AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-09-05, 05:08   Link #321
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Yes! They got Constantine on the show and it's still the same actor.
Old 2015-09-05, 15:36   Link #322
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Well, people were complaining about a lighter and funnier tone. Looks like they'll get some of their dark back after all.

So do they keep Ray "dead" for the series and make him a LoT-only character now, or is he revealed to be alive later to the public and get back to the present-day world? And what happens to the company now?

I do wish they'd come up with something a little better than "these guys are too much for us, we need your help" to get Oliver back in costume. It makes the rest of the team feel incompetent.

As much as Diggle may have some valid reasons for having a problem with Oliver, if he's letting that screw them up in the field he's letting it go too far. Oliver may have kidnapped Lyla and used her as a hostage, but it wasn an act, he didn't lay a hand on her, and it was to stop a mass-murdering madman. Priorities, man.
Kidnapping really seems to be overblown in superhero shows lately, between Diggle getting mad over Lyla here and Skye whining about kidnapping in SHIELD multiple times while there are crazy terrorists running around. Muder/terrorism >>>>>>>>>> kidnapping. Simple math.
And "poisoning" the team in the season 3 finale is a pretty stupid thing to get mad over, as it's only painfully obvious that Oliver never wanted to kill them and thus never betrayed them especially when it was explained in detail. And especially when everybody else got over it like it was nothing, as they should have.

Honestly, I'm actually glad that Quentin is still his angry, contradicting, corrupted self; if the season 3 finale had suddenly cured him and made him accept Oliver again, I would have been very unhappy to see him get off so easily. After all the crap he pulled in season three he needs to seriously eat a punch in the teeth and wake up. Laurel and Thea got wakeup calls when they were raging. It's time for Quentin to get his.
But he honestly thinks that the Arrow/Hood made all these bad guys, even blaming him for the stuff in Central City? (and even calling the Flash, a publicly accepted hero, a "freak") Bad guys like Damien Dark and Ra's Al Ghul were around waaaaaaay before the Hood ever appeaed, and only a handful of bad guys throughout the series so far have actually existed because of him. To say nothing of how the problems in Central City have absolutely no connection to Oliver whatsoever. (how the heck could they?) There's no way Quentin can't realise any of this, but he just keeps on going with his raging blame game anyway. He really needs to get his hard smack in the face, and I'm going to be grinning like an idiot when it finally comes.

Oh great, Waller's back in the flashbacks. Not that I didn't expect to ever see her again, but greeeeeeat. I honestly want her to show up in the Flash trying to get Barry under her thumb just so he can run out from under it and give her what for. She needs her own smack in the face.

Looks like that dark side of the Lazarus Pits that Malcolm feared is going to show up in Thea. We even get some Oliver vs Thea. (and it looks like she handles herself quite well)

And it's Damien Dark, long rival of the League of Assassins this season, so of course Malcolm and Nyssa are back.

Aaaaaaand...........SARAAAA!!!!!

And lastly, series logo is updated for Green Arrow. Finally properly named.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2015-09-05 at 15:50.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-05, 17:33   Link #323
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
But he honestly thinks that the Arrow/Hood made all these bad guys, even blaming him for the stuff in Central City? (and even calling the Flash, a publicly accepted hero, a "freak") Bad guys like Damien Dark and Ra's Al Ghul were around waaaaaaay before the Hood ever appeaed, and only a handful of bad guys throughout the series so far have actually existed because of him. To say nothing of how the problems in Central City have absolutely no connection to Oliver whatsoever. (how the heck could they?) There's no way Quentin can't realise any of this, but he just keeps on going with his raging blame game anyway. He really needs to get his hard smack in the face, and I'm going to be grinning like an idiot when it finally comes.
I think this same concept was used in that other series, Birds of Prey. In that series, they toyed with the idea that Batman's existence attracted the types of villains that came to be known in Gotham and used that as part of the show's setting.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-06, 01:21   Link #324
Wandering Soul

Diggle's costume looks so stupid. I really hope Magneto takes back his helmet some time soon
Quote:

I do wish they'd come up with something a little better than "these guys are too much for us, we need your help" to get Oliver back in costume. It makes the rest of the team feel incompetent.
To be fair they state that the new guys they are fighting are extremely well armed and well trained. Assuming those are Damian Dark's men then it makes sense that those guys wouldn't be push over. The rest of team seemed to handling things well and they only really needed help when the new guys started showing up.
Old 2015-09-06, 04:49   Link #325
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
To be fair they state that the new guys they are fighting are extremely well armed and well trained. Assuming those are Damian Dark's men then it makes sense that those guys wouldn't be push over. The rest of team seemed to handling things well and they only really needed help when the new guys started showing up.
Which still says they can't do anything without Oliver and can only handle 2nd and third rate grunts on their own. For anything important they still need Oliver. It still comes off as them seeming incompetent since they apparently can't handle anything in the big leagues while he can.
Old 2015-09-06, 22:43   Link #326
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Which still says they can't do anything without Oliver and can only handle 2nd and third rate grunts on their own. For anything important they still need Oliver. It still comes off as them seeming incompetent since they apparently can't handle anything in the big leagues while he can.
Thea and Laurel have training but they aren't masters. Thea trained for a couple of months with Malcolm and Laurel trained with Nyassa and Wildcat for a couple of weeks. That time may have made them skilled, but they aren't capable of taking on everyone that comes their way.If those men really were Damain Dark's men then, of course they would be very skilled considering that Damian's organization went up against the League of Assassins. Thea and Laurel aren't incompetent, they were just up against people outside of their League.

Its also not like Oliver will solve everything himself. He will obviously need the team supporting him.
Old 2015-09-11, 13:54   Link #327
secretzfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Yes! They got Constantine on the show and it's still the same actor.
More proof that the worlds on DC tv are connected
secretzfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-11, 17:18   Link #328
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan1 View Post
More proof that the worlds on DC tv are connected
Not by design. They're having him guest star since the Constantine series was sadly cancelled and CW knew that a lot of people wanted them to pick it up. This is a consolation prize.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 10:02   Link #329
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Sneak Peek Season 4.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-10-04, 23:44   Link #330
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Here's hoping season 4 will be a return to quality. Season 3 was just a mess. Maybe now that they have pushed Oliver and Felicity together they can let that be settled a bit and get things moving in a better direction. Plus save Felicty's character. She turned into a mess in season 3, completely unlikable pain in the rear.
Old 2015-10-05, 11:40   Link #331
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I still can't see anything in the complaints about Felicity being unlikeable in season 3.....
Old 2015-10-07, 20:41   Link #332
Galaxian

Someone caught a nice Easter Egg in the Coast City Bar scene...

Spoiler for :
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 22:01   Link #333
GDB

Spoiler for Season 4 episode 1:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 22:16   Link #334
Wandering Soul

My bet is on the grave being Lance's. If not him then most likely Diggle.
Old 2015-10-08, 02:44   Link #335
monster

Ok, so I guess this will be the last season for flashback of the time before Oliver's return to Central City. I love how Oliver was so much better at living a normal life than Felicity. And I suppose that time skip will either be at the middle of this season or at the end, which makes me think that
Spoiler:
Old 2015-10-08, 03:37   Link #336
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Seriously! Lance thinks everything bad that happened is because of Oliver? Sure. I wouldn't be surprised if he founds a way to put a blame on him for Krypton exploding!
Old 2015-10-08, 06:03   Link #337
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Oh Waller, you b*tch. Die in a fire. -_-

Well, Lance is still his hating, raging self. "Inspired monsters"? The [i]one[/i bad guy who became one semi-directly due to Oliver's actions was Slade, and that only happened because his warped mind went into full-blown rage mode from twisting Ivo's murdering Shadow and jealousy over her. If Lance hactually cared to give any thought to this instead of hating like an immature child, he'd realize this. Merlyn and Ras were evil long before Oliver ever pulled up the hood.

At least Diggle isn't raging at Oliver as bad as Lance is.

I wouldn't be surprised if the timeskip actually makes it possible that whoever's grave that is will be reversed by something in Legends of Tomorrow. I'm not so sure that the timing is coincidental. But I doubt it's Felicity's grave; it's about time Oliver developed to the point he can mourn a lover's passing without coming to a grinding halt, but he still felt a little under-sad for it to be her. My bet is that it's Lance's grave. Barry would come to check in anyway because Oliver's his friend, and with the revelation that Lance is in cahoots with Darhk (albeit not not willingly it seems), it looks like they're digging his grave. (pun somewhat intended)

And this shouldn't be the last season for the flashbacks. Oliver was gone five years, which still leaves one year to cover next season (one year has been covered each season, with the six-month timeskip between the first and second seasons to cover the time between Fyer's defeat and Ivo's arrival), the year before he is rescued. Of course, it begs the question
Old 2015-10-08, 12:53   Link #338
monster

Ah, right, I thought with him returning (that is the island, right?), I thought we're already in season 5. If he's there already, is he getting back out again, or will he finish whatever he needs to in the first year and then get stranded by Amanda and spend the second (last) year alone? I guess the latter makes sense given his appearance in the series premiere.

Again, I don't think Lance is saying the Arrow literally created the monsters, but that he attracted them and inspired them to come to Central City. He can only react based on what he sees, which is that all these super villains came after the Arrow.
Old 2015-10-08, 13:06   Link #339
justsomeguy

The flashforward that somebody will die kind of loses its impact when various spoilers have already revealed that resurrection exists. Presumably it's somebody who refuses to be brought back, or isn't worth bringing back, or the body is completely destroyed, or the Lazarus Pit is unavailable.
* Diggle - I would say the most likely. He has the most connections to HIVE after all. But what would happen with Lilah and baby sara afterwards?
* Lance - since he's an antagonist and he's working with Dahrk, he's likely to die. But Barry has never met him and has no direct connection to him, so why would he even show up at the grave?
* Felicity - possible, but her death would dramatically affect most of the cast from two shows, so probably too big for the story
* Thea - I would hope not, since she's already died once, she's Oliver's last living relative, and her development into a heroine is a storyline with potential
* Laurel - unlikely, since story-wise there's nothing to gain from her death when there's already one dead Lance sister

As for Damien Dahrk's supernatural abilities so far:
* some sort of death touch
* repel projectiles - no sign of full-scale telekinesis yet.
* teleportation? - he had no problem with being on a train full of explosives with no brakes, and he just wasn't there when Oliver and Diggle turned around.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 13:21   Link #340
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
The flashforward that somebody will die kind of loses its impact when various spoilers have already revealed that resurrection exists. Presumably it's somebody who refuses to be brought back, or isn't worth bringing back, or the body is completely destroyed, or the Lazarus Pit is unavailable.
I don't think the Lazarus Pit is a viable solution for death considering the storyline which I think they're doing with Thea, which is probably connected to how she was revived.

Tags
green arrow, the cw