AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-12-10, 12:20   Link #121
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
animefan, I believe there actually is a few well-known people who like anime.
Robin Williams is also an anime fan

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 12:36   Link #122
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
I don't have too many anime fans at my school but there's certainly an amount of them(we have a pretty popular anime club). Still, anime isn't really popular with most as my school though--there's a lot who don't even know exactly how to point it out. I get comments all the time on my anime related t-shirts and when they ask me what it's from I'm totally honest and anime doesn't even cross the other person's lips.

And I realize this is going way back in the thread but the whole approaching people and asking might be more effective than you think--my now best friend did that to me freshman year of high school. *sigh* Just reminicsing.
LionsMane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 15:34   Link #123
animefanrk2k

Send a message via AIM to animefanrk2k Send a message via MSN to animefanrk2k
Billy Bob Thorton and Robin Williams are anime fans? No wonder it appeals to me. XD
Old 2006-12-10, 16:18   Link #124
General_Norris
Ouendan member

Here's a funny method to know who is an anime fan:

Wear a T-shirt with LOTS of spoilers on it like

"Rukia declares her love to Ichigo in chapter XXX" but with a real spoiler.

Those who get annoyed/scream NOOOO like anime. However I will not expect to be friends.
General_Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 16:47   Link #125
animefanrk2k

No, fake spoilers are good too because when that person asks if it really happens, you can say, "I don't know. I just made the T-shirt." XD
Old 2006-12-12, 16:51   Link #126
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

Vexx would you want to be my father?
holyman282 your avatar freaks me out

I read[red] somewhere that people feel insecure with things that are different because sometimes different things can be dangerous to them. It's like a protection.
The things we like, the religion we have, the color of our skin and our weight seems to be the difference that human fears the most.
They say human are superior to animals because of their brain...
Guess they'll have to prove that by trying with their so-called-superior brain to get passed that intolerant state...
Yogo_Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 19:38   Link #127
Calico131

Well America sucks in regards to Anime. No one will actually give it a shot. They are so quick to say no, its animated, it sucks, blah blah blah. I know of 2 people in my school that like anime. Both huge rejects. Kinda sad really, i know so many ppl would change their opinion of me if i said openly i like anime in highschool.

Thats why i cant wait for college. There will be more people that i can hang out with, and if they actually have a problem with me watching anime, then i wouldnt care at all.

I actually got my cousin into Bleach last weekend. I forced him to watch a few episodes and he got hooked. I was so happy. It completely changed his view on anime.

So if your looking for people that like anime, make all your friends watch a few episodes with you, and they will moost likely get hooked too.
Old 2006-12-12, 20:10   Link #128
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
Thats why i cant wait for college. There will be more people that i can hang out with, and if they actually have a problem with me watching anime, then i wouldnt care at all.
EXACTLY TRUE

I am now in College . . . College for the arts . . I am getting my Bachelors degree in Media arts and Animation

everybody thier loves anime of course It is great . . . . speaking of Anime I cannot wait until Christmas break . . . going to go shopping for Anime
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 20:38   Link #129
Lavabyle
A Ninny Moose

As to approaching people and seeing if they're into it, doodles are #1, as well as sketching ability in art class ^.~

^ Same for my school, i must be the number one anime recruiter. My friends have no clue where i get all these fansubs, and before me only knew about FMA ^.^;
Anime seems to everyone's hidden hobby at school though, if i say "saber" or "ichigo" a few heads twitch xD
Lavabyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 21:02   Link #130
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavabyle View Post
As to approaching people and seeing if they're into it, doodles are #1, as well as sketching ability in art class ^.~

^ Same for my school, i must be the number one anime recruiter. My friends have no clue where i get all these fansubs, and before me only knew about FMA ^.^;
Anime seems to everyone's hidden hobby at school though, if i say "saber" or "ichigo" a few heads twitch xD
Yep yep . . . . I only started drawing a while ago . . . . but the CG animation I was always into and watching anime I was always into . . . . .

Luckily I don't have to "locate" anime fans anymore . . .all I have to do now is turn my head and say: "hey what are you drawing?" or "what anime are your currently watching??" . . . it is great to be surounded by anime fans where I don't have to pull teeth and explain a certian anime, they already know them all , more than I do
Old 2006-12-12, 21:11   Link #131
Lavabyle
A Ninny Moose

^ Gah i can't wait for college now xDDDDDDDDd
Lavabyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 23:21   Link #132
ps3mania
piyo, pipipiyo, piyo.

well, I plan to send some anime to few of my distant friends; I have succeeded in getting one of my oldest friends to start watching anime !! I plan to send him some fansubbs for christmas since he cant download it himself. Oh, and I also plan on mailing anime to an female freind of mine also... but I doubt she would enjoy it though...well, she OK'ed it, so there cant be much harm from my actions...I hope.

