frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Abnormal-kei Joshi

Author/Artist: Sanada Eleven
Genres: Harem, Romance, School Life, Seinen

Description from MU:
Quote:
High schooler Shiina Shinya thinks that all girls are pretty much good-for-nothing, mostly because he doesn't understand them at all. That doesn't stop him from being surrounded by strange girls! Tsubasa Tooka, a cute, much-admired girl, stalks him. Shikimura Masami is majorly into masochism, and has recruited Shinya into her play sessions. Ikari Satsuki seems suspiciously interested in the recent serial stabbings, and seems to want to drag Shinya into it. Banjou Yoruko, a normally quiet, bookish girl, has decided she and Shinya are bound up in some fantasy setting. Uchida Yumeji is the school's sleeping beauty, who spends all of her time in the infirmary because she requires so much sleep. Shinya brings her newspapers, so she can keep up with current events in the short time she spends awake. Lastly, Okui Akane is convinced she is a vampire. For all Shinya knows, it could be true, but in practice it just means that he has to let her drink his blood. How will Shinya deal with all these good-for-nothing girls that complicate his life?
I thought this might be similar Oddman 11, so I went to read the synopsis. It seemed interesting, so I read the first chapter. From the very first page, just looking at the expression of the MC, I KNEW I would be in for a treat. I'll let the rest speak for itself for now, but THIS is how I like my harems to start off. VERRY interesting kick-off to a harem series =03.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 13:24   Link #2
Xacual

The story has indeed been amusing so far. Chapter 2 got translated today leaving us I think two more raw chapters to go.

Based on initial appearances I'd have to go with Killer = Sleeping Beauty > Stalker > Vampire > Delusional Knight > Masochist. I wonder if Stalker is trying to get the girls to off each other what with continually calling the Delusional Knight to "protect him."

Next chapter we'll get to meet the
Spoiler for Chapter 3:

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 14:04   Link #3
Richocet
Lover of Purity

SO I started to read this and it seems...interesting to say the very least
Like stalker-kun said how he deals with these girls and also doesn't react to what they do is weird
Old 2013-02-13, 18:14   Link #4
Iron Maw
Banned

Ah, one those mangas where the entire harem is comepletely batshit. Not even main character is normal which is rare. I pretty much have no idea where this is going since there isn't a plot, but it's fun read for the insanity all the same.

BTW, did Yoruko remind anyone else of Himeka from Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 19:19   Link #5
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Based on initial appearances I'd have to go with Killer = Sleeping Beauty > Stalker > Vampire > Delusional Knight > Masochist. I wonder if Stalker is trying to get the girls to off each other what with continually calling the Delusional Knight to "protect him."
What a bunch of weird girls. I'll go insane having these kind of girls around me
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 19:21   Link #6
Utsuro no Hako

So are we supposed to be rooting for the girl we want the MC to get with, or the one we want to kill him?
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 21:26   Link #7
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
BTW, did Yoruko remind anyone else of Himeka from Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru?
Yoruko is an expy of Ame Ochibana from Denpa Teki na Kanojo. If you like her and you haven't watched the two OVAs for that, I'd highly recommend them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
So are we supposed to be rooting for the girl we want the MC to get with, or the one we want to kill him?
I guess we could speculate how we think the story will develop. We already have Stalker making the Delusional Knight go after the other girls. I'm pretty sure Sleeping Beauty is safe since well she doesn't do anything except talk to him for like half an hour once a day. Compared to Killer or Vampire anyway.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2013-02-13, 23:28   Link #8
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Like stalker-kun said how he deals with these girls and also doesn't react to what they do is weird
Yes, I think Shinya's reaction(or lack thereof) of what he sees those girls go through is the grand allure to this series. Most MCs would be afraid to death to deal with any of them, but he completely ignores the negative aspects of their character. Despite being a murderer, a stalker, a masochist, etc, he still values his connection to them as being friends, even if he thinks they are strange or dangerous.

