AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2011-01-07, 23:10   Link #1821
Lost Cause

I know this may be wishful thinking (or hoping) but seeing how the new series, side story, spinoff, is set during 2017 I wonder if Shirley might make a cameo appearence?

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 00:41   Link #1822
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
I know this may be wishful thinking (or hoping) but seeing how the new series, side story, spinoff, is set during 2017 I wonder if Shirley might make a cameo appearence?
I wouldn't count on it since this new series is supposed to take place in Europe and, as far as we know, Shirley never went there or had anything to do with it during the course of the first series. Still, I guess anything's possible.

It is possible though that there may be a Shirley-ish character in the new series (Layla, perhaps?). If so, hopefully this one won't get killed off.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 00:44   Link #1823
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
I wouldn't count on it since this new series is supposed to take place in Europe and, as far as we know, Shirley never went there or had anything to do with it during the course of the first series. Still, I guess anything's possible.

It is possible though that there may be a Shirley-ish character in the new series (Layla, perhaps?). If so, hopefully this one won't get killed off.
Yes, please spare the fans the death of another cute and innocent girl that is dedicated to her boyfriend if there ever is another Shirley-type character.

If this is taking place and Europe, and what the cameras are going to be focused on are going to be about Zero on T.V. I have the feeling Shirley will not be present in this new series sadly, but who knows, they might pull a trick or two that might actually show her in atleast "one" or more scenes to please the fans.
Old 2011-01-08, 12:44   Link #1824
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Yes, please spare the fans the death of another cute and innocent girl that is dedicated to her boyfriend if there ever is another Shirley-type character.

If this is taking place and Europe, and what the cameras are going to be focused on are going to be about Zero on T.V. I have the feeling Shirley will not be present in this new series sadly, but who knows, they might pull a trick or two that might actually show her in atleast "one" or more scenes to please the fans.
Hopefully, this girl won't be in love with a crazy mind-torn abandoned prince who is dedicated in destroying the empire of his origin through supernatural powers obtained by being in the wrong place at the wrong time....What are the odds?

But then again, this is Code Geass.

Anyhow, I see it unlikely Shirley herself making an appearance, but as Nobodyman said, it is likely we'll get another character which reflects her personality. Plus, I don't think they want to enrage their fanbase by showing Shirley but not Kallen or C2. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall them being in the new series either. I don't know much about it though.)
Perhaps if those two appear, Shirley will have a chance. Otherwise, the most we'll probably get is the Shirley throw-off.

- Lashloseus
Hsadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 21:17   Link #1825
Rei.K

From what I've seen, she's usually a bit less popular than these two, so I guess if they had one of these ladies make a cameo in the new series, C.C or Kallen would have a lot more chances to appear than her.
Oh well... I guess Shirley fans can still rewatch both seasons (only up to R2 episode 12 for me)
Rei.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 22:24   Link #1826
azul120

R2 13 is when things start getting worse on an almost constant basis. (Tthe formation of the UFN, a crucial step to success, was complete on R2 16, but that and pretty much everything else was shot to hell mere episodes later.)

But yeah, for Shirley alone, it's frightening how quickly it fell apart for good for her.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 22:19   Link #1827
Lost Cause

"There are always possibilities" said another famous character who once died and came back to life. As for as I'm concerned this next installment is supposed to have all new characters right? Seems to me their not to worried about the fanbase!
Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 15:02   Link #1828
darthfury78

I always believed(in Code Geass R2, anyway) that Shirley x Lelouch was made to reflect Suzaku x Euphemia romance of Season One. The patterns between the respected tragic couples are quite similar between the two series. Both Shirley and Euphemia died from the same gunshot injury. And both of them died in the same respective hospital room. Noticed the similarities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
"There are always possibilities" said another famous character who once died and came back to life. As for as I'm concerned this next installment is supposed to have all new characters right? Seems to me their not to worried about the fanbase!
Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Unfortunately, the new series takes place around the same time as Lelouch's rebellion that began in 2017 as well. Both events take place alongside one another in two respected locations. I doubt that series will cross paths with each other unless the producers choose to remake Code Geass R2, since the original version for the second season was to have taken place in 2017 instead of 2018 due to the rewrite that they were forced to make upon the show, making it rather confusing and uneven. Therefore, any possible return of Lelouch and the Black Knights would have to take place from where Season One had left off because the creators made sure that the series could not possibly continue from where Season Two had left off without ruining the happy ending that the Zero Requiem had ensued.