AHH!! I wish I was born at the same year as my borther, bec he has like 4-5 friends that watch anime raw or with fansub.
ps3mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 23:29   Link #133
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3mania View Post
well, I plan to send some anime to few of my distant friends; I have succeeded in getting one of my oldest friends to start watching anime !! I plan to send him some fansubbs for christmas since he cant download it himself. Oh, and I also plan on mailing anime to an female freind of mine also... but I doubt she would enjoy it though...well, she OK'ed it, so there cant be much harm from my actions...I hope.

AHH!! I wish I was born at the same year as my borther, bec he has like 4-5 friends that watch anime raw or with fansub.
go get em' . . . I've been trying to get my sister to watch Anime . . . . she will never give me the chance to let even try watching ONE EPISODE of any anime I have . . . . I have a feeling if she were to watch it she would like it . . . . she is very resistant lol . . no biggie though . . . .
Quote:

^ Gah i can't wait for college now xDDDDDDDDd
yeah even if your don't go to an animation College the students will still respect anime becasue it is a College . . not a stupid highschool . . . people are more mature (most of the times ) in College . . or I should say more mature than they were in Highschool at least , it would be unlikley for someone to get on you for liking anime becasue it is not professional and hopefully they are past that immature stage . . . anyways
Old 2006-12-12, 23:30   Link #134
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Well they have an anime club here at my college.

But, in High School what I did was: Instead of looking for anime fans, I made got my current friends into anime. I'd talk to them about some awesome "show" and explain to them awesome stuff in it, not letting them know it was anime. Then when they wanted to watch it, I'd show 'em it and get them hooked. Worked pretty well.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 00:22   Link #135
dojikyo

I'm in San Francisco. So Japantown is a given. Both UCB and SFSU have anime clubs so it isn't hard finding people.
dojikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 03:06   Link #136
animefanrk2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogo_Pogo View Post
Vexx would you want to be my father?
holyman282 your avatar freaks me out

I read[red] somewhere that people feel insecure with things that are different because sometimes different things can be dangerous to them. It's like a protection.
The things we like, the religion we have, the color of our skin and our weight seems to be the difference that human fears the most.
They say human are superior to animals because of their brain...
Guess they'll have to prove that by trying with their so-called-superior brain to get passed that intolerant state...
You can't mess with Snape. I saved that avatar just so I can show my friends when I get back to America. Hahaha, they'll freak out! XD

Well, you might expose them to anime and they might become a permanent loli-maniac? That's dangerous! o_0

I locate them the old fashioned way.

Person: What're you watching?
Me: *with my laptop* Anime.
Person: Isn't that cartoons or something?
Me: *someone dies gruesomely on my screen* If American cartoons did that, more people would watch it.
Person: HOLY S***! THAT'S FREAKIN' AWESOME!

Another casual anime fan born... XD
Old 2006-12-13, 04:15   Link #137
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

lol animefreak, always nice to find someone who enjoy my avatar lol. anyway yeah i'll just bring my laptop to school and play a really gruesome anime like Gantz or recently death note (quite disturbing anime) and they'll be like WTF?! that's not g rated and i'll be like see what did i tell you, i dare you to show that crap to your kids!
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 11:08   Link #138
animefanrk2k

It's the easiest way to get rid of the illusion that all anime is cartoons or all anime is hentai. *shrugs*

My anime-hating friend watched Seisouhen with me and enjoyed it. So the selection of anime is also important. (The anime I watch will most likely drive normal people insane. XD)
Old 2006-12-13, 14:29   Link #139
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Suigintou herself helped me locate a fellow anime fan.

In my college classroom someone has a Suigintou wallpaper on their desktop. The thing is, no-one in MY class put it on, so it has to be one of the other classes. Rozen Maiden isn't licensed or anything and is popular amongst anime circles online, so there must be a fansub watcher RIGHT NEAR ME!
Old 2006-12-13, 15:23   Link #140
Nidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
Suigintou herself helped me locate a fellow anime fan.

In my college classroom someone has a Suigintou wallpaper on their desktop. The thing is, no-one in MY class put it on, so it has to be one of the other classes. Rozen Maiden isn't licensed or anything and is popular amongst anime circles online, so there must be a fansub watcher RIGHT NEAR ME!
GENIUS! I'm gonna try that next time I'm on a uni computer Its always the simplest ideas that are the best
Nidas is offline   Reply With Quote