AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-10, 17:41   Link #1
refused!

fmp novels...

I've just finished the fmp? season one and fmp?fumoffu series, and as usual I can't get enough... So I searched around on this forum and found some translated novels that start right after the season 1 took of. They seem to be written in 2001, and were translated in 2003-04 (still being translated I think)... anyway, I was wondering how many novels that do exist, counting from the "the of day by day" start. Because, the way I see it, chapter 1-3 (the second part of 3 is currently being translated, if I understood it correctly) would be like 4 maybe 5 episodes. So I'm just curious whether or not there material enough for a new season of fmp?...

Anyway, I liked fmp ALOT, it's easily my new favourite, and just thinking of having to wait another month or so for newly translated novels, well, it justs leaves a empty hole in my stumach (not to say I don't appreciate the translators job, it's REALLY good, and I really appreciate someone taking their time to translate it).
Old 2004-06-18, 00:50   Link #2
arias

This board has been stagnating.. but for those who are unaware of the Full Metal Panic novel which is being translated (and will probably not be "licensed" in any sense), you can find them at http://www.boku-tachi.net

It is a translation of the novel "Day by Day", which continues after the FMP! Season 1 story, introducing new characters and also deepening the relationships between existing ones. The novel is finely translated; the translation is clear and concise, and the content and writing of the novel itself is pretty finely structured with effective tension. Five chapters (some divided into sub-chapters) of "Day by Day" have been released, plus a Full Metal Panic! Cinderella story. The translation of the final episode of "Day by Day" should be released in two weeks.

Go over and download freely, and drop a line of support to the hardworking translators
Old 2004-06-18, 03:06   Link #3
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

Wow, this looks like a lot of work. How may FMP novels are there?
Old 2004-06-18, 19:58   Link #4
arias

I'm unsure but here's a resource that lists ALL FMP novels;

http://www.abstratica.org/anime/fmp/fmp.html
Old 2004-06-18, 20:25   Link #5
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

If I remember correctly, there's a total of 4 novels not including Cinderella...albeit this is probably incorrect and I'm not even sure if I am remembering them correctly.

I'll have to check in on it sometime