AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-05-18, 01:42   Link #221
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

-Saeko Chiba
-Shizuka Itou
-Chiwa Saitou
-Aoi Yuuki
-Youko Hikasa
-Minako Kotobuki
-Ai Nonaka
-Ami Koshimizu
-Naomi Shindou

seriously, i'm still wondering whether nabatame hitomi and ito shizuka really got 'marrried' to each other. LOL.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 05:53   Link #222
Cloudy

I wonder if Nobuhiko Okamoto and Aoi Yuuki would win best lead male seiyuu and best lead female seiyuu in the next seiyuu awards.

Since Nobuhiko and Aoi did their parts well in Ao No Exoist and PMMM respectively.
Old 2011-05-19, 00:37   Link #223
Siegel Clyne

Female Seiyuu More Affected Than Male Seiyuu?

In addition to the wage and experience problem, which veteran seiyuu Kamiya Akira has also complained about...

Female seiyuu seem more adversely affected than male seiyuu.

Teenage characters predominate in anime aimed at adult otaku.

A number of well-known male seiyuu in their late thirties and older, such as Ishida Akira and Koyasu Takehito (and to a lesser extent, Hoshi Souichirou and even Yamaguchi Kappei) can still land often land roles as teenage boys in otaku- and fujoshi-oriented anime.

How many female seiyuu in their late thirties and older do you know of who can still often land roles as teenage girls in otaku-oriented and moe anime?

Perhaps many male otaku in their twenties find a teenage female character less appealing if the voice actress playing her is around the same age as or older than their own mother?

Given that seiyuu regularly appear at events promoting anime (and games), the disconnect may just be too disconcerting for many otaku to take.

Does this also not hold true to a large extent in Western live action television shows and cinema?

In general, although this may be changing, age seems to affect female actors more adversely than male actors in terms of romantic and sexual interest from TV and movie fans.

Older seiyuu who still find work in Japan often do more mainstream anime and frequently dub foreign-language television shows, movies, and whatnot, in which age and appearance do not matter as much to the casual, mainstream viewer who more usually than not don't give a rat's ass on who's voicing who.

How about the talent agency, the music label, etc., the seiyuu is affiliated with and their promotion?

This is not often talked about in the West, but Japanese fans on 2ch frequently mention this.

Many times 2ch posters complain about what they perceive as "gorioshi," or pushing an individual seiyuu or a group of seiyuu, such as Sphere (Kotobuki Minako, Takagaki Ayaha, Tomatsu Haruka, and Toyosaki Aki) to get anime roles in order to promote them.

Office Osawa, from what I have read, is one of the most powerful seiyuu talent agencies in Japan. Their seiyuu do a lot of narration and voiceover work in commercials, as well as voice work in anime, games, drama CDs, etc.

Three of Office Osawa's best-known female seiyuu are Kawasumi Ayako, Noto Mamiko, and Hanazawa Kana.

Is seems that Office Osawa has been pushing the twentysomething Hanazawa for some time now. This appears to have played a part in the significant decrease in the number of roles in otaku-oriented anime for the thirtysomething Kawasumi, which she used to regularly land in the late 1990s and much of the first decade of the 21st century.

According to their official website, Office Osawa's bank is Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, one of the largest banks in the world.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2011-05-21 at 12:18.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 03:19   Link #224
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i had wonder what happen to Nakahara Mai and Ayako Kawasumi. They were on practically every show then all of a sudden they both completely disappear.
On Ayako Kawasumi it didn't hit me before, but maybe she too busy[maybe enough to stop other roles for bit] with the type-moon OVA this summer and Fate/Zero in the fall as Saber to take anyone other roles up?
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 03:37   Link #225
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
On Ayako Kawasumi it didn't hit me before, but maybe she too busy[maybe enough to stop other roles for bit] with the type-moon OVA this summer and Fate/Zero in the fall as Saber to take anyone other roles up?
I doubt she's too busy lol... she's probably thankful she has a previous role she can continue to voice.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 14:48   Link #226
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
Marina Inoue by far. My top 5 characters all are voiced by her. I think she's beautiful and her voice is ear candy. <3
I also love Yu Kobayashi and Miyuki Sawashiro, as well as Mai Nakahara. Junichi Suwabe and Daisuke Ono for male voice actors. I used to like Hana Kanazawa back when she did Kobato, but now she's just overused and overrated way too much imo. I'm starting to like Yoko Hikasa and I'm liking Yukana a bit more.
Midnight Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 18:41   Link #227
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mai Nakahara will be in the Higurashi OVA this summer...aside from that I know nothing.
Old 2011-05-20, 22:04   Link #228
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
Shizuka Itou. The astounding range of her roles can be viewed here.

Among her most proficiently known roles are Katsura Hinagiku (Hayate no Gotoku), Wilhelmina Carmel (Shakugan no Shana), Morishima Haruka (Amagami SS), Hasekura Rei (Maria-sama ga Miteru), Takei Hisa (Saki), Kousaka Tamaki (To Heart), Kanzaki Kaori (Index/Railgun), Kunogi Himawari (xxxHOLIC).

