AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-11-13, 15:23   Link #121
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

This song becomes an evergreen (reference to DNAngel True light)
Old 2006-11-13, 17:30   Link #122
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeters13 View Post
On second thought, I'd really love to hear someone do Kopperia no Hitsugi or another ALI Project song
Oh, I totally should blow away the competition with a screechy karaoke of their latest song, Yuukyou Seishunka! **Seriously considers doing it and submitting it as an opener to scare people**
And it was so bad that I had to stop with the TV Size Version. You can download it **EDIT**
I'm also considering submitting my version of LoveLoveLove no Sei na no yo!...

Please tell me if they are either good or bad enough for the random pile in KaraCom VI! If it doesn't go either way, I'll try to make them better/worse.

I'll remove the links once I get some feedback... ^^;;

EDIT: Links removed.
Looks like I have to get worse! Oh yeah! XDDD

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress

Last edited by Li Jianliang; 2006-11-14 at 10:08.
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 19:29   Link #123
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
And it was so bad that I had to stop with the TV Size Version. You can download it HERE.

Please tell me if they are either good or bad enough for the random pile in KaraCom VI! If it doesn't go either way, I'll try to make them better/worse.

Okay, now for feedback and btw, I spent like 15 minutes trying to dl the 2nd song because I kept getting a message saying: Sorry, the free service is at full capacity.

Okay, for the TV version song... No. Please, don't do it. I also tried a screeching song recently and... Let's just leave it at that.

Now, the 2nd song sounds really cute. You just need a bit of practice to perfectionate it.
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 20:10   Link #124
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Send a message via ICQ to basket Send a message via AIM to basket Send a message via MSN to basket Send a message via Yahoo to basket
Quote:
I have to agree with Shiemi, the Yuukyou Seishunka doesn't sound right at all... It sounds too screechy >_<

The other song is very cute though. I hope you will enter that one ^^;;
basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 21:35   Link #125
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmf View Post
i would love to hear someone manage to do either
salva nos - noir - fiction version
materialise - mai otome

problem i i know i have no chance to reach either of them
o.O

I did Salva Nos as a non-competition duet w/ Kcl, I've never heard of a fiction version?

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 22:15   Link #126
Mnemosyne
Ruler of the Universe

^^;; eeheehee.... ah, i tried to do an Ali Project song too... Seishoujo Ryouiki... eh heh... let's just say it didn't turn out so well....

Mnemosyne needs to narrow it down to one song... Mnemosyne wishes she could find a karaoke version of Shizuku or Last Piece from GTO.... heh, I also wish that i could bring myself to sing Love Chronicle... but i can't even LISTEN to it without wanting to go back and watch Full Moon wo Sagashite again...
Old 2006-11-13, 23:45   Link #127
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
This thread has spurred me to come out of lurkerhood and start posting.

It's lovely that there's a fairly large anime karaoke community here.

I look forwards to meeting the lot of you.

Here is some of my karaoke (not my entries).

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=622497
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 00:03   Link #128
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
Woah. Providence, nice voice *_*
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 00:05   Link #129
Papaya
Sup

Thank you.

I spend a lot of time getting the mix perfect.

I must admit I was quite discouraged in seeing that special effects and pitch altering are disallowed.

My voice doesn't have much range.
And it's all the reverb =3

@Li Jianliang:
I will be very frank in my criticism. I hope you don't mind.

The singing sounds a bit strained. The pitch in the song obviously isn't your natural singing or speaking pitch, so I'm sure it takes a lot of air out of you. Add to that the fact the song is nearly 4 minutes long and you will probably start having problems with oxygen. To help alleviate this problem there are several things you may do. First, it's helpful to stand up while you are singing if you aren't doing so already. This allows you to breathe with more ease. Second, never try to record a long song like this in one go. Record it verse by verse and mix them together. If you have trouble with this, I'm sure many of the people here have extensive mixing experience. If not, I will show you how to do so. Third, try to space out your recording sessions. Practicing songs that strain your voice makes for bad recordings if you don't give yourself plenty of time to recover.
Regarding the mixing, it sometimes becomes quite apparent that you're recording over a track. You don't want this; this is the antithesis of vocal music. For this reason, you may way to slightly lower the volume of your voice in relation to the instrumental. Also, a common fallacy of amateur "karaokeists" is that they don't use dynamics. Listen closely to the original version of the song and mark out the dynamics on the lyrics.
Finally there's emotion. Or rather, the lack of it. You should inject who you are into your song. Add character. If I listen to your song, I should not imagine a girl sitting in front of her computer reading lyrics and singing. I should imagine a girl standing in front of a microphone singing. Put yourself into your singing. Close your eyes if you have to. Smile when you sing.

I do hope you've found the above useful.

Last edited by Papaya; 2006-11-14 at 00:29. Reason: Additions.
Old 2006-11-14, 00:28   Link #130
Fome

Holy Shit. How the hell do you mix like that? Do you have a friggen studio or something? That is amazing!
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 00:35   Link #131
Papaya
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fome View Post
Holy Shit. How the hell do you mix like that? Do you have a friggen studio or something? That is amazing!
Haha, unfortunately I don't.

My set-up is quite simple actually.

