AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-07-22, 15:21   Link #1621
Used Can

You can say that about all the girls. Anyway, Athena is what? 16? She won't grow much taller. Well, this is anime/manga. You can grow 20cm. past your 18s. So, who knows?
Old 2009-07-22, 15:46   Link #1622
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
The reason why I think Athena pretended not to know Hayate was because she's aiming for the King's Gem he holds. Had they had a normal conversation, then she'd probably have had a harder time whenever she decided to snatch that gem from him. So, if she gave him the cold shoulder and pretended not to know him, then it would have been easier for her to go for it, and for Hayate to defend it, since there wouldn't be any personal feelings attached any longer. However, that plan obviously failed since Hayate obviously remembered her, and she knows she still cares for him. So, their personal feelings will still be there once they meet again.

She should have taken that opportunity, and have Machina get the King's Gem from Hayate at that moment, because Machina could probably have been able to overpower him, since Hayate was taken by surprise. That would have been quicker and less painful for her, and after that, she could have easily disappeared. Letting Hayate go with the gem was a huge mistake from her part. I guess that shows Hayate is a big weakness of hers (whether that weakness is a good or a bad thing is relative).
In my opinion, I think the reunion was a pure incident, not planned. Athena was telling Hayate to leave from the start.

Anywyas, by this chapter, Hayate decides to confine the memories with Athena in the childhood within him since it seemed to him that Athena doesn't want to remember it so much so that she forgot it. I wonder how things will turn out from now on. Will he pretend not to know Athena next time he meets her?

Would it be a surprise if the restaurant that Hina and Hayate were planning to go belongs to Tennous family?
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 16:56   Link #1623
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
In my opinion, I think the reunion was a pure incident, not planned. Athena was telling Hayate to leave from the start.
I know, but twice? I mean, 10 years ago he ran away from home, and then ended up in that flower garden. Now, he did the same thing (under different circumstances, of course, and not exactly in the same fashion), and ended up meeting her again. That's why I was wondering if there isn't a third factor here.

I actually smirked when Athena told him: "Do you have a habit of getting lost in flower gardens?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Would it be a surprise if the restaurant that Hina and Hayate were planning to go belongs to Tennous family?
You know, before this chapter, I thought it'd be no big deal if Athena saw Hayate along with Hina having a date, but now, I wonder what kind of reaction will she have? Oh, and let's not forget that, maybe, Hina plans on confessing to him (well, although she said she wanted Hayate to confess to her, and not otherwise - perhaps, she'll change her mind?).
Old 2009-07-22, 17:18   Link #1624
aldw

Love is as much a prize as it is a gift at times, and as such has to be fought for. For someone in Hayate's position if he has the courage to still care for Athena then he needs to fight for her (heart), regardless of whether he succeeds or not in his effort he will have no chance at all if he chooses to do nothing.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 19:50   Link #1625
bebichocpha

Hayate and Hina go to restaurant on Mykodos or Hayate vs Athena for the Sazenim Gem ! Which one will be first ? can't wait !!!
bebichocpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 21:48   Link #1626
Lisemer

I think first hayate will go to the restaurant with Hina (she will try to cheer him, maybe), Athena will be nearby and, using the battle for the Gem as a excuse, attack him (actually, really for jealous). Then, Hayate say something that Hina misunderstand and Hayate, trying to explain himself, will reveal the relationship he and Athena had in the past...
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 01:02   Link #1627
bebichocpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisemer View Post
I think first hayate will go to the restaurant with Hina (she will try to cheer him, maybe), Athena will be nearby and, using the battle for the Gem as a excuse, attack him (actually, really for jealous). Then, Hayate say something that Hina misunderstand and Hayate, trying to explain himself, will reveal the relationship he and Athena had in the past...

the old fashion way but i like it, hope Hata like it too
bebichocpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 05:35   Link #1628
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
That scene's pretty predictable, and the series is notorious for being so random. Though it will satisfy the hunger of Athena/Hina fans.

Quote:
Love is as much a prize as it is a gift at times, and as such has to be fought for. For someone in Hayate's position if he has the courage to still care for Athena then he needs to fight for her (heart), regardless of whether he succeeds or not in his effort he will have no chance at all if he chooses to do nothing.
He's been working at his hardest since the start, the sole reason is that he wants to meet her again. But what makes him respectable in my book is for all the crap he's gone through, he still remained committed to his promise. And I do wish that the line "The earnest will get the last laugh" will be a scene with Hayate living happily ever after with a girl of his choice.

Back to the current chapter..

So does Athena supposedly planned that act in order to actually make Hayate move on with his life? Or just to make it easier to get the stone? Neither wouldn't work that easily though.
Old 2009-07-23, 06:30   Link #1629
tsunade666

Quote:
I know, but twice? I mean, 10 years ago he ran away from home, and then ended up in that flower garden. Now, he did the same thing That's why I was wondering if there isn't a third factor here.

You know, before this chapter, I thought it'd be no big deal if Athena saw Hayate along with Hina having a date, but now, I wonder what kind of reaction will she have? .
If their will be a 3rd party I believe it will be fate. its more romantic that way even though its old fashion but its cute. And if A-tan see hataye on his date with hina. She will probably will just act like she didn't see a thing just like what she did to hayate. But I think deep inside it will hurt her a LOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
So does Athena supposedly planned that act in order to actually make Hayate move on with his life? Or just to make it easier to get the stone? Neither wouldn't work that easily though.
I believe their someone answer that she do it so hayate can move on. And I believe it too. But at first I think its due to because hayate is the target or keeper of the gem that they are targeting. Emotions will hinder their battle so she is just trying to surpress it.

And their next meeting they will probably just act like nothing happen. Introduce oneself to each other like not knowing who they are talking with. Just keeping those deep emotions inside them. Like a walking nuke ready to explode. I would like to see a seen where they meet in hakuo or rather earlier the better.

The date with hina. Hayate seeing A-tan with her butler machina. Then A-tan seeing hayate with hina. Just looking both straight on the eyes. Like a frozen time then just break like an ice and try to walk different paths like theirs nothing happen. But after they where apart the suppresed emotions will just surface without them even realizing. For hayate like when she remember A-tan in izumi arc. He just suddenly cry without even realizing. That part really ticks my heart. It shows how deep their relationship and the scar left behind by it.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 07:04   Link #1630
leoblack9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I believe their someone answer that she do it so hayate can move on. And I believe it too. But at first I think its due to because hayate is the target or keeper of the gem that they are targeting. Emotions will hinder their battle so she is just trying to surpress it.

And their next meeting they will probably just act like nothing happen. Introduce oneself to each other like not knowing who they are talking with. Just keeping those deep emotions inside them. Like a walking nuke ready to explode. I would like to see a seen where they meet in hakuo or rather earlier the better.

The date with hina. Hayate seeing A-tan with her butler machina. Then A-tan seeing hayate with hina. Just looking both straight on the eyes. Like a frozen time then just break like an ice and try to walk different paths like theirs nothing happen. But after they where apart the suppresed emotions will just surface without them even realizing. For hayate like when she remember A-tan in izumi arc. He just suddenly cry without even realizing. That part really ticks my heart. It shows how deep their relationship and the scar left behind by it.
Me thinks that that fated day would be the day everyone meets up, the most coincidental place would be Hakuo (I think I read this from somewhere) and once their feelings explode its going to be a treat for us, but it would be a looong time for that to happen. There are still some who hasn't gotten their development (namely, Maria) and once they are done, its the time to take the stage for their most awaited reunion with all the glory... Ok got carried away there.. But still I want them reconciling and be happy.

Ok another one hit my head, one of those crazy ideas.. let me see..
Spoiler for crazy and too imaginative I am:
Old 2009-07-23, 08:21   Link #1631
Sixth
Hu Tao

Do you guys think that Hayate's father was a "natural iron-man" as well?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 09:09   Link #1632
leoblack9

Well based on what we have now we'll never know about know. Since what we only know about his parents are they are money leeches that brings Yukiji to shame. Oh what a coincidence, isn't Yukiji technically an iron man/woman too? Since its got to take nerves of steel for her to live like that. I guess her money leeching habit came from that too. And could possibly her parents are the same as Hayate? It wouldn't be surprising if they collaborated with each other.
Old 2009-07-23, 12:40   Link #1633
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
after reading c233:
YAHOOO...A-tan finally meet Hayate
Too bad Hata bastard didn't make it a nice encounter, look like he will make Hayate became Lolicon with his recent ojousama. And my prediction about Machina, it's was true, he is not a light opponent for Hayate, NICE!