Quote:
Based on initial appearances I'd have to go with Killer = Sleeping Beauty > Stalker > Vampire > Delusional Knight > Masochist. I wonder if Stalker is trying to get the girls to off each other what with continually calling the Delusional Knight to "protect him.
Huh? How the heck does Yumeji = Satsuki? I mean, sure, Yumeji is cute and all, but I'd hardly put her up there with the rest of the cast. Well, the Masochist would be on the lower end of the pole too. Actually, I can't rate all of them fairly because Yoroko and Satsuki got the most screen time so far, but I'd rate all of them except Yumeji and Shikimura on the same level, with the latter two slightly under the rest.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 01:06   Link #9
RJ TAYLER

You could almost open a book on when the MC is found in 'easy-to-assemble-kit-form' courtesy of one of the batshit insane-in-the-membrane babe squad. Nicely Twisted in a sort-of ''Addams Family" sort of way for my liking.
Old 2013-02-14, 01:37   Link #10
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Huh? How the heck does Yumeji = Satsuki? I mean, sure, Yumeji is cute and all, but I'd hardly put her up there with the rest of the cast. Well, the Masochist would be on the lower end of the pole too. Actually, I can't rate all of them fairly because Yoroko and Satsuki got the most screen time so far, but I'd rate all of them except Yumeji and Shikimura on the same level, with the latter two slightly under the rest.
That was completely based on my own preferences, I really liked the small bit with Yumeji and how she got fired up about the "Phantom Killer."

Old 2013-02-14, 05:42   Link #11
blade82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
the chunbiyo disease
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 15:58   Link #12
Iron Maw
Banned

I know it's a little early but, I can't shake the feeling that if any end happens Stalker-chan has the highest chance. She seems understand the lead the most and comes off as quite a schemer. Hell, if Shiina were to move somewhere, she's the most likely to track him down regardless of where it is.

Quote:
Yoruko is an expy of Ame Ochibana from Denpa Teki na Kanojo. If you like her and you haven't watched the two OVAs for that, I'd highly recommend them.
Cool, I'll certainly check that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
the chunbiyo disease
Yep, it seems characters with it are appearing more and more these days.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 20:52   Link #13
Kreceir

And the Yandere little sister joins the group!
all the girls are messed up in their heads, I'm loving this.

I'm actually excited for once and I can't wait for the next chapter.
Old 2013-02-21, 21:09   Link #14
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Wow a yandere imouto...I really dont know how to feel especially in this manga
And if I didn't know any better, I'd be really conflicted reading the last line
Old 2013-02-22, 00:21   Link #15
Xacual

Another great chapter though I read the translation last week so it wasn't all new. I think there's only one more chapter out too sadly.

Old 2013-02-22, 04:57   Link #16
whitecloud

the ending might be like school days minus the MC being killed...the only one that survive is the one that have least screen time like sleeping beauty or the one that good at scheming like stalker..

P.S : if those girl hang out around me....i would likely go insane too...or at least have emotional problem
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 08:32   Link #17
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I feel sorry for the masochist girl. I'm not really used on seeing girls being beating up like that O_O

He's quite a protective brother. He really spoil her sister. I wonder if the next girl will be tsundere?
Old 2013-02-22, 09:39   Link #18
Kreceir

I've got to agree I don't really like how the masochist girl is getting her *pleasure*
I was a bit oke when he whipped her, that's like standard bdsm tool, but then the kick to the head made me a bit concerned.

If you can't read Japanese or if you think away the text, it just looks he just beat up some random girl.

That's my only complaint.
Old 2013-02-22, 10:39   Link #19
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Yeah, and the very last page is quite disturbing. I really don't want to imagine what kind of beat up he did to her but I'm hoping that this will be the last or maybe they lessen this kind of scene. Not quite of fan of seeing a girl being beaten up like that.
Old 2013-02-22, 12:42   Link #20
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
I feel sorry for the masochist girl. I'm not really used on seeing girls being beating up like that O_O
I'm not used to girls who want to be beat up like that.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, romance, school life, seinen