3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.78%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.55%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-22, 00:33   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

[Anime-Only] Shippuden Episode 03 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted a few days before it airs in Japan (which is on Thursday).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

• Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.
Please Remember... Only Admins/Mods may create Episode Discussion Threads

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 06:04   Link #2
ShikaShika
無罪

Just watched it.

Spoiler for episode summary:
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 08:56   Link #3
sudosu

cool sound... i RLY like it.
but i can't stand rating of story is perfect.

sakura is amazing monster (или как у нас в россии говорят "аццкий пиздец")

Last edited by sudosu; 2007-02-22 at 09:10.
sudosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 10:02   Link #4
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
Just watched it.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-22, 10:13   Link #5
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Spoiler:
I agree with your comment about Bleach. I'm all for the anime team adding filler material within episodes especially if it fleshes out the battle scenes (they did an amazing job with the Oro vs. Sandaime fight) or if it is entertaining like last episode's stint showing Konohamaru's team on a mission. I just hope they don't resort to using extended flashbacks. That was a problem in Part I, and we already got a taste of it last episode with a couple of unnecessary Sasuke flashbacks. Overall, I've been enjoying the anime series a lot so far.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 11:26   Link #6
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Screenshot: Bleh! Let the milking begin. Wanted to give this episode a 5, but the 5 seconds worth of Gaara has my mind changed to a 6.

Spoiler for shippuuden 3:
Old 2007-02-22, 12:11   Link #7
chuckcsf

Heh... I wonder if the would also do flashbacks to the old fillers...
chuckcsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 12:56   Link #8
Mists

haven't seen it yet but...

But imagine all the fillers they can do! They can do a filler for a grown-up idate (the scar-face guy's brother-very first filler arc I believe).

And then they can do fillers of tony the tiger, ariel the mermaid, sword boner's henchmen!

I actually rather have them not try to fill in so much during the actual manga episodes (unless it's very creative and entertaining). I mean there's still kakashi gaiden somewhere...wtf, use flashbacks to that as a filler!

I wonder how low PT 2 of the anime will sink........

And as for bleach, I actually semi-enjoyed the Bounto arc, it was on and off (of course anything is great compared to Naruto's fillers). But I've been enjoying the anime more lately, I truly wonder how they will do once they catch up (perhaps there's some good place to end it for another filler arc?)

but it seems like there's a more creative team for bleach than naruto....
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 12:58   Link #9
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Compared to last couple episodes, a really disappointing episode.

The filler parts made the fight very simplistic. Lots of stops and pauses, lots of repetitions taken from the original series - not much helping with the quality.

If they plan to continue this way, I sincerely hope that the producers change the part of anime team that deals with the creativity department, *completely* - not leaving a single one of them behind, before they complicate things further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
For example Bleach series has not adopted this formula, instead throwing only real material, but after only 1 month of entering real storyline, you can feel that they are really close at catching up with the Manga once again.
If Naruto continues the manga storyline without adding fillers, it will take around 90 episodes to catch up with the manga. There is really no excuse for the anime creators to insert unnecessary fillers at the moment. It will only help reduce the excitement created by the first episode.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 13:07   Link #10
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Kakashi gaiden could easily be strung out for 3-5 episodes with the awesome fight scenes....I dont see why it hasnt been done...
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 14:08   Link #11
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Extended fight scenes are always a plus if done right. Sandaime vs. Oro, Sasgay vs. Naruto at the Valley of End. I haven't watched it yet, but it sounds like the animators kind of went with the spirit of how the manga fight went. It wasn't like it was supposed to be some great all out battle to begin with. They're just trying to get the bells with their basic techniques.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 14:28   Link #12
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikko_s View Post
Extended fight scenes are always a plus if done right. Sandaime vs. Oro, Sasgay vs. Naruto at the Valley of End. I haven't watched it yet, but it sounds like the animators kind of went with the spirit of how the manga fight went. It wasn't like it was supposed to be some great all out battle to begin with. They're just trying to get the bells with their basic techniques.
It would be interesting to read what your sentiments might be after you've watched the episode. Wonder how many chapters this episode have covered?
Old 2007-02-22, 14:43   Link #13
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
If Naruto continues the manga storyline without adding fillers, it will take around 90 episodes to catch up with the manga. There is really no excuse for the anime creators to insert unnecessary fillers at the moment. It will only help reduce the excitement created by the first episode.
I tough also about that, its around 2 years worth of Manga material, for the anime maybe the aftertaste (as in loose of ratings) of the horrible filler arc, made them somewhat thoughtful of doing that type of things, so they can avoid (if that is even possible) catching up with the Manga again.

But will see, Maybe when the Series really gets the momentum, then they do stop doing these half Manga Half Filler episodes. Seen how the are cramming Fillers info here and there, I see no reason why they shouldn’t do something similar for Kakshi Gaiden.
Old 2007-02-22, 15:11   Link #14
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Was this the first time, that Sakura saw Naruto do the Rasengan? I can't really remember...
At the roof of the hospital, when Naruto did rasengan against Sasuke's chidori, Sakura was also there (you might remember a noticeable amount of posts from that time, expressing a strong disappointment due to Kakashi's interference and Sakura not getting sandwiched between those two attacks).

But, it is possible that Sakura didn't have the time and mind to pay significant attention to Naruto's attack.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 15:35   Link #15
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
It would be interesting to read what your sentiments might be after you've watched the episode. Wonder how many chapters this episode have covered?
As long as there's no need for true filler episodes or arcs, it's all good. Although I'm not against good fillers that don't try to be serious. Like Episode 101, trying to see Kakashi's face. That was pretty funny.
Old 2007-02-22, 16:57   Link #16
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

This episode was good...the sound was good...however...it was a bit annoying to see so many flashbacks.

And i remember that Sakura was a genjutsu user...so even if it is a filler or not...i'd like to see Sakura use genjutsu aswell.

While watching i almost started to get angry at Naruto because he walked as a fool towards the bells on the floor....but...i was suprised that it was a Kage Bunshin (well done Anime Team )

As for Gaara...well...let's hope the anime can show and put up a nice fight!

BTW....do you guy's/lady's agree...they made Kakashi's eyes during the training pretty detailed...and nice..
Old 2007-02-22, 17:58   Link #17
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Finally got around to seeing it. The animating team did good job with the actual animations (like Johnny 5 said with Kakashi's eyes), but they're a little unimaginative when it comes to sequencing them. Hopefully they make up for it with Deidara vs. Gaara coming up. I love the choral vocal music they have whenever the Akatsuki guys show up. Sounds like it should be for a movie...

On a side note doesn't the ED sound really boyband-ish? I kind of hate it...
Old 2007-02-22, 18:36   Link #18
Vicious108

The pacing of this episode was totally killed by the constant flashbacks, why are they dragging everything so much, it's not like the anime will catch up to the manga anytime soon, not after 2 years of filler.

Anyways, the filler parts of Kakashi vs Naruto and Sakura were ok I suppose, but nothing too original. I still don't like Deidara's voice, but at least it sounds better than it did when we first heard him in episode 135.

Best thing about the episode was once again the music, that powerful orchestra seems to be Akatsuki's theme, which is pretty damn awesome if you ask me.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 20:51   Link #19
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Hmmm.... naruto:shippuden will be like story related fillers put together in chronological order?
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 20:54   Link #20
jedinat

The last Naruto I watched was episode 141. Just saw the first three episodes of the new series. While I am reminded why I bothered to stick with it for 141 episodes... it really doesn't look like much has changed in 2 years real time and 3 years in the anime. Everyone is still obsessed with Sasuke who should long have been killed off or otherwise resolved, Naruto is still a loser with 2 moves despite "special training", and battles have no real excitement or meaning because of all the doppelgangers.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote