AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2007-03-17, 22:40   Link #301
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothead21 View Post
i love the way you say "the next series is going to be different" it makes me happy, like that there is going to be more to watch. because i honestly dont like to read,
depending on how they break down the episodes based on the order of the novels it'll be quite interesting

there's going to be rapid character development though, if they're going to finish it all with the next anime
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 22:48   Link #302
pothead21
Davisanddroz.com

Send a message via AIM to pothead21
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
depending on how they break down the episodes based on the order of the novels it'll be quite interesting

there's going to be rapid character development though, if they're going to finish it all with the next anime
idk but for some reason i always saw fmp develop faster than any other anime i have watched. does anyone else feel that way??? thats another point i like about it. it doesnt seem to have the "filler" that some other animes have...
pothead21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 01:05   Link #303
velvet nightmare

season 1 had 24 episodes which is short-medium

fumoffu was pretty much filler to an extent, which is kind of what it's purpose was, so i'll leave it at that

TSR only had 13 episodes, which is considered short, to build us up for the next series

all in all, FMP generally comes out in small number of episodes so it does develop quite a bit faster
Old 2007-03-18, 08:20   Link #304
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Quote:
idk but for some reason i always saw fmp develop faster than any other anime i have watched. does anyone else feel that way??? thats another point i like about it. it doesnt seem to have the "filler" that some other animes have...
That's what I like about it too. The change's in character's is quite obvious but it's never instantaneous.

However the first season did have filler. The one where Mitsuki (or whatever her name is) pretends to date Sousuke springs to mind. Then there's the one with Kazuma's dad and the ASs (and where Kazuma proves to be an even more spoilt/annoying twat).
Maxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 08:53   Link #305
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Quote:
True, True, TSR reallllly is push push push! without sacrificing plot for action. And yet we still have the poignant quiet moments (just watched disk 3)
dpryciak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 10:39   Link #306
Suchi

thats one of the good things with fmp, if you ask me...it does feel like the plot is developing, and not just standing still
Suchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 11:00   Link #307
pothead21
Davisanddroz.com

what i mean is that it seams like fmp will take a normal 5 episodes and turn it into 3 with out sacrificing and story or action.
Old 2007-03-18, 11:01   Link #308
Suchi

totally agree
Old 2007-03-19, 14:42   Link #309
kazekiri

I doubt they'll finish the main story in the next series. FMP covered three novels with a few filler eps, there are four out now and at least one more to come. If they don't mind ending on a cliffhanger, they could start the next series with Christmas, maybe make up some 'serious' filler and end with On My Own. I can't recall, wasn't the three episode arc in FMP between the Behemoth and the Danaan original to the anime? That would pad out the story enough to get one full series before crunch time. The big problem is that BOMF/TMMD/? has to come as a unit and doesn't leave room for sidestory episodes. I think they'll try and end on a bang that way. In the meanwhile, there's probably enough sidestory material to make a second Fumoffu as well.
kazekiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 01:20   Link #310
velvet nightmare

depends how many episodes they are going to make it

if they keep it around 25+ episodes like series 1 there shouldnt be problems

though they could follow fumoffu/TSR and keep it around the 12-13 range and split the rest of the novels into two installments

or they could make DVMC an OVA

argh forget it, lol, not going through all the permutations
Old 2007-03-20, 10:15   Link #311
TigerII
Pilot in Training

All we can do is wait and see.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 17:24   Link #312
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Yup agree with that one....just wait and see...
Old 2007-03-22, 00:26   Link #313
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
NOOOOO!!! Going... through... FMP... withdrawals... Must... see... more... story... progression...
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 11:39   Link #314
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
NOOOOO!!! Going... through... FMP... withdrawals... Must... see... more... story... progression...
read the novels?
Old 2007-03-22, 21:01   Link #315
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Quote:
read the novels?
I did. I read all the ones I could get my hands on.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 17:37   Link #316
Jas0n
The Urzu 69er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
Heh, me too . After being intimately attached to the series I would love some animated closure aside from the novels.
Jas0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 20:53   Link #317
ricerocket

Quote:

first season ep 1~7: book 1 "boy meets girl"

first season ep 9~12: book 2 "one night stand"

first season ep 17~24: book 3 "into the blue"

TSR: ep 5~13: book 4-5 "day by day"

rest of the episodes are short stories or anime original stories

so as you can see, the fast progression in the anime is due to the huge amount of content in the original script based on the novel series, unlike a lot of scripts that are made specifically for an anime or adapted from games

and if they keep this fast pace up in later seasons, assuming the anime will remain faithful to the novels like it has been so far, it should require at least another 2 full seasons (24 episodes each) to finish the main story, 3 if they want to add in more content from short stories
ricerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 08:11   Link #318
Honey_and_Cleaver

I wish the anime continued. Atleast an OVA to finish them off.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 10:09   Link #319
Suchi

more like, atleast an OVA to make it bearable to wait for the next season
Old 2007-03-24, 22:22   Link #320
pothead21
Davisanddroz.com

maybe an ova to finish the story, but then go back and make a prequel of sorts. a normal story. or, as i was typing this, i thought y not do an ova to finish it off after they do a new season (of 25 episodes) or 2. that would be awesome. i mean its not like they dont have the story for it, its just a matter of making it

Tags
there is a god!