AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-02-05, 13:05   Link #101
bulukan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
At first I wasnt sure if I would keep reading this, I didnt like the idea Harutora became a servant. But once Kon entered the manga, it became more fun and interesting.

As for Hokuto, I've my own thoery on it. I posted this on another forum.

I speculate that Hakuto was Touji's Shikigami. Hes knows too much about everything, he was also supportive about him becoming a Omuyihoweveritsspelt but didnt push it because Hakuto was. The moments before Hakutos *death* he was last to talk to Harutora via phone about already it being too late to avoid an encounter. From that moment Hakuto showed from nowhere and protect him with the final words "why wouldnt you answer your phone". The author tried afterwards to emphasis a connection with natsume and a ribbon tied in her hair. But it could of been any ribbon and why would she steal it from Hakuto when she didnt go to the festival herself in the first place. so it had me poundering a little. But I thought of it as a decoy on the authors behalf because hes making it *too* obvious. Its later revaled that ribbon is the one possibly lost in the garden belonging to Kyoko. The 2nd decoy is its named after Natsumes Gouhou Shikigami? A clever ploy of diversion. Toujis too mysterious on motives/connections and with analzying the information I just mentioned. I am specuating its him. Also hes a good close friend with some pretty funny bro jokes, which is normal for friends, but it stacks up here. Touji has also claimed to have seen a real Oni? O-o You dont get that from reading fan books and magazines ? right?

Another fact that has me a little confused tho, is Natsume now using Baka-tora, Harutoras nickname from Hakuto. Its plausable Natume learned from Touji, as Touji has used it a few times. The main reason I've ruled out Natusme is because the time when Hakuto came to Harutoras rescue, she had no power and was pretty much passed out in the back of a taxi. She didnt really know what was going on. Those decoys stand out pretty obvious as well.

I also have my own theory that Harutora is the actual reincation of Yakou. The crutial part being the *bad luck* curse of his. I beleive it may be something like a side effect of the reincarnation. Of course theres many other factors I see play in it aswell, such as Kon. But because Natsume is strong and from the main house, so they think its her right?. Noone suspects a *supposely* weak guy from a branch house O_o. Which comes back to, why was a Shinigami like Hakuto watching over him and encouraging him to never give up finding his power? Like I've mentioned, I think Touji is involved somehow.

I wish this manga would release faster >< I am interested much in this O_o plus I want more Kon <3
Hokuto is Touji Shikigami ? lol

just read again chapter 5, the answer is already obvious...
bulukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 17:39   Link #102
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulukan View Post
Hokuto is Touji Shikigami ? lol

just read again chapter 5, the answer is already obvious...
Yeah, he should take his time rereading chapter 5 instead of wasting his time typing his speculations that long...
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 20:37   Link #103
kagato3

Velsy, biggest flaw with your theroy that Hakuto was Touji's Shikigami is that chapter 5 showed Touji didn't know who's Shikigami she was and it worried him untill he met Natsume for the first time ( and it looked like Natume knew who he was). Afterward he starts playing with Natsume by pointing out he can ID a Shikigami on sight and points out the ribbon and when Harutora still doesn't get it Touji restated that Bakatora is a fitting nickname (note Natsume had been useing it before Touji showed up). There is just too much info that points to Natsume = Hakuto such as how she keeps leting slip things she shouldn't know (like last chapters mention of how their "date" reminded her of the stuff they would do together before Touji showed up), her personality being more then a little close when she is not being "the mask", and Hakuto being the only female that doesn't hit Natsume's jealousy button.

Touji does have his secrets and I'm sure he is working for someone watching Harutora but I'm not sure who yet.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 06:36   Link #104
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post

Touji does have his secrets and I'm sure he is working for someone watching Harutora but I'm not sure who yet.
Hard to swallow that possibility.

Let alone digest
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 07:03   Link #105
Iggy_Pop

Touji does have a secret, but it's no that he's working for anyone. His secret will be revealed around chapter 20 or so IIRC.
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 07:20   Link #106
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_Pop View Post
Touji does have a secret, but it's no that he's working for anyone. His secret will be revealed around chapter 20 or so IIRC.
Yes. Though I can't read Jap, I discerned some of it from the images
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 09:09   Link #107
Iron Maw
Banned

To anyone who has read the RAWS
Spoiler for :
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 09:17   Link #108
Johnny
Working the bags...

