AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-24, 21:49   Link #1321
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
somehow , what you just said had the same effect one me as if someone shot me in the heart with a shotgun .
I know how you feel... but as Nia supporters, we still want the best for her right? As much as we want her for ourselves... I still think Simon should have her. He is the hero after all. Only someone as GAR as Simon can have her.

*shed tears
Old 2007-09-24, 22:10   Link #1322
CSakuraS
Canon Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori View Post
If Kakihara really said something like that, I am sure we will be seeing a bunch of doujins pretty soon. lol.

Which episode of the radio show did he say that on, any summaries of the episode on the web?
Yeah seriously, I want to see some sources. XD I also heard that they say Simon and Nia sleep in the same bed in the seiyuu interviews in the Animage magazine. I don't have it, so...can anyone confirm?

*Simon/Nia fan, if it's not already obvious*
Old 2007-09-24, 22:15   Link #1323
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1988 View Post
Kakihara said in a radio interview that Simon and Nia post time skip aren't virgins....You do the math.
Wait... which episode of the radio show did he say that?
I don't recall him saying that, although admittedly, I haven't been listening to the show every single week, and they keep no back log of their episodes.
Old 2007-09-24, 22:18   Link #1324
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSakuraS View Post
Yeah seriously, I want to see some sources. XD I also heard that they say Simon and Nia sleep in the same bed in the seiyuu interviews in the Animage magazine. I don't have it, so...can anyone confirm?

*Simon/Nia fan, if it's not already obvious*
Hmm, I can go back and read up the Animage one. It'll be after work though. If there's anything significant, I suppose I can do some more crap scans.
Old 2007-09-24, 22:52   Link #1325
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy78 View Post
I've heard so many rumors about Gainax wanting to expand GL into a universe simlar to that of Gundam (movies, oavs, tv, etc).

Do YOU think it'd work?
Not really. Gurren-Lagann needs more moves beyond "Giga Drill Break" and its drill missile spams before we can handle more. :|

If Gainax takes a page from GE999 and Harlock, MAYBE more would be welcome, but outside of a Lord Genome OVA I wouldn't want anymore, even if the next opponent after the Anti-Spiral is the Great Dimensional Government.

Note on the "not virgins" issue - first place I saw that was /a/. Could be a trap set up by someone like quina or real info posted by Japanese speaker, but I wouldn't take it too seriously. It's more dubious in origin than 40%.

Oh, in other news (slowpoke.jpg?), Gainax updated their GL stand-alone website with official names for some of the new characters. Of note,

1. Reite -> Leite (personally, I always heard her name as "Late").
2. Makken
3. Lordgenome (Lord Genome) Head
4. "Dark Nia" -> Messenger Nia
5. Shibera -> Cybela
6. Gimbley -> Guinble (what).

Last edited by Malintex_Terek; 2007-09-24 at 23:36.
Old 2007-09-25, 08:00   Link #1326
v1cious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1988 View Post
Kakihara said in a radio interview that Simon and Nia post time skip aren't virgins....You do the math.
see i don't understand this. Nia has the same genetic makeup as the Mugann... so if she were "Drilled" for argument's sake, wouldn't she explode?
Old 2007-09-25, 08:10   Link #1327
Dave1988
Kick reason to the curb!

Send a message via MSN to Dave1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
see i don't understand this. Nia has the same genetic makeup as the Mugann... so if she were "Drilled" for argument's sake, wouldn't she explode?
I'll say this: "Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!"

Anyway I think I read the not virgin part of LJ.
Old 2007-09-25, 12:21   Link #1328
7Th
Mixtape

I'm fairly sure knowing how Nia and Simon are that they could very easily sleep in the same bad and still be virgins.
Old 2007-09-25, 12:34   Link #1329
terrus

aparantly Imashi said this on the radio show concerning last ep

"Action, so much action your eyes will explode. Sure, Simon and Nia's relationship will develop thoroughly to what everyone wants to see but I found a way to do it through exciting action. Anti-Spiral back-story? Full of action, too. Epilogue? It's also pure action. Of course, there is the emotional impact to make the action worthwhile but the fact remains that the action is still as extreme and styled as I wanted it to be. So you know what to expect this Sunday: adrenaline-filled dramatic action. “
Old 2007-09-25, 12:57   Link #1330
v1cious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
Not really. Gurren-Lagann needs more moves beyond "Giga Drill Break" and its drill missile spams before we can handle more. :|

If Gainax takes a page from GE999 and Harlock, MAYBE more would be welcome, but outside of a Lord Genome OVA I wouldn't want anymore, even if the next opponent after the Anti-Spiral is the Great Dimensional Government.
is that "Great Dimensional Government" thing even an accurate translation? cause i've seen other groups translate as Great Dimensional rift.

anyways, the writers said if they make another one, it will be brand new characters, and that Simon's story will end here.
Old 2007-09-25, 14:17   Link #1331
Dave1988
Kick reason to the curb!

Send a message via MSN to Dave1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrus View Post

"Action, so much action your eyes will explode. Sure, Simon and Nia's relationship will develop thoroughly to what everyone wants to see but I found a way to do it through exciting action. Anti-Spiral back-story? Full of action, too. Epilogue? It's also pure action. Of course, there is the emotional impact to make the action worthwhile but the fact remains that the action is still as extreme and styled as I wanted it to be. So you know what to expect this Sunday: adrenaline-filled dramatic action. “
I came drills reading that.
Old 2007-09-25, 14:26   Link #1332
Archer

Quote:

Apparently we've got a lurker from 4chan who posted this without providing any kind of reference whatsoever.

People should know by now that they shouldn't trust anything they hear about GL unless you see a legit source (and even then they shouldn't trust it all too much).
Old 2007-09-25, 14:46   Link #1333
Vash002
Ready to Boast

Meh, i just don't hope that at the end, everyone is going to be around Simon, clapping and saying: Omedetou!
Or Nia turning into a giant angel-thing and make everyone turn into tang

I just expect lots of battles and GAR scenes
Old 2007-09-25, 15:44   Link #1334
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

One thing I can tell you is, the only Gainax staff that shows up in the radio show, as far as I know, is Manabe-san...
affectionally called "hige no hito" (The Bearded One). He has a section where he answers GL plot line questions sent in by the listeners.

I'm not aware of Imaishi showing up in the onsen Gurren Lagann radio.
If it happened, I missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
is that "Great Dimensional Government" thing even an accurate translation? cause i've seen other groups translate as Great Dimensional rift.
Until "jigen dai-bakufu" is spelled out in kanji somewhere, we don't know for sure if it's 次元大幕府 or 次元大瀑布
In other words, either one could be correct.
Old 2007-09-26, 02:05   Link #1335
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post

1. Reite -> Leite (personally, I always heard her name as "Late").
2. Makken
3. Lordgenome (Lord Genome) Head
4. "Dark Nia" -> Messenger Nia
5. Shibera -> Cybela
6. Gimbley -> Guinble (what).

Yeah, this is kind of old. But I've always called her Cybela, and her name's been rendered as that in English on ANN and Wikipedia since her first appearance. I was pleasantly surprised that it was the official spelling. Fun thing to note, her and Guinble's page is named "ginsive.html", but the image on the page is named "guincyb.gif".
Old 2007-09-26, 03:50   Link #1336
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Quote:

I'm licking my cops here terrus. WHAT a c@cktease.

I can't wait. THIS weekend will be one of the most memorable in recent anime history.
Old 2007-09-26, 08:30   Link #1337
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
hmm anyone know yet which anime is taking up GL's time slot?
Old 2007-09-26, 09:09   Link #1338
Takeo
Jetsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
hmm anyone know yet which anime is taking up GL's time slot?
I remember hearing "Maple Story", but I'm not 100% sure.
Old 2007-09-26, 09:54   Link #1339
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Maple Story is correct. Childrens show based on a Korean MMO game.
Frankly, it looks terribly boring. Although the design on the monster girl looks kinda cute.

It's definitly not something I'm gonna be following though.
Old 2007-09-26, 12:10   Link #1340
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Maple Story is correct. Childrens show based on a Korean MMO game.
Frankly, it looks terribly boring. Although the design on the monster girl looks kinda cute.

It's definitly not something I'm gonna be following though.
well, there's good shows next season in other timeslots.

probably nothing quite like GL, but still, won't be a bad season.
Closed Thread