AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-02-27, 03:53   Link #41
shinn_asagiri
HEY MAN!!!

ok, ty...maybe ill just wait for it to come out
shinn_asagiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 14:17   Link #42
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Start saving your money now... the Limited Editions of these games usually run closer to $100 with shipping. Of course, you get really quality packaging and knickknacks with the software but it can still be painful.
Pricing standards for software and merchandise in japan imply some weighty salaries...
Old 2007-02-28, 19:51   Link #43
shinn_asagiri
HEY MAN!!!

$100!? ill just wait for someone to rip it and make it a torrent...

i can't even find the Shuffle! here in my area in the Philippines
Old 2007-03-01, 03:18   Link #44
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just be sure to read the forum rules before you start shouting that very much... I originally obtained my copy from an reseller of Japan software (himeya) because most of these sorts of games are not available anywhere but in Japan.

I don't suppose we could get you to turn off the BOLD, eh? It makes you look like you're shouting in a loud monotonic voice
Old 2007-03-01, 06:41   Link #45
shinn_asagiri
HEY MAN!!!

sorry...ill turn it off
Old 2007-07-09, 04:00   Link #46
animexfreak728

Does anyone know a basic summary of Oretsuba? I have been trying to find out but I cant read Japanese. Can anyone help?

They have cosplay outfits already for it. They're really cute.

animexfreak728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 13:11   Link #47
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Huh? All the posts are from last year?
You know The prelude (appears to be sort of a demo) version was released a few days ago. Nobody's gonna play it, huh?
Looks like I'm interested in the game.
The final release is scheduled at Nov. 2008 though the release date was postponed once so everything can change till then.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 08:53   Link #48
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I can't be the only one here who's been playing this.

Just finished my first route (Ohtori Naru). I can certainly see why this game took so long to make. As improbable as its premise is on some levels, the internal logic is almost jaw-droppingly airtight. Each time I found something new to be skeptical about, it would get casually addressed a couple of scenes later.

While the two games really have absolutely in common worth noting, I might put it in the same category as something like Sumaga--Oretsuba is also rather massive in scale, and innovative, and very ambitious, and left me thinking that the writer must have pretty big balls, and it's definitely going to have a lot of strong detractors as well as fans. I'll make spoiler-tagged comments once I get to the true end...

Am going for Asuka next.

ETA: Oh, and the game system is so beautifully convenient, it brings tears to my eyes.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 20:05   Link #49
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
I can't be the only one here who's been playing this.

Just finished my first route (Ohtori Naru). I can certainly see why this game took so long to make. As improbable as its premise is on some levels, the internal logic is almost jaw-droppingly airtight. Each time I found something new to be skeptical about, it would get casually addressed a couple of scenes later.

While the two games really have absolutely in common worth noting, I might put it in the same category as something like Sumaga--Oretsuba is also rather massive in scale, and innovative, and very ambitious, and left me thinking that the writer must have pretty big balls, and it's definitely going to have a lot of strong detractors as well as fans. I'll make spoiler-tagged comments once I get to the true end...

Am going for Asuka next.

ETA: Oh, and the game system is so beautifully convenient, it brings tears to my eyes.
So that mean you wouldn't mind doing a quick summary of each route after you beat them all right
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 21:54   Link #50
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quick summary? What's that mean?

Well, this is about as short as I can make it, but I still had to cut a ton of stuff.

Spoiler for Ohtori Naru + game trunk:
Old 2009-02-13, 00:13   Link #51
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
+1

epic revival, lol.

i'm still finding time to play Oretsuba, hopefully this coming weekend since it's a special day-off, after all.

been wanting to take on Ootori and Haneda's route.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 19:40   Link #52
E.Pedro

I finished the game too, ended up as Shuusuke it seems, but he's the guy i feel I can relate to the most so good end for me I also kinda like Hiyoko, but anyways :P

Sadly, i don't understand much Japanese so I've got nothing much to say after the brilliant main storyline explanation of Dagger. By the way Dagger, if you could also post one on the Hiyoko branch, that would really make my day, thanks. Great explanation, thanks a lot!
E.Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 21:34   Link #53
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Sure--although it looks like I may end up playing her route last.

Finally finished the Asuka path. This is not a route that lends itself well to summary, since it hinges entirely on casual conversations, everyday life, and incremental character development. I'll try to hit the main points once I'm done with Miyako, I guess.

I spoke too soon with respect to the game system. The scene-by-scene skip is superb. But it basically refuses to catch old text in alternate versions of scenes. This gets really obnoxious during the standard (non-Naru route) version of Chapter 3, because there are tons of scenes where every line is almost exactly the same as in the Naru route versions of those scenes--but it's treated as an entirely new scene because of a few missing lines, or one or two added lines, which means you have to click through again instead of skipping to the new lines. Well, whatever, it's behind me now. That really killed my momentum for a while, though.

I suspect that the Asuka and Miyako paths overlap right up until the very end...
Old 2009-02-28, 18:46   Link #54
asdf-cn

any possibility that Dagger-chan may translate this? =D
asdf-cn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 02:33   Link #55
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I'm enjoying it, but not quite that much, haha.

If a group or other individuals were interested in translating Oretsuba, however, I would totally volunteer to tackle the Karura chapter. Since each chapter has a distinct flavor, this is one of those rare cases where it would almost make more sense to use multiple translators.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ero-game, eroge, navel, pc game, romance, visual novel