AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-19, 02:44   Link #9781
Sumeragi
Banned

VK 36.01 (H)'s mantlet became thicker when it mounts 8,8 cm KwK 36 L/56.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 03:59   Link #9782
Sumeragi
Banned

Source

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Basically, they released news about Japanese tanks at the Tokyo Game Show, where Girls und Panzer producer Sugiyama Kiyomi and seiyuu Fuchigami Mai (Nishizumi Miho) also participated. Aside from an introduction trailer and the tree, it was stated that offical Girls und Panzer voice mod packs will be released for free download, starting with Nishizumi Miho.

Side commentary: Tree is outdated.

Proud as a mother looking at the debut of her daugthers.
Old 2013-09-19, 04:36   Link #9783
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Basically, they released news about Japanese tanks at the Tokyo Game Show, where Girls und Panzer producer Sugiyama Kiyomi and seiyuu Fuchigami Mai (Nishizumi Miho) also participated. Aside from an introduction trailer and the tree, it was stated that offical Girls und Panzer voice mod packs will be released for free download, starting with Nishizumi Miho.
I'm waiting for Pravda. Until then, unofficial voice pack mod to go. I want my loli .
Old 2013-09-19, 04:54   Link #9784
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'll probably run with Pravda for my Soviet tanks (T-34, T-34-85, KV-1, KV-1S). Might get Ankou for the Pz IV - well, when I work up to it.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 05:23   Link #9785
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I want a Yukari voice pack, but a Nishizumi is fine too

Also, is it me or is that samurai-style tank showdown in the trailer inspired by GuP to a large degree?

Kinda an oddity how the initial tank tree release won't have Heavy Tanks, a first for a release.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 06:24   Link #9786
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Kinda an oddity how the initial tank tree release won't have Heavy Tanks, a first for a release.
Not even one? I'm not really good with medium .
Old 2013-09-19, 06:24   Link #9787
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

The jackson or slugger is slow so its like the turretless line except for the turret. The only way to make it work is to sit in the back and snipe whilst camping. Better get your smores out cuz the e3 will be a hellavah grind.
Old 2013-09-19, 06:28   Link #9788
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I find those are pretty easy grind. The Jackson while slow and don't have that much impressive gun, it does have the turret and that is quite an advantage. The armor can bounce quite a few, too.

It's not the Hellcat, but it can stand on it own.
Old 2013-09-19, 07:23   Link #9789
Blaat

Official voice mod pack? Well the only thing missing now is official character models and a tie-in j-pop song while loading the game. PR wise WG is doing all the rights thing to appeal the Japanese market.

As for the tree I knew it was coming so I'm not really disappointed by the lack of heavy tanks, can't wait to try out the medium tanks.
Quote:
Side commentary: Tree is outdated.

Proud as a mother looking at the debut of her daugthers.
Soon your daughters will be played with and controlled by fat sweaty men.

What have you done?!

Anyway how is the tree outdated or do you want me to ask this on the FTR blog? ;p
Old 2013-09-19, 07:31   Link #9790
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Anyway how is the tree outdated or do you want me to ask this on the FTR blog? ;p
Not something I would answer even if you asked it.
Old 2013-09-19, 08:45   Link #9791
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

For the first time, this thread can have pics that don't involve game screenshots!

You know, their faces perfectly match what happens IRL when playing the game with spectators: Three invested in battle, one wandering, and one sleeping.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 09:32   Link #9792
Gravitas Free Zone

We're not quite at the point where this thread and the GuP thread merge to form Devastator...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 09:40   Link #9793
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Images

Images

It has to be said. One SHOULDN'T expect the freaking AT-7 to have to carry the game. Honestly, the Cromwell was being a retard for the whole match, REFUSING to spot the east road, its a wonder we won at this rate (was only me, the Ez8, and our artillery left against an AMX, a Hellcat, and their arty).
Old 2013-09-19, 09:49   Link #9794
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Not something I would answer even if you asked it.
By any chance would you able to help explain Type 61 at tier 8? I'm curious what qualities make it a good choice at that tier.

If assuming Type 74 prototypes will occupy tier 9 and 10 like the post war German tree. Subject to change of course I know.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 09:59   Link #9795
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Also, where being a vulture has its perks:

Images

There's an interesting story to the Comet battle. We spawned north, and I went to spot the middle road for the team. Unfortunately, I got lit somehow, and ate an ISU round to the face. Didn't knock me out, but it tore a HUGE chunk off my health, and when I spotted their IS-8 on their side of the road, I ran back to our flag to help the Jagdtiger and the rest of the ones defending the valley (the E-50 and the Jagdpanther). Things got hairy when the ST-1, their super Pershing charged into our side of the valley, and nearly overwhelmed us.

Fought them off, but the E-50 charged up to their slope... right into the waiting guns of their S-51, Panther 2, and IS-8. Tried to help despite being reduced to 50 HP, and knocked out the panther 2 via judicious hulldown, and because I spotted the S-51, helped our arty get that one too. However the IS-8 eventually got the E-50, which forced me to do a panic retreat back to the flag, where the Jagd was waiting. It was about to turn south, when we saw the cap timer start, as their IS tried to cap. We destroyed it, but it was soon followed by the SU, which rushed towards our artillery. I managed to get in a side shot on it as it passed, before it was nuked by a direct shot of our arty.

This left the IS-8 and the GW Panther. While the Jagd ran south via valley, I hit the middle road again hoping for an outflank. While I was rushing middle, the Jagd finally ran into the IS-8. I got to their flag... to find that the GW was apparently AFK. I took it out, then finally helped the Jagd finish off the IS-8 via serveral shots to the back of its turret.
Old 2013-09-19, 10:14   Link #9796
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
By any chance would you able to help explain Type 61 at tier 8? I'm curious what qualities make it a good choice at that tier.

If assuming Type 74 prototypes will occupy tier 9 and 10 like the post war German tree. Subject to change of course I know.
Actually sta1 is type 61 prot.

Which is strange
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 10:47   Link #9797
LeoXiao
思想工作

鬼子來村兒了

Japanese tanks should be interesting. I'm looking forward to the top-tier mediums; might give the Slavs and Teutons a run for their money. Next they should make a Senkaku map. Also I see they miscolored the Type 5 Ke-Ho as a light tank.
Sumeragi, any idea on which patch we might expect to see their release?
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 10:53   Link #9798
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Now that XVM doesn't require xvm-stat.exe or Dokan Library, I can run it with WoT without crashing my computer.

Now if I can just figure out how to display WN7 in 4 digits instead of 2-digit efficiency...
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 10:56   Link #9799
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post

- on STA1: “STA on tier 9? Originally we thought it has a depression of -15 and that the longer hull (7 roadwheels instead of 6) will allow to mount some bigger gun. But later we discovered that STA1 lost to STA2 in trials and further development continued from STA2. And yes, the depression was -7″
- on why STA1 is correctly on tier 8: “Historically yes, to put serial Type 61 before its prototype STA1 makes no sense”
- apparently the STA and Type 61 positions might be still switched (compared to the published tree)
Old 2013-09-19, 11:16   Link #9800
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Is the Ha-Go the same Type 95 used by Duck Team? If so, where's the appendage at its rear?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks