AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-01, 16:52   Link #721
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
So what was the moral message in the end?
Spoiler for educational stuff:
HAHA thats exactly what I thought when she went back to finish high school.... lol, that was clearly a message for girls to "stay and finish school" no matter if one day u fall down a demonic well and find a sexy albino-demon who happens to have a thing for u .. lol... Kagome must have the world's most impressive resume in the feudal era, High School diploma, priestess, archer, wife .. damm....
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 17:23   Link #722
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
The series actually offers many indirect messages like this one. Another famous one is
Don't worry if your most powerful weapon is somehow destroyed. Rejoice, you will soon receive a better one.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 01:03   Link #723
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
"Onii-san!"
That was the single ownage statement of the episode.
Old 2010-04-02, 01:20   Link #724
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
That was the single ownage statement of the episode.
Yeah, and when Sesshi said:

.. that was pretty funny too
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 01:49   Link #725
OkamiNoKaze

Wow, Inuyasha gets a Proper end, finally. I rather liked it, yeah it would have been nice to see a mini-Inuyasha running around, after that comment by Sota. I'm glad they showed what everyone else was up to as well, like Koga.

Maybe we can get her to finish Ranma now.
Old 2010-04-02, 14:40   Link #726
Xagzan

It sounded to me like there was some new music in this episode, and also maybe in the previous one, cause I just can't find them on the 3 original OSTs.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 00:01   Link #727
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Question: Were the final act episodes abridged from what remained of the manga? It seems like it. They did about 230 chapters in 26 episodes.
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 23:24   Link #728
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Actually, while the whole "Onii-chan!" exchange was my favorite part as well, my favorite part of the scene was Inuyasha's "That just sounded so wrong."

I would be very interested to hear how Rumiko felt about that conclusion, because one can only assume she left the kiss out of the manga ending for a reason. Obviously that omission was the biggest talking point after the manga end, but I guess I'm a centrist - I don't mind it, but it didn't drive me crazy that it was missing from the manga. It's clear Inu-puppy and Kagome are together in both versions and that's the main thing.

On balance I was quite satisfied with the end. Like most of the last arc of episodes it was a very faithful adaptation, for the most part. In a series that's biggest flaw was rushed pacing in the first half, it was nice to see a relaxing finale that covered only three chapters. My relationship with this story (anime, then manga, then anime again) has gone on so long that it's going to feel very strange not to have any new material to look forward to. I'm glad the anime had a chance to finish telling the story - it would have been wrong otherwise. I wish it had been given the 52 or even 78 eps it would have taken to exhaustively adapt the unfinished chapters, but you can't have everything. Given how shaky things were after the first few episodes I'm quite pleased with how this Final Act turned out...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 03:50   Link #729
blewin

I love the end! I'm not too fussed with the kiss though, can do without it.
and same as everyone else, I really like the part with Kagome calling Sessh big brother. Also great to see Sessh is being considerate and leaving Rin in a human village.

ahhh, it's so sad to see this anime end though.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 10:54   Link #730
Bea Rabbit
Stained Member
*Graphic Designer

I am no interested for final act, but I keep watching this till the end...
but the ending is very delightful, finally.
and please no more season,
a bit dissapoint of how Higurashi-san end being devoted in that world.'
wow, at least the Priest, I dont know his name, like I said I am watching this series without any attractsment. have a cute child and live happily.. I love him too though. <3
Bea Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 19:25   Link #731
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'm still at only seven episodes away to conclude Kanketsu-hen, but I'll continue to enjoy the ride while it lasts.

For episode 18, this was the first and only episode throughout Kanketsu-hen that takes Kagome back to their home at the present era, and she had to face the most dangerous enemy a middle-schooler of her age: the entrance exams.

Spoiler for Episode 19:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 06:40   Link #732
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
takes Kagome back to their home at the present era, and she had to face the most dangerous enemy a middle-schooler of her age: the entrance exams.
For real, school exams were presented to be more serious than stopping Naraku. Heck, unlike Naraku ending your school life earlier to be together with the man of your dreams was impossible! Geez, The priorities in this series are messed up.
Old 2010-04-26, 18:05   Link #733
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
No complaints here, tho I wanted to see a lil Inuyasha running around but I guess that was too much to ask lol I mean after being apart 3 years and getting back together you would imagine that ........... ohh well ... lol

At least Sango and Miroku got down to business and made some cute kids... (^_^) ... those twins were adorable
Can definitely say those two didn't waste time. 3 kids in 3 years. Sure they had twins which spreads it out a little, but still that's quite a number in a short period . At least Miroku has more reasons to overcharge people, he's got a family to support after all.

Definitely think there can't be many complaints about the ending. They handled everything you'd have wanted. The fans got their kiss which really there wasn't a reason not to throw in there. Plus was just nice with how much attention the other characters got. Good to wrap up the jewel in the first half so the rest could be epilogue.

Not a bad call for Rin to spend some time in the village. Although in the end you know she will resume her decision to follow Sesshomaru. A lot more open about showing that he cares with dropping off those gifts every now and then.

Still one of the best moments was definitely the "onii-san" call by Kagome. Both brothers giving her a disturbed look after that .

Really even having things like Koga and Ayame to have the whole thing feel really well concluded. Been a long road but they finished the anime off well.
Old 2010-04-26, 19:18   Link #734
fukarming

Quote:
For real, school exams were presented to be more serious than stopping Naraku. Heck, unlike Naraku ending your school life earlier to be together with the man of your dreams was impossible! Geez, The priorities in this series are messed up.
school exams are more important than fighting Naraku, at least in asian countries. There are plenty of kids killing themselves after failing an exam.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 03:22   Link #735
roriconfan
Banned

^ Geez, the priorities in life there are messed up in general.
...No wonder we love their scenarios.
Old 2010-04-29, 02:18   Link #736
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well here's a take on Inuyasha: Final Act that I found which seems to be significantly less than positive.

There's just one objective problem I have with it....if you are going to savage a work in such a sensational and 4chan rage inspired manner you might want to at least give it the courtesy of getting the episode count right in the header. You might also want to consider getting the start date right as well seeing as how the 3rd of October is not in fact American Independence Day. I mean professionalism and all.....

Anyway I don't know whether I am supposed to take this review seriously, but I find it pretty freaking hilarious regardless of the intent. Hope all you Inuyasha fans do too.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 03:29   Link #737
roriconfan
Banned

It wasn't a bad review; he got the message through nicely.
Old 2010-04-29, 21:45   Link #738
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
It wasn't a bad review; he got the message through nicely.
Oh well...pfft....okay then, I guess as long as you say so that's that then.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 01:53   Link #739
roriconfan
Banned

It was my opinion. What's yours?
Old 2010-05-09, 22:35   Link #740
Xagzan

I'm wondering if this reviewer actually watched it. Sure, there was much less development for the main characters, although clearly not nonexistent, but there was much more for Kohaku, Kikyo, Naraku, and definitely Sesshomaru. I'd even say there was development for Kanna and Kagura, or at least the culmination of Kagura's development from the first series.

So yeah, not sure what show he was watching.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, shounen