AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-12-12, 03:55   Link #1821
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Finally crafted by new goggles. They aren't all that much better than the older ones (aside from more armor, more Stam, and more Int. along with some more spell damage and crit) What I did do while I was at the AH was re-gem everything (also found out I missed an item I had with a slot earlier...later quest rewards with sockets...neat). Gemmed partially into Hit (lots of green gems +8 hit +10 Spell Penetration or Stam) with one solid Hit gem (+16) and one solid Spell Power gem (+19) due to some loss of other damage gems and the damage bonus from the older goggles (replaced with Haste). Plus the new +21 Spell Crit +3% damage to Crits Meta gem to replace the older one on my last set of goggles. Not fulling inot Hit was for item bonuses and to make the Meta work. Could probably re-gem the goggles to +16 hit, but I imagine the +10 Spell Penetration has its uses as well. (on the other hand I only have like 6% hit at 80)

Also at 447 Engineering. Going to need a lot of ore to make a half ton of Gnomish Army Knives to get skill up to 450. Need to spend the next few weeks doing Icecrown and Howling Dailies for Alliance Rep and gold....just 8,000 more to go....

All this for a bike...?
Old 2008-12-12, 05:44   Link #1822
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komori View Post
Where do you see those changes at? I can't find them anywhere.
Guildie got them from www.wotlkwiki.com so not really official, but then again neither is MMO.
Old 2008-12-12, 13:56   Link #1823
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Having done more Icecrown quest....why do I get the feeling we are going to have a raid or event take place under Icecrown...and it is being set up from those few quests with Faceless Ones involved. (A AQ40 type raid/event)

And for and Old God....he sure does bleed alot. I keep picking up his frozen blood all over the Basin and Icecrown.
Old 2008-12-12, 23:39   Link #1824
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Been spending the past few days gearing up my freshly 80 DK through heroics and leeching 10 and 25 mans. Got to do heroic Naxx and Malygos and found them surprisingly easy. Also did some three-drake Sarth attempts this week. Made some good progress towards the end and should have it down this Sunday.

While it's been fun on DK, it's definitely more difficult than previous classes I've played. As unholy, I'm watching for disease refreshes through the SS glyph, watching my runes, as well as my runic power when I pop Gargoyle and trying to keep my ghoul alive (which usually fails). Add that to movement fights like Sarth and it's a handful. I still forget to refresh Winter's Horn sometimes. I'm sure I'll acclimate as time goes on, but it's not like spamming steady shot. My GM wanted AMZ for Sarth so I'm in some bastardized spec now. I'm hoping for some nice gear in the next few weeks so people can stop joking about crap DK dps.
Old 2008-12-13, 01:50   Link #1825
Mr Hat and Clogs

Yeah DK's do take a fair bit of micro-management. It can be.. hectic on some fights when you have to drag a mob around a room, be careful not to kill anyone, watch for your diseases, watch your runes, time your defensive abilities and interrupts for optimal use, check your pet is alive... Yeah but it is good fun though.

Then some scrubby DPS goes and stands in the fire, blinded by his 1 button spam in the quest for BIG NUMBERS! *grumble*

I mean wot.
Old 2008-12-13, 08:35   Link #1826
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Having done more Icecrown quest....why do I get the feeling we are going to have a raid or event take place under Icecrown...and it is being set up from those few quests with Faceless Ones involved. (A AQ40 type raid/event)

And for and Old God....he sure does bleed alot. I keep picking up his frozen blood all over the Basin and Icecrown.
The first thing that popped into my head when I saw one of those Faceless Ones was "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

The fact that these guys charge you with the battlecry "Shur'nab... shur'nab... Yogg-Saron!" makes it pretty clear where their alliance lies. They sure are a big wink to D&D's Mind Flayers.

Yogg-Saron looks a lot like a merger between C'thulhu mythos and Tzeentch. To be honest, I'm more interested in Yogg-Saron then I am in the Lich King. <_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos View Post
While it's been fun on DK, it's definitely more difficult than previous classes I've played. As unholy, I'm watching for disease refreshes through the SS glyph, watching my runes, as well as my runic power when I pop Gargoyle and trying to keep my ghoul alive (which usually fails). Add that to movement fights like Sarth and it's a handful. I still forget to refresh Winter's Horn sometimes. I'm sure I'll acclimate as time goes on, but it's not like spamming steady shot. My GM wanted AMZ for Sarth so I'm in some bastardized spec now. I'm hoping for some nice gear in the next few weeks so people can stop joking about crap DK dps.
I've found spending talents into and glyphing my disease strikes to give very effective DPS, and you don't have to worry about refreshing diseases. I always take the six extra seconds of disease time for multiple mob encounters. Paste the diseases, spread them around, and hope Wandering Plague procs (which, when 10 mobs have two procable diseases on them, happens more often then not). I always take 3 into Improved Icy Touch. I'm not saying no to 30% extra damage on one of the skills I keep spamming.

