AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-02, 18:47   Link #721
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Does anyone know if the light novels about the 501st are canon? I don't exactly know the term the Japanese use when trying to figure out if something is canon or not, so it's hard for me to Google it. The best I can come up with is that the Wikipedia entry for these novels says that it's a "novelized" version of the first season, so that seems like its canon.

But it also says that there are "original episodes" which sounds like those are non-canon because the games are all labeled as having "original stories" and those aren't canon. The titles of some of the original chapters like "夜間専従班再び!─または翼よ、あれが命の灯だ!" and "雪中の笛吹き─またはサーニャとエイラのカンタータ" sound like they have awesome Eilanya stuff. It'd be nice if these stories were canon so we could get more "official" Eilanya.
Maximum Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 22:19   Link #722
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

How long was that wine there it got Mio drunk fast and Mio is awesome when she drunk she crazy. Best kiss ever

Minna was just so cute sleeping on Hartmann's back
Old 2010-09-02, 23:27   Link #723
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Isn't it ironic that although Adolf Galland invented flying with no pants, Air Vice Marshal Major General Adolfine Galland is the only Strike Witch to wear pants?

Old 2010-09-03, 01:14   Link #724
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
How long was that wine there it got Mio drunk fast and Mio is awesome when she drunk she crazy. Best kiss ever
Drunk Major needs her own spinoff. In fact, they should just get everybody drunk and call it Drunk Witches. I'd be down for that
Old 2010-09-03, 03:55   Link #725
einhorn303

I'm really disappointed that this is the Perrine episode. I know director Takamura has consciously chosen this lighter, plot-light tone for the 2nd season, but...I just don't like it as much as the 1st season.

Spoiler for ep 09:
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 04:37   Link #726
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
Isn't it ironic that although Adolf Galland invented flying with no pants, Air Vice Marshal Major General Adolfine Galland is the only Strike Witch to wear pants?

It works; in our world, he was the first pilot to not wear pants. And so in SW, she is the first which to do so.
Old 2010-09-03, 09:56   Link #727
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Nothing more to say about episode 9..
..one of those episodes that's ok for me to miss since it didn't have significant contribution to the storyline..

Anyway, is it me or Perrine's glasses are already part of her face?.
She wears it even underwater.
How is that supposed to work when human eyes don't see well
when in a liquid?

Last edited by pauldy; 2010-09-03 at 21:00.
pauldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 11:57   Link #728
Wrath88
Kissing...

I was also wondering, normally old maps would fall apart in the water, but she simply dove straight in with it.
Old 2010-09-03, 18:14   Link #729
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
I won't even list all the logical consistencies, as they are legion.
How do you get massively drunk in 2 seconds from a wine cauldron falling on your head?

From what part of her bikini does Lucchini suddenly pull Perrine's rapier from all of a sudden?

How can Lucchini be so darned adorable ALL THE TIME, even in a Perrine episode?
Old 2010-09-03, 18:28   Link #730
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Quote:
From what part of her bikini does Lucchini suddenly pull Perrine's rapier from all of a sudden?
It was one of the weapons Lucchini took off of the wall.
Maximum Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 23:45   Link #731
flying ^

Been lurking in this thread for awhile. I wonder who here has the tools and skills to make an AMV (not me of course )

I would love to see Karlsland trio in action AMV using this music.

This short clip should give you the feeling/atmosphere...
Spoiler:

This is the only high-quality audio that I can find
Spoiler:

I think The Trio, or the rest of the 501st + this music kicks ass!

Pick the best scenes from season 1 and 2.
Use the epic soundtrack from 00:00 to 01:35, or extend all the way to 03:08 if you want (without vocals)
flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 00:32   Link #732
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That wasn't Perrine's rapier. It was one of those rapiers that Luchinni was playing with earlier that she took off the wall. Luchinni simply passed it to Perrine (with an impressive catch no less).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 12:38   Link #733
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Wow this kind hearted and affectionate big-sister who hugs children is a 180 degree turn from the mean and self centered Perrine I once knew....
Old 2010-09-04, 12:51   Link #734
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Friend: "Genderbend Strike witches?"
Me: "And piss of so many moe freaks? na"

EDIT: /sigh, this was just one of thousands of animes we were joking about, such as genderbend Sailor moon *shiver* or FLCL. No disrespect to the fans. it was all for fun and by freaks I mean strong fans. not mutants people who are bonkers for that fetish, as I am for tough girls who know how to fight(Aqua from KHs,Saeko from HOTD,Alkaid from .hack and samus of course)

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2010-09-04 at 13:25.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 19:52   Link #735
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Lots of Lucchini and swimsuits with Perrine in RPG mode and drunk Mio (as well as sad Minna).

I approve of this episode.

Though I'm a bit worried that after 9/12 episodes we still have no plot concerning the new Neuroi hive.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 04:30   Link #736
Dahak86
Classics never age

Spoiler for Hartmann episode preview:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Though I'm a bit worried that after 9/12 episodes we still have no plot concerning the new Neuroi hive.
I'm a bit worried too.. but as someone said few pages back, maybe Yoshika will master the true Reppuzan thingy, and will get rid of the hive with a HUGE single shot.
Old 2010-09-06, 11:45   Link #737
Blue-Ultimate
Strategic Impersonator

Was quite the funny episode, too bad not everybody could share the same opinion about the previous ep, which was hilarious to me, but I am a bit sad because I expected to see an epic fight between perinne and the golem, but oh well a 1 hit K.O. is funny.

And yes I finally got what I wanted Somebody DIED...... well sort of.... Mio......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
- yea, finally we see Mio using the Reppuzan again... I was wondering if we would ever see it again... (before series' end)

I especially enjoyed this=>
Spoiler:
- uh, now Reppuzan is weak? how come? and what is this true Reppuzan about? just when I was wondering if Mio could be even more badass than this! here comes the new Reppuzan bankai-mode

- Oooh, a regenerating Neuroi too... it was about damn time, why it took soo long?? lol

It looks like Fat-Man was the reference this time (not sure, just found it) =>
Spoiler:
- for a moment I thought the Yamato was going to sink, next time.. maybe? lulz

- wat the?! a new striker unit?! and where was the voice of Yoshika's father coming from?! she just dreamt about it?

Yoshika gets her new striker unit =>
Spoiler:
- hmm, and so the reason Yoshika couldn't fly anymore was... that her magic power grew too powerful for her old striker unit to handle... aah, now I see. well, It does make sense. (looks like the limiter installed on the old unit to protect the magic engine wasn't helping though).

and now Miyafuji can easily match Mio badassery level too, thanks to her new Magnificent Lighting!
can't wait to see those two going all out and slicing/destroying every Neuroi on their path!

- the doctor, not bad. =>
Spoiler:
also, next ep seems to deliver =>
Spoiler:
I couldn't see the images then and still now :C think you could upload them on another site.

Quote:
Spoiler for ep9 gifs:
can't wait for the Hartmann episode, now!
Aaaah I was too late just 3 days and there already gone sniff, could you upload them again please, maybe on http://imageshack.us/ you can even upload multiply images at the same time. And it won''t disappear after 3 days
pleaseeeee
Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
I'm really disappointed that this is the Perrine episode. I know director Takamura has consciously chosen this lighter, plot-light tone for the 2nd season, but...I just don't like it as much as the 1st season.

Spoiler for ep 09:
I have been seeing that trend lately too, and also the running gag of Minna is becoming pretty funny although I think it is some excuse to fill up time. But it's funny non the less and also I The lip sync was pretty of off. And to bad they dramatise Perinne lines more let her say "if only you where still with me to tell me what to do" it would have fleshed her out much much more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Friend: "Genderbend Strike witches?"
Me: "And piss of so many moe freaks? na"

EDIT: /sigh, this was just one of thousands of animes we were joking about, such as genderbend Sailor moon *shiver* or FLCL. No disrespect to the fans. it was all for fun and by freaks I mean strong fans. not mutants people who are bonkers for that fetish, as I am for tough girls who know how to fight(Aqua from KHs,Saeko from HOTD,Alkaid from .hack and samus of course)
Did someone say GENDERBEND or should I say the Strike Mages

this is FREAKING MANLY.... but creepy in the same way.... what if the real show was like this..... god we'd have many more girl fans. oh GOD what if THIS becomes the OVA their talking about OoO

Quote:
Spoiler for Hartmann episode preview:

I'm a bit worried too.. but as someone said few pages back, maybe Yoshika will master the true Reppuzan thingy, and will get rid of the hive with a HUGE single shot.
more like "My Sword will PIERCE THE HEAVENS", don't know where that quote came from but it was from another anime does someone else know.
but yeah I said it, and I think it will come true eventually seeing how how there are only few episodes left to develop plot, seeing how the next epis also a character build ep meaning only 2 eps for the development.

with the cameo form 504th doing a joint op with 501th seems not possible right now, unless the drop the bomb on us with that one.
and well Mio already "died" >.> so I guess that one is scrapped from my list.
and neuroi-chan making a debut... unless it's also in the lest 2 eps with MASSIVE landslides and tidal waves of EPIC plot development action.

I won't be seeing the 504th in action nor a appearance from neuroi-chan.

And now from some obligatory cross over pics.
Spoiler for cross overrr:
Blue-Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 12:44   Link #738
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

umm. ew >_> why not strike warlocks?
Old 2010-09-06, 13:56   Link #739
supei_02
Potatoes = world peace

woah gender bend...
Hartmann and Eila look better than the others, but still they NEED to wear pants.
Yoshika just looks like a pure pervert there lol
Old 2010-09-07, 04:34   Link #740
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Ultimate View Post
I couldn't see the images then and still now :C think you could upload them on another site.
yea, I know.. sorry. lol, I tried different imagehosts and I've been experimenting with "sadpanda" recently, looks fast and reliable.. so... let's see if it works! => http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...01#post3211101 <- my previous Ep 8 post with pics re-uploaded.

Quote:
Aaaah I was too late just 3 days and there already gone sniff, could you upload them again please, maybe on http://imageshack.us/ you can even upload multiply images at the same time. And it won''t disappear after 3 days
pleaseeeee
sure, here's the ep9 gifs re-uploaded => http://yfrog.com/n2tv1283451502574gx - and a collections of the best shots from ep9, enjoy! => http://yfrog.com/n9tv1283447048764jx
(there are also some gifs that I didn't post before, so check it out guys!)

oh btw, since I was little bored, I made these...
(having seen how the "Nureru" meme is spreading as fast as the speed of light, I just HAD to do them ) me hopes, you can enjoy =>
Spoiler for Nureru witches:
I also made this gif of the yuri-kiss =>
Spoiler:
haha, it just took me about 5 minutes to do them all (pics + gif), so I don't know if they are good or not.. what do you guys think about'em?

Quote:
Did someone say GENDERBEND or should I say the Strike Mages
Spoiler for size:
this is FREAKING MANLY.... but creepy in the same way.... what if the real show was like this..... god we'd have many more girl fans. oh GOD what if THIS becomes the OVA their talking about OoO
me hopes that is NOT the ova they were talking about... it just cannot be... am I right? lolz

Quote:
more like "My Sword will PIERCE THE HEAVENS", don't know where that quote came from but it was from another anime does someone else know.
but yeah I said it, and I think it will come true eventually seeing how how there are only few episodes left to develop plot, seeing how the next epis also a character build ep meaning only 2 eps for the development.

with the cameo form 504th doing a joint op with 501th seems not possible right now, unless the drop the bomb on us with that one.
and well Mio already "died" >.> so I guess that one is scrapped from my list.
and neuroi-chan making a debut... unless it's also in the lest 2 eps with MASSIVE landslides and tidal waves of EPIC plot development action.

I won't be seeing the 504th in action nor a appearance from neuroi-chan.
ye, that's too bad
I'd really like seeing Neuroi-chan again, or the 504th girls for that matter.. I feel very displeased about that.. but who knows, it might still happen though..
I'll sure enjoy the Hartmann episode, whatever the case.

Tags
kemonomimi, light novel adaptation, mecha, mecha musume