AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-11-15, 23:07   Link #21
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Just on the top of my mind, in Nirvana arc, Racer was asked to bring Jellal's body back because he's the fastest. Now we all know that Racer's magic is to slow the people around him, so does that mean the rest of Oracion doesn't know that?
Brain probably knows, the rest may or may not.

Quote:
Wendy eats air. Doesn't that mean, unless the opponent actively removes air from the surroundings or trap her in a vacuum, Wendy is like "immortal", since she can always recover or power up by eating the air around her?
Actually, if you go back and look at her profile, it specifies that she needs clean air. So an opponent wouldn't have to remove the air around her, just start contaminating it. For example, cities which have lots of fires for cooking and warmth, oil lamps for light, tanners or blacksmiths scattered around, manure from various work animals, midden heaps, and so on; would not be ideal terrain for Wendy to fight in.

I doubt this particular limitation will ever come up in Fairy Tail, but it is a limit.

Quote:
another funny thing was that she's supposed to be a healer and using support magic and can't fight according to herself in Nirvana arc, but in the Edolas arc she was clearly fighting. while it was nice and cool to see all 3 DS using their breath weapons, but Mashima's contradictions can be unbearable at times.

and I hope he really explains Levy's magic properly, otherwise, after having see that she can conjure material stuff from words and without limits, I could just think of how overpowered it can be.
The "can't fight" thing is pretty clearly a matter of lack of training, and lack of self confidence. Well, that and being raised by the last survivor of a people whose sole contribution to warfare was to try and weaponize "let's make my enemy into my friend."
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 23:50   Link #22
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Just on the top of my mind, in Nirvana arc, Racer was asked to bring Jellal's body back because he's the fastest. Now we all know that Racer's magic is to slow the people around him, so does that mean the rest of Oracion doesn't know that?
Possible answers:

1. Racer also has common speed magic that still makes him the fastest regardless, but it's not extremely fast. He supplements it with his slow-down magic.

2. Racer used his motorcycles to transport the coffin.

A bigger plot hole is the number of legs on Nirvana. Look back a few times, I think there's a few pages where Nirvana had EIGHT legs... and then suddenly it had lol 6 legs.

Quote:
and I hope he really explains Levy's magic properly, otherwise, after having see that she can conjure material stuff from words and without limits, I could just think of how overpowered it can be.
I think it's quite obvious her limits are probably 'living things' and the scale/level of which her writings can conjure. I don't think writing 'Eternal and Unbeatable Fire' would literally create an eternal and unbeatable fire.

Besides, Fried is still wayyyy more broken than Levy.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 02:07   Link #23
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Word magic still depends on the user's strength; Freed was strong enough to nearly execute Elfman, but if Levy had tried, she'd probably give him a tickle. About Wendy: she was never taught how to fight up until Natsu urged her to use dragon breath, so all she did was support the others with healing.
Quote:
Look back a few times, I think there's a few pages where Nirvana had EIGHT legs... and then suddenly it had lol 6 legs.
Gotta check up on that...
EDIT: True enough, it appears at 7 legs, then gets an extra one for two panels in the next chapter, then goes down to 6.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-11-16 at 02:18.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 14:27   Link #24
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
My speculation for how the rest of Fairy Tail will go; let's see how accurate I am...

Makarov dies in the current manga arc (he's sitting in front of the founder's grave with his eyes closed; foreshadowing much?), Gildartz returns with the others that left and helps fight off Grimoire Heart, perhaps stopping most, if not all of them. Hades is probably going down, but Ultear will escape with Zeref somehow (and influence his mind or otherwise bring him under her control; Jellal was following Zeref originally after all).

There will be a mourning period for Fairy Tail, Gild will assume temporary leadership. Fairy Tail will then probably set their sights on the last Dark Guild, because they realize that leaving these guys alone is a bad thing. Lucy is probably gonna at least one more key from them, maybe the last two.

While they are doing that, Ivan and Raven Tail makes their move, possibly going after Laxus; may even succeed in pulling out the lacrima in his body (after probably pulling the lacrima out of the poison DS's body, too). Fairy Tail may eventually save him, but Laxus will have to train to use the rest of Makarov's spells (he should have inherited them, after all, being part of the bloodline). There may be a third fake DS that gets affected, too, and it takes Natsu working together with Laxus to defeat Ivan.

If Lucy hasn't gotten her last key, she'll get it here; she'll wonder what's left for her, or the twelve keys being altogether will reveal something, probably about her mother (who I'm guessing is somehow linked with the dragons). Probably a story arc about the 13th zodiac key? May be revealed that Lucy's mother sacrificed her life to send the dragons to the spirit world, to hide them there.

Next, the dragon arc, finally, when Ultear takes Zeref and Jellal to whatever ultimate purpose she has in mind (possibly taking over the council), and brings it bear on Fairy Tail. Gildartz sacrifices himself to save the rest of Fairy Tail (or gets horribly injured). On the run, the guild splits up to hide. Natsu gets a clue to Igneel and the dragons, possibly because of Lucy and her keys and link to her mother. Natsu and Lucy remember that Natsu traveled through the spirit world once, and she might be able to send the DS's there to meet the dragons, perhaps going herself as the master of all 12 keys with the blessing of the Head spirit dude.

The Dragonslayers finally meet their dragons again, learn the secrets and power up, and then must gather all of Fiary Tail again to confront Ultear, Zeref and Jellal (who's probably a bit brainwashed, or maybe is just going along with it secretly). While Natsu, Gajeel, and Wendy fight Zeref(who it's discovered is the DS of the Black Dragon), Erza will confront Jellal again. Lucy will figure out that spell she learned before, summon all her spirits and kick ass on something, maybe a hoard of mooks. Gray and Lyon will learn about Ultear and confront her together. Laxus will probably show up to save Fairy Tail, and in the epilogue(5 years later), become the new guild leader.

THE END!

Intersperse with maybe a nonsense arc or two that has no real significance. I'm betting there are no more DS's, other than Zeref being the DS of the black dragon, and that the other dragons trained their DS's to eventually stop Zeref and the Black Dragon somehow. There will possibly be another fake DS, maybe two, and it will be revealed that Ivan was behind all the fake DS's, trying to replicate their powers.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 05:32   Link #25
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
THE END!
You forgot the part where Natsu drinks a poition that turns every single person on the planet into a Jellal clone. Learning that there's no way to fix this, they just decide to go about their daily life's, acting as if nothing has changed.

The end.
Old 2010-11-22, 14:58   Link #26
Kafriel
Senior Guest

@ Kaijo: Good outline, but what about the new council? Their boss seems hardcore enough, think he'll be a measuring stick for Tartarus?
Quote:
You forgot the part where Natsu drinks a poition that turns every single person on the planet into a Jellal clone. Learning that there's no way to fix this, they just decide to go about their daily life's, acting as if nothing has changed.
How does Natsu drinking it turn everyone else into Jellal? Also, is Erza affected as well?:P

My guess is like Kaijo's, with a few tweaks:
1) New council intervenes in the current war to take out the Baram alliance (Tartarus in particular, GH is the prey of FT).
2) Lucy acquires one key from GH and one from Mavis' grave.
3) Zeref awakens after the war with the help of Mest, new arc is set up, Natsu loses his muffler, things are starting to look bad.
4) Insert Lucy intervention, I also count on her sacrificing herself in the end, assuming her mother did the same to save the world from whatever.
Old 2010-11-22, 21:27   Link #27
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
How does Natsu drinking it turn everyone else into Jellal? Also, is Erza affected as well?:P
Because it's Jellal-related, so it simply does.

But really, this Jellal thing is a bad joke gone haywire.

From whence we were shown that there were twin siblings of Jellal/Sieglain, to the reveal that they were one to begin with. What broke the camel's back was when Mystogan was revealed to be (Edo)Jellal. And then the Nirvana arc, suddenly 'mysterious person that helped Wendy + knows about Nirvana' is... Jellal.

By that point, the notion that Jellal is everywhere, related to everything, and will become everyone has gone almost out of control as a joke.

And then comes Edoras's arc Prince Jellal thing. Which wasn't bad by any means, but that arc was kinda lacking. Frankly, the real problem with Mystogan was that his entire character relied on the suspense hook of him 'looking like Jellal.' Beyond that, all we know is that he's a relatively nice guy and nothing muche else to his characterisation.