Her vocal talent is outstanding, and I've seen her in most of her roles since Tohno Akiha in the non-existant Tsukhime anime adaptation. Regardless, her ability to adapt her voice to a variety of different characters in different situations, whether as a main or supporting has never ceased to impress me.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 06:54   Link #229
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Bliss View Post
Marina Inoue by far. My top 5 characters all are voiced by her. I think she's beautiful and her voice is ear candy. <3

So true. The other day when I was driving I thought 'Ah, I'd like Marina Inoue's voice on my GPS...'
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 07:38   Link #230
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I have to also say Marina Inoue. It was her performance in Ginban Kaleidoscope that started my venture into anime!

Some other favourites of mine:

Kana Hanazawa: Angel beats (Kanata/Tenshii), Ore No Imouto (Kuroneko), Infinite Stratos (Charlotte Dunois)

Satsuki Yukino: FMP! (Kaname Chidori), Clannad (Missae Sagara)

Kaori Nazuka: Strike Witches (Lynette Bishop), True Tears (Yuasa Hiromi), Eureka 7 (Eureka)

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 07:40   Link #231
ScarletAmmo

My favorite characters are voiced by Kugimiya Rie. No doubt about it, she's my fave.

Ah, how I love the tsundere wonders. XD
Old 2011-05-21, 07:48   Link #232
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I should also say my favourite male VA is Yuichi Nakamura.

Since the first episode of Frontier I just couldn't get enough of his fired up voice. Then Clannad showed me how emotional he could be and recently, Ore No Imouto has made me appreciate how witty he can sound.

And I can't conclude this without mentioning, Katsuyuki Konishi. The great, Kamina, is he!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 23:16   Link #233
Vitamin fighter

Kenichi Suzumura marries Maaya Sakamoto

Congratulations
Vitamin fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 23:31   Link #234
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin fighter View Post
Kenichi Suzumura marries Maaya Sakamoto

Congratulations
Seconds. They got married on the 8th of August (8 is a lucky number in Japan).

Though this news would probably be better off in the seiyuu discussion thread...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 06:28   Link #235
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

I have to say, yeah, Marina Inoue. Very versatile. I might as well say anyone involved in Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei anime. I've got obsessed to the point I watched it everyday.
Ai Nonaka's voice is also one of my favourite. I just find hers cute and positively uplifting. And I liked Yuki Gotoh's voice too.

Yeah, the anime left me such huge impression on me.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 06:34   Link #236
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Ayahi Takagaki
Nana Mizuki
Haruka Tomatsu

Can't name best male seiyuu cause I have couple of equal candidates

And reasons. All three are great both in voicing and singing. Just I love Ayahi the most.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 11:29   Link #237
christinemarie
Crazy One

2011 Current female favorites: Yui Ogura, Aoi Yuki, Kana Hanazawa, and Nao Toyama
2011 Current male favorites: Tomokazu Sugita, Takashi Kondo, Hiroshi Kamiya, and Jun Fukuyama

It would be a great year if all of these seiyuus are assembled for one epic anime, Yui Ogura is a great addition in the list of seiyuu that may become successful as Rie Kugimiya, Horie Yui, and other more.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 18:39   Link #238
Roduigez
Haruhiist

For me, it's gotta be Aya Hirano, Minori Chihara and (even though he's an English dub voice actor) Liam O'Brien.
Old 2011-08-14, 09:20   Link #239
Reikokuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Bliss View Post
I also love Yu Kobayashi and Miyuki Sawashiro, as well as Mai Nakahara. Junichi Suwabe and Daisuke Ono for male voice actors. I used to like Hana Kanazawa back when she did Kobato, but now she's just overused and overrated way too much imo. I'm starting to like Yoko Hikasa and I'm liking Yukana a bit more.
Absolutely agreeing with you! These should be the Idols for the next seiyuu-gen <3
But also i enjoy the acting of Jun Fukuyama (especially Lelouch) and Rie Tanaka.
Old 2011-08-16, 12:38   Link #240
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

female VA

1. Miyuki Sawashiro
2. Ami Koshimizu
3. Marina Inoue
4. Chiwa Saitou

damn their voices are "eargasm" couldn't wait their voices in the same anime (Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon) next Fall
I also like old seiyuus like :

1. Sumi Shimamoto (Otonashi Kyoko, Maison Ikkoku)
2. Hiromi Tsuru (Ayukawa Madoka, Kimagure Orange Road)

miss their lovely voices and wish they are planning to make a comeback in this industry

male VA

1. FukuJun!
2. Keiji Fujiwara
3. Takehito Koyasu
4. Kazuya Nakai
5. Norio Wakamoto

Last edited by articuzwolf; 2011-10-13 at 23:56.
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote