Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-04-02, 15:30   Link #301
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^One of the funniest parts about playing a necromancer (and I am labeling Kabuto a necromancer, now), is turning your recently deceased enemies into mindless zombie allies...
It would be cool if the evil necromancer edo tensei'd the Raikage's arm so Akatsuki could have a hand servant like The Adams family.
Old 2010-04-02, 15:42   Link #302
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Seems like we will soon have zombified make ups of former fights.
Rawrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 15:47   Link #303
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Seems like we will soon have zombified make ups of former fights.
Or maybe Madara will just laugh at Kabuto and finally show us the power of his EMS while he slaughters Kabuto and the zombies.
Old 2010-04-02, 16:06   Link #304
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Or maybe Madara will just laugh at Kabuto and finally show us the power of his EMS while he slaughters Kabuto and the zombies.
That would be so pointless. I think that would be most stupid thing that could happen in Naruto now.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 16:30   Link #305
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
That would be so pointless. I think that would be most stupid thing that could happen in Naruto now.
Sasuke could do it instead, I don't think he will be too happy about Kabuto using the Necronomicon to turn his brother into a zombie slave. Plus Kabuto and Sasuke already have a score to settle.
Old 2010-04-02, 16:37   Link #306
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Sasuke could do it instead, I don't think he will be too happy about Kabuto using the Necronomicon to turn his brother into a zombie slave. Plus Kabuto and Sasuke already have a score to settle.
Actually, I could see Sasuke attempting to have "Brother Bonding Time" with zombified Itachi. Even having one-sided conversations-- though I think the zombies do talk, don't they? Can't remember but I think the Hokages had a brief discussion before they fought.
Old 2010-04-02, 16:44   Link #307
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Well, Kabuto once said that he's going after Sasuke, and I still believe that he might deceive Madara, just to get close to his prey. While I don't think it's likely to happen, Kabuto killing Sasuke would have a major impact on Naruto, who's been desperately trying to bring his old teammate back to Konoha.
That kind of thing happened in "another popular anime" recently, and it was well received by the fans, so I give it a chance of happening in Naruto as well. However, with Naruto's latest decision on how to deal with Sasuke, now might be a little too late for it to happen.
Old 2010-04-02, 17:44   Link #308
Slayerx

Quote:
I am rather waiting for itachi to get a chance to say something to sasuke...
"so you took my eyes, allied yourself with madara and now you are going to destroy kohona... if i was still in my grave i'd be rolling in it"

and now i'm reminded that madara promised Itachi not to touch kohona =p

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Yeah I don't think (hope) that Kabuto's new technique equals Dragonballs without cooldown. That would just be lame and erase the meaning of death in the manga.
Well, Kabuto does need to use chakra to summon them... so there is a cooldown
And it does not erase the meaning of death since you comeback as an enslaved zombie... so it doesn't mean much for villain deaths but plenty for good guy deaths

but ya other than that, the only limit we have seen was that the dead person you bring back must not have their soul sealed somewhere... so ya, almost no limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Better yet, simply have them fight Sasuke. In fact, bring the whole clan back and have them fight Sasuke...now that would be cool.
Well he does seem to be possibly limited to 5 people at once...
So for Sasuke i'd just go with mommy, daddy, and Itachi

Actually maybe just Itachi... Mommy and daddy would probably be proud of Sasuke's choice to destroy kohona... Itachi however would have no kind words about Sasuke's choice and thus be even more demoralizing to fight against.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 22:37   Link #309
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

I find that when a person is summoned by Edo Tensei, they have all their free will and can decide not to obey the caster. The only way Orochimaru got the First and the Second to fight was with the seal in those kunai.

I hope that Kabuto ends up summoning the Fourth and he would immediatey realise what is going on. Then he would Flying Thunder God his way out of there and go back to the Village.

He'd walk in and everyone looks at him and he goes and says "You look like you've seen a ghost!" and then he goes to see Naruto and Naruto yells "Hey dad!" and all the villagers pass out due to information overload. lol
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 00:05   Link #310
ragnos007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
I am talking about the shouten.

