AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-17, 02:08   Link #121
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

It's possible Micchon might be a better choice to obtain information about the system itself, but I presume Akira doesn't want to know about that. I theorize he only wants to know how Outside obtained their program, and he could get that information from Saki too (at least he thinks so). She is the most logical choice, since she is going to be alone in DC.

I also have the impression Juiz is an Artificial Intelligence.

As I said, it's unlikely the whole theory going to be true, but in the past ~3-4 episodes nothing I've seen proved it wrong yet, and I'm hoping some parts of the theory going to be accurate to some degree.
Old 2009-05-17, 05:31   Link #122
Field of Lilies

The sheer speed with which Juiz is able to process the requests is mindboggling. Even if she is an AI (which I agree is very likely), you'd think that bribing for example takes some time. She first has to find and contact the person, than she has to make the deal and than it's executed. But with the speed these requests are fulfilled, there isn't even enough time to tell the person that's being bribed what you want them to do exactly. And don't even get me started on the birds...
Old 2009-05-17, 05:46   Link #123
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

They are tamed and instructed ravens!

No, I actually think Juiz probably took care of the problem in a different way, and the ravens were just for making us believe, like Juiz could control animals too. Of course that's just my speculation.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-05-17 at 06:39.
Old 2009-05-17, 07:52   Link #124
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But is it really Juiz? I personally think she's just the concierge (whether she's an AI or not), as she claims to be, and that what makes everything possible (make the prime minister say whatever, or the SDF throw missiles in the center of Tokyo) is just Mr. Outside's political and economic power.

Just my two cents.
Actually I'm just calling it Juiz because I don't have another name to use. It's very possible that Juiz herself is a human being that just does her work. But what I'm referring to is the whole system behind her, the incredible amount of connections to any kind of power in Japan as well as the access to sci-fi technology resources.

Anyway in the case Juiz is an AI then I'm also referring to her, because in our world we are still far from having such a perfect AI. And an AI who has the same capabilities of a human being already includes images recognization.
The reason I suspect she's an AI is because I doubt a normal human being could perform her task. She's always available 24h a day, and she has to deal with 12... I mean 10 seleçao all at the same time, but we have never seen any seleçao be put on hold because she's talking with someone else at that moment. There' also the swiftness she processes operations and execute them to consider. And then there are signs that she doesn't seem to feel emotions nor she seems to perfectly understand them. Her emotion display seems a little fake to me, like when she says she is worried, or disappointed, or that she is happy to have helped Hiura. She says all that but she doesn't really seem to feel that, at least to me, I might be wrong ^^;

Old 2009-05-17, 08:20   Link #125
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I just had a theory: What if Mr. OUTSIDE was the American President, or an important figure in the White House? Would explain the whole White House being the centre of the world thing. Would also explain why he's called Mr.OUTSIDE. And could potentially explain why #9 was there.

Anyone?
Old 2009-05-17, 08:29   Link #126
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

It's not a crazy theory actually, but I doubt it's the President himself. It's not impossible Outside might be someone in the White House.
If it's someone with a position in the WH, it's possible Akira wanted to desperately kill Outside even at the cost of his own life, and he's just like "ah, to hell with it. I even get naked!". Of course the supporter would interfere with that plan.
The biggest flaw I can think of on top of my head now, is that "new Akira" instantly knew Saki is a japanese, even though they are a street apart (~10-20 meters). I have the impression, he knew something about Saki, and it's more than just a coincidence that she was there.
Plus he only had a revolver. I'm no murderer myself and I never been to the US, but I would imagine a simple revolver is not going to be enough to infiltrate the White House .
Old 2009-05-17, 08:31   Link #127
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It may not be that he recognized that Saki was japanese. Maybe he just can't speak English, very well. My mom can barely form a coherent English sentence but seems to understand English well enough.
Old 2009-05-17, 09:34   Link #128
Field of Lilies

Interesting theory The one thing that immediately pops into my head is "Why would he?"

