Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-04-30, 08:30   Link #17381
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagekyuubi View Post
The cashless will forever curse Bandai for coming up with so many cool kits.
although i may not be cashless, ive cursed bandai a long time ago for coming with so many cool kits. i unfortunately feel the need to hold back from buying every 7/10 MS kits they come out with. time and space are the problems i face with my collection.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 13:10   Link #17382
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

SO.FRIGGIN.AWESOME

http://www.modelers-g.jp/uploads/photos/1168-6.jpg
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 15:27   Link #17383
beamknight87
Gold Saint

MG Red Frame:

Tactical Arms currently on the works.
Old 2010-04-30, 18:22   Link #17384
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Spoiler for save space:

My word...nice work bro..whoa it also has beam rifle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
That could be called as heavy arms Tieren XD. Nice gatling guns btw.
Old 2010-05-01, 02:12   Link #17385
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
Wow...i agree Impulse do look gorgeous. I'm deciding to get either the Sword or the Force Impulse. Do the kit comes with the multi pack connector..??
Yup, the Force Impulse comes with a multi pack connector. Don't remember if the Sword Impulse does, though.

Old 2010-05-01, 03:53   Link #17386
RAVNEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Yup, the Force Impulse comes with a multi pack connector. Don't remember if the Sword Impulse does, though.
I see...thanks for the info again. Today i've see the MG Sword & Force Impulse at a local shop, their price are MYR 185 - MYR 180. Look like 2 weeks from now i would buy the MG Sword Impulse,coz it has more weapon & i like melee gundam.

Finally i've done panel lining on the MG Freedom, I better get started on Arche & 00 Seven Sword G after this. Err...certainly had problem with it decals...

Spoiler for the freedom & blue frame:
Old 2010-05-01, 07:12   Link #17387
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Question about painting. Now after applying primer, is it recommended to paint it immediately or is it okay to sort of leave it for awhile; IE like a few days maybe?

The reason I asked is because I may have limited time in each session to work with something so I was wondering if I can separate the work out. Like spend one session priming the kit, then the next session to paint over it.

Are they major disadvantages to just leaving primed surfaces for too long without painting over it?
Old 2010-05-01, 09:18   Link #17388
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Question about painting. Now after applying primer, is it recommended to paint it immediately or is it okay to sort of leave it for awhile; IE like a few days maybe?

The reason I asked is because I may have limited time in each session to work with something so I was wondering if I can separate the work out. Like spend one session priming the kit, then the next session to paint over it.

Are they major disadvantages to just leaving primed surfaces for too long without painting over it?
it dont really matter just to keep it from getting dusty or dirty.
Old 2010-05-01, 11:00   Link #17389
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
more on HG 1.5 Gundam kit

http://www.amiami.jp/shop?vgForm=Pro...te=review.html
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 12:19   Link #17390
ashtaron

Arrow Astray Red Frame Backpack

Hi,

Does anyone here know how to attach/modify the 1/100 HG Astray Red Frame's backpack so if can be fitted to the MG Astray Red Frame? Like seen here:

http://www.geocities.jp/hobby_no_tor...stray-red.html

Thanks in advance!
ashtaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 18:38   Link #17391
beamknight87
Gold Saint

ashtaron: That's exactly what I did with mine. You only need to cut a spare polycap in order for it to fit inside the square hole in the bare back of the MG Red Frame, so then you can attach the connector of the HG 1/100 backpack there.

In-depth explanation (image taken from yunamon's site)

Blue circle: you need a spare polycap and cut it or sand it in order for it to fit right in the square-shaped hole in the middle of the bare back of the MG Red Frame.

Red circle: you need some kind of bridge to connect both polycaps on the lower back of the MG Red Frame and the one of the 1/100 backpack connector. For that, you just need to cut from a runner a little extension. Given that it comes cylinder shaped it fits perfectly on both sides so you just slide it inside both polycaps. You may want to use a bit of white glue to reinforce it.

That way the beam saber backpack looks really natural on the MG, as the proportions don't change all that much and allow you to build the classic Red Frame instead of attaching to it the monstrous backpack the Tactical Arms is lol.

Last edited by beamknight87; 2010-05-01 at 21:56.
beamknight87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 21:25   Link #17392
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Anyone know of any kit bashes for the Shell Flag?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 05:49   Link #17393
DC23

Send a message via Yahoo to DC23
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventhsequence View Post
hi guys
does anyone here know how to make a resin mould for an MK base?

i bought a PG-00 raiser COLOR CLEAR BODY model kit on a return trip through Taiwan to NZ earlier last month. it cost me a mere NT880 (about 27USD), so i bought it without any second thoughts.

however,
i did not know that it was intended as a replacement parts kit for the PG-00 raiser.
i dont plan on getting the PG 00raiser sometime soon; too expensive atm.
but i was thinking of sticking the c.clear body parts onto a resin mould of a 1/60 00-raiser.

Can it be done?

Resin users out there i need your help
and would appreciate it.
thanks
I think bro you don't need a base...you just need to glue the clear parts together and voila! you have a 1/60 PG 00.
DC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 08:03   Link #17394
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Okay, simple question regarding painting. Does anybody know a good primer:thinner ratio that I can use? I mean want make sure I don't waste too much thinner or primer and primer.

I also would like to point out that this is the first time Im using primer of any sort, so yes Im relatively inexperienced in the primer using department. Any advice regarding the matter would be appretiated. Thanks.
Old 2010-05-03, 09:53   Link #17395
RAVNEN

Just finished all the panel lining on 1/144 00 Gundam 7S/G kit. I'm very satisfied with it,now to have some break before going on MG Sword Impulse..

Spoiler for saving space...:

Wow the armament seem so black-ish...awesome.

http://www.dalong.net/review/00/0h62/0h62_p.htm

Last edited by RAVNEN; 2010-05-03 at 11:51.
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 11:52   Link #17396
JC...
I am a Pie

Having gone through the process of hand painting a kit and spray painting I don't respect non painted models as much as I used to...
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 12:01   Link #17397
RAVNEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
Having gone through the process of hand painting a kit and spray painting I don't respect non painted models as much as I used to...
Well it's up to modeler preference...a lay back modeler like me only use gundam marker to paint & panel lining. I might try hand painting someday...
Old 2010-05-03, 13:37   Link #17398
X207
Gamyūsa

ive done most of the paiting of my 144 akatsuki. ive yet to assemble the dragoons on the shiranui pack as i yet need red paint on the ends of it. ive located the positions of the decals as per the instructions but its been a very long time since i used decals. how do apply the decals on the individual dragoons and the other decal areas? is it easier to use water or etch it?
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 16:12   Link #17399
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
ive pretty much never gone without painting a kit. when i first got into gunpla 15 years ago i went out and got one of those testers paint sets. Ive always hated foil stickers and the way kits look with no paint. I honestly don't believe people who just out of the box build really deserve any kind of praise because you might as well be getting a action figure from a store. Painting isnt very hard to do even if you just start off with just the eyes and small details here and there. It shouldnt really take that long either if you have enough time to take pics of your kits you have enough time to paint them. Thats just me though, but it does seem like a waste of a good model to just build it and not do anything with it.
Old 2010-05-03, 17:03   Link #17400
GNWeapon
On Trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by vektar View Post
ive pretty much never gone without painting a kit. when i first got into gunpla 15 years ago i went out and got one of those testers paint sets. Ive always hated foil stickers and the way kits look with no paint. I honestly don't believe people who just out of the box build really deserve any kind of praise because you might as well be getting a action figure from a store. Painting isnt very hard to do even if you just start off with just the eyes and small details here and there. It shouldnt really take that long either if you have enough time to take pics of your kits you have enough time to paint them. Thats just me though, but it does seem like a waste of a good model to just build it and not do anything with it.
I fully agree with you.
GNWeapon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy