AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-05, 18:25   Link #261
mecharobot

Windaria. I thought the movie was good/great. Some nice vistas, songs, politics, sad story and some unorthodox character development. It seems that the main character wasn't received as well by others as he was by me.
Old 2011-04-05, 18:42   Link #262
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Asobi no Iku Yo!

Not THAT great but better than most people said.
Old 2011-04-05, 22:11   Link #263
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Asura Cryin'

OK it's not really hated, but snubbed as complete trash, and despite having a lot of issues (mainly visual) it's just unfair, the story is great!
Old 2011-04-05, 22:24   Link #264
Say Neko
nekoISM

#K-ON do I have to say more? Lots of hate & love happens here. Leave it alone *sobs*
...back to the #DSi
Old 2011-04-05, 22:31   Link #265
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

The Maple Story anime
Old 2011-04-06, 16:55   Link #266
Genten
has a custom user title

Tokyo Mew Mew--Admittedly, I don't know how much it is 'hated' but I do know that it's not very well known and certainly not very popular in the anime circles I frequent. The most common criticism is that TMM is a rip-off/copy/poor man's Sailor Moon but I honestly can't see the comparison. It was one of the first manga I ever collected (and the first manga series I completed) and I absolutely love it. I still love it and although a lot of it is probably due to nostalgia some is still due to the unabashed girliness of the show. Poor man's Sailor Moon it may be but I still love it.

Mamotte! Lollipop--More the manga than the anime for the wonderful shoujo art but I really like the feeling of pure shoujo that this series emits. The art, while very simplified in the anime, is fairly true to the wonderful art in the manga and I really enjoy the (admittedly) cliche storyline. I get a kick out of old, cliche shoujo series, what can I say?

InuYasha--Yes, I do like this anime. It's so often critisized by others but I really love watching it. Probably, again, due mostly to nostalgia: it was one of the first anime series I watched and I love reliving childhood memories with friends. However, I really do enjoy watching the show; there's something about watching an anime that doesn't care how cheesy it may be and is so straightforward in its plot and unfolding that I really love.

Princess Princess--I'm almost, almost being the keyword there, ashamed to admit I like this series. Along with Gakuen Heaven this is the only other series I'm embarrased to admit I like. But I can't help it! For a short, and fairly trashy, anime the animation and art is amazing. The colors are vibrant and the characters interact well. Something about the series satisfies my need to watch something really bad. I mean, that's why I watch C horror movies.
Old 2011-04-07, 15:24   Link #267
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genten View Post

Mamotte! Lollipop--More the manga than the anime for the wonderful shoujo art but I really like the feeling of pure shoujo that this series emits. The art, while very simplified in the anime, is fairly true to the wonderful art in the manga and I really enjoy the (admittedly) cliche storyline. I get a kick out of old, cliche shoujo series, what can I say?
Loooool the anime is so bad I don't have a problem with shoujo cliches really but it was when I saw that the animators were so lazy they reused footage even with the characters in different clothing that I said, "DONE!!"

I need my anime to have just a tad more effort put into than that. Nina's overwhelming stupidity got on my nerves too. The manga's all right but I've been spoiled by authors like Arina Tanemura, Tooyama Ema, and Tachibana Higuchi too much to really enjoy it. XD
I like "Youkai Navigator Runa" a lot more. It's by the same author as "Lollipop" but it's way cooler and would make a great anime series!
Old 2011-04-07, 16:37   Link #268
Genten
has a custom user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Loooool the anime is so bad I don't have a problem with shoujo cliches really but it was when I saw that the animators were so lazy they reused footage even with the characters in different clothing that I said, "DONE!!"
!
Well, these are anime I like that everybody else hates. While I do love Arina Tanemura's stuff I really enjoy Michiyo Kikuta's old school looking artwork. I'm a sucker for anything that smacks of 80s shoujo (although Mamotte was produced in 2002, the art is eerily similar).
Old 2011-04-08, 01:22   Link #269
Progbuusters