As for the ravens: I think my personal crack theory will be genetically enhanced ravens with build-in GPS
Old 2009-05-17, 09:35   Link #129
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I just had a theory: What if Mr. OUTSIDE was the American President, or an important figure in the White House? Would explain the whole White House being the centre of the world thing. Would also explain why he's called Mr.OUTSIDE. And could potentially explain why #9 was there.

Anyone?
Well this is of course just my opinion but I really can't see that being true ^^;

First, why would the US president care about Japan? The only possible explanation is that he's using Japan as a test field. But as much as a the US president is considered the most powerful individual in the world he really isn't that powerful, and most certainly doesn't have 12 billions of yen to spare. You should assume that the whole american congress is backing him giving him free access to tax funds (and that mean killing just the president wouldn't solve a thing).

Also it doesn't really explain why Akira went there naked with a gun. If you want to kill a president the most effective way is with a snipe rifle, and it doesn't involve going inside his house. I don't think Akira is so stupid to think he could kill the President by going inside the white house with close ranged weapons. I assume he watched JFK the movie, and even if he didn't he should know the history.

Old 2009-05-17, 12:47   Link #130
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Here's hoping for a plot-hole.
Old 2009-05-19, 15:31   Link #131
ivoryshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

Anyone?

Hmmmm, interesting
Old 2009-05-22, 08:22   Link #132
Bliner

Other theory , what if the Mrs. Outside is Akira? He dont have memory so he can be him.
Old 2009-05-22, 13:56   Link #133
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

In ep7, Diana tells Akira he is the Supporter and he is the one behind Careless Monday. She also says, kind of ironically, it is an honor for him to contact her, and she is surprised he is so young.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-05-23, 00:54   Link #134
hyperviper

Remember that guy in episode 1 who was Seleco? I have a feeling he's the one who's responsible for taking out Akira's memories. Maybe, he took em out because he knew that Akira was the supporter.
Old 2009-05-23, 02:15   Link #135
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

The memory wipe was in Akira's expenses, which implies that he bought it himself.

It's probably part of his own master plan, whatever the hell that is. The guy in ep. 1 knew that Akira had bought it because it showed up in his log, hence his line.
Old 2009-05-23, 08:36   Link #136
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Okay, this is regarding the opening:

Now we see at some point when their showing the badges that #1 connects to everyone but #12. My guess it that one of them is the supporter and one of them is Mr.OUTSIDE.
Old 2009-05-23, 09:24   Link #137
namaenai

I cannot figure it out , so if you did, pretty please explain me this...
Kinda look for some websites(animesuki included) if this has already said before, and I can't seem to find any.(sorry if mentioned before)

anyway so here it is..
In first episode in taxi we can see the time is 8:43. (1.54 min of the episode)

After she get off the taxi, when she is in front of the white house she looks her watch and there, time is 8:31. (3.07 min of the episode)

Of course you can just tell me either her watch or taxi's time is wrong (may be both) but since there is just hour difference (not minutes) between USA and Japan it is not a time difference thing.
I donT know if it is just a mistake or has some special meaning??
Anyone have any idea.... Thank you very much

By the way the other clock scene is at 10.40 min of episode where we can see Saki's watch is showing 9:06 but this is ok since it is not a time before 8:43 or 8:31.
Old 2009-05-23, 10:37   Link #138
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaenai View Post
...[interesting point about time]...
Nice catch. I can't figure it out. Someone's clock is wrong, maybe, but that seems unlikely, since everything else is so carefully figured out. We do get a jump-back in time just after that, when we see Juiz and #1 talking before Saki arrives.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-05-23, 11:32   Link #139
Lostdreams

Honestly, this is just a theory but I believe that Juiz is the supporter. Juiz is the only one that could've sent the message by the detective to his wife, and Juiz is the only one that could get some1 to go into the hospital of the doctor.
Old 2009-05-23, 11:49   Link #140
namaenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Nice catch. I can't figure it out. Someone's clock is wrong, maybe, but that seems unlikely, since everything else is so carefully figured out. We do get a jump-back in time just after that, when we see Juiz and #1 talking before Saki arrives.
Thanks.. It has been eating my mind for a while so I wanted to share it.

It's been a while since I'm this addictive to an anime.
I'm really curious about how this time thing and the whole anime will turn out
Closed Thread