AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-07, 23:04   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
Old 2009-04-07, 23:09   Link #2
marvelB

Well, might as well carry this over from the last thread:

Spoiler for 539:

So.... we don't have 100% confirmation yet, but so far signs are pointing towards both Iva and Inazuma being part of Dragon's rebel army, which is why they're imprisoned. Iva finds out that both Luffy and Ace are his sons, so he decides to help Luffy rescue his brother. This seems to be the most credible spoiler out of all the fakes that appeared......
Old 2009-04-07, 23:29   Link #3
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

This is a nice development. Ever since the appearance of the Okama version of Kokoro as Iwa, things are proceeding at a fine explanatory pace. Right now, with Dragon, same thing is happening. I would like a good portion of the chapter to be dedicated to Iwa's past, but unless he is a crucial character for the future, that may not be the case. But, I guess wanting to learn about someone's past to learn more about another character is not a fair request.

Of course, Iwa might use Luffy's incredibly fast paced recovery as another supporting statement for his connection to Dragon, but, maybe another character may also be involved. Maybe Luffy's mother. Who knows. But, it is interesting that Iwa was not aware of the connection between Dragon and Garp. Guess that shows even Dragon has secrets he couldn't share with people very close to him.

But, with that connection it will become difficult to make a choice after they rescue Ace, regarding Iwa and Bon-chan. I am not sure why Iwa would want to go to his kingdom, if he desires to go back to Dragon. Sure that would mean more pain for Sanji, but, he must have gotten used to the catch and throw trannies by now.
Old 2009-04-07, 23:57   Link #4
junte86

Now I am just curious about Dragon... is he really a good guy or bad guy?
I know since this is a shounen manga and the way he was presented it might be ace misjudging his father... but I wonder Dragon has some dark secret.. after all Ace might have some good reason about hating his father....

anyway its good that Iwa is accompanying Luffy... Luffy needs a lot of help to break ace out of here.. especially since even if you get out of impel down there are many marine battle ships to deal with... I hope this is real.. since it makes a lot of sense about Iva being in Impel down and with his hormone ability he might be able to inject luffy some anti-poison hormone to make him able to fight with Magellan..
Old 2009-04-08, 00:09   Link #5
Master Mold
Banned

Dragon is a bum.
Old 2009-04-08, 01:08   Link #6
james0246

Like a thirsty man in a desert that just found their saving grace in a singular cactus, Oda has provided me/us, once again, with a tantalizing piece of information that makes me salivate in anticipation for upcoming events (Phenomenal may complain/comment about Oda stretching out his story, but I personally love the anticipation).

I loved Iva's comments regarding the WG baiting both Whitebeard and Dragon. I can't help but think that the WG has something truly insidious cooked up to combat both forces at once. Could there be another level to the Pacifistas we did not see? Or, maybe they have been sufficiently mass-produced now? Suffice to say, I can't wait for more info.
Old 2009-04-08, 01:34   Link #7
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I don't see Dragon as someone to directly attack WG. Also, I wonder who is more important for him Ace or Luffy. Or maybe none of them is as important as the usual family relationships dictate. Based on the initial impressions, Dragon does not look like someone to risk his actual target for his family. He didn't appear so until now.

And, considering the hidden information shared between Kuma and Rayleigh, there may be more to the relationship between some WG-obeying forces and the enemies of them (Dragon). So, Dragon may not even need to move his finger for the things to move his way. I don't know how much WG would be aware of something like that. But, it is very likely that none. But, in case they are aware, then that may mean making some Dragon supporting forces surface with that execution. But, how many of those forces are actually aware of the relationship? Iwa was one of the clueless ones.
Old 2009-04-08, 04:09   Link #8
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

this is all starting to make sense now. if the spoiler really is true than the war that the goverment wanted was not only with WB but with Dragon as well. they want to change the world with one battle rarther then go after the two seperatly.

just read some of the earlier posts and i see someone got there before me. *shucks*

this is what Kuma must have suspected. and the reason he talked to Rayling during the battle. i mean Ace is a big prize but there is no need for a public executation. the last one taht we know of was Roger. as far as i can remember there has not been a mention of another.

no wonder the Wg bough everyone in. i kept wondering why they are bringing everyone. because a s big a thret as WB is i would have thought that some of the big gyus would be able to handle him. not beat him but at least fight on par. people like sengoku, garp and even the 3 admirals. i would think that those guys would be able to at least fight on the same level.

also i would think that the big guys would know the relationship between the family. i would think that they are all very well informed.

man and i thought that i was impressed last week. but, this is far beyond what i had imagened.
Old 2009-04-08, 04:18   Link #9
junte86

I agree with you kayote but about the publix execution I think
there can be many PE and it was just not mentioned..
remember it is a grand age for pirates and WB doesnt like that.
So I guess whenever they have a notorious or famous pirate they might just regularly do some PE just to make sure people not to become a pirate..(Too many people wanting to be a pirate is indeed a problem..)
Old 2009-04-08, 04:57   Link #10
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

^^^ not nessecerly. because if they really were huge then WG would lock them up in level 6 and let them suffer. or at least one of the levels.
Old 2009-04-08, 05:56   Link #11
kari-no-sugata

Full raw is out, though very LQ.

Seeing Luffy eat was pretty crazy! LOL. Though he looks okay, Iwa has to give him an adrenaline shot. Iwa brings up Dragon, though I can't read the text to tell why - seems to be explaining something to the other prisoners / new-kamas. Luffy casually adds "yeah, he's my dad". Iwa sure is surprised

Anyway, Luffy, Iwa and Inazuma run directly through Level 5 (wasting those wolves) to Level 6 entrance - Iwa says it should take 1-2 minutes if they don't hide and just run. Hannyabal is in the monitor room and sees this - I think he orders all the traps in Level 6 to be activated or something. Magellan is right outside Ace's cage!
Old 2009-04-08, 06:34   Link #12
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Damn, Oda already had a big invitation list for people turning up in this big party, now he's even trying to get Dragon into it. I don't know how epic this is going to become.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-04-08, 06:57   Link #13
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Full raw is out, though very LQ.

Seeing Luffy eat was pretty crazy! LOL. Though he looks okay, Iwa has to give him an adrenaline shot. Iwa brings up Dragon, though I can't read the text to tell why - seems to be explaining something to the other prisoners / new-kamas. Luffy casually adds "yeah, he's my dad". Iwa sure is surprised

Anyway, Luffy, Iwa and Inazuma run directly through Level 5 (wasting those wolves) to Level 6 entrance - Iwa says it should take 1-2 minutes if they don't hide and just run. Hannyabal is in the monitor room and sees this - I think he orders all the traps in Level 6 to be activated or something. Magellan is right outside Ace's cage!
Spoiler for just in case:

I did notice something while I was reading the current Detective Conan chapter. The current suspect in the case is named Nami.
Old 2009-04-08, 08:11   Link #14
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Damn, Oda already had a big invitation list for people turning up in this big party, now he's even trying to get Dragon into it. I don't know how epic this is going to become.
We've known for some time already that Ace was Dragon's son and speculated that Dragon could get involved - remember Ace and Garp's conversation?

I'm curious how much the WG knows about Ace and Garp? Are they expecting/hoping for Dragon to try something? Or are they hoping that he won't? Among the WG and Marines it can't be that well known that Ace is Dragon's son, but it seems unlikely that nobody except Garp knows.

Iwa thinks that if the WG knows, they wouldn't want to provoke Whitebeard and Dragon simultaneously... so maybe they have some hidden objective.

PS FoxxFireArt - this is a thread dedicated to chapter 539. No need for spoiler tags here - so long as it's about 539.
Old 2009-04-08, 08:21   Link #15
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
We've known for some time already that Ace was Dragon's son and speculated that Dragon could get involved - remember Ace and Garp's conversation?
Of course I know that lol

But I'm saying this arc has brought in all 7 Shichibukai, all the big shots of Marines, 3 Yonkou, Baroque Works, Buggy, all gathered in Impel Down, we don't know if the Admirals will be showing up, or if any of the Supernovae that Kizaru may have thrown into Impel Down may turn up.

Now Oda adds Dragon into the this grand opening party to the New World.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-04-08, 08:45   Link #16
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Of course I know that lol

But I'm saying this arc has brought in all 7 Shichibukai, all the big shots of Marines, 3 Yonkou, Baroque Works, Buggy, all gathered in Impel Down, we don't know if the Admirals will be showing up, or if any of the Supernovae that Kizaru may have thrown into Impel Down may turn up.

Now Oda adds Dragon into the this grand opening party to the New World.
Well, you're writing it like you never thought of it before... Though this is the first time us readers are being "officially" warned an attack from Dragon is on the cards

Anyway, it's interesting to get a bit more insight on Dragon. The feeling I get is that he has tried to put his family from his mind to concentrate fully on the task ahead of him, but even still, he thinks about them subconsciously. I wonder if he changed a bit between that flashback with Iwa and when he turned up at Logue town, or was that more of a co-incidence...?

The images are too low quality to really make out what's going on, but I think Iwa brought up Dragon because he had a similarly ridiculous high life-force as Luffy or something. After seeing Luffy's life-force in action, Iwa finds it very believable that Luffy is Dragon's son.
Old 2009-04-08, 08:55   Link #17
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, might as well carry this over from the last thread:

Spoiler for 539:

So.... we don't have 100% confirmation yet, but so far signs are pointing towards both Iva and Inazuma being part of Dragon's rebel army, which is why they're imprisoned. Iva finds out that both Luffy and Ace are his sons, so he decides to help Luffy rescue his brother. This seems to be the most credible spoiler out of all the fakes that appeared......
I hope it's true. It sounds like good development. As Iva-san says it on this scan, the World Government might try to bait WB and Dragon.

Are they trying to get their ass kicked O_o

Anyway, I hope it's true. I want to see Dragon in action
Old 2009-04-08, 09:19   Link #18
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Iwa might just know Dragon's full name. It would be hard to fiqure out that Ace is his son when they have diffrent last names, but Luffy is the opposite of that.

I don't think that this "trap" will work on Dragon, because he has a pretty good inside man (at least one). Kuma is the closest to WG among Shichibukai, and he also works with Vagapunk that invents all the toys for WG.
Old 2009-04-08, 11:30   Link #19
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
Iwa might just know Dragon's full name. It would be hard to fiqure out that Ace is his son when they have diffrent last names, but Luffy is the opposite of that.

I don't think that this "trap" will work on Dragon, because he has a pretty good inside man (at least one). Kuma is the closest to WG among Shichibukai, and he also works with Vagapunk that invents all the toys for WG.
Or maybe Vegapunk is actually working for Dragon behind the shadows. Maybe that is why a government dog is waiting in front for him.
Old 2009-04-08, 11:38   Link #20
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post

Yup, I think Iwa had no mean to know that Portgas D. Ace is actually Monkey D. Ace, son of Monkey D. Dragon.

I am not sure to understand. You mean that Kuma is in fact working with Dragon?
Closed Thread