Last edited by darthfury78; 2011-01-19 at 15:15.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 15:50   Link #1829
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I always believed(in Code Geass R2, anyway) that Shirley x Lelouch was made to reflect Suzaku x Euphemia romance of Season One. The patterns between the respected tragic couples are quite similar between the two series. Both Shirley and Euphemia died from the same gunshot injury. And both of them died in the same respective hospital room. Noticed the similarities?
Uh...Shirley died in a mall. But aside from that, yes, I do see the similarities.
Old 2011-01-19, 16:43   Link #1830
darthfury78

Quote:
Uh...Shirley died in a mall. But aside from that, yes, I do see the similarities.
True. But her body was in the same hospital room as Euphemia's body from Season One.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 17:45   Link #1831
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
True. But her body was in the same hospital room as Euphemia's body from Season One.
No it wasn't.

How can you even know that?
Old 2011-01-19, 20:48   Link #1832
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I go with Nobodyman9 here.... All we saw of Shirley before her death was at the mall not at a hospital.
Old 2011-01-19, 23:25   Link #1833
Betteroffer

Quote:
This is impossible. After Euphemia was shot, she was taken aboard the Avalon by Suzaku and died there.

They were shown to be in similer types of rooms perhaps, but they died in completely different types of places (a mall and a floatship).

I don't think the mechanics of their deaths are the best places to look to draw similarities between the two, but rather the lives they each lived, the themes they embodied and the effects their deaths had on the people they loved and the consequences to the story as a whole, among those being (but not limited to) the seeming loss of hope and a path of conventional redemption for the guys they were in love with.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 00:31   Link #1834
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I go with Nobodyman9 here.... All we saw of Shirley before her death was at the mall not at a hospital.
Well, he was actually referring to where she was after she died. There was a scene where a doctor was explaining the cause of her death to Suzaku, in which you can see Shirley on an examination table (or something).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
This is impossible. After Euphemia was shot, she was taken aboard the Avalon by Suzaku and died there.

They were shown to be in similer types of rooms perhaps, but they died in completely different types of places (a mall and a floatship).
Yes, a medical room, which is where dead or dying people usually end up at some point.

Quote:
I don't think the mechanics of their deaths are the best places to look to draw similarities between the two, but rather the lives they each lived, the themes they embodied and the effects their deaths had on the people they loved and the consequences to the story as a whole, among those being (but not limited to) the seeming loss of hope and a path of conventional redemption for the guys they were in love with.
Meowth, that's right.
Old 2011-01-20, 01:46   Link #1835
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Well, he was actually referring to where she was after she died. There was a scene where a doctor was explaining the cause of her death to Suzaku, in which you can see Shirley on an examination table (or something).
If memory serves, Euphemia died aboard one of the mecha carriers in the medical ward while Shirley died in a mall.
Old 2011-01-20, 03:51   Link #1836
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
If memory serves, Euphemia died aboard one of the mecha carriers in the medical ward while Shirley died in a mall.
Yes. We've established that.
Old 2011-06-08, 06:45   Link #1837
Rei.K

According to Sankaku, Shirley ranks 10th in the "Top 10 anime characters you just want to kill".

I'm going to personally hunt down people who voted her and make sure they don't live past their next birthday, I swear.
Old 2011-06-08, 08:42   Link #1838
Sol Falling

There really are some incredibly stupid and pathetic people out there in this world, huh. I wonder how it'd even be like to live, as that completely worthless a type of human.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 15:02   Link #1839
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei.K View Post
According to Sankaku, Shirley ranks 10th in the "Top 10 anime characters you just want to kill".

I'm going to personally hunt down people who voted her and make sure they don't live past their next birthday, I swear.
I don't know if I'd go that far but I don't really see why people hate her so.
Old 2011-06-08, 17:43   Link #1840
Rei.K

Lelouch x C.C/Kallen shippers perharps ?
Or maybe they're jaleous they don't have her beautiful green eyes.

Seriously though, Shirley was a clumsy girl but she was cheerful and very friendly.
Someone would have to actually try hard to hate her. There are much more dislikable characters out there.