AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-08-06, 15:31   Link #61
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCachicamo View Post
Poor Hiroyuki Sanada, wasting his time in these movies when he's capable of much more. Hiro is such a great actor and such an amazing martial artist that is sad to see him act in this shitty American films.

I think this makes me admire Tony Leung even more, he receives scripts from Hollywood all the time and he never agrees because they're all garbage roles. And Tony Leung is one of the best actors in the world, just imagine how bad it is for Asian American actors to have decent roles in Hollywood.
Maybe he wanted the exposure? Though I agree he needs to get a new agent who doesn't accept every single Hollywood role that comes across the desk. That said, I really liked his performance in The Last Samurai which is a prime example of oriental actors employed right (also the best Tom Cruise film IMO).

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
ahh, thanks for the explanation. i don't follow the comics.

thin layer or not, doesn't it not matter because its indestructible? also, why didn't he slice those samurai swords apart easily, when he was fighting the dad?
Those were made of adamantium also, if I'm not mistaken.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 15:33   Link #62
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Wait... if I remember correctly...

Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2013-08-06, 17:50   Link #63
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
thin layer or not, doesn't it not matter because its indestructible? also, why didn't he slice those samurai swords apart easily, when he was fighting the dad?
The Silver Samurai's armor and sword are also made of adamantium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Wait... if I remember correctly...

Spoiler for spoilers:
Yes, but it's not like only his claws were adamantium. He still had it coating every other bone in his body.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 18:59   Link #64
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
^ Yeah, I know... figured I'd help point out that he's stuck with Bone Claws now and help that discussion...

Though, with the few images we have of Days of Future Past, it looks like he get's them back somehow... atleast the "future" him.
Old 2013-08-06, 19:27   Link #65
GDB

Well, if he just transfers his mind rather than body, then he'd be in his past self, which still had adamantium.
Old 2013-08-06, 20:01   Link #66
james0246

Magneto could always graft more Adamantium onto Wolverine's claws.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 06:55   Link #67
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Magneto could always graft more Adamantium onto Wolverine's claws.
Now that would be a cool thing to see. Which reminds me, since the abomination that was The Last Stand, we don't know by how much Magneto has regained his powers, if at all. Something tells me the new film will be focusing primarily on the "new" cast and chances are we'll only have a handful of scenes with Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen in them...
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 10:10   Link #68
GDB

We also know Storm's back, so there's sure to be some good amount of "current" scenes. And we know Magneto got his powers back to some extent, since he stopped Wolverine cold.
Old 2013-08-21, 14:44   Link #69
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Just came back after watching this, it was an average movie. Still, felt half-baked from start to finish; more like a big side-story in Wolverine's life, nothing too great (although he did lose them metal claws). The theme was great, Wolverine's dilemma between a cursed life and the many chances presented for a promising death.

Got a question for you though, where was his bodyguard when he met Magneto? Oh, and Viper sucked...like, a lot.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 15:11   Link #70
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Got a question for you though, where was his bodyguard when he met Magneto?
That final scene at the end there came off to me as if it could've taken place after a time skip of an unspecified length. In any case, she could be watching him from a distance or they could've gone there separate ways--Not that her presence would've mattered with how someone either made time freeze or controlled everyone to stop moving.

I couldn't really tell who was responsible for that whether it be Charles or some other mutant present that wasn't necessarily shown.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 15:23   Link #71
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I took that as Charles freezing Logan's perception of his environment, in order to have him focus on these two, but it could have been anything. As for the timeskip, it might as well be, since the Wolverine doesn't show his age...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 15:31   Link #72
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I took that as Charles freezing Logan's perception of his environment, in order to have him focus on these two, but it could have been anything.
That's an interesting interpretation...and far more plausible than what I suggested. I think I'll go with that.
Old 2013-08-21, 15:32   Link #73
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
That final scene at the end there came off to me as if it could've taken place after a time skip of an unspecified length.
Or, perhaps, 2 years later, as it said on the screen when the scene first began.
Old 2013-08-22, 21:26   Link #74
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Or, perhaps, 2 years later, as it said on the screen when the scene first began.
Missed it.
Old 2013-12-04, 00:26   Link #75
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

This movie was great! Although missing some kind of epic punch expected in most superhero films The Wolverine more than made up for it with the little things.
Having such a solo character specific movie required a great actor and Hugh Jackman as always does his character justice, and then some. From the chilling A Bomb opening scene to train fight (which had me loling) to Wolverines final "sayonara" this film had many fantastic components. Although not particularly pieced together in the most plausible fashion (with alot of the events in the story seeming there for 'plots sake') all in all the film built on the hope for the X-Men franchise that first class gave
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 03:04   Link #76
Etyo

This movie had good things and bad things. I like wolverine I think his stories are always so romantic/dramatic with action and blood!! and all those good things. There are some you know, wait what moments but who cares it was entertaining . Hugh Jackman is the man.
Etyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 17:16   Link #77
monster

Hmm, I just finished watching this, and I hope Logan's self-appointed bodyguard will show up again in a future X-Men/Wolverine movie. I like her attitude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etyo View Post
There are some you know, wait what moments but who cares it was entertaining
Yes, one in particular is how Logan can still use his claws without injuring himself. There is also the scene with Magneto, but I guess he still has some adamantium in his body. Still, like you said, quite entertaining overall.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 20:53   Link #78
jdennis007

Just to answer some questions,
Professor X can control a group of people to make them stop.
Wolverine's claws do in fact injure him when he pops them but it is a minor injury due to his healing factor and heals almost instantly.
Old 2014-05-31, 01:36   Link #79
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennis007 View Post
Wolverine's claws do in fact injure him when he pops them but it is a minor injury due to his healing factor and heals almost instantly.
Sure, but his healing power was neutralized temporarily.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote