought that was mentioned by KR to Kazuhiko?).

The expansion part was explained in one of the published novels, I thought, although perhaps only in volume 9, but the expansion is not released everywhere at once. It starts in Japan and makes its way westward; however, the Catastrophe affected everyone at the same time.

KR traveled by using his horse/Bai Ze. He used Soul Possession to cross the server, but then used another Summoner spell to teleport to where his horse was.
Old 2015-01-10, 12:10   Link #33
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

why do they have to butcher Kanami's volume....I can't believe Mamare-sensei agree for the anime staff to butcher a volume like this ><
Old 2015-01-10, 12:10   Link #34
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Kanami had a new account after she left the game (I thought that was mentioned by KR to Kazuhiko?).

The expansion part was explained in one of the published novels, I thought, although perhaps only in volume 9, but the expansion is not released everywhere at once. It starts in Japan and makes its way westward; however, the Catastrophe affected everyone at the same time.

KR traveled by using his horse.
so basically everyone in japan will be stronger than everyone in other servers because increased level cap to 100?
yea with his horse but how did KR horse go to china server? ... why didnt he use his dragon....

this kanami stuff still confusing, so did she log in after apocalypse or not? kanami is using another account so nobody know her?

and why that level100 knight there while the other knights disappear?
Old 2015-01-10, 12:17   Link #35
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
so basically everyone in japan will be stronger than everyone in other servers because increased level cap to 100?
yea with his horse but how did KR horse go to china server? ... why didnt he use his dragon....

this kanami stuff still confusing, so did she log in after apocalypse or not? kanami is using another account so nobody know her?

and why that level100 knight there while the other knights disappear?
I realized what you were talking about with KR after I submitted the post, so I edit it but you already read it by then To rehash, Summoner skill that allows him to take the place of his summon.

She logged into Elder Tale before the Catastrophe, but was still affected by it. Since she has a new account, she wasn't friends with any of her old friends/they weren't on her friend list.

Spoiler for Knight guy:
Old 2015-01-10, 12:20   Link #36
hamazura
whatever

kay, got it.
and so our plot now is nureha and glasses bitch (+KR and that other 1) guild vs akihabara to rule japan server?
okay KR is cool and he likes TMNT so i hope shiroe get rekt

ah and who is KR seiyuu? his voice is awfully familiar for me
*ah found it , its shinichiro miki, he is seiyuu of main antagonist in game tales of hearts that i just completed yesterday, thats why its so damn familiar.

Last edited by hamazura; 2015-01-10 at 12:31.
Old 2015-01-10, 12:39   Link #37
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
KR traveled by using his horse/Bai Ze. He used Soul Possession to cross the server, but then used another Summoner spell to teleport to where his horse was.
This actually leaves me very very baffled and skeptical.

Did he possess a beast that was already on the Chinese server? If that's so then basically summoners are extremely advantaged in this world. They could work as information relays and share information among any servers in the world.
If you add to that the ability to switch places with the summoned creature then they basically have the ability to travel wherever they want. Even assuming a cooldown of one day that's still a great advantage compared to several weeks of travel that anyone else would need.

That's a completely different situation from what I originally pictured, I thought the various cities were a lot more isolated.

Old 2015-01-10, 13:07   Link #38
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
This actually leaves me very very baffled and skeptical.

Did he possess a beast that was already on the Chinese server? If that's so then basically summoners are extremely advantaged in this world. They could work as information relays and share information among any servers in the world.
If you add to that the ability to switch places with the summoned creature then they basically have the ability to travel wherever they want. Even assuming a cooldown of one day that's still a great advantage compared to several weeks of travel that anyone else would need.

That's a completely different situation from what I originally pictured, I thought the various cities were a lot more isolated.
Spoiler for KR and what summoners are capable of:

Signature by liro
Old 2015-01-10, 13:30   Link #39
Spica

Is there a chance they will retell this story(v9) after v8?
Old 2015-01-10, 13:32   Link #40
HandofFate

A bunch of new characters.
So the maid is a player account, but she's a farming bot.
And she became self-aware.

Wonder what happened to the people that were just afk..