AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Old 2010-01-22, 17:11   Link #501
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Like Kanon_ said, the voices might not be that trustworthy though, BUT if the voices are (they probably aren't), who are the people that can share the same usernames?
Do people normally share names in Japanese chatrooms?
Old 2010-01-22, 17:21   Link #502
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I'm gonna post a quick reminder that ANYTHING not explained in the episode is considered a spoiler, whether it be found on another site or from the novels. Until it happens/shown in anime its a spoiler.

If Izaya is a Dollar Ill be disappointed since he seems to fit it too much. Maybe he used to be but Im hoping he's not now. Oddly Kida seems to know alot about certain people like Izaya and Shizou.
Thats because Kida is also a dollar! >.<

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 17:25   Link #503
orion

Quote:

If Izaya is a Dollar Ill be disappointed since he seems to fit it too much. Maybe he used to be but Im hoping he's not now. Oddly Kida seems to know alot about certain people like Izaya and Shizou.
Simon did say that they're transparent. So I vote for Izaya and the otaku squad.

It would take someone like Izaya to keep their identities unknown. Maybe Kida had a run in with Izaya. Izaya has something on him and that's how Izaya got some info to do a search on Mikado.
Old 2010-01-22, 17:25   Link #504
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Thats because Kida is also a dollar! >.<
Is this speculation on your part?
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 17:29   Link #505
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Do people normally share names in Japanese chatrooms?
I don't think so.

Anyone speak Russian around here? I want to know how authentic the accent is in the beginning because I wasn't sure if konart said that jokingly or not earlier.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 17:33   Link #506
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

Just watched Episode 3; I'm totally sold. While I've still yet to become as hysterically attached to Durarara!! as Baccano!, it's definitely the top watch of this season imho. Izaya is my favourite thus far, unless some other swanky male protagonist (for lack of a better example, someone like Luck Gandor*ahem*) happens to waltz into the scene, at which point my favourite might change ! As for Dollars members, I don't think Simon is one, but I'd be willing to be on almost everyone else of the cast as it stands.
Change of Pace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 17:40   Link #507
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Quote:
Is this speculation on your part?
Random guess' indeed. Also re-watching episode 3, that guy with the 3 girl bullies was doing something so hilarious in his pocket the whole time. Just looking at his face was so jokes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kido has some association with the dollars or other deeper entity though, considering how knowledgable he is about people and "legends." P.S considering Mikado has met dangerous people from the gekgo since he arrived in Tokyo, I think he should of stayed at home. =P
The world is a dangerous place indeed....

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 17:43   Link #508
orion

Quote:
I don't think so.

Anyone speak Russian around here? I want to know how authentic the accent is in the beginning because I wasn't sure if konart said that jokingly or not earlier.
But if this was a case of avatar sharing, then only a Dollar member would know that the fight was with nonmembers.

So.. for the avatar sharing hypothesis..

Taro ep.1 = Mikado
Taro ep. 3 = Kida, as he is the one of 3 left who witnessed the end of the fight most likely.

I'm in the Kida is a Dollar member camp also.

Taro Tanaka
Kanra

Last edited by orion; 2010-01-22 at 18:01.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 17:43   Link #509
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Random guess' indeed.
I did think of Kida as I watched epi 3 since he just seems to know alot and keeps telling Mikado who not to hang around. I really dont think the Otaku gang are since again its too obvious. Plus Simon said in chat they werent (or someone said).
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 17:50   Link #510
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Well dang, the narrator was narrating the chat as well (who was that talking, Simon? Other just another VA like in episode 2?) so it's harder to get the voices. I'm convinced that the boy with the blue background (Tanka) is Mikado since, in episode 1, he says he's moving to Ikebukuro and, in episode three, he was a witness to the fight. Still unsure who the other members on the board are, I don't think Izaya since that would be too predictable, really, the voices in the chat didn't mesh with the character's we've already met. Maybe that "older brother to the main character" (from the otaku gang) is one of them? Heck, maybe Celty is one of the chat people. She would know a lot about the city, seems to not be a bad guy, and it would be a girl to match with the avatar.

Oh, and did the fight scene remind anyone else of a Western? First there were two, and then you get the whole town coming out to get their butts kicked. I was giggling at the entire scene, although I would love to know how Shizou got hit in the back of the head yet seemed to be bleeding in the front of it....
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 17:54   Link #511
Xacual

My thoughts on the Avatars was that Izaya or someone else was the orange girl, Celty was the black one and of course Mikado as the blue one. I don't know for sure if Celty fits though, but some of the chat in the first episode makes me suspect her.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 18:05   Link #512
Kunagisa

I don't think we have enough information to guess who is who yet for the online guys, because I keep getting the impression that the voices are just computer generated to begin with, not really the modified version of the introduced VAs'.

