AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-08-27, 10:39   Link #541
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
On the contrary, leaks tend to raise hype more often than not.
Then the hype disappears like with anything.

The point behind revealing one character at a time is to continually raise hype before release. If we were to say, learn the entire roster, then have no new news for months on end, the hype will die out faster than they intended.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2014-08-27 at 16:00. Reason: typo
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 14:50   Link #542
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Let's not forget he did this on his own choice and stole a copy of the game, thinking he could get away with it.
Old 2014-08-27, 17:49   Link #543
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
On the contrary, leaks tend to raise hype more often than not.
^This.

This is why I don't mind spoilers, I really get hyped if there is a character that I like that is in the game.
Old 2014-08-27, 18:05   Link #544
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Let's not forget he did this on his own choice and stole a copy of the game, thinking he could get away with it.
it was footage of the game not an copy of the game
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 07:16   Link #545
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yes... I know. But he also stole a copy of the game, along with leaking the footage.

That pretty much seals his job. It would with any company if their employee's stole something. If it were government documents, he woulda been shot.
Old 2014-08-28, 07:39   Link #546
Guy Incognito
Odd Gentlemen

Quote:
Yes... I know. But he also stole a copy of the game, along with leaking the footage.

That pretty much seals his job. It would with any company if their employee's stole something. If it were government documents, he woulda been shot.
I'm sure some nintendo goons broke something of his
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 08:33   Link #547
GDB

Quote:
Allegedly.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 08:58   Link #548
Key Board
Carbon

things like these always worry me, because sometimes creators can get vindictive to the audience if the leak is not intentional

and Sakurai does not seem like a very forgiving person
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 19:14   Link #549
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
I honestly can't see any sense in this. Hype is generated by knowing something exists, unless you're hyped about discovering in-game what's new, in which case whatever. Whatever gets you kicks.

But given how much of the road towards game release has been character reveals, it's clear the hype is generated by knowing who's getting in and who isn't. A leak, logically then, would generate hype.
I have to disagree, especially in the case of Smash bros, as a lot of work went into just how it would be presented.
Just think of how much work sakurai and his team put into the staggered reveal of the roster and game information. For months they have been slowly showing each new and returning character, with each new character getting their own personal trailer to introduce them and show off their moves. Heck some of them even got their own personal FMV sequence. That's alot of work for what could have been a simple press release with a bunch of text.

Just think back to the reveal of Greninja. In the FMV we were not surprised to see Charizard, but then all of sudden Greninja jumps in. Its an AWESOME way to introduce a character. And i also recall how happy I was peronally when Lucina was revealed. And now that same feeling is gone... the roster is revealed and there are no more surprises. They can still release those custom trailers, but now a lot of the charm and surprise is gone... instead of wondering who will be next to make the roster, we are just sitting by waiting for nintendo to tell us what we already know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
things like these always worry me, because sometimes creators can get vindictive to the audience if the leak is not intentional

and Sakurai does not seem like a very forgiving person
I wouldn't blame him if he was angry. A lot of the work that Sakurai has done to try and make the reveal of the smash bros roster has been ruined. Heck Sakurai may have even wanted to keep some of the roster a secret so that players could find out on the first day. Just imagine if he left some of the unlockable characters secret just to see how long it took players to unlock them and find them. I mean, its like spending months plotting the perfect surprise party only to find out the day before that someone ruined the surprise. Sakurai put a lot more work into the reveal of smash bros than most other companies do with other games. And this leaker spoiled all the fun. Little more than One month; that's all that was left before the 3ds version was out and we would find everything on our own.

Quote:

Actually whether he stole the game or not his job is still toast. Most companies like this have strict rules regarding what their employees can talk about when referring to projects the company is working on and an employee usually signs a contract agreeing to that. If he was in a position where he delivers games to the ESRB, then its likely he would be under such agreements since he is handling unreleased material. Being in a position where you get to see information that is not open to the public and then revealing that information to the public is grounds for termination.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2014-08-29 at 03:22.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 07:13   Link #550
Iron Maw
Banned

Shulk Tralier

...And looks like Nintendo is chugging a long as if leak never happened. Cool.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 07:40   Link #551
GDB

Oh god, do you know how many people are going to think that shadow at the end is Ridley? Or Robotnik?

Also... is his alternate costume just him in his boxers?
Old 2014-08-29, 08:13   Link #552
Mephos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Oh god, do you know how many people are going to think that shadow at the end is Ridley? Or Robotnik?

Also... is his alternate costume just him in his boxers?
Yep, now they just have to release more swimming costumes for the other characters and we are set.
Mephos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 08:41   Link #553
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Already hate Shulk with his freaking Sharingan =\
Old 2014-08-29, 08:52   Link #554
Xagzan

Quote:
R...really?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 09:02   Link #555
GDB

Quote:
Already hate Shulk with his freaking Sharingan =\
It's Future Sight. Has nothing to do with the Sharingan.
Old 2014-08-29, 09:29   Link #556
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Well... guess that pretty much confirms Bowser Jr. as well...
Old 2014-08-29, 09:52   Link #557
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephos View Post
Yep, now they just have to release more swimming costumes for the other characters and we are set.
Bikini Zelda here we come!
Old 2014-08-29, 10:00   Link #558
GDB

It's funny, because fans have been calling for a bikini alt of Lucina since shortly after she was revealed. Since there's actually official art work of her in a bikini from the Summer Scramble dlc.
Old 2014-08-29, 10:59   Link #559
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
It's Future Sight. Has nothing to do with the Sharingan.
Still too long of a counter, besides... we already have like 6 characters with reflectors and counters. lol
Old 2014-08-29, 11:31   Link #560
shadow1296

Quote:
...And looks like Nintendo is chugging a long as if leak never happened. Cool.
YouTube
hmm look like he will actually be fun to play and his final smash is the chain attack i thought it might have been monado 3 but hey its still a good one though i wonder if its only riki and dunban who are summoned for it or does it swap is other characters from the game or can you choose who is summoned, also looks like metal face might be a boss in the game otherwise he wouldn't be in the trailer

edit:
Images

Last edited by shadow1296; 2014-08-29 at 11:45.
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
super smash bros. 3ds