Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-11-11, 15:56   Link #5321
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It's not all about "can they?" but also about "will they?"
Of course they will. Just look at the SEED remaster. Some of it are remastered, some of it they took from the SE.

With Destiny, they now have the original master, the SE, as well as any scene they want to take from the SEED Remaster.

It's business as usual.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 18:42   Link #5322
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Of course they will.
You seem pretty confident considering that there’s no confirmation news that they “will” even remaster Destiny.

Are the scenes they took from SEED SE stock footage of MSs blowing up? I forgot.
Old 2012-11-12, 00:11   Link #5323
monster

Quote:
You seem pretty confident considering that there’s no confirmation news that they “will” even remaster Destiny.
Don't worry about the tense so much. Obviously, I'm assuming (for the sake of this topic) that they will make a remake. Besides, it just follows your "will they" question.
Quote:
Are the scenes they took from SEED SE stock footage of MSs blowing up? I forgot.
I don't know. It doesn't matter anyway. If it's already there, they can use it however they want.
Old 2012-11-12, 01:34   Link #5324
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I don't know. It doesn't matter anyway. If it's already there, they can use it however they want.
It does matter. When it comes to footage involving characters (aka. Non stock footage), they tend to do their best by giving us the best they got (from any sources). But when it comes to stock footage of MSs & ships blowing up and repeated firing poses of the Gundams, they tend to be lazy. When they get lazy, they’ll take the easiest and quickest way (SEED Remaster already proven that). That’s all I want to say.
Old 2012-11-12, 01:45   Link #5325
monster

Quote:
It does matter. When it comes to footage involving characters (aka. Non stock footage), they tend to do their best by giving us the best they got (from any sources). But when it comes to stock footage of MSs & ships blowing up and repeated firing poses of the Gundams, they tend to be lazy. When they get lazy, they’ll take the easiest and quickest way (SEED Remaster already proven that). That’s all I want to say.
Okay, let me put it this way:

If there are stock footages that are shared between SEED and Destiny, the easier way would be to just use SEED Remaster's version in a hypothetical Destiny Remaster. Otherwise, they would just remaster Destiny's version.

So back to what I originally said:
Quote:
Nothing prevents them from doing both.
Old 2012-11-12, 02:11   Link #5326
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
If there are stock footages that are shared between SEED and Destiny, the easier way would be to just use SEED Remaster's version in a hypothetical Destiny Remaster. Otherwise, they would just remaster Destiny's version.
For me, that's not "doing both" but more like "choosing one or the other" which is my point all along (insert "easiest", "quickest" or even "cheapest" there).

........Maybe we just misunderstood each other.
Old 2012-11-12, 02:24   Link #5327
monster

Quote:
For me, that's not "doing both" but more like "choosing one or the other" which is my point all along (insert "easiest", "quickest" or even "cheapest" there).

........Maybe we just misunderstood each other.
Well, of course they're not going to do both for the same scene. But there's nothing preventing them to use both methods for the remaster. Some scenes can be taken from the SEED Remaster while other scenes need to be remastered.
Old 2012-11-12, 02:39   Link #5328
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Well, of course they're not going to do both for the same scene. But there's nothing preventing them to use both methods for the remaster. Some scenes can be taken from the SEED Remaster while other scenes need to be remastered.
In my head, “doing both” means: for one scene, they’ll take both scenes from SEED Remaster and Destiny but using them in different occasions (eg. Freedom's beam-spam which happen frequently), which is nice but I highly doubt they’ll do it. So, if that isn’t what you meant, then we basically agree about this.
Old 2012-11-12, 02:47   Link #5329
monster

Quote:
In my head, “doing both” means: for one scene, they’ll take both scenes from SEED Remaster and Destiny but using them in different occasions (eg. Freedom's beam-spam which happen frequently)
I don't see why they would do that. It adds even more potential visual inconsistency for no obvious benefit. Not to mention it would add to the cost of production since now you're working with 2 scenes that essentially serve the same purpose, kind of defeating the point of reusing scenes in the first place.

So, no, that's not what I meant.
Old 2012-11-12, 06:33   Link #5330
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

It would not be surprising if Sunrise released HD version of Destiny but a remake would be ridiculous cos despite people's controversial speculation regarding the director and the writer's work, Destiny was one of the most succesful Gundam shows ever when it first aired (it did not surpass SEED but it was one of the last Gundams with such big TV rating). In fact, one of the flashback episodes was about SEED to attract new viewers.

It looks like Sunrise learned a thing or two with Destiny about budget considering that their next shows, Gundam 00 and Code Geass, were given a break after 25 episodes to give the staff time to make new footage.

The only thing that looked to me the director wanted to change was Athrun/Cagalli as in the OVA and Special Edition they stayed on better terms and it did not look like they were breaking up, as well as the more climatic ending. For the ones wanting to know more about Destiny's characters read the manga Gundam SEED Destiny the Edge Desire as it focuses on multiple backstories including Shinn, Rey, Luna, Cagalli, Yzak, Stella and Kira.
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 10:14   Link #5331
Destined_Fate

I dunno, time can heal wound and a remake will at least ease things a bit. I mean if they cut out many of the needless flashbacks and recap episodes they will have a ton of room to squeeze in development for Shinn, Lunamaria, Rey, Talia, and Durandal into the episodes. They all really could use some. Such as giving stronger hints of Shinn x Lunamaria earlier, Shinn getting much needed development/monologue, and Rey/Talia/Durandal.

Don't know what they can do about the complaints directed towards the returning cast though.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 15:12   Link #5332
I Fail at Life

So apparently this "so called" SEED Party is nothing, but a few of the seiyu's and Fukuda himself sitting at a round table, commenting on the Remaster.
They stringed people along with constant delays, talking that talk "We got a big announcement", when this is all it really was. Pathetic.

I knew it would be something pointless, but come on.

They still playing those games. They done trolled us.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 17:19   Link #5333
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I dunno, time can heal wound and a remake will at least ease things a bit. I mean if they cut out many of the needless flashbacks and recap episodes they will have a ton of room to squeeze in development for Shinn, Lunamaria, Rey, Talia, and Durandal into the episodes. They all really could use some. Such as giving stronger hints of Shinn x Lunamaria earlier, Shinn getting much needed development/monologue, and Rey/Talia/Durandal.

Don't know what they can do about the complaints directed towards the returning cast though.
They already did that in Destiny Special Edition. Lunamaria was the one rescuing Shinn after he saved Stella and later she sees Shinn trying to calm Stella. Rey showed a noticeable change of attitude in the compilation movies. At first he was easygoing with Shinn and company, but when Athrun was escaping from ZAFT, Rey revealed a darker nature as he stated that Athrun should disappear from the world (in the TV series he simply didn't want him to mess up with Durandal). Athrun got the movie and the Destiny Edge manga to focus more on his mindset across the story and more memories about his father.

Kira was already one of the most mature characters in Destiny so he only got a sidestory in Destiny Edge in which it is explained how he did after being defeated by Shinn until seeing Lacus again.

Shinn has backstory chapters in Destiny Edge Desire alongside Rey and Lunamaria. They also reveal that the reason he starts crying with Lunamaria in the end of Destiny is because he realizes Rey died with Durandal and Thalia. In fact his cameo from SEED HD was based on a scene from the manga.

Durandal got the OVA to reveal his relationship with Rau and how the Destiny plans reflects his view on mankind and why he did not want to have a child with Talia (he did not trust future generations).

Considering how the OVA, the manga and the compilation films expanded the development of characters, I guess it would be very good if a HD version uses parts from all the media.
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 20:28   Link #5334
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
So apparently this "so called" SEED Party is nothing, but a few of the seiyu's and Fukuda himself sitting at a round table, commenting on the Remaster.
They stringed people along with constant delays, talking that talk "We got a big announcement", when this is all it really was. Pathetic.

I knew it would be something pointless, but come on.

They still playing those games. They done trolled us.
Aw...damn it.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 21:49   Link #5335
Destined_Fate

Manga isn't officially considered canon compared to animate works. So the best they can work with is what the anime did and what the special editions did and merge them together for better balance. They should have plenty of room considering all the needless stuff that can/could be cut out of the original Destiny anime.

I wouldn't call Kira mature, he was severely naive and overly idealistic. As shown when he stopped Cagalli's wedding without ever once thinking of the ramifications of just handing Orb completely over to Yuna since Cagalli was the only reason Orb was somewhat checked despite nearly all the politician working against her.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 21:56   Link #5336
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I wouldn't call Kira mature, he was severely naive and overly idealistic. As shown when he stopped Cagalli's wedding without ever once thinking of the ramifications of just handing Orb completely over to Yuna since Cagalli was the only reason Orb was somewhat checked despite nearly all the politician working against her.
Someone who wasn't strong enough to get herself out of an arranged marriage she didn't want was not in any position to check any nation. And she didn't, as evidenced by the fact that Orb had become an ally of the EA.

What Kira did at least saved her from an unwanted marriage.
Old 2012-11-12, 22:22   Link #5337
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Imo you shouldn’t humor him, monster. His comments are flame baits, and he likes it that way.
Old 2012-11-12, 22:48   Link #5338
Washu-Chan