AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2008-05-06, 00:06   Link #161
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Well, on the current topic, I understand "reincarnation" as Buddhism explains it (or at least whichever teachings the particular brand of Buddhism I grew up with taught.), so when I hear "reincarnated as the crow" or "reincarnations of Misuzu and Yukito", I don't quite agree.

Personally, I believe it was Yukito who... "occupied" Sora's body just before the Summer arc, but it was not "reincarnation" as a crow persay.

That being said, Yukito and Misuzu being the reincarnations of Ryuuya and Kanna make sense, even according to Buddhist beliefs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
I thought they were. Then who were thouse little kids anyway.
Can't we all keep in mind that Yukito's mind/spirit/chi/etc. was in the crow until the very end?
I first saw them as the next "girl in the sky" and her protector, leaving their story to be told later on, but now that I believe that Misuzu broke the curse with Yukito, she is representative of the "girl in the sky" broken free of the curse and able to live a normal life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
And I think the ending was just too plan sad. I mean I almost cried whne Misuzu died and all of those scenes when she was crying and stuff.
Have you no heart?
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 20:19   Link #162
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

i just finished watching it and i like it for what it was....i almost cried lol
what i got from it was...
Yukito was reincarnated as the crow to watch over Misuzu...
She got sick and died...and realized threw it all she was still able to be happy...
Yukito was then able to fly into the sky and finally able to be with her...
This is how im going to interpret it so it can put me at ease cuz that whole series had me sad for her...the scene with her walking into her moms arms almost had me crying my heart out...
On the side note i didnt even bother watching the recap and now im debating if the movie is even worth watchin....? i watched about 10minutes and it seems kinda odd to me...but i might pull out a big gulp and deal with the hour and half movie...
crystalalien87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 08:00   Link #163
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
On the side note i didnt even bother watching the recap and now im debating if the movie is even worth watchin....? i watched about 10minutes and it seems kinda odd to me...but i might pull out a big gulp and deal with the hour and half movie...
Well, from what I heard: The movie is crap, and the TV-series surpasses it in every way. The summer-OVAs (Which are an extension of Kanna's story) are apparently quite good though. Can't say for sure, as I haven't seen them yet, but I'm definitely going to see them once I get that final DVD... The recap-episode can just go throw itself off a cliff though. I just saw the show, I don't need an additional episode to tell me what I just saw.
Old 2008-06-26, 08:24   Link #164
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Both the movie, and the Air in Summer OVAs, are well worth watching. However, the movie is not as good, or the same, as Air TV. Air in Summer really belongs to the category of being part of Air TV, and the movie is at a different level... but is still enjoyable.

-Andiyar
Old 2008-06-26, 16:35   Link #165
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
Maybe you'd like to see it since it tells the story a different way (Never played the game, so I don't know if the movie's plot is right).
The way I see it, movie is not worth. 90 minutes are not enough to tell the story and...
Spoiler for movie:
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 23:06   Link #166
foreverdissevered
Endless Entity

Air - for the most part, is probably my favorite anime ever.

However, the ending was heartwrenching. The surging love of Yukito and Misuzu did not seem to be present at all during the last few episodes.. Instead its the will to live or the desire to save.

Perhaps the only thing that drew me to Air was Misuzu's innocence..
foreverdissevered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 17:46   Link #167
othera

Air's my all time favorite series, it even made me cry like 3 times >:

how i saw it, yukito seems to be the bloodline of the girl and the sumurai with kanna(forgot names) and misuzu is the reincarnation of kanna, is this right? (dont quite get the series 100%,)
othera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 17:39   Link #168
ShatteredSkys
Delinquent