As for Dollars, isn't it a gang located in Ike only? Izaya's not from Ike as was told in this episode, and neither was Mikado originally. It's somewhat safe to rule them out as Dollars member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Oh, and did the fight scene remind anyone else of a Western? First there were two, and then you get the whole town coming out to get their butts kicked. I was giggling at the entire scene, although I would love to know how Shizou got hit in the back of the head yet seemed to be bleeding in the front of it....
He got hit so hard that he instantly started bleeding, and the moment he bent his head forward the blood went there (<-- total BS). Pretty good job on catching that though, I was so distracted by Shizuo's badassness that I didn't even notice it.

EDIT: I also find it hilarious this topic has gained almost over a 1,000 views overnight.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 18:15   Link #513
orion

Quote:
I
He got hit so hard that he instantly started bleeding, and the moment he bent his head forward the blood went there (<-- total BS). Pretty good job on catching that though, I was so distracted by Shizuo's badassness that I didn't even notice it.
It's possible. Got this covered.

Scalp laceration wounds bleed like sh*t that's why he compressed when he did. Head bent forward and blood trickled foward before he managed to stop it. Gotta protect that white shirt.

Also, he was hit by a 2x2. Go to a lumbar store and put one next to your head. It can get to an area close to the top of your scalp depending on the angle he was hit at.
Old 2010-01-22, 18:21   Link #514
Envoy
SacrificeSheep2God

Stuopidget, have you read the novels?
Envoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 19:10   Link #515
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I don't think we have enough information to guess who is who yet for the online guys, because I keep getting the impression that the voices are just computer generated to begin with, not really the modified version of the introduced VAs'.
The person voicing Tanaka Tarou in this ep is Simon's VA, I'm sure of it. I've rewatched the chats from ep 1 and 3 (don't remember any in ep 2) and listening closely I think they're actually getting one VA to voice all the users in a single ep. Mikado's VA in the first, and Simon in this one. In short, the narrator of the episode also narrates the chat. If that's the case, that's a clever way to avoid us figuring out who they are from their VAs.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 19:13   Link #516
apr
Pedestrian

The voices are unrelated to the chatters. It's just the designated narrator for the episode reading them out loud in a "fitting tone" to make it less boring in animated form.

I'm halfway through the third novel right now. The anime is mixing arcs to make it more dynamic, I guess. The teacher is from vol 2, while the fight is from vol 1, etc. Gets a bit confusing trying to pick things apart from the way I remember it from the books, though. On top of that, Rio's character seems to be entirely anime original.
Old 2010-01-22, 20:00   Link #517
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
I think everyone has summed up what I think about episode 3 here <3 It's pure awesomeness in every sense indeed. <3333 Count me in both Shizu-chan and Izaya's bandwagon while I'm preparing myself to go floored by Erika Namie and Shinra when they appear properly /o/ Screw favouritism. When characters are nearly all awesome who needs it? 8)b

Also best lolful-fanart-image-in-every-logical-sense-but-it's-so-true-smhw 8D;

Spoiler for Image:

Bonus: Toboso Yana drew some "fan"art of Durarara!! back in... June? IDK THE MANGA RELEASE JUST COUNT WITH FINGERS SORRY KTHX ;-;

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2010-01-23 at 00:25. Reason: Wrong name '''OTL Fix'd!
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 20:41   Link #518
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

The awesomeness of this episode has improved my opinion tremendously.

Spoiler for Hey Izaya! Duck!:

Spoiler for FALCON PUNCH!:

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-22, 21:19   Link #519
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
The voices are unrelated to the chatters. It's just the designated narrator for the episode reading them out loud in a "fitting tone" to make it less boring in animated form.
Well that makes sense especially taking what happens in ep. 2 into consideration. Thanks for sharing.

Stll think that Taro is a shared avatar with Mikado and Kida and that Kanra is Izaya.
Old 2010-01-22, 21:26   Link #520
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
The awesomeness of this episode has improved my opinion tremendously.

Spoiler for Hey Izaya! Duck!:

Spoiler for FALCON PUNCH!:
For some reason I laughed at the first scene above when I saw it . Shizuo, men what a guy can't wait to see more of him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
This was posted on another forum:
Quote:
Meaning in Japanese,

'Shizuo' = 'quiet man'
'Heiwajima' = 'peaceful island'
Which is hilariously ironic!
That is hilarious .

Tags
action, light novel adaptation, shounen