I also like Queen's Blade. Its not hentai. Its just fun adventure.
Old 2011-04-08, 11:38   Link #270
Chiibi

Quote:
Well, these are anime I like that everybody else hates. While I do love Arina Tanemura's stuff I really enjoy Michiyo Kikuta's old school looking artwork. I'm a sucker for anything that smacks of 80s shoujo (although Mamotte was produced in 2002, the art is eerily similar).
Well, I'm just saying I could have ended up liking Mamotte if the people in charge of the anime treated it seriously. But it was like.....they didn't care about it at all. It was very very half-assed.
Old 2011-04-08, 15:39   Link #271
Genten
has a custom user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Well, I'm just saying I could have ended up liking Mamotte if the people in charge of the anime treated it seriously. But it was like.....they didn't care about it at all. It was very very half-assed.
The manga, hun, not the anime Although I was fond of the opening, I never saw much of its animated counterpart.
Old 2011-04-10, 18:29   Link #272
Chiibi

Quote:
The manga, hun, not the anime
Now THAT makes much more sense. XD

Quote:
Although I was fond of the opening
Ha, yes, it's a cute, catchy little song, annoying as hell if you hate cute songs so I torture people who hate cute songs with it. >=D ROFL.

Quote:
I never saw much of its animated counterpart.
DON'T. Just don't.

Unless you are curious about how awful it really is. XD I just know if I was Michiyo-sensei, and saw THAT, I'd cry in a corner.
Old 2011-04-11, 00:29   Link #273
Ermes Marana

Carried By The Wind: Tsukikage Ran

Not that people really hate it (same with many other shows listed), but nobody likes it as much as I do. To me it's a top ten show of all time.
Old 2011-04-11, 15:33   Link #274
Kyuu
=^^=

Quiz Magic Academy.

Not in my top 10 personally, but it's still good enough for me to watch over and over again. After all, it's just 2 OVAs; and it is primarily a game. For a school, it has the goofiest character mixes y'can think of. Being a magic school, they can actually do that.
Old 2011-04-13, 04:46   Link #275
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Star Driver
Old 2011-04-15, 06:34   Link #276
HasuMasu
*Artist

Naruto Shippuden - i disliked the old naruto series (you know, when they were kids) but i really like this one for, god knows what reason (minus all the fillers since i merrily skipped those), i don't know why people keep hating on this though

K-ON! - yes, i disliked the second season, but i really liked the first, it was light and i guess i laughed a couple of times, but people apparently like to hate on it for whatever reason

Gundam SEED - this one is beyond me, sure, i hated destiny, but seed? wtf?
Old 2011-04-15, 08:31   Link #277
Honoakari
Lurking Member

School Days.

I have no problem with Makoto's personality or the end of the series, but unfortunately a lot of people do.
Old 2011-04-15, 11:29   Link #278
GundamFan0083

Plastic Little, great animation for its time, and darn good story (in the OVA).

Space Pirate Captain Harlock/Galaxy Express 999, this is a new thing (people hating on these linked series) I've encountered. Yes the series is dated, yes its surreal, and yes its more of a Science-Fantasy than Science-Fiction, but it has the romantic feel of La Morte D'Arthur or Captain Heratio Hornblower to it and that gives it a charm I don't see in much of what anime is today.

Record of The Lodoss War, it was cheesy at times, but is very much a D&D style anime adventure that ISN'T a friggin hentai. I enjoyed this series very much (the first one, I haven't seen the second series to it).

Orguss, was a great idea that sort of rounded out the "superdimensional series of shows" that Stuo Nue was putting out in the 1980s. The premise of a "superdimensional" bomb tearing the Earth into multiple dimensional fragments was captivating to me.
Old 2011-04-15, 11:50   Link #279
Progbuusters

the first Vampire Hunter D. i like the illustration style better than the second release 10+ years later
Old 2011-04-15, 17:41   Link #280
InitialGT

nobody seems to like initial d
Closed Thread