Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-18, 15:22   Link #2241
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Orihime View Post

Hiroshi was the only one to get a Akuto instigating hug
Now that you mention it, Akuto held Hiroshi in his arms and wiped his tears!! So in the final episode, Hiroshi comes out of nowhere and one-ups the girls.

Final season 1 harem score:

first place - Lily (kiss)
second place - Hiroshi (hug and touched face)
third place - Junko/Keena/Fujiko/Korone
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 15:26   Link #2242
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Umm... the second half was okay. The first half, I didn't understand what the hell was going on, so I'll just ignore all that cryptic talk and take it as Akuto killed Suhara and Aimu helped him rewrite the past. Overall, a pretty average final episode for me. The problem was, everything happens so fast and things are left unexplained that Akuto's victory seems too easy and pretty hollow. :sigh:
Well the way I saw it, I figured the whole world needed to know what he did in order for him to look reeeal good

Instead, non-essential personnel don't have a clue of the truth that happened, so...

Which leads me to say, according to Keena's altered events, Sai Akuto assisted in the destruction of the Maou, pretty much making him a hero. And then we repeat the whole story, with these developments in mind? Guga....

And so, I forgot to talk about some stuff last week (pfft bad day, more like bad week ), and I had forgot to mention in ep 11, we never got to see Lily's chibi icon censor, which was the only appropriate time to use it, but they didn't, so Lily joins Eiko in the "I don't have a chibi censor" camp

And.... people can still use mana? Guess Suhara wasn't much of a God after all, or the Yggdrasil tree wasn't much of a mana station...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Now that you mention it, Akuto held Hiroshi in his arms and wiped his tears!! So in the final episode, Hiroshi comes out of nowhere and one-ups the girls.

Final season 1 harem score:

first place - Lily (kiss)
second place - Hiroshi (hug and touched face)
third place - Junko/Keena/Fujiko/Korone
Shouldn't Eiko be there somewhere with her "crotch kiss"?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 15:35   Link #2243
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

Shouldn't Eiko be there somewhere with her "crotch kiss"?

Damn, I forgot about that. Eiko gets first place then.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 15:47   Link #2244
Flames

So the blond hair keens was she in love with Maou because she did kiss him or was she in love with the time traveler?
Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 15:53   Link #2245
Bombo
TSF Fans

I love it and animation was HQ ..The end was great and finally the guga girl spoke hahaah
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 15:54   Link #2246
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames View Post
So the blond hair keens was she in love with Maou because she did kiss him or was she in love with the time traveler?
Hmm I don't remember if they exactly said she loved him, but it's known he loved her, so... she just wanted to end his misery, you know. Can't let the poor guy be lost in space

And, nooooooooooooooo! Not a glimpse of hentai snail. We will miss you oh slimy pantsu loving... oh, hello DVD special 01, wherefore art thou?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 16:08   Link #2247
yozaku
Always Idle

Great ending, best show this season
yozaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 16:17   Link #2248
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 16:37   Link #2249
tsunade666

The anime is just so hard to understand because they try to put all info on it without putting a good phase and set up. They just keep feeding info without stop until I stop thinking about it and just enjoy the show.

But with the show ended I can finally start reading the novel and compare some stuffs. I haven't touched it yet aside from skimming and looking at the illustrations.

Now if only they didn't turn the first part fan service for girls with bro love. I would have love the way they do stuff. But .... hug heroshi, crush mask then wipe tears. Aren't wiping someone tears only occur on a boy and girl? that just leaves me bad taste.

Then I didn't even see Eiko at the last episode. Heck the fight with Bouchy ended up fast that it doesn't even look a fight for me. And great cyborg miko's what could they bring us next. With a big cyber tree god suhara down. Their are still god for sai's church and korone's god. Then probably lots more. I wonder what would happen next.

Ah! they bring back Needless level of gar but not quite their yet in the fight of Akuto. Makes me remember how horrible they do episode 7.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 16:47   Link #2250
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was actually better than I expected. Then again, I did lower my expectations a lot beforehand
The show went so crazy those past few episodes that I'm actually happy with the reset, even it's a little too easy of a solution and it came out of nowhere. And P-chan ;_;...