Ghouls are expendable anyway, so don't spend too much effort keeping them alive. Night of the Dead takes care of that, as you can just summon another one as fast as they fall. Next patch Night of the Dead will also give them a 70% AoE avoidance, so they'll be lasting longer.

I find myself guilty as charged on Winter's Horn. But that just takes some time getting used to.

Could you show me your current spec? I'm curious as to how you spend your points.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-12-13 at 08:51.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 08:52   Link #1827
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Yeah DK's do take a fair bit of micro-management. It can be.. hectic on some fights when you have to drag a mob around a room, be careful not to kill anyone, watch for your diseases, watch your runes, time your defensive abilities and interrupts for optimal use, check your pet is alive... Yeah but it is good fun though.

Then some scrubby DPS goes and stands in the fire, blinded by his 1 button spam in the quest for BIG NUMBERS! *grumble*

I mean wot.
I out DPSed a Ret Paladin with close to the same Gear as mine by twice the amount of everyone else

the person in 2nd place did like 10590+ Total Damage, while I did 30000+ total damage. and I just got my Rep to Exalted for Ebon Blade, who should I go for next? Wyrvm or Argent Crusade?

BLOOD RULES!
I think Unholy is Overrated and is used too much. That shit causes Nerfs.
Old 2008-12-13, 08:57   Link #1828
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Ironic, I have the reverse. Blood's survivability and DPS package makes it the most used spec on my server.

And how does it cause nerfs?
Old 2008-12-13, 09:25   Link #1829
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos View Post
I'm sure I'll acclimate as time goes on, but it's not like spamming steady shot.
Hey, that's not as easy as you think! I almost got a finger cramp one time from spamming that one button so hard, it would have all been over if that happened. But seriously, it's really amazing how many hunters fail at such a simple concept. Have seen people with same spec and better gear do significantly less damage than me (and the tank. /kyonfacepalm) I always have people telling me I'm good but it's really hard to respond to that since I am only pushing one button, plus a few others when the cooldown is up.

On another note all these points about fresh 80s getting into 25 man raids, while my guild does mostly nothing, have finally pushed me to the brink. If Naxx is not absolutely flawless today I am gquitting on the spot.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 10:03   Link #1830
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I've only done 10-man Naxx so far, and it's been far from flawless. We do need a tad better gear to perform effectively though, not to mention most of us never did Naxx before.
Old 2008-12-13, 11:05   Link #1831
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Ironic, I have the reverse. Blood's survivability and DPS package makes it the most used spec on my server.

And how does it cause nerfs?
I think it comes from the idea that players whine and Blizzard nerfs them. Then again people have been whining about DKs since day 1 about trivial and easily countered things... (i.e. They said Ghoul form was OP. A Paladin will melt their face off in about 5 seconds)
Old 2008-12-13, 11:42   Link #1832
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I tend to just use explode when I'm in Ghoul form while I still have a chance and be done with it. Ghoul form is nice, but it's full duration only becomes useful in larger-scale PVP scenarios, where people have more to focus on then just you.

I actually fought another Unholy DK while leveling in Outlands during a PVP quest. I was still frost at that time, and yet I could beat the Unholy Death Knight and his Ghoul form. It was a tense fight, with me being on my last few percentages of life, but that only made the fight even more fun. And the victory even sweeter.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-12-13 at 12:03.
Old 2008-12-13, 12:34   Link #1833
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So....why is there such a huge gap in getting hit capped? I have 155 presently and for Destruction Warlocks the cap is 368....but I only need 79 to be capped for a level 82....79-368? 6% to 17% for one level? I know some of you casters are nearing hit cap, but it must take instance gear or better as I don't see me getting much past 200 with what I have left to gather from quests + gems.
Old 2008-12-13, 12:47   Link #1834
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I tend to just use explode when I'm in Ghoul form while I still have a chance and be done with it. Ghoul form is nice, but it's full duration only becomes useful in larger-scale PVP scenarios, where people have more to focus on then just you.

