031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 2 14.29%
000 - 010: Tortuous... 3 21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-08-09, 00:51   Link #21
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Yep. Filler has been used to showcase the other characters. Most of Team 8 and Gai's appearances are from the anime filler.

They recently did Neji Gaiden. It was forgettable.
Shino has been featured in a lot of filler. Including the infamous "Laughing Shino" which some site as the filler's low point.
Hinata was a major part of a few filler arcs. Without filler, Hinata would barely appear at all in Naruto. The anime team admitted she is their favorite.
Lee and Gai are always in the filler. Usually as comic relief.
Ino had her own episode. The one where Naruto urinated on her. Who could forget that?
Tenten even had her own episode. Hell froze over.
Shikamaru, Kakashi, and Sakura don't appear as much in the filler since they are considered part of the main cast. If they do appear, it's usually episodes based more on canon.

The filler does try. But I've seen some amazing stories online that would have been great filler arcs if Kishi wasn't going to do them in canon. Like an exploration of the Jashin Cult, Deidara's past, and Kurenai development. Or more day in the life of Konoha type stuff. And yes, Naruto isn't needed all the time in the filler. But for obvious reasons he has to be part of these sea voyage episodes.
Old 2011-08-09, 07:25   Link #22
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
LMAO, Guy opens like 10 gates to row a boat when he coulda fingerflicked that Marlin in the face to stop it...
I don't think you were supposed to take that seriously, it was probably done on purpose to get a chuckle out of you. Worked for me...

Quote:
The thing I never understand about Naruto filler is it's total disregard for all of the characters in the show...Naruto has to appear in 90% of all the fillers in the history of the show...Sasuke's in what? 1%?
Naruto has to be in every filler arc because he's the main character. Unfortunately that's simply how things work.
A Sasuke filler arc/episode wouldn't really make sense, since he's basically a bad guy now. It would make sense if it had some story or character development in it, but you can't have those in filler.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-09, 22:57   Link #23
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
They did focus fillers on other characters in the past... But they were awful... We all remember the Shino Laughed episode (actual episode title), which completely ruined Shino's character for everyone who has seen it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Yep. Filler has been used to showcase the other characters. Most of Team 8 and Gai's appearances are from the anime filler.

They recently did Neji Gaiden. It was forgettable.
Shino has been featured in a lot of filler. Including the infamous "Laughing Shino" which some site as the filler's low point.
Hinata was a major part of a few filler arcs. Without filler, Hinata would barely appear at all in Naruto. The anime team admitted she is their favorite.
Lee and Gai are always in the filler. Usually as comic relief.
Ino had her own episode. The one where Naruto urinated on her. Who could forget that?
Tenten even had her own episode. Hell froze over.
Shikamaru, Kakashi, and Sakura don't appear as much in the filler since they are considered part of the main cast. If they do appear, it's usually episodes based more on canon.

The filler does try. But I've seen some amazing stories online that would have been great filler arcs if Kishi wasn't going to do them in canon. Like an exploration of the Jashin Cult, Deidara's past, and Kurenai development. Or more day in the life of Konoha type stuff. And yes, Naruto isn't needed all the time in the filler. But for obvious reasons he has to be part of these sea voyage episodes.
Well I was saying morso shippudden where the tone of the series would lend itself to more expansive or tangible arcs for a character like Shino...Like a real Shino arc with a serious side-story as opposed to a one-off laff episode...I mean is it unthinkable for Kishi or whoever at Studio Pierrot to say, lets have a serious Neji or Shikimaru arc that can somehow fit into the narrative without affecting the main story...As stated fanfics with bull$hit as their brain fuel easily find ways to do this...I just don't think they give much of a $hit...that has to be it, because it can't be this hard to have good filler...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
I don't think you were supposed to take that seriously, it was probably done on purpose to get a chuckle out of you. Worked for me...
I laffed that's why I said "LMAO" ...

Quote:
Naruto has to be in every filler arc because he's the main character. Unfortunately that's simply how things work.
A Sasuke filler arc/episode wouldn't really make sense, since he's basically a bad guy now. It would make sense if it had some story or character development in it, but you can't have those in filler.
Keyword being unfortunatley...But with that said, Sasuke sitting in a room with his new eyes bandaged thinking about the training he did with Oro that happened offscreen would be something that could be cool, if they gave a $hit...
Old 2011-08-10, 05:30   Link #24
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Oh, that one about Sasuke isn't a bad idea, not at all, I like it.
Old 2011-08-10, 10:10   Link #25
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Naruto has to appear in 90% of all the fillers in the history of the show...Sasuke's in what? 1%?
Remember when Sasuke was the focus for literally an entire canon arc and people went apeshit? Even though I wasn't one of those people, I would imagine God having to help us if Sasuke starts to get filler episodes of his own...

But then again, let's just be straight here; This series is titled "Naruto" after all...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 03:21   Link #26
~Jay is HySt3r1cAl~

hey peoples whats up just like to say good as episode.
~Jay is HySt3r1cAl~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion