Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-09, 00:15   Link #121
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
Where did you get this Shichibukai fighting an entire crew alone business from? Who brought up fights? I said a Shichibukai has never shown to use marines as backups and that is fact.

Mihawk > Shanks fanboys
I am quoting you:
Quote:
Shichibukai are just boss game! They Don't need a band they sail solo!
Oh and for the above equation, I guess the original would be

Shanks > Mihawk > Shanks fanboys > Mihawk fanboys

Better, yeah!
Old 2008-07-09, 00:25   Link #122
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
I am quoting you:

Oh and for the above equation, I guess the original would be

Shanks > Mihawk > Shanks fanboys > Mihawk fanboys

Better, yeah!
Now where did I bring up fights in there? No where.

Mihawk > Shanks, absolute fact!
Old 2008-07-09, 03:06   Link #123
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

i tot Mihawk = Shanks when Shanks have both his arms.

if it is the current Shanks, i think Mihawk > Shanks.

however as a whole, Shanks + Crew > Mihawk if not it will demean the power of the yonkou.

Beside being strong, i think wat make the pirates yonkou is tt they have capable leadership and have absolutely strong crew. if not i dun think they can survive at all in the new world even with an imba devil fruit. u can just use number tactics to wear down the opponent and then kill him. thus a crew is much needed.
Old 2008-07-09, 04:02   Link #124
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Since Shanks have such an unstable haki power Mihawk is just a lolsome opponent.If its one of those kiddy dragonballz power level arguments, hell it is abvious as daylight that Shanks can own Mihawk in less than a minute with his full powers on...I doubt that he is taking those friendly duels seriously, it may be just for fun with his normalized sword skills...
Old 2008-07-09, 06:16   Link #125
Vree

Another baseless theory that has absolutely no basis save for the fact that we know that Oda likes to surprise us:

Law's pirates are bear-themed. So is Kuma. Doesn't that suggest a connection?

It'd be pretty fun if it turned out that they had a past together, or even know how and why Kuma had become a cyborg.

That, or Oda just really likes bears.
Old 2008-07-09, 07:46   Link #126
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

How are the Heart pirates bear themed. They've got a bear in their ranks but that doesn't make them bear themed. They look more astronouts in those outfits of theirs.
Old 2008-07-09, 09:06   Link #127
marvelB

I kinda had the impression that the Heart Pirates were "New Age"-themed, like Bellamy/Doflamingo's crew. Heck, both crews even have similar "smiley" symbols, after all (and not to mention that they're both from North Blue). However, it's yet to be seen whether Law actually DOES have any connection to Doflamingo or not...

And yeah, it looks like there's no chapter this week after all (the fact that there're no spoilers out is obvious proof of this). However, there WILL be a chapter next week on Jump's 40th anniversary issue with a colorspread, so it's all good.

And back to the Kidd/Law vs. Kuma battle... I'm hoping that we'll finally get the names of both Supernova captain's Devil Fruits. We've seen them using their abilities for a few chapters now, but we still haven't gotten a clear description of them...

Last edited by marvelB; 2008-07-09 at 09:20.
Old 2008-07-09, 10:24   Link #128
Master Mold
Banned

Well its not just Kid and Law vs Kuma, from what it looks like it kid and Law and there 2 crews vs just Kuma, For some reason I just don't see Kuma losing to these rookies. He's been built up to be a non complete bad a**. Besides with The fight against Whitebeard just around the corner, if there is a time Kuma needs to be put down, in the face of Whitebeard Pirates would be the best IMO. Not against 2 rookie Pirate crews.
Old 2008-07-09, 13:20   Link #129
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
But it was stated in the chapter that Silvers met Hachi when hachi was a boy over 20 years ago.
Sorry I don't agree with that over 20 years ago automaticly means that he knew Hachi before Roger got executed. It could be an indication but so far we can only speculate. My guess is since Hachi saved him as a kid it was prolly near fishman island so my guess is that Hachi saved him then Rayleigh went to archeapolage and became a coater. Or he was a coater already and Hachi saved him near archeapolage. The only reason I think that way cause it seems most logic.