I actually fought another Unholy DK while leveling in Outlands during a PVP quest. I was still frost at that time, and yet I could beat the Unholy Death Knight and his Ghoul form. It was a tense fight, with me being on my last few percentages of life, but that only made the fight even more fun. And the victory even sweeter.
You should know they just BAAAAW about anything new
Ghoul form is ridiculously easy to counter. It also has the biggest signal that it's about to go off too.
Old 2008-12-13, 18:22   Link #1835
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
If Naxx is not absolutely flawless today I am gquitting on the spot.
Lol, funny story, our 10 man Naxx the other night stumbled into The Safety Dance achievement, I was kinda shocked that no one ballsed it up.

Quote:
BLOOD RULES! I think Unholy is Overrated and is used too much.
I think all the spec's are good and a lot of fun all three are interesting play styles. However in beta for the longest time it was Blood that had all the attention like Unholy is getting now but soon as the damage was reduced to be 'normal' people abandoned ship to 'easier' pastures. First was Blood with its immortality from bloodworms, then Unholy with its 10K hit Scourge Strikes, then Frost with its 6k Icy Touch's.

The nerf to stuff like Shadow of Death doesn't affect me at all, since I usually blow myself up instantly to avoid repair bills!

Myself I've always prefered Unholy because it is as close to a Necromancer as I'll get to play in WoW. Frost plays like a Lich and Blood like a Vampire, well that's the vibes I get from the other two trees (and there are talents to support that idea too)!

Quote:
So....why is there such a huge gap in getting hit capped?
Check out this page for more info on spell hit. From what you are saying it sounds like you only need 79 hit because of your hit talents without those talents you would need more spell hit to cap yourself. I think the reason it scales soo high is too limit DPS, and it gives blizzard something to itemize for PvE'rs otherwise they'd be going for crit and pure damage which would probably quickly scale out of control and outstrip players who can't get that gear.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2008-12-13 at 18:36.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 21:53   Link #1836
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Its easy to counter people who complain about DK's just say "Not my fault you suck at getting used to a NEW CLASS"

I did Naxx today and was 3rd in DPS, next to 2 other DK's
Old 2008-12-13, 22:03   Link #1837
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Naxx today ended up a lot better than I expected, totally cleared 3 wings and then downed Patchwerk in the 4th, and I ended up with T7 chest. Guess I am sticking around a bit after all, though I may try to get in 25 mans out of guild since I still don't see those happening anytime soon, just not enough people.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-14, 01:18   Link #1838
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Finally got to see a Sartahrion 25 kill today. Loot from him sucks though - for casters, anyway.

The Naxx 25 I was in 2 nights ago couldn't down Thaddius. They got to within 5% but one to three people would always die and leave the raid just short on DPS. I am appalled that people can't understand the concept of the charges.

Got into a so-so Naxx 10 which I had to carry along with the Resto Druid in terms of explanation, major roles and the like. I almost had to solo kite adds on Gluth and did it properly every time depsite not having done it ever before, even more amazing since I don't have many slow talent points in my Frost tree. Spider, Plague, 3/4 of Construct and 1/3 of Military cleared 6 hours later, which was a fair miracle since most of the group were clueless. Was consistently top 2 on DPS and avoided doing silly stuff. Other mage died so much on Grobbulus, Razuvious and Gluth that it wasn't funny. Even worse was that when we tried Thaddius, half of them couldn't make the jump across...Real downside for me was I was the only person who didn't get loot. -_-

One upside for the day was I got Snarly's Bucket from the Shattrath fishing daily, so I now have the rare croc baby pet Snarly. If I can get hold of Stormchops and Rumsey's Lager, I can finally kiss those Shattrath dailies goodbye.

I'm taking a break until I can secure playing from home, then I'll apply to a top end guild. Pugs just fail and 10 man loot just isn't worth the time.
Old 2008-12-14, 04:02   Link #1839
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Ummm a question: Have any of you looked at the bottom of the water in the Weeping Quary of Icecrown?

I'm scared now.
Old 2008-12-14, 04:11   Link #1840
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
Other mage died so much on Grobbulus, Razuvious and Gluth that it wasn't funny. Even worse was that when we tried Thaddius, half of them couldn't make the jump across...

Quote:
Ummm a question: Have any of you looked at the bottom of the water in the Weeping Quary of Icecrown?
I've been told to look around when I'm near the Quarry, and to listen carefully, but I keep forgetting. I need to go do those quests.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows