AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-11-01, 12:57   Link #361
neshru

I think the only disgraceful thing here is the fact that some people still don't get the point of fillers. Get a clue people, seriously.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 13:08   Link #362
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

I'm sorry so when will the start of these 6 episodes begin? Trailer makes it look pretty fun, and I might give it a shot.
Old 2012-11-01, 13:17   Link #363
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
It's just disgraceful and rude towards the fans. I'm guessing lots of fans gave up on it already.
Filler's an unavoidable necessity for any long-running anime directly based off an ongoing manga. Besides, if almost 2 years and over 80 consecutive episodes composed of some of the worst filler ever couldn't make the ratings low enough to get this anime pulled, I doubt any filler arc ever will (for this franchise).
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 13:46   Link #364
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
I'm sorry so when will the start of these 6 episodes begin? Trailer makes it look pretty fun, and I might give it a shot.
I think the first one will air on on November 22, with the arc ending with the end of the year.
Old 2012-11-01, 15:25   Link #365
Ushio the Omega

What a boring filler 5 enemy characters introduced who then do NOTHING!
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 16:10   Link #366
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It's why I just skip over the filler without complaining about it. Just treat it like a hiatus or something.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 17:02   Link #367
Maxtro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Filler's an unavoidable necessity for any long-running anime directly based off an ongoing manga. Besides, if almost 2 years and over 80 consecutive episodes composed of some of the worst filler ever couldn't make the ratings low enough to get this anime pulled, I doubt any filler arc ever will (for this franchise).
Actually it's not really necessary at all but just how things have worked out Japanese TV culture.

If the scheduling was done the western way, Naruto would have 4-5 months of new episodes and simply not air for the rest of the year.

Instead of taking a break from the air, these long running shows are expected to air every week. Obviously, that drastically lowers the quality of the show.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 17:57   Link #368
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
If the scheduling was done the western way, Naruto would have 4-5 months of new episodes and simply not air for the rest of the year.
Quite true. And to a certain degree, that's seems to happen to plenty of manga-based anime in Japan. That's to say, a season will air, and then months (or even years) come to pass before the next season is aired.
Quote:
Instead of taking a break from the air, these long running shows are expected to air every week. Obviously, that drastically lowers the quality of the show.
Once again, I agree. But be that as it may, the situation remains what it is--which brings me back to my original point. Since that's just the way "Japanese TV culture" (as you put it) does things, fillers will continue to remain an unavoidable necessity for as long as these types of franchises are contracted to air almost every week of the year.

Last edited by sayde; 2012-11-01 at 18:09.
Old 2012-11-01, 18:36   Link #369
Maxtro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Quite true. And to a certain degree, that's seems to happen to plenty of manga-based anime in Japan. That's to say, a season will air, and then months (or even years) come to pass before the next season is aired.

Once again, I agree. But be that as it may, the situation remains what it is--which brings me back to my original point. Since that's just the way "Japanese TV culture" (as you put it) does things, fillers will continue to remain an unavoidable necessity for as long as these types of franchises are contracted to air almost every week of the year.
Which does make me wonder how it's decided which shows get broken up into seasons and which don't. So the question is why did Shakugan no Shana get three separate seasons and shows like Naruto and Bleach are supposed to run forever.

Of course Bleach is no longer with us, and I think not being broken up into seasons turned many people off of the show.
Old 2012-11-01, 20:03   Link #370
sayde

Quote:
Which does make me wonder how it's decided which shows get broken up into seasons and which don't. So the question is why did Shakugan no Shana get three separate seasons and shows like Naruto and Bleach are supposed to run forever.
Good question. Even though I've seen every season of it, I'm not too familiar with the manga adaption of shukugan no shana, so if I had to take a wild shot in the dark, I'd say it might have to do with the frequency at which new chapters of the manga are released. Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, & Fairy Tail, are examples of franchises I know are released almost every week. But I'm not sure the same can be said of the others. Case in point, were chapters of Shana released weekly prior to the end of the manga? Or did the manga take breaks every so often?

Speaking of Bleach, (and this is just my opinion), but I think the canon content just wasn't interesting enough to keep its viewers. Because most of the filler content at its very worst still wasn't as bad as Naruto at its worst. There were even moments when the filler would be more interesting then the current events in manga at the time. Even the final canon episodes to an arc that took years to build up to pulled in abysmal ratings. So while I'm sad to see it go, I wasn't at all surprised.

Last edited by sayde; 2012-11-01 at 20:36.
Old 2012-11-01, 20:27   Link #371
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

All these people bitching about fillers. I pity you guys, I really do.

Well guess what? I ENJOYED these last two filler episodes (286 and 287). Hear that? ENJOYED. It's nice to see additional character development apart from the restrictive nature of what Kishimoto deigns to show us in the manga. I like seeing side characters shine in the limelight, even if only for a few brief episodes. And this stuff is actually relevant to the current arc's relationships between characters, and fleshes out their personalities and backstories to show that they aren't just recycled stereotypes but characters in their own right.

Dear god you people crying about fillers either need to stop watching the show or just shut up and enjoy it without worrying about whether or not every episode is a carbon-copy of its manga chapter counterparts.
Old 2012-11-08, 08:11   Link #372
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Guy & kakashi team up episodes are always great, loved this episode, love guy sensei. shame the fight wasn't more action packed though but I guess it had to be more tame to make more time for guy and kakashi's reminiscing friendship = more chakra stuff.
Old 2012-11-08, 08:23   Link #373
ookamigirl

It was nice to see Kakashi again.
He came in contact with some pretty scary opponents.
Jinpachi and Kushimaru vs Guy and Kakashi!
Really nice action scenes.
Those two had serious problems dealing with the enemy.
Flashbacks from the past were a nice filler.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 15:36   Link #374
Maxtro

Interesting back story. This episode.

I didn't know that Gai replaced Obito.

We also get to see when Kakashi cuts lightning though he didn't use Raikiri or did he?

The fight seen could have been better but it was still a good episode.

One thing really odd, is that woman looks whole lot like Rin, Kakashi's old teammate who isn't around for reasons we don't know yet. She's even named Ran
Old 2012-11-14, 20:55   Link #375
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

has the anime resume to manga storyline yet? if not,how long more??
Old 2012-11-14, 22:07   Link #376
neshru

It's all filler up until the end of the year. Canon may resume with the start of the new year, but we don't know just yet.
The mini filler arc that starts next week could be worth checking out though, it really looks like something special.
Old 2012-11-15, 09:17   Link #377
azenable
President of TecoT

i tot omoi is dead?
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 13:00   Link #378
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

filler after this week? crap!

Loved this weeks episode, liked Omoi getting the hidden mist blades at the end.

I want a lollipop.
Old 2012-11-15, 13:37   Link #379
ookamigirl

What is happening to Naruto?
This constant torture with fillers and shitty episodes is just too much.
I bet it's losing fans right this moment.
The other half is just delusional and keeps on hoping it'll get better.
Honestly, I don't know why I'm still watching this...
Kakashi and Guy continue their cooperation + some Omoi and Narui action.
Just watching the sidelines with some meaningless fights.
Disappointed.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 16:04   Link #380
Ushio the Omega

I hate filler that breaks manga canon as with this episode 5 of the seven swordsman are sealed and yet when Fuguki Suikazan is sealed in the manga there are still supposed to be 3 left.

But at least this is above average filler and better than how the other swordsmen were sealed in there filler episodes.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion