AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-13, 02:01   Link #21
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

HOLY HELL!

*bash head to wall*

I didnt recognized Nanase's voice ;_;

Killed myself ;_;
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-05-13, 02:40   Link #22
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Kuwashima-san's voice depends on the type of characters she's choosen for.

1) Steely ladies (Clare and the AA vice-captain from Gundam Seed do kinda sound alike)
2) Young girls, borderline cases (Flay and Stellar)
3) Tomboys (Kagura in Azumanga + her roles in some harem games/anime)
4) Young boys (Kokubunji Minoru in Chobits and Bocca in Melody of Oblivion)

Within each category, her voice will sound alike, but across categories, they are different.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2008-05-15 at 00:58.
Old 2008-05-13, 03:02   Link #23
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

Honestly, I don't know. Kuwashima never voiced for the character type that of Medusa. Who is a completely utter insane psychotic heartless bitch. God, she is happy and entertained when she spit out those cruel words in volume 6. And that laugh close in the end of the same volume.... I am sorry, not saying Kuwashima is bad, just... It is like what.... asking an actress of no previous experience of total insane character type to voice a female equivalent of Lezard Valeth out of blue? I can't see that working. (Yes, I see Medusa as hard as Lezard Valeth in terms of the difficulty to voice. And Lezard was no simple job even for Koyasu Takehito.)

But then, if Kuwashima do pull it off, my respect of her is so going to sky rocket.
Old 2008-05-13, 07:21   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Looking forward to hear Maaya Sakamoto play one of the new characters who shall be appearing in episode 07.
Old 2008-05-13, 18:32   Link #25
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niu View Post
Honestly, I don't know. Kuwashima never voiced for the character type that of Medusa. Who is a completely utter insane psychotic heartless bitch. God, she is happy and entertained when she spit out those cruel words in volume 6. And that laugh close in the end of the same volume.... I am sorry, not saying Kuwashima is bad, just... It is like what.... asking an actress of no previous experience of total insane character type to voice a female equivalent of Lezard Valeth out of blue? I can't see that working. (Yes, I see Medusa as hard as Lezard Valeth in terms of the difficulty to voice. And Lezard was no simple job even for Koyasu Takehito.)

But then, if Kuwashima do pull it off, my respect of her is so going to sky rocket.
Well, she doesn't do evil characters very often, although she has done psycho ones. I guess it's just a mix of what she has voiced before.
Old 2008-05-21, 20:43   Link #26
Westlo
Lets be reality

I guess we can safely say that Kuwashima has done a good job with Medusa in episode 7, though the real test is next week!
Old 2008-05-21, 20:47   Link #27
Medousa
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Medousa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I guess we can safely say that Kuwashima has done a good job with Medusa in episode 7, though the real test is next week!
Yeah ... Kuwashima-san passed the test for now. Medusa-sama is as awesome as always. *w* I want to hear her nurse voice! xD
Old 2008-05-21, 20:58   Link #28
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medousa View Post
Yeah ... Kuwashima-san passed the test for now. Medusa-sama is as awesome as always. *w* I want to hear her nurse voice! xD
If she passes it now, I can hardly see why she'll fail later, unless she's not in the right condition.
Old 2008-05-22, 19:16   Link #29
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Smile

Speaking about Kuwashima voice, is a good idea listen her singing

Old 2008-05-22, 19:50   Link #30
Westlo
Lets be reality

She has a pretty good singing voice for someone who is primarily a voice actor, I think her most well known song is the Stellar theme "Shinkai no Kodoku" from Gundam SEED Destiny.
Old 2008-05-22, 19:52   Link #31
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
She has a pretty good singing voice for someone who is primarily a voice actor, I think her most well known song is the Stellar theme "Shinkai no Kodoku" from Gundam SEED Destiny.
That may be so, but I personally liked a not-so-common gem by her. Check out the song she sang in one of the Hana-Kimi drama CDs. She also voices the female lead, Ashiya Mizuki.
Old 2008-05-23, 07:17   Link #32
Medousa
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Medousa
@Rhyel ~> Never watched this anime, but ... Can't stop listenin' to that! She have a pretty voice ... <3
Old 2008-05-23, 09:41   Link #33
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

That's her character song as Clare in Claymore.
Old 2008-05-23, 10:27   Link #34
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

You know when I first heard Chrona talk I was like....wow that seiyuu sounds familar but Im not as good identifying female seiyuu by ear as I am with males (minus Romi Paku) so I just looked her up on ANN...Sakamoto Maaya...was Haruhi in Ouran!! No wonder I knew it I know she was also in Kanon but I cant picture the voice in my head at the moment cuz Im more used to hearing Haruhi but Chrona does sound a bit like her ^^

Also Medusa's seiyuu was Michiru in ZL which I would have never guessed since Medusa sounds all sexy when she talks
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-05-23, 10:28   Link #35
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I should eat you for not recognizing Kuwashima Houko RAWR
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-05-23, 13:08   Link #36
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medousa View Post
@Rhyel ~> Never watched this anime, but ... Can't stop listenin' to that! She have a pretty voice ... <3
And the Youtube quality is not very good.
Old 2008-05-23, 14:51   Link #37
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I am beginning to appreciate Maka's voice , I love her seiyu one of these days I have to do an article on her
Old 2008-05-23, 19:25   Link #38
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Maka's seiyu is a new girl. I've never heard her name before. Hope that she doesn't become a 1-hit wonder.

Sakamoto-san will always be a singer first in my eyes. Oh, and I see that Ayaka-chan is in the cast as well. She calls Sakamoto-san "One-sama". Check out the interviews in the Ouran DVDs.
Old 2008-05-23, 19:49   Link #39
Zoe

I don't think I would have as much of a problem with Maka's seiyuu if her voice didn't sound so far from the actions on the screen sometimes. Like in episode 7 when she's chewing out soul, the animation clearly shows her yelling, but the volume of her voice isn't really any different from when she's normally talking. The same thing happened in episode 1 a lot.
Old 2008-05-25, 12:57   Link #40
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Maka's seiyu has done a fine job her voice is rough and full of emotions . It denotes/depicts what the character is going through that getting stronger with each passing episode .