AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (second series) - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 5 12.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 10.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 15.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 12.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 15.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 17.95%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 7.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 5.13%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-28, 07:08   Link #21
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Yeah, I'll admit this episode wasn't as good as I'd hoped it would be.

At least we got to see some more Kirche and Tabitha for the first time in a long time.

Spoiler for Colbert:

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2007-08-28, 07:13   Link #22
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Spoiler for Colbert:
Spoiler:

I hope we see Saito and his hax powers return next episode, i miss seeing that.
Old 2007-08-28, 09:49   Link #23
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Colbert definetly knows something
an Ok episode, nothing really interesting in this ep, for once i missed all the harem elements
Old 2007-08-28, 10:04   Link #24
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, since the start, Colbert has looked so suspicious that the surprise will be if he happens to not have been one of the guys to burn Agnes' hometown. There was some doubt he might not have been the captain himself, but now? Again, the surprise will be if it's all a red herring and he wasn't after all.
Old 2007-08-28, 10:05   Link #25
Runa
Fallen Angel
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Runa Send a message via Yahoo to Runa
be patient guys.... maybe they're already planning for this series til 3rd or 4th season.... that's why they surely take their time in making something unimportant events into 1 full ep which is boring uf course....
Old 2007-08-28, 10:57   Link #26
Echoes

I agree that they're spending a bit too much time on what appears to be a side-story, but I don't agree that this makes the show the least bit boring.

And yes, the Colbert thing is (or seems to be) pretty obvious, it almost seems like they're giving us too much reason to suspect him. I wonder if he was really as cold-blooded as he was described though, that part's a little dubious.
Old 2007-08-29, 12:44   Link #27
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I guess the episode was not that bad but i still did not enjoy it as much as the ones in the first season, im just being patient till things get rolling. We had a little bit of action and we see that Colbert definetly has a past that needs to be explored i was. I agree that sometimes running away is the best course of action but Colbert always wants to run away which i disagee with and so did the gang. I mean Kirche basically called him a coward. Anies is in deep shit i dont think she can beat this guy so im sure the fatal blow will be given by Seito once he goes beserk familiar on him. No princess this episode SIGH but im know we will see more of her. Louises sisters are very honorable to offer themselves as hostages to get the other released but it didnt work. Louises older sister has a funny way of showing her love for Louise but you can tell everything she does is out of love and even to the point where Seito sided with her which amazed me he wouldnt even listen to her orders to let her out at first.

the strike on the magic academy seemed like a waste to me but there must be more to it that we do not know as of yet. Plus Anies guards got their asses whooped by the infiltration team. If its just to kill all the nobles children then so be it but i cant see how that would help their enemy to win the war. Oh well i gave it 6 i hope the next ones are better
Old 2007-08-29, 12:53   Link #28
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Louises older sister has a funny way of showing her love for Louise but you can tell everything she does is out of love and even to the point where Seito sided with her which amazed me he wouldnt even listen to her orders to let her out at first.
Shows that he really cares for Lousie and wants what's best for her. With everything else that's going on, this might be the best shot we get to see some affection. Though Lousie didn't care much for it, so I don't suppose we got any relationship development.
Old 2007-08-29, 13:50   Link #29
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I guess the episode was not that bad but i still did not enjoy it as much as the ones in the first season, im just being patient till things get rolling. We had a little bit of action and we see that Colbert definetly has a past that needs to be explored i was. I agree that sometimes running away is the best course of action but Colbert always wants to run away which i disagee with and so did the gang. I mean Kirche basically called him a coward.
Actually, he said the kids should run away. He didn't say anything about what he planned to be doing.

If he just doesn't want to expose children to danger - that's quite understandable. And he's been saying since the beginning he didn't want his students to fight.
Old 2007-08-29, 16:52   Link #30
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Actually, he said the kids should run away. He didn't say anything about what he planned to be doing.

If he just doesn't want to expose children to danger - that's quite understandable. And he's been saying since the beginning he didn't want his students to fight.
ah i missed that part about the kids running away. I know he said he never wanted his students to experience what war is really like. Which leads me to beleive that he has seen his fair share of death and destruction. I think only a person whose has truly expierenced the horrors of war can talk about it the way he did. He was very effective at getting Louise to snap out of her stubborn mood. Asking would she kill was very point blank way of getting her to think twice. If it was someone like Anies i would say sure she has what it takes to be on the battlefield to fight and if need be kill. Thats what she trained for she has the mindset for it and her troops. Now Louise who has pretty much lead a sheltered pampared life of noble could not kill in that type of situation. I think she would be terrifed and freeze even with Seito there, of course you couldnt send one without the other to the front line. Seito i could see fighting if it was for the right cause and killing if needed to. Im actually very interested in Colbert backround and his past not much was said about him in the first season, and as i have not read the manga i dont know if there was more info about him in it.
Old 2007-08-30, 19:51   Link #31
jtrog

Thumbs up

--checks to make sure I watched the same show been talked about--

I liked it, they answered a few more missing information things for the story. The heroic rescue was probably more realistic than the way others may have done it. Louise's family now showing they gotta role and putting it on the line. The animation was pretty good too.
Old 2007-08-31, 10:06   Link #32
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

For me the ep was ok, but the real highlight was they finally gave us some Tabitha and Kirche screen time and about bloody time!!

now is it me or that it seems waaaaaay toooo obvious that Colbert is the Flame Snake guy?!
Old 2007-08-31, 14:52   Link #33
f4bidnish40

Send a message via AIM to f4bidnish40 Send a message via Yahoo to f4bidnish40
Quite right...

Sorta off topic but...

If you have ever read the pita-ten manga and compared that to the anime, the anime's a bit too sugary and some of the plot from the manga is non-existant in there... somehow, the anime, it being an animated version of the original source in most cases, they tend to be a bit mediocure.

ON TOPIC:
Finally, Kirche and Tabitha finally make another appearance.
Somehow, they make it a bit too obvious that Colbert's involved... all we need to clarify is how.

Montmorency seems to be having it pretty tough in this season (refers to ep 3 when Agnes grabs her wand)

I have to give this episode an 8. This episode lacked action somewhat.
Old 2007-09-01, 02:42   Link #34
Pakxenon
popcorn

I don't think exploring Agnes' story is the problem. It's the way they tell it and all the obvious clues they're giving. Sure, Agnes' story is cliche (surviver tries to get revenge for incident), but at least giving a new character a spotlight is a proper way to use them. We all know Tabitha's backstory, Louise's family, and Colbert's lab of science, so why not some Agnes' revenge. The problem with the second season the way I see it is mainly the abundance of clues and slow pace that makes me want to know when I'm getting the resolution. In other words, when will this arc end and get on to the main story again?

Also, the villains are returning to the brat-likeness from the first season. This big muscle guy... he's taking an awful long time just to burn down an academy. What's the point of keeping hostages if they're not going to be used (for negotiations and such) anyways? The Gun crew received some pretty pointless and undramatic deaths during their infiltration.

And that's my 4/10.
Old 2007-09-01, 18:41   Link #35
Runa
Fallen Angel
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Runa Send a message via Yahoo to Runa
well... there's only a few ep left, looks like the ED is already known if the story still going on like this...

still in this season the main star is Loise and Saito not agnes who has a big portion role in this series which i see the opposite T_T. this is what i found sadly >.<
Old 2007-09-01, 19:48   Link #36
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

there really dragging this anime. It should go for a few more episodes or they should hire a new director to get this show going. A few more episodes will allow us to see whats going to happen in the war in detail or the new director would speed things up.

Thanks Sephi
Old 2007-09-04, 19:09   Link #37
Ashlotte
Clockwork

So-so episode story wise...Horrible episode animation wise.

The movement in the action parts was just...ugh heh...Oh well got 9 downloading as I type so heres to hoping that one turns out a bit better.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-09-04, 19:11   Link #38
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Horrible episode animation wise.
I wouldn't say horrible at all. It was animation that worked for the episode --- its been that way since the start.
Old 2007-09-04, 22:46   Link #39
Ashlotte
Clockwork

After seeing what they where capable of with that short bit underneath the stage...yea that action animation was pretty poor heh. The actual quality of say a single frame was fine but the way it was actually animated into movement was pretty horribly stiff.

Ah well id watched a much higher quality show just before I caught this episode so it probably prejudiced me alittle...Still seems silly though for a second season of a popular show with so few episodes they can't keep the action animation quality consistent.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-09-08, 06:55   Link #40
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Actually, is the plot for this season just focused around Anies and her past, cause it does seem to be like that. I duno what to think as to me saito and louise seems to have been bumped off as supporting characters leaving Anies to be the heroine, while it isnt too bad this isn't something I was expecting >_< well at least the story isnt too bad (honestly have seen a lot more worse XD)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread