AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-09, 15:31   Link #101
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

I just think filler or not, canon or not, the show is now beyond long winded...in 276 eps DBZ managed to knock off no less than 10 bosses...so far in Bleach 1 Boss who has yet to be even fought with, much less beaten and 1 million weaklings. I say weaklings because compared to Aizen (that bastard) his subordinates are a joke. It used to be I would watch Bleach every week because it kicked ass...now I just watch it as a habit, like smoking, at first it is cool in your mind but as you get older you start realizing it is not so cool lol.

and what is with all the comments on rep? who cares? is a bunch of anonymous anime fans opinion of you that important? Turn off the rep and avoid all the BS.
Old 2009-07-09, 16:03   Link #102
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Hey don't be like that. You'll become famous soon!
Of course. I'll just have to bitch more right?

I guess the more you are in to it Mitsuomi1971, the less the fun. But now and then there will be a situation where you're eyebrow will be risen

You can't just compare episode number of DBZ with Bleach. In DBZ we had like 4-5 heroes fighting over and over again with new villains where in Bleach even the side characters (and there are quite a few) get a bit of screentime and have their own battles.
Old 2009-07-09, 16:14   Link #103
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
its funny we're spending most of the time on this episode thread to not talk about the episode. that alone is enough to tell how horrible it was. maybe if we continue, time will fly by and we get to see the next one. hopefully it'll show some background on the arrancar, i'd be ok with that.
Old 2009-07-09, 16:46   Link #104
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
looks like im dropping bleach ...meh....
Old 2009-07-09, 19:13   Link #105
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeDeR View Post
later bro
Old 2009-07-09, 21:58   Link #106
Alchemist007
*Author

Ah at least it wasn't total random bs.
Old 2009-07-09, 22:05   Link #107
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi1971 View Post
I just think filler or not, canon or not, the show is now beyond long winded...in 276 eps DBZ managed to knock off no less than 10 bosses...so far in Bleach 1 Boss who has yet to be even fought with, much less beaten and 1 million weaklings. I say weaklings because compared to Aizen (that bastard) his subordinates are a joke. It used to be I would watch Bleach every week because it kicked ass...now I just watch it as a habit, like smoking, at first it is cool in your mind but as you get older you start realizing it is not so cool lol.

and what is with all the comments on rep? who cares? is a bunch of anonymous anime fans opinion of you that important? Turn off the rep and avoid all the BS.
It realy depends on what you are calling a boss if your calling the major fight at the end of an arc I highly doubt dbz knocked off 10 boss because it never had 10 bosses to begin with. It had Vegeta, Freeza, Garlic jr, Cell and Boo. So far Bleach has had Byakuya, Kariya, Amagai, and the Espada(although realy only Grim and Ulquiorra so far seem to fit the boss mold and Ulquiorra's still standing.)
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2009-07-10, 00:11   Link #108
scorpio516

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
It realy depends on what you are calling a boss if your calling the major fight at the end of an arc I highly doubt dbz knocked off 10 boss because it never had 10 bosses to begin with. It had Vegeta, Freeza, Garlic jr, Cell and Boo. So far Bleach has had Byakuya, Kariya, Amagai, and the Espada(although realy only Grim and Ulquiorra so far seem to fit the boss mold and Ulquiorra's still standing.)
Don't forget Kenny! Ichigo vs. Kenpachi was the culmination of "season 2"

And there was Ichigo vs. Renji around ep 30. In a RPG, Renji would be a boss .
Old 2009-07-10, 00:13   Link #109
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Thanks to the extra anime arcs, bleach also got Kariya and Amagai to fill in the boss positions...and let's not forget the moving hollow fortress!
Old 2009-07-10, 01:09   Link #110
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post

DBZ also had Android 17,18,19,20 as well as Raditz(he was standalone before Frieza was even known about) and of course the 13 movies and 2 TV specials and 1 Playdia OAV...which repeat Android 17,18...then Broly in 3 of them...and Janenba in Fusion Reborn...Hildegarn in Wrath of the Dragon. Bojack from Bojack unbound...and the 2 Androids from Super Android 13...So I would say DBZ has way way over 10 Bosses. Bear in mind DBZ was pretty straightforward. And not a constant diversion from the storyline.

Bleach and DBZ are 2 different shows, they truly can't be compared. Bleach has lots of side trips, while DBZ contained it's sidetrips to mainly a few eps at most and not 1 and 2 year arcs.(Save the Saiyaman and World Tournament arcs which total between them only encompassed 25 eps) While Bleach has had at least 80 eps of Filler over 1/3 of the show has been a diverison... Had DBZ had as many "filler" eps as Bleach(especially when considered that it just started a new filler time and is sure to have at least a few more by the time Aizen gets his in about 5 years) it would have taken over 375 episodes to finish the series. Whereas Bleach at this pace may take as long as 550 episodes, and at those numbers you will have 183 eps of filler all to get to one man.

The truth is DBZ has a special place in my heart, but Bleach is my favorite newer anime.

Last edited by Mitsuomi1971; 2009-07-10 at 02:40.
Old 2009-07-10, 02:56   Link #111
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi1971 View Post
DBZ also had Android 17,18,19,20 as well as Raditz(he was standalone before Frieza was even known about) and of course the 13 movies and 2 TV specials and 1 Playdia OAV...which repeat Android 17,18...then Broly in 3 of them...and Janenba in Fusion Reborn...Hildegarn in Wrath of the Dragon. Bojack from Bojack unbound...and the 2 Androids from Super Android 13...So I would say DBZ has way way over 10 Bosses. Bear in mind DBZ was pretty straightforward. And not a constant diversion from the storyline.

Bleach and DBZ are 2 different shows, they truly can't be compared. Bleach has lots of side trips, while DBZ contained it's sidetrips to mainly a few eps at most and not 1 and 2 year arcs.(Save the Saiyaman and World Tournament arcs which total between them only encompassed 25 eps) While Bleach has had at least 80 eps of Filler over 1/3 of the show has been a diverison... Had DBZ had as many "filler" eps as Bleach(especially when considered that it just started a new filler time and is sure to have at least a few more by the time Aizen gets his in about 5 years) it would have taken over 400 episodes to finish the series. Whereas Bleach at this pace may take as long as 550 episodes, and at those numbers you will have 183 eps of filler all to get to one man.

The truth is DBZ has a special place in my heart, but Bleach is my favorite newer anime.
If your counting Android 17,18,19,20 and Raditz, your going to have to count Renji, Ken, the other captians, the mod soul trio, the Previlion Espada, and all the rest of the Espada. And you only stated the show it self. Anyway all but the garlic and bardok movies are not not part of the dargonball contuity.

Dragonball Z covers 26 volumes (of dragonballs 42), and had 291 (note the dub cut 15 eps) anime eps with an ungodly amount of filler, most of it them standing around looking constapated powering up, to cover it (there is a reason it was known to some as Drag-on Ball) (your also forgeting The Garlic jr arc (8 eps and the following 3 are not directly covered by the manga putting it at nearly a full season) and the are we at Namic yet arc( an other 8 eps out of a season of 13)). This ep brings us 1 chapter shy of the end of volume 39 and has fit in 5 filler seasons.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by kagato3; 2009-07-10 at 03:54.
Old 2009-07-10, 04:29   Link #112
wirajati

its filler, ok. but why i get this feeling that mizuiro is "more than meets the eye"? the only lunch friend unaffected with kurosaki's constant reaitsu spill? kubo may have some trump cards with mizuiro.
Old 2009-07-10, 10:44   Link #113
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The only thing I have to say about this episode is...I wish I was in Matsumoto's dream

P.S: Yes, I am that shallow xD

P.S.S: on another note, beach episode coming up!!! Not that you didn't know already...

Last edited by Kafriel; 2009-07-10 at 11:04.
Old 2009-07-10, 14:54   Link #114
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
P.S.S: on another note, beach episode coming up!!! Not that you didn't know already...
Matsumoto could be in Baywatch... i think she would have more success there
Old 2009-07-10, 15:13   Link #115
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

(I don't know why I forgot 291 lol, since I included arcs that were not in the original censored dub)Ah Kagato3, I definitely can't argue manga vs non-manga...I never read them. That is probably why I do not know much about continuity and canon...to me it is all the same. But if you start counting Renji and so on, then you have to add All of the Ginyu force, along with Nappa, and so on. Bleach's main enemies(for the most part) are confined to working for one man. While DBZ's enemies were diverse and varied(added for redundancy).

Last edited by Mitsuomi1971; 2009-07-10 at 15:29.
Old 2009-07-10, 17:30   Link #116
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

I agree with whoever said that they should save the money for the real story >.< You can always get some hentai vids somewhere if you want anime girls in boobis. -.-
Old 2009-07-10, 17:48   Link #117
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirajati View Post
its filler, ok. but why i get this feeling that mizuiro is "more than meets the eye"? the only lunch friend unaffected with kurosaki's constant reaitsu spill?
I wouldn't say unaffected he's been seeing hollows since the SS arc and was part of the group that followed Ichigo in shinigami form into Urahara's place.
Old 2009-07-10, 18:08   Link #118
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
The only thing I have to say about this episode is...I wish I was in Matsumoto's dream

P.S: Yes, I am that shallow xD

i see that we are kindred spirits
Old 2009-07-11, 02:30   Link #119
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

this Filler episode was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pointless -_- almost as pointless as this post

what was the point of this Filler? or should we call it a Flashback filler.
Old 2009-07-11, 02:51   Link #120
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeDeR View Post
*shrug* not hard to find something else when filler rolls in
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly episode discussion