As of ch 31...
Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 09:32   Link #109
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
As of ch 31...
Spoiler:
I see.
Spoiler:
Old 2013-02-12, 09:45   Link #110
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I see.
Spoiler:
She's the one they fought early on that 'killed' Hokuto...
Old 2013-02-12, 09:52   Link #111
Iron Maw
Banned

Oh! The that ten heavenly general kid or whatever. I had completely forgotten about her existence, due to irregularity of the releases.
Old 2013-02-12, 14:22   Link #112
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Oh! The that ten heavenly general kid or whatever. I had completely forgotten about her existence, due to irregularity of the releases.
It's 12 of those... She's the only one who's a teenager so far, the rest are over 20 to grandfather.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 14:45   Link #113
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Velsy, biggest flaw with your theroy that Hakuto was Touji's Shikigami is that chapter 5 showed Touji didn't know who's Shikigami she was and it worried him untill he met Natsume for the first time ( and it looked like Natume knew who he was). Afterward he starts playing with Natsume by pointing out he can ID a Shikigami on sight and points out the ribbon and when Harutora still doesn't get it Touji restated that Bakatora is a fitting nickname (note Natsume had been useing it before Touji showed up). There is just too much info that points to Natsume = Hakuto such as how she keeps leting slip things she shouldn't know (like last chapters mention of how their "date" reminded her of the stuff they would do together before Touji showed up), her personality being more then a little close when she is not being "the mask", and Hakuto being the only female that doesn't hit Natsume's jealousy button.

Thank you for the decent reply, I had gotten frustrated at being made fun of and removed my earlier posts at the time. Yes the part he was working out who it may be is one part that works against him. Because I just couldnt feel he was attempting to hide something. My thoughts are mainly based on the most likely candiate for the owner of Hakuto. Summing up my thoughts, hes too suspicious, he knows just about everything related to spirit powers, hes been connected to all the scenes invovling Hakuto and was present when she was around. Also claims to have seen a real Oni. Natsume also seems afraid of him and seems like she knew him before . He also transfered with Harutora and doesnt seem like your average highschool student right. He seems to intentionally gotten close to Harutora, friend or not.

I guess a few reasons why I thought Natsume could be a possible decoy. One being that both Hakuto and Touji were both trying to convince him to become a Onmyoji, but Natsume on the other hand wanted him to become her slave/servant. Using same name as her summon servant too, would Natsume really make a giant blunder like that?. But it is as you say, I have noticed it. She get flusted for no reason at weird times. So that kinda is odd. As far as I know Hakuto was a spirit, so I havent consided they have the same personality. Which I do think was different between the 2. In the end I guess I felt Touji has alot more going for him. Being most likely.

I still keep my opinion that Harutora is actually Yaukos reincanation, for reasons I have said before. I also find it quite plausable that Hakuto may of been protecting him for that reason. So someone like Touji may already know, or the person working behind Touji?, or if I am wrong and it's someone else. He might seem powerless now, but it plausable he hasnt awakened, or his abilities are quite different than the norm. Thats my guess.

Kinda went longer than I wanted. But if I am wrong, I'm wrong. I'll take it with a grain of salt. In the end I am more focued on if I am right with Harutora being the true reincanation. Thats my true mystery of this series. And if I haven't mentioned yet.... <3 Kon ^_~

Last edited by Velsy; 2013-02-18 at 22:41.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 20:57   Link #114
Johnny
Working the bags...

lilham7 over at jcafe was kind enough to give a brief summary of the latest volumes in the LN...
Spoiler for volume 8/9 major spoilers for Harutora/Natsume:
Old 2013-03-24, 17:03   Link #115
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Harutora is so well loved.

Poor guy. Surrender to your master and never look at another girl again, right?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 17:13   Link #116
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Lol. It's a TRAP!
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 17:18   Link #117
blackwhite67
Banned

I think I just died a little.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 18:47   Link #118
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

omg.... a cute TRAP....

Harutora got a horrible bad-luck....
Kon-Natsume alliance is so funny
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 01:44   Link #119
Velsy

I've like Kon, up until this last chapter. Shes suppose to be somthing like his guardian and yet she did nothing but make problems for him. I've lost some respect for her. Natsume pretty much just showning her inner bitch. Jun is absolutiy right, Harutora can do anything he absoluty wants. Tho I'm not one to liking people who decieve other innocent people as traps into relationships. If it was to become a friend it would be fine. Touji was great this chapter. He detected something was up. But I really had thought it was his *bad luck* kicking into overdrive O_o

Anway Natume "reminded" me a thing she has made clear before. I went back and checked and I'll show it bellow.

Spoiler for Size:

Their motives don't match. So I'll stand by what I've thought so far ^_^ . One behind Haruto has to also suspect what I suspect ^_^
Probably.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 06:29   Link #120
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Velsy: It's comedy. Nobody died. -_-

Also, Natsume is Hokuto. I don't think there's any sort of twist to that, at all. And his being her shikigami doesn't stop him from learning to become an onmyouji; in fact it makes it mandatory, just like she wanted.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasia bunko, harem, romance, supernatural