Kakashi had elite ninjas from the sand at his disposal (Yuura, one of the best of a major village). Yet he chose to use a powered down Itachi who showed strictly nothing.

It's the same here. Lazyness and fanservice. (Kabuto is just a giant rehash and Kishi won't waste his time designing the "new pawn" Madara wanted after Nagato's death)

Well, that's an upgrade.
Remember what Kabuto said to Naruto when he gave him info on akatsuki - He wants to kill sasuke. So why is he wanting to "join forces" with Madara? So he can get close to Sasuke and have a crack at him. Plain and simple
Old 2010-04-03, 00:06   Link #311
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaluckyboy View Post
I find that when a person is summoned by Edo Tensei, they have all their free will and can decide not to obey the caster. The only way Orochimaru got the First and the Second to fight was with the seal in those kunai.

I hope that Kabuto ends up summoning the Fourth and he would immediatey realise what is going on. Then he would Flying Thunder God his way out of there and go back to the Village.

He'd walk in and everyone looks at him and he goes and says "You look like you've seen a ghost!" and then he goes to see Naruto and Naruto yells "Hey dad!" and all the villagers pass out due to information overload. lol
No edo tensei does not allow for that... When someone is brought back they have free will and movement but their body is not complete and it appears crude decayed; much like how the akatsuki look right now... they can speak o their own, but their movement is extremely limited because of the poor condition of their body... it is only when those seals are in place that the body is completed and retruned to full fighting form; and at that same time the personality erased to take away their free will... if there was a chance to escape like that, the first two hokages would have done so themselves when Oro summoned them instead of just standing there and letting him use them as human meat puppets

Actually looking back at that old chapter, i can't help but notice that while Nidame did recognize the jutsu first, he also called it a taboo art... Sarutobi aswell seemed to have disdain for the jutsu, not so much how oro was using it but the mere fact that he used it (saying to me Sarutobi would not apporve of using the move to summon back enemy ninja and use them)... Considering he was a student of the first and second hokage, in addition to Nidame's words, i find it easy to conclude that Nidame being the technique's creator is nothing more than BS retcon. i mean, why would nidame create such a move that he himself would recognize as being taboo? and i feel that sarutobi speaks a bit for nidame's character and thus makes such a move out of character for nidame.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 00:19   Link #312
ragnos007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Wow, Kabuto is fucking awesome. Is Kishi going to bring the entire Akatsuki? After all, when Orochimaru summoned Shodaime and Nidaime, they retained their original personalities and such. I think Orochimaru inserted those kunai so he could control them.

Too bad Hidan is not there, but then I suppose he's still alive.

Anyway, I can just picture this entirely:

Deidara: Sasuke!! Damn you, you killed me!
Sasuke: What the hell? You're back again?
Deidara: ART IS BANG!! *explosions*

It is kind of a lame Dragonball-type thing, but Deidara is so awesome that I don't care. I just hope he retains his personality.
I just thought of something :P If Kabuto hangs around long enough on akatsukis side i wonder if he will use Deidara to fight his sister :P
Old 2010-04-03, 00:24   Link #313
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnos007 View Post
I just thought of something :P If Kabuto hangs around long enough on akatsukis side i wonder if he will use Deidara to fight his sister :P
Hopefully she has mouth-hands too.
Old 2010-04-03, 00:30   Link #314
ragnos007

I want to learn more about Tobi/Madara and in particular his space/time jutsu. How does that work? How did he get that ability? It seems to be connected to the sharingan too because when ever we see him transport somewhere or someone, it originates at the eye. I wanna know how the fight against the Shodaime broke him, How he lost his EMS and how come he has only 1 eye (I say this because it doesnt make sense for him to hide the other one unless he has the rinnegan in it and he is using the mask like kakashi and Danzou. I wanna know how he was able to control the Kyuubi with the normal Sharingan and not the EMS (10 yrs ago when he set Kyuubi on Konoha). I kinda thought that the EMS was needed for Kyuubi because Kyuubi is supposed to be the most bad ass and powerful. I have a theory though... Maybe because the sharingan is the eye of the Juubi..
But yes More info on this mysterious Akatsuki leader. We dont even really know what his true plan is. He has told everyone different stories and different parts of the stories so which one do we go for?
Old 2010-04-03, 00:30   Link #315
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