Hi !
Well i just watched Air to the end and I'm kinda surprised.
While searching the net for some informations about the ending i found this Post, so i decided to sign me up here ^^
It's actually my first Forum I'm signed in but anyway, this is what I think about the ending:
I don't think Misuzu and Yukito "died" at the end, and I got a very special explanation for this...
After Yukito decided to leave Misuzu, he recognized that Mizusu was actually the girl in the sky, and what he was searching for in his life so he went back to her to give her a more time in this world, atleast till the end of this summer.
So, as Yukito gave Misuzu his "energy" to let her continue living , he transformed into sora the crow.
There's one thing I don't understand, after Yukito disappers for the first time, the "old" sora
sits on the table watching Misuzu.She talks to Yukito which isn't there, then you can see Yukitos "soul" inside sora.And what happens ? Sora dissapers! then Yukito appers in his normal form and talks to Misuzu for the last time.
Then after Yuktio's gone, a crow sits on the other table in the room...and you know what ? that wasn't the "old" sora, it was Yukito transformed just into a being which could show Misuzu living after this.
Later , Mizusu "re"connected with her "mother", and deciding to stay with her, she said in one episode, that she felt terrible pain, but this time in her WINGS.
Then in the last episode, she suddenly "died" after she thought she had reached "the finish"
But i don't think she died, i think, that she actually spread her wings, which she always had, but actually hided, and flew in the sky, just like Kanna-sama in the past.
But this time she made it, and reached the sky , and CONTINUED living.
This was the end of the summer, right in this episode, there are some clues how the story continues with Misuzu and Yokito.
In the conversation between Misuzus "mother" and her father, no one mentioned that Misuzu was dead, you can only hear about her "mother" cried because of this.In one shoot you can see her diary's last site, with a drown picture of Mizusu with her "mother" and "sora"
and a text that says:
In this summer, many funny things happened, mother bought me a dinosaur.
I'm happy.
And u can see some pupils, going to school, while waving to Misuzus mother.
When Misuzu had the time to write about the end of this sommer ?
That means the summer is over, and Misuzus time as a normal human too.
In this sommer she started a new life, " grew" up and connected to her family, she actually lived her life in this summer again.
That's why i think she continued living, but as the girl in the sky, just like Kanna-sama
in the past.
And now the part which explains Yokito's continuing journey:
Misuzu's mother talks to "sora" at the beach , and explains him that he don't have a reason to stay here, because Misuzu isn't here aswell.She even asks him if he's the old sora,because he changed so hard.>.<. She walks away, and sora(Yukito) thinks:
"...The girl, which has returned into this infinity, is still alone"
At this moment he spread his wings, ready to start his "new jorney" (yeah i have to mention that, because i'll never forget this moment!)
He also says:"I'll continue searching for her...And one day, I'll bring her back...And start from a new beginning..."And he just fly's into the sky.
This all happened because he entered a "new level" of his journey, chasing the girl with wings in the sky,because he's able to fly now!
The two children at the beach at the end, only show the point of an spectator, because,
the legend of the girl in the sky wasn't a secret, like Michuru told Yokito on the roof not to leave the girl with wings and tell her memories and other storys and rescuing her from her dreams.Otherwise the children show a new path of this journey, and a new story of chasing the girl in the sky.
Who knows.I think the anime ends, like you want it, that's my oppinion.
Maybe I'm wrong, but this is my point of view.I hope whoever reads this understands my standing, though my english isn't very well...

Thank you for reading my text, i hope you enjoyed it!
Air is one of my favourite anime's of all time,alltough i started watching them not to far ago.

Last edited by ShatteredSkys; 2009-02-07 at 18:40.
ShatteredSkys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 20:52   Link #169
Xyphon101

I feel sad, I completely misunderstood what happened.

I thought he just walked away when he was trying to cheer her up, but he didn't, apparently. I don't think it explained it, guess I'm just oblivious.
Xyphon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 23:10   Link #170
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyphon101 View Post
I feel sad, I completely misunderstood what happened.
Don't feel too bad about misunderstanding. If you go back even just a couple pages in this thread, you can see that there are a lot of different interpretations about it.

Air is mystical and mysterious, that's part of it's beauty. It really is one of those series that needs to be watched more than once. Don't try too hard to figure it out, just take it in as it goes along and pick up what you can.
Old 2009-03-14, 02:33   Link #171
Tarha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeiku View Post
Wha...? I've never seen anything like that in the TV series, unless it was the ending for the game anyhow...

I'm confident Yukito "died" in a sense at least. My theory is that he placed his spirit into the doll like how his mother had done when he was a child. Through this, Yukito was reincarnated as Sora, somehow... Perhaps because his will to find and help Misuzu was so strong. Also, because Yukito in his human form was simply not good enough, he was unable help Misuzu, but as Sora he could finally look at her in an entirely alternate perspective through speculation. Misuzu finally achieved her "goal" and died, but unlike her tragic predecessors, her life ended with good memories - memories with Yukito and especially with her mother, who was a great driving force for her as well.