I do own two full-size microphones, but I only brought one to my dorm and alas, it's broken. I also own three mini microphones.

The one I'm currently using is a small 2'' Dell stock microphone that came with my old Dell PC. It's taped to my desk about 3'' under my mouth and 1' away from my face. The microphone is not pointed directly at my mouth; this ensures that feedback sounds from breathing and blowing are not recorded. If you have a small piece of foam or tissue paper, those help too without dampening the sound too much.

I use Sony Sound Forge 8 for mixing. Mixing is quite simple though, and is the more enjoyable stage, as I hate singing and mispronouncing something. The key to getting a good mix is to balance the vocal and instrumental tracks perfectly. I just listen to the original song and emulate it as much as possible, taking into consideration my own voice.
Old 2006-11-14, 00:51   Link #132
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer0329 View Post
BUT, I am still a tad confuzed about the entry itself. Do we just record ourselves with a web cam and then send it? I mean, its not judged if we are cosplaying as a character from the series we are singing from or something right, because I know I don't have anything cosplayish. I was just going to video record myself singing it and then send it. I just want to make sure that's what you are suppose to do...
Recording with a web cam is not really the way to do it. We don't want a video of you singing, just an audio file of you singing. If you have a microphone that will be sufficient. I'm sure kcl822 doesn't want to extract the audio from a webcam video... unless you are recording audio only using the webcam microphone. I'm not sure how the quality would be though.

Your singing is good, Providence. That just crushes all my hopes of ever getting into the top 5 now. It also seems like with each karacomp that more and more people participate in the thread and submit entries. Pretty soon kcl will have to host 2-hour broadcast sessions.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 00:57   Link #133
Papaya
Sup

Thank you for your praise.

Never allow competition to crush your hopes.

Allow it to become inspiration.
Old 2006-11-14, 01:08   Link #134
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence. View Post
Thank you for your praise.

Never allow competition to crush your hopes.

Allow it to become inspiration.
You are indeed a worthy opponent (assuming you participate ). I shall fight with all I've got! Behold, Ja-pan #52!

Uh wait... wrong subject.
Spoiler:

Quote:
And it was so bad that I had to stop with the TV Size Version. You can download it HERE.

Your first song was not screechy like other people have described it. I'm always amazed at people who can sing at such high pitches , although they are right when they say it's bad for your vocal chords when you strain it like that. I did it with my last duet with Hellychan. That was the hardest song I had to sing, with such a high pitch. I usually only have the first try in a session to get it right, otherwise on subsequent tries my voice cannot reach that high anymore. My throat does get a bit sore if I do it a few times. So be careful if you want to continue singing that song. It's best if you warm up with some normal songs first.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 05:16   Link #135
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Tsubie
Can someone tell me how to remove the lead vocals in audacity pls?
Old 2006-11-14, 07:39   Link #136
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
But you know, the whole point of this is to have people sing like they're at a karaoke bar (minus the drink) so of course it would sound strained since is at one go. If I were to do a karaoke competition where people can mix to their heart's content, that would be a different story.
Hum... that gives me an idea...
Old 2006-11-14, 07:46   Link #137
Shiemi
Counting days

Wow Providence! I'm amazed! And that didn't have any of the things that are discouraged or did it have them and your real entry won't?

Honestly, as still an amateur I have no idea about even how to do all the things kcl discourages so I cannot really point a difference like she does.

And kcl822, what kind of idea?
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 08:52   Link #138
animefanrk2k

Send a message via AIM to animefanrk2k Send a message via MSN to animefanrk2k
Ooo... I just noticed this competition. XD

Looks interesting and I'll probably do a few recording, but only have one as an official song.

Windows Sound Recorder. I bet it won't come worse than that! XD

Oh wait, I'll also have to then PLAY the music separately. XD

Anyone want to provide me a karaoke version of Sakasamo no Chou by SNoW? XD
Old 2006-11-14, 09:56   Link #139
Papaya
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcl822 View Post
But you know, the whole point of this is to have people sing like they're at a karaoke bar (minus the drink) so of course it would sound strained since is at one go. If I were to do a karaoke competition where people can mix to their heart's content, that would be a different story.
Hum... that gives me an idea...
Please do bring that idea to fruition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiemi View Post
Wow Providence! I'm amazed! And that didn't have any of the things that are discouraged or did it have them and your real entry won't?

Honestly, as still an amateur I have no idea about even how to do all the things kcl discourages so I cannot really point a difference like she does.

And kcl822, what kind of idea?
It did, actually. That's why I can't use them as entries. Fly Me to the Moon is the TV size version (well, just without the refrain), and Scarlet has massive reverb.

Also, kcl822, to what extent may we edit the music?
From what I gather, no filters on the track or the voice may be used.
What of adding background vocals manually?
In many songs there are background vocals during the refrain.

Last edited by Papaya; 2006-11-14 at 11:52.
Old 2006-11-14, 18:39   Link #140
Mnemosyne
Ruler of the Universe

...wow, Providence... i think i just fell in love with you... heehee! kidding... but really, nice voice... i like your version of Scarlet better than the real thing...!

i guess i'll have to try harder!

Tags
karaoke competition