What sister are you talking about? Did I miss something?
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 00:33   Link #316
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

^This might help explain. I was a tad confused at first to tell I googled 'Diedara's Sister', found said link and looked at the Trivia section.
Old 2010-04-03, 04:20   Link #317
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnos007 View Post
Remember what Kabuto said to Naruto when he gave him info on akatsuki - He wants to kill sasuke. So why is he wanting to "join forces" with Madara? So he can get close to Sasuke and have a crack at him. Plain and simple
I really hope that it's not so simple, because that would mean screen time for Sasuke again, and it's becoming boring how Sasuke-centered the manga was lately.
I'm not interested in yet another Sasuke vs Some-kage-level-guy-who-hates-Sasuke fight.

BTW Naruto's answer to Sasuke, where he says they'll both die and it's good because then they'll finally be able to understand each other in the afterlife might be regardad as Naruto becomoming a crazy guy: if we generalize this solution/answer as being the answer to Nagato's question, then Naruto's answer is even more crazy then Nagato's Then Naruto thinks that people can truly understand each other only if they die, so that means for "true peace" everybody has to die Which means that the prophecy was true, and Naruto will bring the end of the world, by killing everyone, so they can live in peace and happyness in the afterlife Well that would be a funny alternative ending for this manga.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 05:00   Link #318
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
2# If the Nidaime Hokage and Orochimaru only could've used this jutsu.... then who did that noble Hokage sacrifice anyways?? That doesn't sound very senju..
The 2nd Hokage only sacrificed Uchiha. Does that sound more like the Senju? =)

In times of war it is easy to bring back the dead in order to gain a much bigger army and make casualties become less important by reviving the fallen ninja and creating controllable spies out of enemy ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Well, Kabuto once said that he's going after Sasuke, and I still believe that he might deceive Madara, just to get close to his prey.
Ye-he-he-he-hes >)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
While I don't think it's likely to happen, Kabuto killing Sasuke would have a major impact on Naruto, who's been desperately trying to bring his old teammate back to Konoha.
That kind of thing happened in "another popular anime" recently, and it was well received by the fans, so I give it a chance of happening in Naruto as well. However, with Naruto's latest decision on how to deal with Sasuke, now might be a little too late for it to happen.
Sasuke vs. Pain, Kakuzu, Sasori, Itachi and Deidara and it's unlikely that he dies? That's our bad knowledge about plot protected characters. We never really estimate Sasuke or Naruto could possibly lose until they fight each other and it becomes inevitable that one loses the fight.

Besides, the damn prophecy... powerful eyes... it does not protect Sasuke. We think so, but now that Itachi and Pain are back, Madara, Pain, Itachi and Sasuke all have powerful eyes.

I could see Sasuke die, Naruto defeating Nagato who then brings Sasuke back to life. Totally stupid, but possible.

Even more stupid would be a Edo Tensei version of Sasuke controlled by Naruto. "Yes Naruto. Of course Naruto. You are the man, Naruto. Have I mentioned that I love Konoha, Naruto? It's so nice here."
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993

Last edited by SuigetsuKun; 2010-04-03 at 05:13.
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 05:03   Link #319
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
i find it easy to conclude that Nidame being the technique's creator is nothing more than BS retcon. i mean, why would nidame create such a move that he himself would recognize as being taboo?
Because someone can do something taboo without realizing that it is taboo until it is completed kind of like Victor Frankenstein and his creation.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 07:27   Link #320
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I think Sasuke won't like it when he'll see Itachi's corpse XD
"WHAT DID YOU DO ON MY BELOVED BROTHER YOU GONNA TASTE MY EYES LV 9"
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote