AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-09-21, 11:22   Link #581
Undertaker

I want to see Bon Clay again. Poor guy got stuck in ID for the second time, though there might be a chance he escaped during BB's escape.
Old 2011-09-21, 17:01   Link #582
gazawraith

I'd like to see Bon Clayagain but I don't think he should be part of the Straw Hats. he is amazing but I think in the small doses we get him makes him even more awesome. Side characters shouldn't move from the side. if they do, they should make it known they'd join the crew like Robin pretty much did.
gazawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 19:02   Link #583
Nefertari
Shion Eliphas Levi

I'd really like to see a female join the crew this time. I really think Shirahoshi is next in line to join, I mean it feels like she would be a perfect member. They've introduced a problem involving her, then they've shown how some part of her past relates to the current situation, and now Luffy and his crew are trying to solve the problem which leads to her joining. The only problem I see is her fitting on the ship, but she could just swim and follow the ship if the problem isn't somehow resolved. Although she could just be another Vivi because she's also a princess. If she doesn't end up joining then I would want Jewelry Bonney to join. I've always thought she could also be a great addition.
Nefertari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 20:33   Link #584
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
I'd really like to see a female join the crew this time. I really think Shirahoshi is next in line to join, I mean it feels like she would be a perfect member. They've introduced a problem involving her, then they've shown how some part of her past relates to the current situation, and now Luffy and his crew are trying to solve the problem which leads to her joining. The only problem I see is her fitting on the ship, but she could just swim and follow the ship if the problem isn't somehow resolved. Although she could just be another Vivi because she's also a princess. If she doesn't end up joining then I would want Jewelry Bonney to join. I've always thought she could also be a great addition.
All of the points you made about Shirahoshi joining fit exactly the same for Jimbei, and seeing how Jimbei is actually fight in this arc I see it much more likely that he would join than Shirahoshi.

On top of that, Jimbei fits the role of Helmsman perfectly (the only remaining traditional role) while Shirahoshi hasn't shone to be able to perform any particular role so far.
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 10:02   Link #585
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazawraith View Post
I'd like to see Bon Clayagain but I don't think he should be part of the Straw Hats. he is amazing but I think in the small doses we get him makes him even more awesome. Side characters shouldn't move from the side. if they do, they should make it known they'd join the crew like Robin pretty much did.
+1

Bon-chan is a great character but I do think even I would be hard pushed to handle him all the time if he joined.
He's been a great side character like amny others and I think it's best if it stays that way.

But for a new crew member I keep coming back to wanting it to be someone we don't know about and female.
Altho like I've said before I'm still 2 minds about another female joining.
On one hand I think it would be great to see another female join but on the other hand the dynamic of the crew with the current 2 females is rather perfect and introducing another female could upset that.

Honestly wouldn't mind seeing Shirahoshi joining if she was able to shrink her size but then part of her charm.

....oh how this series can mess with your mind
Old 2011-09-29, 13:28   Link #586
gazawraith

well, I don't think its anyone from this arc. compare power levels to the villains and anyone else the Straw Hats are helping and there's a bit of a gap and right now everyone in the Straw Hats seems to be very powerful, around about the same level in whichever way they fight. I mean its quite hard to compare Zoro and Nami. I think it'll wait until the next few arc's to introduce someone else. I know its exciting when someone joins but you often know from the beginning that X person will join.
gazawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 18:05   Link #587
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

A giant with the chibi chibi no mi

because I like to throw random theories
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 11:07   Link #588
Jouten

Shanks will be last member. Period.
Jouten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 06:36   Link #589
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouten View Post
Shanks will be last member. Period.
More like Roger's spirit.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 13:21   Link #590
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

sabo! the luffys childhood friend
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 18:30   Link #591
moncikoma

The next would be a female.....

I am sure!

Because 2 female on a boat with 8 male is too dangerous....

EVEN ODA AGREE WITH ME....lol
I hope BOA is the last female ...who will join...

Because she is so strong!

Maybe not now....but maybe around chapter 800...
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 20:03   Link #592
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Spoiler for major freaking spoiler if you didn't read chapter 648:
( W)
Old 2011-11-30, 23:50   Link #593
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaluckyboy View Post
Spoiler for major freaking spoiler if you didn't read chapter 648:

Haha there were like subtle hints here and there along the way. He might not necessarily join for sure though. Oda might pull off another Vivi, but it'd be cool if he did join though .
Old 2011-12-01, 09:01   Link #594
Colecham

Next to join the crew

I didn't notice if anyone already said this...
But the answer is incredibly Obvious
The princess of the Alabasta kingdom is going to join them...
The girl with the stupid duck that she rode...
The second the newspaper arrived and it showed his message to join up in 2 years...
She disappeared into her room, or that's what her father said, they didn't show her do it...
She totally knew what the message meant, trained herself to ... well... not suck like she used to, and now she's going to join the crew.
I'm incredibly sure about it. She's the best option..
Colecham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 12:09   Link #595
Hallwacker
ドン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colecham View Post
The second the newspaper arrived and it showed his message to join up in 2 years...
She disappeared into her room, or that's what her father said, they didn't show her do it...
She totally knew what the message meant, trained herself to ... well... not suck like she used to, and now she's going to join the crew.
Well, that's a good theory, but she would have to make her way through each island and all the way to the new world which would be unlikely (or maybe she could fly there with pell / get access to go through mariejoa?)

To be honest it seems a bit farfetched to me.
Hallwacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 16:19   Link #596
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

That's totally wishful thinking lmao!
Old 2011-12-01, 19:46   Link #597
ryken17

Quote:

im surprise when i read this
i like your theory she might be, but how you gonna explain the ministory on chapter 641 were they showing vivi along with her father... ^^
ryken17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-01, 20:22   Link #598
Jouten

Quote:
I would like to see Vivi again, but how could she possibly decipher Luffy's message? She wasn't at Sabaody, doesn't know about the Thousand sunny nor did she even know that the straw hats were seperated.
And isn't this theory already disproven by the fact that she didn't show up at Sabaody?
Old 2011-12-01, 21:17   Link #599
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouten View Post
I would like to see Vivi again, but how could she possibly decipher Luffy's message? She wasn't at Sabaody, doesn't know about the Thousand sunny nor did she even know that the straw hats were seperated.
And isn't this theory already disproven by the fact that she didn't show up at Sabaody?
I like the theory as well and would like to see her again but I also agree to your points. She is just very unlikely to appear in the actual story
( W)
Old 2011-12-02, 07:10   Link #600
Colecham

To answer a couple questions people asked about my guess:
How would she figure out the 2 year thing?
It just seemed kind of obvious when I saw it on his arm. She knew him, and knew he didn't have a tattoo there, so I just guessed she would figure out what it meant, she was pretty smart if I remember correctly. Plus, it was world news that he alone went to save his brother, not his crew, so she'd have known that they had to meet at some point in the future.
Why didn't she meet them at Sabaody?
She wasn't someone anyone expected, so she could have shown up later, or could still be making her way there and is going to catch up with them of her own accord. Also, she didn't have to know they were going to meet at Sabaody, she only needs to know that they are going to the new world, so she may just meet them there...

Remember, they invited her to join the crew when they were on her island.. so it's not too farfetched of an idea.

Finally, this is all just a theory I've come up with, it could be wishful thinking, or what have you, but odds are a new member would be female, and someone we already know.
Colecham is offline   Reply With Quote