AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2009-04-07, 12:12   Link #941
maximilianjenus
[E]

yes, the manga has got some extra content from the games plus some original arcs that are not even in the games.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 13:57   Link #942
Fernando Hernandez

I have a question about a details in the Tatarigoroshi-Hen Manga, specifically this page:

http://www.onemanga.com/Higurashi_no...igoroshi/7/13/

Does this mean Satoko's birthday is on the night of the Watanagashi? It's worded oddly. I know every time they mention the aunt's death they say that took place on the very night of the festival which is why it's part of the curse. Is he saying Satoko's birthday is also that very night (which would be odd that it's never mentioned, or at least anywhere I've seen), or that's a few days later? So Satoshi didn't actually vanish on that exact night but a few days later, which happened to be Satoko's birthday, or Satoko's birthday and the festival are the same day? It's just the wording that has me confused so I'm wondering which it is.
Fernando Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 14:23   Link #943
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

Hey Higurashi lovers. I have a quick question;
I'm now trying to aim for the best translate of Higurashi into my language (Turkish that is), but unfortunately I can't understand Japanese that well yet. Thats why I'll be using English translations.
Can someone (Prefferably someone who can speak Japanese and English fluently) point out the best translation of the English fansubbers of Season 1 and 2?
I have about 2-3 diffrent English subtitles, and there are LOTS of diffrences between them.
Skullchukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 14:36   Link #944
Meri-chan
アイドルになりたい

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando Hernandez View Post
I have a question about a details in the Tatarigoroshi-Hen Manga, specifically this page:

http://www.onemanga.com/Higurashi_no...igoroshi/7/13/

Does this mean Satoko's birthday is on the night of the Watanagashi? It's worded oddly. I know every time they mention the aunt's death they say that took place on the very night of the festival which is why it's part of the curse. Is he saying Satoko's birthday is also that very night (which would be odd that it's never mentioned, or at least anywhere I've seen), or that's a few days later? So Satoshi didn't actually vanish on that exact night but a few days later, which happened to be Satoko's birthday, or Satoko's birthday and the festival are the same day? It's just the wording that has me confused so I'm wondering which it is.
No. Irie says 'A few days after' and somewhere in Picking up the Pieces he says Satoko's birthday is 6/24.
Meri-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 15:43   Link #945
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meri-chan View Post
No. Irie says 'A few days after' and somewhere in Picking up the Pieces he says Satoko's birthday is 6/24.
By the way, the Japanese Wikipedia article on Rika says that her birthday is on the 25th of August. Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the source for that is?
Eryops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 10:10   Link #946
maximilianjenus
[E]

More info on satoshi, he dissapeared while picking up satoko's birthday present, on the day of her birthday, apparently he had gone level 5 for quite few days but somehow his desire to get satoko her present kept him alive until that day.
Old 2009-04-09, 10:37   Link #947
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullchukka View Post
Hey Higurashi lovers. I have a quick question;
I'm now trying to aim for the best translate of Higurashi into my language (Turkish that is), but unfortunately I can't understand Japanese that well yet. Thats why I'll be using English translations.
Can someone (Prefferably someone who can speak Japanese and English fluently) point out the best translation of the English fansubbers of Season 1 and 2?
I have about 2-3 diffrent English subtitles, and there are LOTS of diffrences between them.
Well I dunno how accurate their translation is as I can't speak japanese either (and I'm not even sure if it's OK to discuss fansub preferences around here), but I reckon WinD's sub are the highest quality out there.
I haven't noticed any discrepancies in their lines while I was watching both season subbed by them.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-04-09 at 23:29.
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 03:43   Link #948
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Well I dunno how accurate their translation is as I can't speak japanese either (and I'm not even sure if it's OK to discuss fansub preferences around here), but I reckon WinD's sub are the highest quality out there.
I haven't noticed any discrepancies in their lines while I was watching both season subbed by them.
Alright, cheers. ^^
Skullchukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 19:16   Link #949
Rias

Birthdays: Besides Satoko (Kakera), all the character's exact date of birth is not known. Keiichi is born in April, and Rena in July. (Onikakushi) This is based on the original 9 arcs of the games.

As to Rika's birthday being August 25...that wiki article doesn't explain it at all, and I personally have not came accross anywhere that mentions her birthday. The wiki also states the birthdays of Rena and Mion, but speculates on the month that Keiichi was born.

So if anyone has a source of info on that, I would also like to know...I'm speculating that it might be from the anime guidebook or something...

Last edited by Rias; 2009-04-13 at 20:00.
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 17:31   Link #950
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Who can answer - actually, what are this Nico-uploaded versions of Rei episodes ? Leaked ? Or officialy showed somewhere ?

Both variants are strange - why not to make quality release then...
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 09:14   Link #951
maximilianjenus
[E]

I might be talking of my ass but, you can have a paid account at nico, which gives you access to special media, so a guy witha paid account rips the official stream and uplaods it somewhere else.
Old 2009-04-16, 18:37   Link #952
X207
Gamyūsa

i have a auestion about se1. ive seen the 2 seasons so far and im rewatching both as a refresher ie the new ova. i could never figure out wat happens in the Tatari Koroshi Chapter. the only thing i dont understand is why he satoko's uncle never dies even after being beaten to death. whats wrong with keichi's world to make it so messed up?
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 19:31   Link #953
Ace of Dragons
AKA Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i have a auestion about se1. ive seen the 2 seasons so far and im rewatching both as a refresher ie the new ova. i could never figure out wat happens in the Tatari Koroshi Chapter. the only thing i dont understand is why he satoko's uncle never dies even after being beaten to death. whats wrong with keichi's world to make it so messed up?

Spoiler for Answer:
Old 2009-04-17, 16:37   Link #954
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Dragons View Post
Spoiler for Answer:
ty very much, i totally forgot about that possibility.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 14:57   Link #955
MikaMikado

Nekogoroshi-hen, I just watched it today, I've already completed both Kai and normal and I've read allot up about the series, but I can't find the answers concerning this matter.

What is going on? What is the mystery behind the hole, the man and the murder? Does Rika know about this somehow and tries to prevent if from happening? This isn't one of the watanagashi murders right? So what is its connection to the plot. Thanks in advance :3
MikaMikado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 15:03   Link #956
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That episode implies that the yamainu used that Quarry to hide their gas equipment and the like (the required weaponry for the great disaster plan).

The whole "legend" behind the death of that boy and his dad pretty much implies that the yamainu are lurking around and the former 2 were unlucky and witnessed "something they shouldn't have".
It isn't related to the watanagashi and Rika obviously doesn't have any idea how it really happened.
Old 2009-04-24, 09:16   Link #957
maximilianjenus
[E]

There is also the posibility that the yamainu used it later to hide the kidnapped child.
Old 2009-04-24, 11:18   Link #958
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
There is also the posibility that the yamainu used it later to hide the kidnapped child.
You mean the minister's grandson? He was kept in an abandoned house rather than the quarry.
Eryops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 12:21   Link #959
maximilianjenus
[E]

that's when they were about to release him, but it's possible they also hid him in the quarry before.
Old 2009-04-25, 18:38   Link #960
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

I was reading through some other threads, and I was wondering why Mion is Oryou's successor, instead of her mother, who is Oryou's own daughter?
Change of Pace is offline   Reply With Quote