... At this point though the curse has not been ended yet. Misuzu's memories were left with Sora, who had to soar beyond the point any human can reach by themselves, the sky, and bring those memories to "she who is waiting in the air," the girl with wings. I believe at this point, the curse finally has been lifted, and the winged girl's pain finally ends after one thousand summers, or something like that. As for Yukito/Sora's fate... who knows. I kind of doubt he goes back to being a human really, but eh. So there's my view on the ending of AIR, and... yeah.
Thank you so much bc i was so confused it makes sense now omg ..wow i was totally lost but do u know what happens in the game how the ending ends just curious. I got another question i cant remember the episode but there are children on the beach a boy and a girl and the boy looks and both yukito and mizuzu and says that they will have a hard ship and then takes the girl he is playing with and says lets go where u wanted to go then he looks back and says that its there beginning or something like that but then the story is not understandable bc then the reincarnation for yukito would be mixed up bc the boy is trying to bring happiness to the little girl who now is the reincarnation of the winged beast. so please help me to understand this
Tarha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 20:30   Link #172
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarha View Post
I got another question i cant remember the episode but there are children on the beach a boy and a girl and the boy looks and both yukito and mizuzu and says that they will have a hard ship and then takes the girl he is playing with and says lets go where u wanted to go then he looks back and says that its there beginning or something like that
I think that's in the last ep. Anyway, it was later revealed by the makers of AIR that those children are not the reincarnations of Yukito and Misuzu, they are just bystanders (perhaps representing the viewer), commenting on how things are not really finished yet. I think there's a post in the thread somewhere which explains it more precisely.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 13:59   Link #173
Zarn
ナギさま~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
I think that's in the last ep. Anyway, it was later revealed by the makers of AIR that those children are not the reincarnations of Yukito and Misuzu, they are just bystanders (perhaps representing the viewer), commenting on how things are not really finished yet. I think there's a post in the thread somewhere which explains it more precisely.
Were they not? How silly is that?
I don't quite get how do those kids represent me as a viewer. As a viewer, this scene gave me the feeling that Yukito did eventually return Misuzu (as he promised in the last ep) and started a new life with her, with no hardships whatsoever. I also don't know why would the producers want to make us feel like things are not finished yet. Are they planning on an AIR ~After Story~? Not that I would object to more Misuzu, but isn't the story really finished?

Just when I thought there might be something a little bit happy about this ending...

Last edited by Zarn; 2009-04-04 at 14:44.
Zarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 14:24   Link #174
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
I thought I read somewhere (a long time ago) that those two kids were supposed to represent a new beginning. Not a new beginning for Yukito and Misuzu, since their story came to a close, but a new beginning in general. But I don't know, it's been a while so I probably have that all messed up.
Ryuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 15:02   Link #175
Zarn
ナギさま~!

I would've liked it better if he stayed with Misuzu as a human to very end, but that's mainly because I really came to like her a lot and hated it when she missed him ^^;. It's a shame they didn't get a chance to be together even though they liked each other, but I guess Yukito would look like a pedo kissing a girl her age. Anyhow, although different people, those kids should've let off as their reincarnations. Perhaps he didn't take back Misuzu after all.
Old 2009-04-07, 16:15   Link #176
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Yeah it would've been nice if they could've been together in a normal sense. But who knows, maybe they're together somewhere in the sky.
Ryuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 01:22   Link #177
Used Can

I think the whole point of the end was that, after a long journey, they were finally able to break free from that curse. Even if they were not together, their love never faded. Even if both of them died, all the things they did together were meaningful.

They may be able to reincarnate and finally be together at some point, but that's beyond the point.
Old 2009-04-09, 18:36   Link #178
Zarn
ナギさま~!

Man, this is too sad for me.

Even a week after completing this series, it doesn't get out of my mind. I've had some hard time listening to Aozora as it automatically reminds me of Misuzu. I really miss her. T_T
Old 2009-04-09, 18:45   Link #179
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarn View Post
Man, this is too sad for me.

Even a week after completing this series, it doesn't get out of my mind.
That's what separates the masterpieces from the rest of the shows out there.
Old 2009-04-26, 13:45   Link #180
Silent Jealousy
Gold Saint

in the visual novel, misuzu would die in the end, indeed.
but why in the anime she didn't? and so in the manga too...
i'm a bit confused really...

but, i prefer to think that misuzu would eventually recover.
what a pity, if misuzu really died, yukito's sacrifice which took his own life would be in vain.
Silent Jealousy is offline   Reply With Quote