AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Romance is in the air. Multiple selection available!
Layfon x Felli 148 58.96%
Layfon x Nina 84 33.47%
Layfon x Leerin 103 41.04%
Layfon x Gorneo aka --LayGor-- 12 4.78%
Layfon x Mei 43 17.13%
Layfon x Naruki 33 13.15%
Savaris x Layfon x Dixerio 12 4.78%
Dein Dee x Dalshena 7 2.79%
Dein Dee x Nina 2 0.80%
Harley x Nina 11 4.38%
Layfon x Kallian 5 1.99%
Felli x Shante 15 5.98%
Layfon x Other 11 4.38%
Other x Other 20 7.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-15, 02:43   Link #721
Saasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
And Saasha now using the kiss scene as her avatar =)
Hey, the kiss & Leerin's first appearance left a strong impression on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
It's truly hilarious when this becomes serious business, especially in a shounen action series.

It's quite common for Romance to thrive as a subplot in a Shounen series, so I don't find it so surprising when shipping gets a lil heated, even if it is a shounen series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Actually I see it the opposite of you. I think Nina and Leerin are the only ones in real contention. They both have much more influence on Layfon than Felli who it is he who influences her to change but she has very little influence on him or his growth. Both of their growth and stories are also much more central to the theme of the show. Also her feelings are much more direct, than Nina's at least, but so far she has been unable to make it past friends. Felli is fanboy bait and little else. Just because Felli fans are the loudest dog in the yard doesn't really scare me. I put her chances on the same level of Mei's. I give Naruki a much better chance than either as being the spoiler. Though I'd see that hard to pull off I think it's much more likely than Felli and Mei in many ways.
As much as I love Feli, I have to agree with you all the way to the end of your post. Initially, I thought it'd be b/w Feli & Leerin because of Dixero's sparse interaction with Nina in ep 3, but since he went mia, I stand corrected. I'm okay with any of them actually, though not so much Mei. Amazingly, I love all the main female casts in this anime. So, Take your Pick Layfon XD They're all Good Women.
Old 2009-04-15, 04:05   Link #722
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Oh shi-! I've forgot about Dixerio o.O; is that the guy who came and tried to save Zuellni ?
Hm. .who is he ? Can someone explain ? ^^;

Old 2009-04-15, 04:23   Link #723
magnuskn

I donīt really see Nina as a serious contender. As far as I can see she has some attraction towards Layfon, but it is *very* low... her shtick is becoming stronger to defend Zuellni. Thatīs where I see her character going, it is a bit late in the series for her to enter the "contest".

Weīll see... it is obviously pretty possible that Leerin is Layfons "fated" one ( something I hate about a lot of animes ), but I am rooting for Felli nonetheless.
Old 2009-04-15, 07:19   Link #724
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Well...I think somewhat the opposite. Felli had close close to Zero "romantical" development(more like relationship development) with Layfon since ep 2(Well...maybe at ep 9 a little bit). While Nina got one in ep 2(same part-time job), ep 3(her backstory and collapse), ep 7(her collapse again and saving Layfon), ep 9(conflicting with Layfon), ep 10(conclusion of the conflict...HC Tsunderenes!). I have to say she had the most in-show development with Layfon. Currently Nina influencing Layfon the most after Leerin(Obviously).And Nina not even serius about Layfon.
I think if that development keeps up(I haven't seen the LN-s) then i guess we've got a formiable opponent for Leerin. If i have to put the girl's chances currently(ep 14) with Layfon:
Leerin:60%
Nina:20%
Felli:10%
Meishen:3%
Naruki:1%
Sheep:1%
Old 2009-04-15, 07:40   Link #725
TrueKnight

Define ‘romantical development’. The girls having romantical interest in Layfon, the opposite, or mutual?

For romantic interests from the girl’s side, Leerin, Mei and Felli have clearly fallen for him already. Nina is getting there but still doesn’t realize her feelings fully.

From Layfon’s side of the picture he hasn’t clearly shown any romantic feeling towards any of them…….

For mutual, maybe Leerin, but so far we don’t know how Layfon reacted so again, moot.

Its up for the girls to spam their charms on him.
Old 2009-04-15, 08:05   Link #726
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Gee, I couldn't help but laugh smile when I see serious bznss shipping happened her, complete with (a bit) tl;dr analytical research. ^_^

Face it: Unless Layfon turned into a troubled casanova that needs a girl to bawl out his troubled emotions, little to moot chance he is going to end up with someone. It's not like Romance is the main focus of the series anyway, LN or anime. So no pairing resolution is quite possible. Not that I would mind any of the girl to win though. Still, as a person who loves Layfon and homicidal foe yay slash BL, as well as long silver hair and kickass coolness indefinitely, I wish he would be left of one-sided analytical tl;drs.

It's not like, "hey, Nina has the most development with Layfon, so he must end up with her!!!" or "Felli is awesomely dominant and Layfon is soooooo understanding to be submissive--It's LOVE" or "Leerin kissed him!! They would become canon, no one has ever reach that level, however one-sidedly, with Layfon!!1!". Layfon is Layfon, and he would have to keep his harem a harem because he is not indicating he is going to have a lover sooner or later... Keeping his Nakama/People he cared about safe >>>>>>> Love interest. Blame his childhood

And I'm happy enough that my Freesie has already been loved by Layfon in Missing Mail (Omake). Out of all possible LI for Layfon boys included Freesie actually have been having mutual moment (?) with Layfon in one panel. Speaks volume, no?

Old 2009-04-15, 08:13   Link #727
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

I defined the "romantical development" term i used: relationship development. Small moments when they can get closer or even farther from each other by getting know the other more. We've got close to zero from Felli for a long time(but i am a bit curious what kind of development she could have other than some "special" scene with Layfon). That's why i doubt she'll have reasonable chance to win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Gee, I couldn't help but laugh smile when I see serious bznss shipping happened her, complete with (a bit) tl;dr analytical research. ^_^

Face it: Unless Layfon turned into a troubled casanova that needs a girl to bawl out his troubled emotions, little to moot chance he is going to end up with someone. It's not like Romance is the main focus of the series anyway, LN or anime. So no pairing resolution is quite possible. Not that I would mind any of the girl to win though. Still, as a person who loves Layfon and homicidal foe yay slash BL, as well as long silver hair and kickass coolness indefinitely, I wish he would be left of one-sided analytical tl;drs.

It's not like, "hey, Nina has the most development with Layfon, so he must end up with her!!!" or "Felli is awesomely dominant and Layfon is soooooo understanding to be submissive--It's LOVE" or "Leerin kissed him!! They would become canon, no one has ever reach that level, however one-sidedly, with Layfon!!1!". Layfon is Layfon, and he would have to keep his harem a harem because he is not indicating he is going to have a lover sooner or later... Nakama/People he cared about >>>>> Love interest. Blame his childhood

And I'm happy enough that my Freesie has already been loved by Layfon in Missing Mail (Omake). Out of all possible LI for Layfon boys included Freesie actually have been having mutual moment (?) with Layfon in one panel. Speaks volume, no?
Well...I know full well that there's no way that Layfon ends up with somone in the anime(or at least in that season). I think almost everyone discuss about the "far future"(so the LN and the possible future seasons of the anime).
It's quite fun to analyse characters from movies/books/animes and a romance discussion with an "indecisive"(or even uncaring) main hero mostly means character discussion and minute-detailed scene analysation.
Old 2009-04-15, 08:24   Link #728
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
I defined the "romantical development" term i used: relationship development. Small moments when they can get closer or even farther from each other by getting know the other more. We've got close to zero from Felli for a long time(but i am a bit curious what kind of development she could have other than some "special" scene with Layfon). That's why i doubt she'll have reasonable chance to win.
And how many series that only used this so-called "special" scenes to define or hint their final pairing, especially in shounen/josei series that is quite free in their romance division? Quite a lot. And don't try to exclude how Felli has been the one who have been more understanding of Layfon's situation out of all the girls excluding Leerin due to their similar position.

Even Nina's so-called moments and "romantical" development can be defined as partners understanding, in my own view. It's not as if all this relationship development would always lead to romance. It's how we portray these scenes and a lot of interest in characters can affect our opinion about certain scenes.

I also do know how detailed analysis is really fun, but it should be noted that if it goes haywire, shipping wars could happen. And I find it quite lolz to happen here, in a series that harem is definitely more lovely than one-pairing defined

Old 2009-04-15, 08:26   Link #729
TrueKnight

These are the events where Felli develops her feelings romantically to Layfon and have their ‘moments’:

- Ep 3, the train scene;
- Ep 4, most of the scene;
- Ep 6, letter, kitchen and some;
- Ep 8, the ‘hold me gently’ scene;
- Ep 9, the last part of the ep, so obvious;
- Ep 10, the shoulder thingy;
- Ep 11, again the swimming lesson;
- Ep 12, kicking the lamplight;
- Ep 13, ‘he’s hiding secret from me’.

These are Mei’s:

- Ep 1, rescue scene;
- Ep 2, ‘I made him lunch’;
- Ep 3, ‘I want to give him my lunch’ but there;s Felli;
- Ep 5, date scene;
- Ep 6, the letter,
- Ep 11, the swimming lesson.

While Leerin’s…… kissing scene and childhood friend, but her love for him is strong.