The Korone eyecatch was easily the best part of this episode, along with Guga finally talking normally for no reason. Maybe Keena rewired her brain properly while she was at it.

@serenade_beta: have you been watching/rewatching Yugioh lately? That's the second time in two days I see you mention it
Old 2010-06-18, 17:12   Link #2251
Pong

So I watched the final episode...

Man that was some final episode!

-Sai vs Hiroshi - man that was GAR of Akuto and also pretty damn funny too - Hiroshi has ggantic man-crush on him so he opted to man-crush him in return (bad joke i know gomen )

-So God's wanted to destroy humanity and then do... something. Pretty nasty gods right there.

-Yamato fails and fails again and again poor guy. Especially as he fallen to such a simple trick. Must be destiny.

-But he was rigth on one account: Sai IS pretty dense sometimes.

- Is it me or did it sound like the contracting involved you know, mating Guess non of that for Keena then

-Noooooo Peterhausen!!!!

>>

<<

>>

Gentlemen we can rebuild him! We have the technology. (...) Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster!

-Sai kills the god... man that was one hell of a explosion.

-Pretty sneaky there blonde-keena , pretty sneaky indeed.

-Yuuko seems much nicer once the monster is gone.

-Junko so flustered as always even after what she done last ep. Girl never gonna change.

- Ending sequence was nice if very ope-ended. All who argued which girl will win ended up looking pretty damn stupid since we got such non conclusive ending (though I'm still lending for junko). But oh well ...

-Most important thing there is suggestion of a second season. And nothing really stands against it! there is good chance we get continuation!

If i was to describe the series as a whole it would be something like that:

Wow, just wow this was one hell of a ride! Loud colorful fast with plot all over the place! All characters were incredibly likable and well established despite series lightning fast pace.

It wasn't most complex or most intelligent anime this season but it was the most enjoyable and the one waited the most for. And in the end that's only thing that matters.

I will await second season.

THNX guys for sharing experience... with me.
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 19:25   Link #2252
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
I'm watching it at 2 AM, so I'm pretty much lost in all the dialog, especially in the first part. THe ending is a sequel hook. My impression about the series...like some people say, it's a rollercoaster ride with the speed turned up to eleven, there's some good parts and some bad parts. Most of the bad parts was due to the speed, especially during the end. The final battle ended really quickly to the extent of being anti-climactic, the least they could do is make it a 13 episode to spread out the finale a little, you know...But eh, if I'm going to list the things that doesn't make much sense, I won't get any sleep until morning.

So, I'm a bit disappointed, but I'll give it to the show: at least it shows something different than just your average cookie cutter harem. I actually likes Akuto as a male lead, much more badass than your typical harem protagonists. Loved the girls, there's potential there to be more interesting if they got more time for further characterization. Best character? Peterhausen, of course. Also, the plot actually has good potential. Do I want to see next season? Yes, I loved the characters and would love to see them again, but this time, don't start the series before you're truly ready. Oh, and one more thing I'll give to this series, it is exactly due to its 'unclear nature' that it's been great fun discussing it with you guys, especially Eikotron, so thanks for that as well.

So, short of the DVD special, this thread will draws to a close soon. I wonder in which thread will I see you guys in summer? And will Eikotron bombard the thread with almost 300 posts alone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Hmm I don't remember if they exactly said she loved him, but it's known he loved her, so... she just wanted to end his misery, you know. Can't let the poor guy be lost in space

And, nooooooooooooooo! Not a glimpse of hentai snail. We will miss you oh slimy pantsu loving... oh, hello DVD special 01, wherefore art thou?
You know, Keena DO lost her panties....
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 19:28   Link #2253
Dahak86
Classics never age

well, although I agree with some of serenade's points to some extent...
I'll give this anime 9/10, if it weren't for the crappy animation some episodes had to suffer (ep 7 comes to my mind), I'd easily give it 10 out of 10. and, as I already said, I loved the FTL-pace in the latest eps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pong View Post
- Ending sequence was nice if very ope-ended.
- Most important thing there is suggestion of a second season. And nothing really stands against it! there is good chance we get continuation! I will await second season.
That is what I hope, this anime really deserves a second season. so, I'll be waiting too. Meanwhile, dvd specials will keep me company.
oh, and I'll probably pop up in here to comment about'em as soon as they'll be out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pong View Post
THNX guys for sharing experience... with me.
Thanks to you too! and to everyone else, especially mangatron... if it weren't for him, I wouldn't have enjoyed this thread so much. And his explanations were always so enlightening... Still awaiting your new 4-koma but don't hurry, take your time, good artists always need their proper time for their works.
again, thanks to all of you!