Quote:
Why Yes, but that doesn't mean Moria got his can owned by kaidoh 1 on 1, if thats the case I'm sure Moria would have been putting more thought into his own personal power then Crew power , but that was not the case. Moria felt the only differences was the level in crews.

As for Moria rival Kaidoh....
Well in the end it's total power that counts. And I don't know how Morias 1 on 1 went.

Quote:
Mihawk is the strongest swordsman in the world, Shanks is a sowrdsman, its that simple. Its stated in the Red Data Book that Mihawk sails the whole One Piece world alone, and cuts up large Pirate fleets like nothing, Shanks on the other hand has a powerful pirate crew, and I'm willing to bet that none of them are stronger then Shanks. Who seems weaker? if you want to use Shanks has a whole crew and Mihawk doe not argument there fore Yonkou are levels above Shichibukai.

Also I don't know how you can put one Power over the other when we have yet to see any of the Yonkou, or all of the Shichibukai. Doflamingo and other Shichibukai could have legions of strong minions backing them also.
Like I said before, total power does count. And sorry I have never read the databooks. But I do think that Shanks hasn't been sitting still cause he lost an arm, people are even speculating that he would have a DF power bye now. Like I said I leave it in the middle cause I don't have enough information to make my own judgement. If the databooks clearly say Mihawk > Shanks then so be it.

And heck when someone says me. Shichibukai = Yonkou = WG. Then that makes me believe that seeing 7/7 = 4/4 that 1/4 > 1/7. But I know that's to much logic cause it's not like all the shichibukai are equally strong. (The same with Yonkou)

And damn no OP this week!
Old 2008-07-09, 13:42   Link #130
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
And damn no OP this week!

I know... it's disappointing, but Oda needs a well-deserved break, especially after the awesome streak we've been getting lately. I do believe our week-long patience will not go unrewarded.

So... nobody's going to speculate on Kizaru's abilities? Like I said before, I think he has a light-based power, since there's a flash of light when he gets off of the cannonball. If he is indeed a light Logia, I wonder how Oda will handle his power? I'm quite sure that we'll see something unique....
Old 2008-07-09, 13:48   Link #131
Vree

Er, I think that's just his cannonball hitting the coast and exploding after he jumped off it.

I'd prefer if he did not have a devil fruit. That'd show them. It's not like there are plenty of other fighting styles and techniques he could choose from anyway?
Old 2008-07-09, 14:11   Link #132
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
Er, I think that's just his cannonball hitting the coast and exploding after he jumped off it.

The thing is, on the panel when he gets off the cannonball, there's an SFX that commonly represents a bright flash of light. Also notice that you don't actually see Kizaru jumping off the cannonball (it looks more like he disappeared). I don't think this is a coincidence...
Old 2008-07-09, 14:15   Link #133
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Sorry I don't agree with that over 20 years ago automaticly means that he knew Hachi before Roger got executed. It could be an indication but so far we can only speculate. My guess is since Hachi saved him as a kid it was prolly near fishman island so my guess is that Hachi saved him then Rayleigh went to archeapolage and became a coater. Or he was a coater already and Hachi saved him near archeapolage. The only reason I think that way cause it seems most logic.
Yeah you do have a point, Silvers could have met Hachi, after Gold Roger was executed, since it was 22 years ago, during those 2 years after Rogers death. But sense it was mentioned that Hachi was a boy when he saved Silvers, it could of happen before Rogers was executed, some time during the four years before the day Rogers was executed. If we knew Hachi age then We would be able to make a better estimate. If Hachi Age is like shanks or older then I will be willing to bet he met Silvers when Silvers was still on Rogers ship.

Quote:
Well in the end it's total power that counts. And I don't know how Morias 1 on 1 went.
Agreed.

Quote:
And heck when someone says me. Shichibukai = Yonkou = WG. Then that makes me believe that seeing 7/7 = 4/4 that 1/4 > 1/7. But I know that's to much logic cause it's not like all the shichibukai are equally strong. (The same with Yonkou)
It was stated in the Yellow Data Book that all the World powers are equal, but when it comes down to personal power, they are not the same, as you said. Are best bet is to just sit and see how the everything turns out, in the story.
Old 2008-07-09, 19:14   Link #134
Monkey D. Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
Another baseless theory that has absolutely no basis save for the fact that we know that Oda likes to surprise us:

Law's pirates are bear-themed. So is Kuma. Doesn't that suggest a connection?

It'd be pretty fun if it turned out that they had a past together, or even know how and why Kuma had become a cyborg.

That, or Oda just really likes bears.
Kuma seems too big time to be affiliated with the Heart Pirates plus when Kuma acknowledged Law he replied "So you know my name, do you?" Unless they don't recognize him or it's a someother situation perhaps like a Luffy/Shanks one, I don't really see it happening.

The only theme I see with the Heart Pirates is a cold theme. The way they have those large jackets and those hats, Bepo looks like he's a polar bear and one of the members even has Penguin written on his hat. I do think Oda does have a infatuation with Bears though, you have all the bear refrences and don't forget Pandaman.

Last edited by Monkey D. Luffy; 2008-07-09 at 19:34.
Old 2008-07-09, 19:26   Link #135
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
The thing is, on the panel when he gets off the cannonball, there's an SFX that commonly represents a bright flash of light. Also notice that you don't actually see Kizaru jumping off the cannonball (it looks more like he disappeared). I don't think this is a coincidence...
I do believe that Kizaru will have a Devil Fruit power, but, even if it is Light, I am betting/hoping that it will be a Paramecia derived power, rather than a Logia derived power. Then again, Luffy's last enemy (Moria) was a paramencia types, and Oda has, so far, had Luffy's enemies alternate between the DF types (this is a generalized observation, not a rule).

That being said, Kizaru's entrance is strange, and it does imply...something. Hopefully we will find out next week.
Old 2008-07-09, 19:44   Link #136
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
So... nobody's going to speculate on Kizaru's abilities? Like I said before, I think he has a light-based power, since there's a flash of light when he gets off of the cannonball. If he is indeed a light Logia, I wonder how Oda will handle his power? I'm quite sure that we'll see something unique....
I always thought that lightning was "light" and we all know that Enel already has that power.
Quote:
It's hard to tell what's happening (I wonder how it will get animated). All I can say is that it looks like Kizaru likes to make a flashy entrance. *rimshot* *cricket noises* Good nite everybody!
Old 2008-07-09, 20:08   Link #137
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I always thought that lightning was "light" and we all know that Enel already has that power.

Eneru's power was thunder-based, not light-based. More specifically, his fruit was the Goro Goro fruit, which is named after the rumbling noise caused by thunderstorms. "Light" and "lightning" are two completely different things. Heh, it kinda reminds me of how people used to compare Blackbeard and Moria's abilities with each other...

And speaking of Blackbeard, remember how his power worked? Despite him having the "darkness" fruit, his power was actually gravity-based. Therefore, if Kizaru does indeed have a light-based ability (which I hope will be called something like the Flash Flash fruit), I don't think it'll simply be used to blind opponents. It should be a bit more complex than that...
Old 2008-07-10, 09:42   Link #138
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Eneru's power was thunder-based, not light-based. More specifically, his fruit was the Goro Goro fruit, which is named after the rumbling noise caused by thunderstorms. "Light" and "lightning" are two completely different things. Heh, it kinda reminds me of how people used to compare Blackbeard and Moria's abilities with each other...

And speaking of Blackbeard, remember how his power worked? Despite him having the "darkness" fruit, his power was actually gravity-based. Therefore, if Kizaru does indeed have a light-based ability (which I hope will be called something like the Flash Flash fruit), I don't think it'll simply be used to blind opponents. It should be a bit more complex than that...
You have a point there, but just one panel doesn't determine a person's special abilities. And what's wrong with blinding your opponents? It worked in DBZ (the attack was called "Solar" something in the English dub and was created by the guy with three eyes).
Old 2008-07-10, 13:22   Link #139
yuchan

Is there no 507 this week?
Old 2008-07-10, 13:46   Link #140
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuchan View Post
Is there no 507 this week?
No, sorry. No One Piece this week.
Closed Thread