AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-20, 12:37   Link #101
False Dawn
Florsheim Monster
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micke View Post
Thanks but I refuse to watch movies/series on my laptop....
If it was Xvid I could watch it from my Xbox 360 or dvd.

Well if you're going to be fussy, then it serves you right for "not being able to watch" Giant Killing. Don't blame it on the groups
False Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 17:23   Link #102
Connavar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Totti is always played like Baggio I think, Deep Lying Striker that strike from Deep area and almost looked like playmaker of the team, but actually he's not. But yeah Flamboyant attitude of Gino surely reference to him
But I think Gino fit well for captaincy role, he's may disliked by his bad attitude, but his teammate admire his skill and charisma, and that the most important part to be Captain.

For the pirlo part.... yeah man... he have shitty years... But we know he have Class, as some quote said, Form is Temporary and Class is Eternal

If you refer to my post, I'm just guessing from the next eps preview, I'm don't know at all if ETU really gonna lose or not
My bad i thought you meant you had seen the raw or something. I saw the preview alittle didnt show much other than Tsubaki saying he wants to get better after being bad in the game.

Totti is my fotboll idol im a long time fan of AS Roma. I meant Gino looked like the genuis passing player,the vision.

That made Totti worldclass player when he was offensive central midfild playmaker and even when he became a striker.
Connavar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 02:07   Link #103
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Hmm, Giant Killing eps 3 is really good...
Giving some insight about team composition...

So Mr ETU, Murakoshi, is a CB. No wonder they played defensive...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 02:25   Link #104
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

CB? Where do you get that? from the 3 man match against Gino?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 02:37   Link #105
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Well, in eps 3, someone saids that Murakoshi's team consist of ETU best defenders...
I kinda assume that Murakoshi is in charge of defence...
Either a CB or DMC...

CMIIW...
Old 2010-04-21, 03:26   Link #106
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

In the 1st practice match .. He often play in front of the defense.. so he is more likely a DM then a CB .. still, we will see where he play under Tatsumi's regime.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-04-21, 04:15   Link #107
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Well, i'm curious as who'll be the front man...
Tsubaki? Well he is a wingman...
Old 2010-04-21, 04:26   Link #108
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
In the 1st practice match .. He often play in front of the defense.. so he is more likely a DM then a CB .. still, we will see where he play under Tatsumi's regime.
Well in the OP, its looked Murakoshi change the hairstyle and dueling on penalty box
And playing as DM for his age is already bad idea IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Well, i'm curious as who'll be the front man...
Tsubaki? Well he is a wingman...
I'm guess that will be the job for some-player-we-even-not-know-his-name
Old 2010-04-21, 05:02   Link #109
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

True.. but an anchor role would still be possible

Also, Scholes kinda proves its possible to play in deep role for old mans
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-04-21, 05:36   Link #110
Azuma Denton
~AD~

And Sol Campbell is still good as CB eventhough he is already 35 years...
What number is Murakoshi wearing?
In OP, player number 6 is the captain...
Old 2010-04-21, 06:01   Link #111
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Also, Scholes kinda proves its possible to play in deep role for old mans
Well in Scholes case, it thanks to G. Neville Burning Passion that give him strength, you know what i mean
Maybe Tatsumi or Gino must give similar service to Murakoshi to rejuvenate again

ow God... hope my post not inspiring pixiv or other fanart community

Quote:
Its seems Murakoshi will retake his captaincy, but maybe that is other player...
But damn his face too similar with koshi
Old 2010-04-21, 06:18   Link #112
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

Murakoshi is probably going to be assistant captain, after all I doubt Prince will stay injury free.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 18:21   Link #113
Sol Falling

This anime is kinda slow paced...three episodes already, and we still haven't seen any epic or strategic plays worthy of the name 'Giant Killing'. I picked this up assuming that's what it would deliver, but with them cutting out the prologue match and the first actual match being held off until ep. 4, the whole show so far has felt like a bit of a lame tease...

I don't really follow a lot of sports anime/manga but after reading Eyeshield 21 I know well how incredibly awesome they can be. The title of this, 'Giant Killing' seemed to call out to me like the direct point of this show was to deliver that epic feeling. Like some people pointed out, the 'not pretty' artstyle of this even seems to reinforce the strategic focus of this show, how it's more about tactics than incredible superhuman skills of individual players. However, that artstyle might be a bad thing because right now I've got about zero interest in Tsubaki's emotional breakdown next episode, and that's somewhat lowering my enthusiasm for what I feel like should be an episode that finally delivers. So far, this anime hasn't really differentiated itself in a good way from what I've seen of other sports series, and that's a little disappointing.

Anyway, spurred on by the start of this anime I recently picked up another soccer manga, mostly to try and get a feel for the sport. That manga was Area no Kishi, and I thought it was pretty good. In a similar vein I want to say thanks to all the regular soccer commentators in this thread for providing further insight into what's going on in the show, and the sport in general. However, what I'm really wondering about currently is is this series really representative of some of the best stuff in sports and/or soccer anime/manga? I might simply pick up the manga and be satisfied with that if there was more of it scanlated, but so far this series has been so slow to get to the 'good stuff' that I have to wonder if it will really be worthwhile/satisfying sitting through every episode.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 18:27   Link #114
Connavar

Sol be alittle more paitent, this anmie isnt like Eyeshield about some uber talented player and they have games after games very fast.

This anime is more slow paced storywise because its about the coach,him teaching. More realistic sport wise.