Good point: Machina show his power,A-tan meet Hayate
Bad point: not a nice reunion, I hope some romantic meeting

well..may be you deserve this golden bullet, Hata-senseibe glad that I won't released till next 5 years

IMO
A-tan pretend because her plan to re-claim the King stone (the one in Hayate) for last and collect the other two first. It will be easier and not so much pain in the ass since the other two being hold by not so strong/smart owner.
And it's will make this manga will run for more goofy chapter till the end only god know,
for Hata-bastard money tree to still produce, and the manga publisher sake

Last edited by surerman; 2009-07-23 at 14:16. Reason: forgot the important part
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 15:41   Link #1634
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisemer View Post
I think it'll go more like:

- Hayate and Hina go on their restaurant date
- Hayate is gloomy most of the time
- Hina asks him what's wrong
- Hayate tells her as ambiguously as possible, but eventually slips up and mentions A-tan
- Hina is surprised to hear that Hayate mention her name, remembers that Hayate previously mentioned her "Name of the best goddess" bit before, and asks how he knows A-tan
- Hayate spills the beans
- Hina is shocked, then Machina interrupts and starts fighting Hayate
- Hayate, while being extremely emotionally distressed, loses the fight
- Hina steps in, catches Machina offguard and beats him
- A-tan finds Machina and asks why Machina went after Hayate without her consent
- Hina questions A-tan
- Close up of A-tan and a dramatic pause
- End chapter.

A-yup.

I'm calling it.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 17:12   Link #1635
aldw

One thing in my view regarding Hayate is that he should be as stubborn as Shirou Emiya in trying to repair things with Athena, so that whatever happens he can move forward with a clear heart and any mistakes or mishaps will be Athena's burden, not his.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 17:19   Link #1636
Wargumm1i
Hentai

All I can say is that we will be seeing alot of Athena from now on, since she knows now he is around. Possibly stalking him at school since she has alot of access there.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 19:25   Link #1637
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
I think it'll go more like:

- Hayate and Hina go on their restaurant date
- Hayate is gloomy most of the time
- Hina asks him what's wrong
- Hayate tells her as ambiguously as possible, but eventually slips up and mentions A-tan
- Hina is surprised to hear that Hayate mention her name, remembers that Hayate previously mentioned her "Name of the best goddess" bit before, and asks how he knows A-tan
- Hayate spills the beans
- Hina is shocked, then Machina interrupts and starts fighting Hayate
- Hayate, while being extremely emotionally distressed, loses the fight
- Hina steps in, catches Machina offguard and beats him
- A-tan finds Machina and asks why Machina went after Hayate without her consent
- Hina questions A-tan
- Close up of A-tan and a dramatic pause
- End chapter.

A-yup.

I'm calling it.
I'm not very happy (let's just call it "I'm unimpressed") with what Athena did for this latest chapter, but for this I'm giving it A-OK (pardon my bad pun ) if it happens.

It sounds awesome.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 22:16   Link #1638
primuler
Love For 3D

My dream scenario:

-Nagi and Ayumu goes on tour in the city, and they meet Athena on the street.
-Hayate ruins his date with Hina by being gloomy. (perhaps telling her about his relationship with Athena)
(one chapter cut here)
-Hayate returns home gloomily. Once again, he talks to Maria on balcony, and asks for her advice.
-Maria blushes and says that she had no real romance experience, so she can't say much for him.
-Just as Hayate is about to ask about Maria's past, Athena runs into them
- It seems that Athena came here on Nagi's invitation.
- Athena doesn't seem pleased to see Maria with Hayate.
- Another chapter ending with Athena, Maria and Hayate under moonlight.

Hata sounded as if Maria was going to have some roles in this arc... I'm just wondering when she will come in. This would be my dream scenario, but it won't happen for 90%.
Old 2009-07-24, 00:20   Link #1639
Used Can

My dream-like scenario involves Kotetsu running into a spaced-out Hayate, then he kisses him and just as that's happening, Athena happens to pass by.

Oh yes!
Old 2009-07-24, 00:52   Link #1640
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
My dream-like scenario involves Kotetsu running into a spaced-out Hayate, then he kisses him and just as that's happening, Athena happens to pass by.

Oh yes!
YEESSSS!!! YESSSSS!!! BL!!!! ALL HAIL BL!!!! *fangirl scream*

Just kidding tho

Nah. that can't be possible. Even though HnG is random, it can't be that random. Besides... it's mostly boys who read this series, so Hata would get blocked by his editors first. Which is a pity, because it'd make quite a scene.

Tags
comedy, shounen