AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-08-27, 06:13   Link #721
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So does anyone else think it shows very striking similarities to the afterlife journey of the souls as described in Greek mythology? (That clown guy being Charon ferrying Dandy down the Styx and meeting other people along the way)
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 08:09   Link #722
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So does anyone else think it shows very striking similarities to the afterlife journey of the souls as described in Greek mythology? (That clown guy being Charon ferrying Dandy down the Styx and meeting other people along the way)
Yes, I was reminded of the mythology too. That was the connection that keyed me into the idea that Dandy was dead.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 12:35   Link #723
bastek66

What's name of that Japanese entertainer whose signature act is pantyhose... punch that Dandy did in latest episode? He even has figmas.
Old 2014-08-31, 22:26   Link #724
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I am digging the musical theme eps
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 00:57   Link #725
ReddyRedWolf

We got a dangling plot point answered unexpectedly. We know the Gogol has been trying to develop Piyonium for their super weapon CORE. In episode 1 Dr. Gel asked if what he was seeing was the power of Piyonium with the cosmic string. We never got a straight answer why the Gogol empire wants Dandy now we are informed Dandy has Piyonium in his body.

Among the effects of Piyonium as we've seen are time loops. Heck not only does QT and Meow remember the Bad End episodes so does Gel and Bea. Dandy can also have prophetic dreams. Not so much of a prophecy but just some awareness it has happened before maybe.

Next ep another love interest... The way Dandy has been seducing girls this season I'm sure in some other universe he has a harem. Poe from the Dead Planet still won the Dandy though.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 03:10   Link #726
Random14

Yeah, was wondering if this was the first time they said outright Dandy has pyonium energy (whether its what made him so special or his encounter with the cosmic string or something else gave it to him, who knows). That time loop episode was due to that too, as well as the Gogol empire's general conquest plan.

Other than that, very trippy and hilarious episode. A time acceleration record with QT as the record player and Meow as the needle, ha, only Space Dandy would do that.

Even Gel and Bea are getting tired of being blown up. Huh, at first I thought that girl next week was Scarlet with the hair color, but nah, probably not (and wrong personality seems like).

Does it seem like this season has had more sort of romantic moments? Mostly it was that doll girl in the first season (unless you count that racer ), but Poe has probably had the most memorable episode yet.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 04:38   Link #727
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
We got a dangling plot point answered unexpectedly. We know the Gogol has been trying to develop Piyonium for their super weapon CORE. In episode 1 Dr. Gel asked if what he was seeing was the power of Piyonium with the cosmic string. We never got a straight answer why the Gogol empire wants Dandy now we are informed Dandy has Piyonium in his body.

Among the effects of Piyonium as we've seen are time loops. Heck not only does QT and Meow remember the Bad End episodes so does Gel and Bea. Dandy can also have prophetic dreams. Not so much of a prophecy but just some awareness it has happened before maybe.

Next ep another love interest... The way Dandy has been seducing girls this season I'm sure in some other universe he has a harem. Poe from the Dead Planet still won the Dandy though.
Considering how Dandy's Piyonium plays around with time and space I doubt Poe can still count as winning the Dandy.

I'm willing to bet that Dandy is pan-dimensional... but not like the last episode where we see many kinds of Dandy and his crew running around.

... Next episode is another guarantee for sure, but to be honest, I don't remember the last time I ever spent a week without getting my dose of Dandy.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 14:43   Link #728
MCAL

This show! Even in comedy episodes, this show is surreal as it gets. And Koichi Yamadera has incredible range. I can't wait to hear Megumi Hayashibara too.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 17:44   Link #729
Theo

I imagine that was intended to be the very last episode at some point.

And I was waiting for the Groovy Dandy music ever since the first trailer, I wasn't let down!
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 11:59   Link #730
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Huh, at first I thought that girl next week was Scarlet with the hair color, but nah, probably not (and wrong personality seems like).
Pretty sure that's Scarlet.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 16:48   Link #731
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

I finally caught up with all of the previous episodes after not having watched any since episode 4 and I have to say that episode 8 was amazing. I love how surreal this show gets at times.
Old 2014-09-07, 12:20   Link #732
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Dandy x Scarlet? Is it Scarlet theme next ep?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 13:39   Link #733
MCAL

It's always the damn train!

Next episode looks like something that could be related to the plot. And was that Miyuki Swashiro in the preview?
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 13:40   Link #734
AntonKutovoi

All that feels
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 14:15   Link #735
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
It's always the damn train!
Heh. My thought was "It's like 5 centimeters per second all over again!"

That was quite a sad moment, actually.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 16:23   Link #736
BPD Renegade

Loved this episode! Scarlett was hot. The first half was hilarious, but that end...
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 16:56   Link #737
Random14

Huh, interesting to see Space Dandy do romantic-comedy. Well, Dandy has the comedy down of course, but compared to the last Scarlet episode, with the cloud guy, this was pretty serious, and liked it a lot. Even with the stalker mobile suit (that was a Federation space suit, in different colors I think?) as well as random monsters (recognize Santa and snowman, forget what that Japanese demon was) interrupting things.

Season 2 has had quite a few romances, looks like next week will be another one.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 23:03   Link #738
SeaDoor

I guess Scarlett continues her streak of "falling for losers."
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 06:18   Link #739
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Anyone else think Scarlet with her hair down looked like she fell out of a Matsumoto Leiji manga?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 09:45   Link #740
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I.. I think I felt a tear come down during that last chase part...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, retro sci-fi