Now, about incoming summer session, I'll be in Strike Witches 2-ki thread for sure. and maybe Sekirei 2 and HSotD thread too, as soon as these ones will start airing. but SW2-ki is pretty much guaranteed.

ah, I was forgetting, I guess I'll quote myself in order to renew my request:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Now, I just wanna someone who read the novels to kick in and tell me all the differences between this ep and LNs! Plz! It would be very appreciated...
seeing as how in ep 10 and 11 there were lots of differences from LNs, I'm just curious to know what they've changed with this final ep, I doubt they stayed true to the novels down to the minimal detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
And will Eikotron bombard the thread with almost 300 posts alone?
there is a high probability that he will...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
You know, Keena DO lost her panties....
oh, you're implying it was H-snail?...lol interesting... but I thought the snail was hooked on Fujiko's pantsu only... well, I think first dvd special will prove me wrong.

Last edited by Dahak86; 2010-06-18 at 19:58.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 19:44   Link #2254
Wigwams

ahhh. i guess it was OK...

the only thing i can really be happy about is that this ending gives an opening for a second season... /pray
Old 2010-06-18, 19:47   Link #2255
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
@serenade_beta: have you been watching/rewatching Yugioh lately? That's the second time in two days I see you mention it
It has been a long time since I played Yugioh (in real life too), so I bought the WC2010 for the DS (so many new cards... and effects too powerful).
And I started watching 5Ds. (Not enough cute girls; too much stuff not involving dueling)
Haven't really watched much involving DM recently, but DM was great enough to pop up in my memories just by watching anything Yugioh related.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 20:07   Link #2256
bigdeath

What an awesome way to end the show. I loved it. Junko was certainly the winner of the harem war. JUNKO FOREVER!

I love the ending during the credits. Ends how it began.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 20:11   Link #2257
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
WTF Trainwheck did I watch?

At the very least I came about to understanding Boui... time-traveller man. I actually felt really sorry for him. The girl he loved destined to ehem "contract" with a demon lord because it's what some... tree thing decided. At least I finally understood what Boss was raging about all this time. Since to me at least, he seemed like the bad guy in the previous episodes.

I also felt sorry about er... Brave getting ... that ninja sister girl with the f'd up monster blood. And then her memory getting wiped after that explosion. Thing and forgetting all about that. Lol Boss steals all the ladies it seems. Someone needs to get both these two their own ladies if that's even possible.
Anyone else agree these two deserve better? Or at least the former?

God battle was NOT epic. Lastly. R.I.P Pe-chan.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 20:36   Link #2258
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Very good ending to a very good show, with the harem all there, then a slight reset and an opening to the next season. I liked how Keena was shown approving of AkutoxJunko, while she had agreed previously that there was time for her and Akuto to get together themselves. Sounds like a harem to me.

The only thing missing was more Korone. But at least she was present and accounted for at the end.

My main point about this show is that its speed was not a fault at all, but one of its main virtues. It would have been a banal snooze if it had been spread over two seasons and developed more normally. As it is, it was a fun rollercoaster ride.

And I didn't find it particularly hard to understand, as long as you didn't demand explanations ahead of time, but were willing to wait for them to appear in their time. Everything ended up making sense to me.

For me, this is one of the three best shows of the season, along with House of Five Leaves and Working.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 20:38   Link #2259
eiyuu99

Future occupation: Maou

You still cannot escape from your destiny, do you?
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 20:41   Link #2260
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Man the poor Mikos who got choped in half. Even I raised an eyebrow on that one.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, shounen