Each of the girls have somewhat equal amount of development to Layfon. What about Nina?
Old 2009-04-15, 08:29   Link #730
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Well Nina admires his strength and became very possessive of it and really wants Layfon too not hesitate too use it when he is being challenged.
Old 2009-04-15, 08:51   Link #731
SageGaiGar
You are Next

This series is going to tease us *forever* on pairings.

I kind of enjoy how the shipping wars haven't completely hit our base yet. It's close though.

... ah well. Business

It's always Serious.
Old 2009-04-15, 09:31   Link #732
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Quote:
And how many series that only used this so-called "special" scenes to define or hint their final pairing, especially in shounen/josei series that is quite free in their romance division? Quite a lot. And don't try to exclude how Felli has been the one who have been more understanding of Layfon's situation out of all the girls excluding Leerin due to their similar position.

Even Nina's so-called moments and "romantical" development can be defined as partners understanding, in my own view. It's not as if all this relationship development would always lead to romance. It's how we portray these scenes and a lot of interest in characters can affect our opinion about certain scenes.

I also do know how detailed analysis is really fun, but it should be noted that if it goes haywire, shipping wars could happen. And I find it quite lolz to happen here, in a series that harem is definitely more lovely than one-pairing defined
I know it very well...and the whole "harem-life" for Layfon will become even more "fun"(for us viewers...not for layfon) when Leerin arrives and things heatens up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
These are the events where Felli develops her feelings romantically to Layfon and have their ‘moments’:

- Ep 3, the train scene;
- Ep 4, most of the scene;
- Ep 6, letter, kitchen and some;
- Ep 8, the ‘hold me gently’ scene;
- Ep 9, the last part of the ep, so obvious;
- Ep 10, the shoulder thingy;
- Ep 11, again the swimming lesson;
- Ep 12, kicking the lamplight;
- Ep 13, ‘he’s hiding secret from me’.

These are Mei’s:

- Ep 1, rescue scene;
- Ep 2, ‘I made him lunch’;
- Ep 3, ‘I want to give him my lunch’ but there;s Felli;
- Ep 5, date scene;
- Ep 6, the letter,
- Ep 11, the swimming lesson.

While Leerin’s…… kissing scene and childhood friend, but her love for him is strong.

Each of the girls have somewhat equal amount of development to Layfon. What about Nina?
Your list contains mostly the enjoyable scenes with Layfon and one of the girls, not developments(how can Layfon understand Felli more when she kicks him on the shin?)
My List with Felli:
-ep 1: meeting(he discovers that she's in a similar situation)
-ep 2: almost a kiss in sleep.
-ep4:Maid Scene(revelation, why Felli has hard time showing her emotions)
-ep6: The letter(Rival from Grendan?)
-Ep7: Felli shocked by layfon's resolve.
-ep 9: Layfon Carrying her(and they're talking about almost exactly the same thing as with Nina).Felli and layfon's conversation in the end(she almost questioned him about Leerin)
-ep11: Swimming lessons. Karian's assault. But it's a filler.
-ep(i don't know when): Felli learns about Layfon's indentity and past
(Perhaps she could gather information about Layfon with her Nen-i powers but it's not included in the scenes and it's probable that she uses that rarely)
With Meishen:
-Ep1:Layfon Saves her(not exactly a development, but the begining of Meishen's affection)
-Ep3: Meishen and friends met Layfon again.(introduction at last)
-Ep5: "Date"
-Ep6:The letter.(He has a girlfriend?)
-Ep11:Swimming lessons. Perhaps it's a filler.
Just for comrpassion i include the other girls' "development scenes" with Layfon.
With Narki:
-Ep3:meeting.
-Ep6: When she asks for help.
-Ep7: training with Layfon and stalking Nina
-Ep 12: again asking for help from Layfon.
(I'm leaving out ep 13 because here not even Narki learns something from Layfon not to mention the opposite)
With Leerin:
-Ep1: kiss scene(somewhat one-sided, but maybe Layfon understood it's meaning)
-Ep3.6,8: the Letter.(They're keepiing touch with each other)
-Ep9: life in the orphanage with Layfon.Layfon's fall.
(That's all...but they're somewhat powerfull and we know well that there's many "out-screen" development)
With Nina(because I only listed the more important ones):
-Ep1:introduction/recuitment(his impression: She's a bossy fight-o-maniac)
-Ep2 practice duel. Part-time job(Layfon and Nina officialy became friends here)
-Ep3:conversation at work. Nina's collapse(Layfon learns something about Nina's past)
-Ep5:Layfon's return from FM hunting.
-Ep6:The Letter(So he keeps in touch with someone)
-Ep7:Nina's tailing, collapse No. 2. Conversation at the bed(Nina expresses her opinion about him). Nina helping Layfon.
-Ep8:Layfon and Nina's conversation at work and on the bike. Layfon saves Nina(and she curious about Layfon's version of winning and losing)
-Ep9: Nina learns about Layfon's past. Confrontation.
-Ep 10: Nina somewhat gets over the problem thanks to Felli and Sharnid. Funny reconcilation.
-Ep13: Layfon's tailing No 2. The 17th Platoon's talk with the SCP.