If you want realistic sport wise and good fast tempo try Major anime. Soccer wise there arent any real good in my experiance. I can recommend other sport anime,manga but what have you read or seen so far ? Have you read Slam Dunk or Hajime No Ippo ?
Old 2010-04-21, 19:09   Link #115
Sol Falling

Haha yeah, I guess what I'm really after are the matches. Having Tatsuki teaching/training the players is alright, but I really think having only one episode out of 4 about an actual game is a bit too slow. Hopefully it'll begin to pick up.

As for other sports manga/anime I've tried, yeah I have read Hajime no Ippo. :P Though that's gotten a bit slow recently too...anyway yeah, I think Ippo and Eyeshield are the only two long-running series I've read. I suppose I'm fond of more modern artstyles, but if Major and Slam Dunk are classics the way Ippo is then I may check them out. Thanks for the recommendations though.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 21:45   Link #116
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Murakoshi currently wears number 6 but the captain in the OP wears his hair differently (spiked at the top and shaved at the sides). So it may not be Murakoshi. Freeze frame at 1:21 looks like it's spelling Murakoshi though.
Old 2010-04-21, 23:35   Link #117
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
This anime is kinda slow paced...three episodes already, and we still haven't seen any epic or strategic plays worthy of the name 'Giant Killing'. I picked this up assuming that's what it would deliver, but with them cutting out the prologue match and the first actual match being held off until ep. 4, the whole show so far has felt like a bit of a lame tease...

I don't really follow a lot of sports anime/manga but after reading Eyeshield 21 I know well how incredibly awesome they can be. The title of this, 'Giant Killing' seemed to call out to me like the direct point of this show was to deliver that epic feeling. Like some people pointed out, the 'not pretty' artstyle of this even seems to reinforce the strategic focus of this show, how it's more about tactics than incredible superhuman skills of individual players. However, that artstyle might be a bad thing because right now I've got about zero interest in Tsubaki's emotional breakdown next episode, and that's somewhat lowering my enthusiasm for what I feel like should be an episode that finally delivers. So far, this anime hasn't really differentiated itself in a good way from what I've seen of other sports series, and that's a little disappointing.

Anyway, spurred on by the start of this anime I recently picked up another soccer manga, mostly to try and get a feel for the sport. That manga was Area no Kishi, and I thought it was pretty good. In a similar vein I want to say thanks to all the regular soccer commentators in this thread for providing further insight into what's going on in the show, and the sport in general. However, what I'm really wondering about currently is is this series really representative of some of the best stuff in sports and/or soccer anime/manga? I might simply pick up the manga and be satisfied with that if there was more of it scanlated, but so far this series has been so slow to get to the 'good stuff' that I have to wonder if it will really be worthwhile/satisfying sitting through every episode.
The writer seems to have a very good grasps of tactic when building the story.. And for somebody like me, I can tell what he trying to achieve.. and he even managed to tell normal audience what it is in simple language.. Take for example the sprinting test, as soon as they ran the 2nd time, I could already tell what he trying to do, and why as well.. In the 3 man match with Gino, Gino told his teammate what to do, and I can totally understand what each and everyone of them are in footballing term, and why.. And the writer managed to tell normal peoples as well in easy to understand term. This greatly interest me.

I dont know how far the manga already, I read the prologue as someone advice to get to know Tatsumi better and I will definitely check the manga up once this series are over.. But for now, I'm enjoying each episode to see solely the tactic.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-04-22, 00:35   Link #118
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:

This series is 26 episodes.....I think the pacing is okay.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 04:59   Link #119
Connavar

Quote:
Haha yeah, I guess what I'm really after are the matches. Having Tatsuki teaching/training the players is alright, but I really think having only one episode out of 4 about an actual game is a bit too slow. Hopefully it'll begin to pick up.

As for other sports manga/anime I've tried, yeah I have read Hajime no Ippo. :P Though that's gotten a bit slow recently too...anyway yeah, I think Ippo and Eyeshield are the only two long-running series I've read. I suppose I'm fond of more modern artstyles, but if Major and Slam Dunk are classics the way Ippo is then I may check them out. Thanks for the recommendations though.
Slam Dunk was drawn by the world famous artist,mangaka of Vagabond. It looks much much better than Eyeshield 21,all other new sport manga.

Major is like Ippo still going after many volumes. So its not that old. Classics is 60s,70s manga and not 90s manga like Slam Dunk

Although for Major i recommend the anime, the manga isnt licensed,the scanlations are very slow and not from chapter 1.
Old 2010-04-22, 11:41   Link #120
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
This anime is kinda slow paced...three episodes already, and we still haven't seen any epic or strategic plays worthy of the name 'Giant Killing'. I picked this up assuming that's what it would deliver, but with them cutting out the prologue match and the first actual match being held off until ep. 4, the whole show so far has felt like a bit of a lame tease....
Not my impression at all. I've been fascinated by all of Takumi's devious manipulations, and by his attitude, and by the reactions of the players. First, he has to mould his team, then he can do giant killing.

In general, I'd expect the giant killing to come at the end -- although I suspect there will be a giant killing every few episodes from now on. But not in ep4, which dramatically would make most sense as a promising loss.

I'm not a huge fan of sports anime. I like baseball, but I found the first half of Cross Game rather boring, frustratingly slow. The games seemed to take forever, and the emotions all seemed suppressed. But this show has not seemed slow at all to me, so far.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, seinen, sports