And I would eat my bread hat if the current arc wouldn't involve Jellal one way or another. I mean, Zeref? Grimoire Heart? Urtear? It'd be a wonder if his name didn't even slip by.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 22:02   Link #28
Kaijo
Banned

So what you're saying is, there's always room for Jell..al?
Old 2010-11-23, 10:03   Link #29
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'll agree the Jellal joke has gone completely out of control, though it still to this day makes me laugh, so i'll carry it on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
And I would eat my bread hat if the current arc wouldn't involve Jellal one way or another. I mean, Zeref? Grimoire Heart? Urtear? It'd be a wonder if his name didn't even slip by.
So true. I'd even bet money on it happening.
Old 2010-12-13, 05:22   Link #30
t3ck
Anime Freak

Spoiler for Speculation:

Given mashima's style its not entirely impossible
Old 2010-12-13, 08:53   Link #31
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

I think that Gazelle and Pantherlily are gonna make a super combo by Gazelle turning into a sword and Pantherlily will swing him around

I also think that there is gonna be some kind of special property that Dragonslayer magic has when used in conjunction with an Exceed's magic
Remember when they were in Edolas and the other guys were saying that Dragonslayer magic has near infinite uses, i think that since the Exceed are the only ones there that can use magic, the two can combine them together to make an insanely powerful magic
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 08:53   Link #32
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ck View Post
Spoiler for Speculation:

Given mashima's style its not entirely impossible
But Gray can't do the roar, he doesn't eat ice, and Ur&Urtear were shown as humans o_0
Old 2010-12-16, 23:51   Link #33
Hideki Maya

I think it would be interesting to see some dark stellar keys, maybe that come from unofficial constellations.
Hideki Maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 08:56   Link #34
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideki Maya View Post
I think it would be interesting to see some dark stellar keys, maybe that come from unofficial constellations.
I agree

I also think that Caprico will be a Cellesial Spirit Mage as well since his name is that of one of the three Golden Keys not revealed yet and he seems to be paired up against Lucy.

He probably has some Spirits that are even above the Golden Spirits since Master Hades said that every member has their own Lost Magic.
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 12:23   Link #35
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideki Maya View Post
That has some intriguing possibilities. Once Lucy has all the keys, she would need something to fight against. So far, the only reasons beyond the keys that I can see Lucy getting worked up about, are her mother and the spirit world.
Old 2011-01-16, 21:30   Link #36
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
That has some intriguing possibilities. Once Lucy has all the keys, she would need something to fight against. So far, the only reasons beyond the keys that I can see Lucy getting worked up about, are her mother and the spirit world.
I wonder what happens when someone actually possesses all twelve keys?
Old 2011-01-24, 06:45   Link #37
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I wonder what happens when someone actually possesses all twelve keys?
well there's always the spirit king that appeared in the loki arc. Or maybe the spirit king is all the 12 gold spirits combined. Sort of like the caster must summon all 12 gold spirits at once. Then the 12 spirits will go into one another and the spirit king is born to serve the bearer of the 12 keys.

Anyway to be honest, given the number of gold keys lucy already has and that they are supposed to be the highest lvled keys, the logical way forward is for her to summon more than 1 spirit and combine them to great effect. Somewhat like the fire dragon summons for flame of recca.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 15:44   Link #38
Kafriel
Senior Guest

For a fact, she will be the strongest stellar spirit mage, so no more fighting for Lucy...which is why I'm inclined to believe that her mother went to the spirit world, where I assume she disappeared in 777, but even if that wasn't the case, I still think Lucy's gonna be a planeswalker kind of character. Waiting for Mashima to give the missing link between dragons and Mom...
Old 2011-01-24, 20:32   Link #39
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

if we reference rave, it's just as likely that lucy caused the disappearances due to some massive magic/spirit use/explosion and then forgot about it because her mom stopped her and erased her memory at the expense of her own life.

Actually the mom might just be a tiamat, queen of dragons that can take human form
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 12:30   Link #40
Serperior

I think that Lucy's mom was actually a stellar spirit mage herself, and Lucy inherited her keys. That's the reason why Aquarius doesn't obey her (In Pokemon, if you don't have enough gym badges, traded Pokemon don't obey you... just saying) and on her fight with Angel, Gemini recalled a memory of Lucy saying 'Mom, I love spirits very much' or something or whatever.

Speaking of Lucy, during the current arc, I think that Loke will face off Caprico and figure out that Lucy is a stellar mage spirit and how Caprico hates stellar mages and tells them he joined Grimoire Heart so that he can get rid the world of stellar spirit mages and set the spirits free and try to take Lucy's key and Lucy will win with the help of a person once again. (Lucy beat Bixlow with the help of Loke and beaten Angel with the help of Hibiki).

just my guess.
Serperior is offline   Reply With Quote