I included the one sided relationship developments too. That's why it become a quite long list.
It starts to become zealous with that scene listings...so i try to stop myself next time.

Last edited by willyvereb; 2009-04-15 at 16:01.
Old 2009-04-15, 14:07   Link #733
Voitan

"Zero" development from Felli? O_o

Suuuuure...
Old 2009-04-15, 14:45   Link #734
Slick_rick

Quote:

I don't mind shipping as long as they attack the relationship on facts and analyze of scenes in the show. I don't like when characters themselves are attacked and made into the anti-christ to try to push your pairing though(yes, i'm looking you MF forum). I don't hate or dislike Felli but her developments are not tailored towards an eventual relationship with Layfon most likely the best she can hope for is an ambiguous harem ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post
"Zero" development from Felli? O_o

Suuuuure...
We're talking about development which influence Layfon. She has very little influence on him and instead his major developments are almost always with Nina. If the author was trying to give Felli a solid basis for an eventual relationship would he not include her in such scenes? Felli in many ways in similar to Mei. Mei is the shy one while Felli is the more active one but neither have much a role in Layfon development beyond friendship, being MOE and adding some comedy for the fans. Their characters are afterthoughts to the story. The story is much more centered around Nina and Layfon that either of them. Leerin is a wild card because we know she have a significant role in the story later on but we don't know exactly what will be her developments with Layfon.

You should understand what a conversion is about before you say something that adds nothing and only shows your lack of understanding.
Old 2009-04-15, 18:09   Link #735
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Serious business levels are rising significantly. Logic in a romance thread for a shonen action? gtfo.

They are going to screw with us *constantly* in these matters. Thus attempts at analysis will fail hard.

Keep it simple stupid is the golden rule.

I rather like us being as light hearted as possible and not going into war like in Toradora or Macross Frontier. Or.. I dunno Naruto or Bleach. >_> <_<
Old 2009-04-16, 03:25   Link #736
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
Serious business levels are rising significantly. Logic in a romance thread for a shonen action? gtfo.

They are going to screw with us *constantly* in these matters. Thus attempts at analysis will fail hard.

Keep it simple stupid is the golden rule.

I rather like us being as light hearted as possible and not going into war like in Toradora or Macross Frontier. Or.. I dunno Naruto or Bleach. >_> <_<
Ahaha ^^;

Well, why don't we just give it more chance to the author and see how they will develop the story. Maybe the author want to keep a major development to Layfon later to one of the girls. Though with the way things are right now, I agree with what most of the people above me had said.

Old 2009-04-16, 03:34   Link #737
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

ahem...
the list keeps groing, it seems 89 viewers that follow a certain pairing are heading for a heartbreak.
Old 2009-04-16, 05:07   Link #738
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Not every 89 of them...some ppl voted for every Layfon pairing(maybe even the for the Slash pairings). I personaly voted for Nina, Leerin and Meishen(the heat around Felli on the forums made me uninterested in that pairing). And some non-Layfon pairings too.
I think 90% of the Felli fans "have no problems"(they can accept that) with a Layfon X Leerin pairing. Anyways they have bishoujo Felli with more emotions in the Missing Mail manga. I think it'll have a FelliXFon-fon pairing.
Old 2009-04-16, 20:47   Link #739
aesthetic
Violinist/Pianist

i don't see any + points in the romantic scoring with a Layfon x Nina duet.. well as i see it all scenes are just like "senior & junior", "friends" or "superior & subordinate"

as for the Felli x Layfon duet.. i see that well, Felli slowly, gradually falls for Fon-fon.. she learns to get jealous, scolds Fon-fon when he does wrong.. etc. etc.

i still go for a Felli x Layfon duet.. i find it cute and well..interesting.

either way..everything depends on Layfon to finally "feel" affection from any of the girls in the anime.
Old 2009-04-17, 02:07   Link #740
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

It's a shonen anime. There's two typical "romantic" scenarios: a.) the male protagonist physicaly attracted to the girl and he even tries to get closer to her. b.)the main guy's female friend gets closer and closer until it she become the guy's lover.
Layfon probably the B cathegory:the girl closest to him will slowly become his lover.
It's not a romance drama nor a shoujo anime, so you hardly can exept any rea lromantic interaction.
Closed Thread