AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-30, 20:40   Link #161
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
ekhm...not every season has to be 26 ep....

i would say Umineko is far from niche o_O

anyway, is this chart for collector or regular edition?
hey, i would buy it, but i dont want to pay $80 for 2 episodes o_O
Well like I said Higurashi wasn't exactly a DVD sales hit. You have to realize that our fanbase is a lot more vocal than it is large .

And I wasn't saying K-ON was actually competing, I was just joking on how ridiculously it's selling XD.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
Old 2009-10-30, 20:44   Link #162
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
i would say Umineko is far from niche o_O
Actually I would have to say that the When They Cry series is still a pretty niche series, but that alone can't take the entirety of the blame of the horrendous sales.
Old 2009-10-30, 21:00   Link #163
Goldsmith

I've been told that those sales are for the collector's edition.
Old 2009-10-30, 21:11   Link #164
Kakkou
Tch.

Those sales figures make me feel sad =(. Anyone got any info on what card was included in the release?
Old 2009-10-30, 21:24   Link #165
Goldsmith

Spoiler for Maria:

dawww
Old 2009-10-30, 22:51   Link #166
ameskitty
Kupo

That is soooo adorable :3. Oh, if only R2 anime wasn't such a terrible investment, especially considering that almost all the official websites have all the (RAW, obviously) episodes streaming free at the moment . I think it's some sort of promotion for the DVDs, Halloween, or both.

Old 2009-10-31, 06:24   Link #167
~Ayane~

Quote:
The chart is for everything, but when fans buy anime, most spring for premium releases, so regular edition might not rank.
strange, my logic tells me "most" fans buy regular editions and only biggest fans are willing to pay more for some extras

Quote:
Actually I would have to say that the When They Cry series is still a pretty niche series
o_____O

if this series is niche then there so mainstream series at all....seriously, is there any more popular show airing now or in the past two seasons ? (maybe except Haruhi 2)
Old 2009-10-31, 06:30   Link #168
Auria

Wasn't there a chart from 2ch once where they estimated the amount of casual / hardcore anime viewers buying the anime? I remember Haruhi being far in the up right corner, which means that there is a great amount of casual and hardcore viewers. Higurashi was in this corner as well, just not as high as Haruhi. But it was higher then many other animes o_O" <-- lol diagramm interpreation
Old 2009-10-31, 12:36   Link #169
TJR

Quote:
strange, my logic tells me "most" fans buy regular editions and only biggest fans are willing to pay more for some extras
That would definitely be the case in a more mainstream market. However, late night anime is usually so niche that only the biggest, most hardcore fans actually buy DVDs at all.....

That's why premium releases are often the only ones that register on sales charts. Collectors want the Limited Edition bonuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad
Actually I would have to say that the When They Cry series is still a pretty niche series, but that alone can't take the entirety of the blame of the horrendous sales.
Yeah, Umineko is still a niche series, although it's a very popular title within the niche. Umineko DVD sales are particularly lacklustre since the show started at a significant advantage in terms of number of fans.
Old 2009-10-31, 17:10   Link #170
~Ayane~

Quote:
However, late night anime is usually so niche that only the biggest, most hardcore fans actually buy DVDs at all.....
uh-huh, usually
Old 2009-10-31, 17:15   Link #171
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsmith View Post
Spoiler for Maria:
Tarot has 22 cards total, and due to the abundance of characters Umineko has they shouldn't have much problem doing them all.~

I'm anxious to see what the rest will be like.~
Old 2009-10-31, 20:29   Link #172
Westlo
Lets be reality

For people saying it's collector's edition... generally they are the ones that sell the best..

Quote:
if this series is niche then there so mainstream series at all....seriously, is there any more popular show airing now or in the past two seasons ? (maybe except Haruhi 2)
Bakemonogatari Vol 1 has sold 66,000 copies in 4 weeks across Bluray and DVD, only two series since dvd format started has sold more for the first volume. Those being...

Gundam SEED Destiny - 2005/02/24 80,635 Vol. 1
Gundam SEED - 2003/03/28 71,081 SEED 1

and Bakemonogatari might go past SEED to be the second highest. Bake easily beat on K-ON! (the previous best seller for 09) and went past last years best in Macross Frontier (sold 64,000 for Vol 1). It's outsold Haruhi 2 and FMA Brotherhood considerably.
Old 2009-10-31, 20:53   Link #173
Marion
The Great Dine

Well most anime from Shaft, Bones and KyoAni are relatively high sellers.
Old 2009-11-01, 03:46   Link #174
Westlo
Lets be reality

Bake Vol 1 has more than likely outsold the combined vol 1 sales for the last seven shows combined by SHAFT. Bake is easily their biggest hit period, I think they might of had 2 shows sell around 10,000 avg before Bake. Stuff like Natsu and ef were selling 2000 copies per volume..
Old 2009-11-01, 04:04   Link #175
Auria

Well the numbers really don't look good, but let's wait for the weekly charts before we judge the sales =(
Old 2009-11-02, 14:26   Link #176
AudriSampson
Ange Ushiromiya's Fangirl

Send a message via Yahoo to AudriSampson
Are they doing English Subs on these DVD releases? I can switch my computer to Region 2, if I can can get them subbed
Old 2009-11-02, 14:45   Link #177
~Ayane~

no....... ;/

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...o-70-3jlk.html
Old 2009-11-02, 16:27   Link #178
Marion
The Great Dine

Not surprised. English subtitles are normally only available if the series gets dubbed overseas. Usually what the company does it put subtitles option on their dvds, so if people want to watch the original they can.
Old 2009-11-02, 18:10   Link #179
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
That says two disk edition. What's supposed to be on the other disk? And is that the edition that comes with the Maria sheet? (Just in case a Battler or Kanon sheet is planned, which I highly doubt XDDD or the Beato one. Not like I'd be able to buy them anyway)

Old 2009-11-02, 19:24   Link #180
ameskitty
Kupo

Nopes, the LE with the Maria sheet is about $95-100. That's just the SE with an extra DVD which is an append disk. Not really sure what's on it but I'm assuming it's interviews and I think an extra animated short (all the description says is "original content", which is quite vague XD).

Closed Thread